Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
That bike is very exited about walkies! :keke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Next Ducati page is 1098 so make it count, bro.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
The 999 is so ugly though

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

EX250 Type R posted:

The 999 is so ugly though

Bite your drat tongue. The 999 is gorgeous, fresh and modern looking, and has aged fantastically. It even comes in not-red!

(wish there was a higher res version of this)

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Stacked headlights are always cool.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
gently caress the 999 haters here's photos of my S in ultra rare red. I had just replaced the rear tire so please dont wear shame me.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

All the cool buttons were pushed on that designer's control panel.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I miss my x99 fiercely and can't wait to adopt another into the permanent collection.

The most uncomfortable production bike of all time, but on song on a racetrack, nothing could matter less.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Agree. That and the fear of it grenading.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Who's the bigger badass? They both have kickass hair and moustaches. Biker guy has killer leathers, motorcycle, and a hawk/falcon, but velvet shirt guy has an AK47 (with a loving bayonet and scope) and a babe on his arm. Also, sunglasses. Too tough to call.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Gorson posted:

Who's the bigger badass? They both have kickass hair and moustaches. Biker guy has killer leathers, motorcycle, and a hawk/falcon, but velvet shirt guy has an AK47 (with a loving bayonet and scope) and a babe on his arm. Also, sunglasses. Too tough to call.

And hes got a woman too!

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

"Is it going to eat me? Don't let it eat me."

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
This is the page 1000 singularity. It's happening an it's rad as gently caress

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

PaintVagrant posted:

This is the page 1000 singularity. It's happening an it's rad as gently caress

D&D just hit 2000. We need to catch up.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Gorson posted:

Only one pic has a motorcycle, therefore hawk guy is the winner.

My first leather motorcycle jacket was a hein gericke and its thick as gently caress and I still have it today 20+ years later. They make good poo poo.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://www.instagram.com/p/BI3W5OBBkoS/?taken-by=bikelifekings

Idiot runs a red light with a passenger :stare: It's a bit graphic if broken bones make you sqeamish.

edit: oh poo poo it's almost page 1,000. Pretend I also posted the video of those half naked guys getting whipped and revving the dirtbike.

hot sauce fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Aug 9, 2016

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbbg3G9B9sY

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

titanium posted:

gently caress the 999 haters here's photos of my S in ultra rare red. I had just replaced the rear tire so please dont wear shame me.

Nice biek. What's the helmet?

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

pokie posted:

Nice biek. What's the helmet?

Looks like a Roof boxer

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hot sauce posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI3W5OBBkoS/?taken-by=bikelifekings

Idiot runs a red light with a passenger :stare: It's a bit graphic if broken bones make you sqeamish.

:gonk: :gonk: :nms: :gonk: :gonk:

"If broken bones make you squeamish" is not clear enough to warn people. That's a compound fracture with the tibia sticking clean out of the skin. She'll need years to fully recover from that, if she ever does.

If I hadn't already bought my nice Dainese boots with the ankle support system, that would have sold me on them instantly.

1. don't run red lights
2. don't run red lights with a passenger on the back
3. don't run red lights with a passenger on the back when both of you are wearing sneakers you loving moron

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

1. don't be a dumb oval office

Much simpler.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
I've had a bunch of biek footage for literal years that I've never been able to think of a way to actually use. Ever since my crash in January and the subsequent brain damage, I've been doing a lot of soul searching and had an idea for a project the other night. This means a lot to me, and I'm super excited, so I threw together a super quick, "I haven't actually started working on this yet" sketch demo because I thought others may appreciate the ideal.

Here's zee link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUWgb09SSGY

It probably doesn't mean as much to others as it does to me, but I'd love to know if it resonates with yous guys at all.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I think people ride for a lot of different reasons.

Me, I've never done a track day, so that doesn't resonate with me. But put in some footage from out in the mountains, swooping up a deserted, misty canyon road just after sunrise, and I'm right there with you.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

Me, I've never done a track day, so that doesn't resonate with me. But put in some footage from out in the mountains, swooping up a deserted, misty canyon road just after sunrise, and I'm right there with you.
Thanks for the feedback. I have a ton of mountain and "casual" riding footage too that I'm going to toss in.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

-Inu- posted:

Thanks for the feedback. I have a ton of mountain and "casual" riding footage too that I'm going to toss in.

I second Sagebrush, some mountain riding in there will be cool. Looking forward to the full vid.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

hot sauce posted:

I second Sagebrush, some mountain riding in there will be cool. Looking forward to the full vid.
For reference, this is a snippet of some footage I have from a single evening in the mountains. This is from 2 gopros; I think we had 6 gopros total just from that one day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbaNoneKzpE&t=51s

There's like a minute of (repetitive) footage in that video. I think I have 2 or 3 hours to work with just from that day.

edit:

Sagebrush posted:

If any of you guys want to share why you ride, fire away. I have wayyyyy too much money invested in camera lenses, so I can shoot whatever.

