Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Everyone loves Draskyl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

There probably isn't one but most people like KotL guy, paired with almost anyone, and the ODad cast

Goetta posted:

Everyone loves Draskyl

I don't like dad. Fight me :colbert:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Winter, Purge, Winter, Godz, Winter, Draskyl, Winter, Blitz, Winter

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Goetta posted:

Everyone loves Draskyl

not gogey

*cue "everyone who counts loves Andy Stiles" to the tune of the Simpsons' "everyone who counts loves Ned Flanders"*

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
PixelDad is the only TRUE combo.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What's wrong with Merlini

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
personally i genuinely think synderen is the best caster and makes even lovely casters tolerable in a duo cast :coffeepal:

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
The secret shop was sold out by 730am ugh.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

more like dICK posted:

The secret shop was sold out by 730am ugh.

isn't it 100% preorders this year? no payment on-site?

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
They said they would hold some aside for people who couldn't preorder.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

botany posted:

personally i genuinely think synderen is the best caster and makes even lovely casters tolerable in a duo cast :coffeepal:

I wasn't counting players, synd is obviously top tier. He made me enjoy SUNSfan for christ's sake.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Frijolero posted:

Winter, Purge, Winter, Godz, Winter, Draskyl, Winter, Blitz, Winter
+ Merlini and Synderen

LD and Ayesee are the only casters who make me watch games muted, Tobi is incredibly annoying but he isn't outright offensive like the other two.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

more like dICK posted:

They said they would hold some aside for people who couldn't preorder.

ahh that sucks :smith:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I find Tobi has improved a lot when he isn't screaming or rambling. When he shrieks like a 10 year old he's super annoying. But then when nothing happens and his mind wanders he starts rambling about Drow or something.

So actually he's still pretty poo poo.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

emdash posted:

not gogey

*cue "everyone who counts loves Andy Stiles" to the tune of the Simpsons' "everyone who counts loves Ned Flanders"*

nobody cares what gogey thinks about anything

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
gogey is a trusted source on kpop

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

RabidWeasel posted:

+ Merlini and Synderen

LD and Ayesee are the only casters who make me watch games muted

LD and Maut for me. Them together during the group stages was loving horrible.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything
The takeaway is that former pros always make the best casters. N0tail was awesome during the first EU hub and Merlini and Winter are great now.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

gogey is gogood

well, hes gokay at least

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
All casters are garbage

Except for winter, he is cool.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I like Purge because sometimes the games are on when it's really late and I'm really tired and his skill at plainly stating the obvious and breaking down the mechanics is unparalleled so it's easy to understand.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I guess I'm the last goon standing that still likes LD huh

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

ld is my fuckin boy and ill fight anyone that hates him

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Radical posted:

gogey is gogood

well, hes gokay at least

i like gogey because he tells us the hot new builds from NAdota inhouses or whatever :)

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Radical posted:

ld is my fuckin boy and ill fight anyone that hates him

he's a fat lazy traitor

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
best casters were OG but they've retired

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheRat posted:

LD and Maut for me. Them together during the group stages was loving horrible.

It was kind of nice too because it meant they were contained to one game instead of making GBS threads up two. Granted if that one game was the one you wanted to watch...:sigh:

Xtanstic posted:

I don't like dad. Fight me :colbert:

Xtanstic posted:

I guess I'm the last goon standing that still likes LD huh

:captainpop:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Internet Kraken posted:

I find Tobi has improved a lot when he isn't screaming or rambling. When he shrieks like a 10 year old he's super annoying. But then when nothing happens and his mind wanders he starts rambling about Drow or something.

So actually he's still pretty poo poo.

nerds will never learn that being shrill and annoying and loud =/= automatic humour and excitement

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Taffer posted:

he's a fat lazy traitor

So still 2/3rds a goon

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

attackmole posted:

nerds will never learn that being shrill and annoying and loud =/= automatic humour and excitement

Unfortunately for a large part of the viewership being annoying and loud IS automatic humour and excitement

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
LD is not super good, but he's not super bad either. He's the baseline of what a pro caster should be, and if you're worse than him you're a pretty lovely caster.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
He has the charisma of a sandwich that's been left in the sun for a week. If you're going to try to hype cast you need to actually be at least slightly entertaining or you're just shouting at the audience.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

RabidWeasel posted:

He has the charisma of a sandwich that's been left in the sun for a week. If you're going to try to hype cast you need to actually be at least slightly entertaining or you're just shouting at the audience.

oh come on "ding ding ding motherfucker" was funny.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
LD sucks rear end and I hate teh way he emphasizes words constantly. I can't stand to listen to him but he's here to stay so OH WELL.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

stream is up https://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti

(with the wrong title)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LD wouldn't be so bad if he bothered to do any research but he constantly fucks up game mechanics and just flat out doesn't know about changes that happened in a recent patch (and calls them bugs half the time)

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Hey Pyrion, is Bruno carrying around a briefcase full of cash in order to quickly get synderen casting as soon as Escape is eliminated today?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Zurreco posted:

Hey Pyrion, is Bruno carrying around a briefcase full of cash in order to quickly get synderen casting as soon as Escape is eliminated today?

I think Synd loves casting so I imagine it would take minimal arm-twisting to get him to do so. Now, whether or not they'll get him to do some is a different question.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

LD wouldn't be so bad if he bothered to do any research but he constantly fucks up game mechanics and just flat out doesn't know about changes that happened in a recent patch (and calls them bugs half the time)

Aside from the obvious LD-criticism, I dislike his extremely obvious bias. I'm sure most of this thread thinks this is a plus, but watching LD cast alliance as an alliance fan is dreadful. It's like having the game cast by ponchis. And him casting EG/Secret is like listening to Tobi casting NaVi in 2012.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

TheRat posted:

Aside from the obvious LD-criticism, I dislike his extremely obvious bias. I'm sure most of this thread thinks this is a plus, but watching LD cast alliance as an alliance fan is dreadful. It's like having the game cast by ponchis. And him casting EG/Secret is like listening to Tobi casting NaVi in 2012.

This is a fair criticism.

Zurreco posted:

Now I want a Money in the Bank briefcase for Dota 2. I have no idea how it would work but surely it involves RTZ climbing a ladder somewhere.

• Locked thread