Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The undergarments of both parties are still on in the first one. That one is accidental dry humping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Love Spidey trolling Ben hard. Goddamn.

Fun fact about that story arc where Juggs knocks down the WTC: it was supposedly Liefeld's breaking point with Marvel because they censored an idea he had where Shatterstar slips his sword blade right into Juggernaut's eye via the tiny slit on his helmet.

Nah, it was McFarlane. He did stab him in the eye but marvel freaked out and made him make it less... Pokey. He's got the original art on his Facebook page.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ferrule posted:

Blame Neal Adams and Hannah/Barberra for Long-Chin Joker

(Scooby-Doo, 1972)

I know what all of this reminds me of:

(Star Wars Tales of the Jedi: Golden Age of the Sith #2)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

His chin looks like a ballsack with rope tied around it, or a penis with a festive rope hat. Take your pick.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Flesh goatee.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

BB chat: I loved BB all the way through but I wish they never switched to that digital coloring during the second season.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Calaveron posted:

Batman Begins opens with middle-aged Batman having a heart attack while fighting thugs and having to resort to threaten them with a gun to not get beaten to death.
I do not understand how Timm et al presented it as the kiddiest DCAU show

mind the walrus posted:

No he said it was sold and aimed as the kiddiest show. There is no way they didn't realize early on in development "Holy poo poo we are going to dark loving places with this. Eh whatever it's Kid's WB they don't give a gently caress we're one of the pillars of their lineup."

The Bruce Timm episode of Fat Man on Batman goes into this. They never wanted to make Batman Beyond, they were given orders to make a Batman show with a high school aged Batman. They came up with idea for it in like, a weekend, and presented it, and were given the greenlight right there on the spot. I don't think Kids WB really knew what they were getting into when Timm and his crew made the pitch for it.

The other idea they had, IIRC, was a Batman+Pokemon+Power Rangers hybrid, which...yeah. I'm glad we got Beyond instead.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dexie posted:

The other idea they had, IIRC, was a Batman+Pokemon+Power Rangers hybrid, which...yeah. I'm glad we got Beyond instead.

Oh, so Battle Fever J, but with Batman instead of Captain America.

And with Mini-Cons.

Hmph. Disaster averted indeed.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

WickedHate posted:

Oh, so Battle Fever J, but with Batman instead of Captain America.

And with Mini-Cons.

Hmph. Disaster averted indeed.

Basically, yeah.

If I'm remembering right, it was like...Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon, and Tim Drake as tokusatsu styled heroes competing to earn the right to take up the mantle of Batman? I don't remember the exact details. I might go listen to that episode of FMOB again.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 7, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Dexie posted:

Basically, yeah.

If I'm remembering right, it was like...Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon, and Tim Drake as tokusatsu styled heroes competing to earn the right to take up the mantle Batman? I don't remember the exact details. I might go listen to that episode of FMOB again.

That sounds absolutely incredible

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dexie posted:

Basically, yeah.

If I'm remembering right, it was like...Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon, and Tim Drake as tokusatsu styled heroes competing to earn the right to take up the mantle Batman? I don't remember the exact details. I might go listen to that episode of FMOB again.

No, no, wait, I got it: DISK WARS.

That premise sounds like something they'd do now, like that toy advertisement movie with the robot animals.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The idea that executives were like "okay, make an accessible show with a teen Batman!" and they came up with Batman Beyond is just absolutely delightful. It's the definition of writing to the letter of the prompt rather than the spirit.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Android Blues posted:

The idea that executives were like "okay, make an accessible show with a teen Batman!" and they came up with Batman Beyond is just absolutely delightful. It's the definition of writing to the letter of the prompt rather than the spirit.

I think this was the original concept, or else was in the works later but never got made. There was also one based on No Man's Land that would have had Cassandra Cain, I believe.

Edit: Didn't notice "class of 2009", I guess it was the latter.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 7, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WickedHate posted:

I think this was the original concept, or else was in the works later but never got made. There was also one based on No Man's Land that would have had Cassandra Cain, I believe.

Gotham High is always something I'm wicked disappointed didn't get made.