-Inu- fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Aug 9, 2016

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

-Inu- posted:

edit:
If any of you guys want to share why you ride, fire away. I have wayyyyy too much money invested in camera lenses, so I can shoot whatever.

I believe we had an entire thread dedicated to this question at one point in time. I ride because it's just fun. Not the best answer but that's my #1 reason.

Hipster answer: I ride because it's one of the few activities that forces me to be present mentally and not play with my phone or w/e.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

-Inu- posted:

For reference, this is a snippet of some footage I have from a single evening in the mountains. This is from 2 gopros; I think we had 6 gopros total just from that one day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbaNoneKzpE&t=51s

There's like a minute of (repetitive) footage in that video. I think I have 2 or 3 hours to work with just from that day.

edit:

I ride because I love the idea that one wrong move and you're DEAD. DEADDDD. Also I like to visit new places and see amazing views, you feel so free on a bike. There is a point when I'm riding where it feels like the bike has melted away and become a part of my body. I enter an almost euphoric state and all my worries dissolve; the only thing that matters is what's ahead. During this time it feels like I could go anywhere my heart desires.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I ride because my bike has a pussy

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Even as a track junkie I still prefer the mountain/canyon carving vids.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Sagebrush posted:

misty canyon road just after sunrise

Post a trigger warning man, deer, ugh.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I ride because it's my only form of transportation :v:

But beyond that, it's because there's a lot to see and it's a hell of a lot more fun to do it on a motorcycle than to ride a bus or take a taxi.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

YF19pilot posted:

I ride because it's my only form of transportation :v:
:hfive: Bike as only vehicle buddy.

Although I'm member of a car pool so I do have access to a car if I plan ahead a bit.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I ride because it's about the only time that my internal monolog shuts the gently caress up and I can have peace.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

Post a trigger warning man, deer, ugh.

I rarely see deer in the early morning. Coyotes, though, yes. And one time a bear ran across the road right in front of me.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

I ride because it's about the only time that my internal monolog shuts the gently caress up and I can have peace.

Yup, although even that's more difficult than it used to be now that riding's become second nature.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

BlackMK4 posted:

Yupppp.

I live in Minnesota and almost all my riding is long straight hilly farm roads.

There is a certain something about bombing along on a dry bright 80 degree day. The clouds fluffed against a cerulean backdrop. There is a warming breath on your shoulders and head from the radiance of the sun and a cool constant breeze from the speed. You come up over a hill and dip down into a deep narrow valley. The property line between two farms is flanked by trees on either side. As you hit the bottom of the dip your arms chill as the cold air, untouched by the beating sun, sweeps through your jacket. The air tastes different, thick, moist, and clings to your lungs. You hold your breath as you're pushed into your seat on the way up the other side. You apply more throttle and feel the bike squat, like a cat about to pounce. As you hit the top and the suspension stretches you exhale the cold pine air. It's amazing going from one world to another so quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

TheFonz posted:

Yupppp.

I live in Minnesota and almost all my riding is long straight hilly farm roads.

There is a certain something about bombing along on a dry bright 80 degree day. The clouds fluffed against a cerulean backdrop. There is a warming breath on your shoulders and head from the radiance of the sun and a cool constant breeze from the speed. You come up over a hill and dip down into a deep narrow valley. The property line between two farms is flanked by trees on either side. As you hit the bottom of the dip your arms chill as the cold air, untouched by the beating sun, sweeps through your jacket. The air tastes different, thick, moist, and clings to your lungs. You hold your breath as you're pushed into your seat on the way up the other side. You apply more throttle and feel the bike squat, like a cat about to pounce. As you hit the top and the suspension stretches you exhale the cold pine air. It's amazing going from one world to another so quickly.

You see a nearby Chipotle. As you reminisce about the burrito you had last week you fail to notice a large pothole getting closer and closer. You wake up on the ground. You look down and see your leg is split open like an overcooked hotpocket. Your hands, once covered in Dorito dust, are now covered in tiny rocks and blackened from the asphalt. On the road your fresh blood glistens like a spilled bottle of Mountain Dew: Code Red.
A man walks up to you and asks if you're okay.
"Do you have stairs in your house?" you stammer.
The man thinks for a moment. "I'm protected"
You knew you were among friends. You look at your bike. What was a proud Buell is now a dropped plate of fajitas laying on the cold concrete floor of your parents basement.

You jolt from the nightmare gasping "ATGATT!". You run over to your minifridge fearing the worst. As you open the door you breath a sigh of relief. The leftover fajita's your mom made for you are still packed neatly in the back of the fridge where you left them.