And NGL one of the reasons I don't cotton to BB as the 'canon' ending to B:TAS is that I like to imagine Cass and Steph and Damian all show up at some point and BB pretty well ruins any chance of that.

Cass would have been amazing with the directors they had on B:TAS.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
In my ideal canon, Terry is Damian and gets adopted by his parents after Batman leaves him at an orphanage as a baby. It sort of makes what Epilogue was going for work.

It also turns one of my least favorite Bat characters into one of my favorite.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

In my canon Epilogue never aired.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
On the subject of Return of the Joker, I always felt that his design in the flashback scene hit the perfect medium between the original B:TAS design and the newer Batman Adventures redesign

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Everything about this is terrible.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

OK, time to cut out the Batman talk it's not the Bat thread. Post funny panels. They can be of Batman if you want.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

This should happen with Wolverine in every comic. Logan just pops through holes in space and time at least once per page. Special guest appearance by Wolverine in each issue, bub!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

This should happen with Wolverine in every comic. Logan just pops through holes in space and time at least once per page. Special guest appearance by Wolverine in each issue, bub!

We call that 1993.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

X-O posted:

OK, time to cut out the Batman talk it's not the Bat thread. Post funny panels. They can be of Batman if you want.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind people that we do in fact have a Batman thread that almost never gets posted in and maybe we should all post in that thread about Batman.

funny panels feat. Batman

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

If Batman just did nothing but this, all night every night, he might actually be able to rid gotham of crime.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

mind the walrus posted:

His chin looks like a ballsack with rope tied around it, or a penis with a festive rope hat. Take your pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NPw3WvpRL8

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

From Blue Beetle (1986) #19

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
No idea what this is.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Say Nothing posted:

No idea what this is.

I'm a yoot and can confirm this is how we all talk.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

No idea what this is.

Sadly, it's not earnest.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Thank god I'm here to save the day.

60s slang has always been profoundly weird to me because our main knowledge of it comes from media written by adults badly trying to immitate real life 60s teens.

This is, literally, the worst idea for a party ever.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 8, 2016

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Roth posted:

From Blue Beetle (1986) #19

Ted Kord that is stone cold the funniest poo poo I have ever heard you say.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

WickedHate posted:

The 2099 line did it better. Speaking of which:

Every time I read this, I hear it in Diedrich Bader's 'badass' voice that he used for Batman and Hoss Delgado.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

John Dyne posted:

Every time I read this, I hear it in Diedrich Bader's 'badass' voice that he used for Batman and Hoss Delgado.

That's the Korgoth voice and I'll not hear otherwise.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Lurdiak posted:

That's the Korgoth voice and I'll not hear otherwise.

I had to look it up and that is literally the same voice Bader uses for Hoss Delgado and Batman. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg5QBrwKF94

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGPe-9Sfr-8

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's what I'm saying!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Edit: never mind, fake

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

SomeMathGuy posted:

It's weird that they assumed it would be the kiddiest show when the underlying premise is an ultra-nihilistic "Everyone who says Batman's war on crime is doomed to pointlessness and failure is right" take, but maybe that grew out of the planning phases as a natural consequence of wanting a younger character as a Batman-in-training sort.

I think I might've been at that panel - were they also showing off that short-lived Legion of Superheroes cartoon? Small world.

Anyway, content - Mr. Weatherbee is sick of bears, and your poo poo:

e: Source is Jughead #8.

You know how in some continuities, Alfred is a retired SAS combat medic? They should do something similar with the Riverdale faculty. Riverdale: Red Dawn.

The Bee is a retired marine. Ms. Grundy was a MASH nurse in Korea or Vietnam or whatever's appropriate these days. Prof. Flutesnoot worked for OSI, or CIA's OST or something. Coach Kleats taught 'unconventional warfare' to 'freedom fighters' in wherever is appropriate for the timeframe.

To the kids, of course, they're just their usual doddering old selves. Then Commies/Aliens/Zombies/Whatever invade, and the faculty step up and start whipping the kids into shape. Make it dark as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The first story arc in Jughead was about Riverdale getting taken over by a secret CIA training agency.