Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Oh my god this Umi skill bark is loving terrible why did I spend so much time getting this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Chill la Chill posted:

So the big thing going around my weeb pages is that apparently, there was a big anime convention back home and they sold some tarps used for it. Someone paid ~$200 for one, which is outlandish considering the exchange rate and how cheap you can buy tarps there. It was 9500p. To put that into perspective, the entrance fee to the convention was 150p.

Tarp in question:

And in-game:

diyos ko motherfucking po

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
How is everyone feeling after the event ends? My face seems to have made it out alright as the wall is crumbled at my feet. Also some nice prizes in my present box this morning.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

ChubbyThePhat posted:

How is everyone feeling after the event ends? My face seems to have made it out alright as the wall is crumbled at my feet. Also some nice prizes in my present box this morning.

I'm feeling confident in my chances of getting at least one Mizuki, which was the objective the whole time. If nothing shocking happened while I was asleep, I'll probably come in under 40k, though it's a bit depressing the entire space between 20,001-120,000 is basically identical in terms of rewards. Again, once I'm able to do Masters worth a drat, I'll probably do a lot better in Visual Bursts and Token Events.

But hey. Star Jewels come and go, idols are forever.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

ChubbyThePhat posted:

After burning up like a meteor entering the atmosphere and spending most of the day yesterday in bed, I think I'm doing alright. My final rank was 125, and could've easily been 100 straight if I had kept up my 15k per day the last two days. After I checked my box I made a 10+1 pull, got minimum wage with a third copy of an SR, and made my peace with the world.

Data mined banners show the next event is the Chika/Riko token event. We're only skipping half a year's worth of events. No big deal.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 8, 2016

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Moldy Taxes posted:

After burning up like a meteor entering the atmosphere and spending most of the day yesterday in bed, I think I'm doing alright. My final rank was 125, and cold've easily been 100 straight if I had kept up my 15k per day the last two days. After I checked my box I make a 10+1 pull, got minimum wage with a third copy of an SR, and made my peace with the world.

Data mined banners show the next event is the Chika/Riko token event. We're only skipping half a year's worth of events. No big deal.

Well it's certainly good to hear you're feeling better. I also saw those banners that were found. Not sure how I feel about that. Maybe they'll weave in the other events?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

ChubbyThePhat posted:

good

Feels really weird to be so close to the 60k bracket, though. Maybe everyone but me already drew Mizuki's premium SR already?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sylphid posted:

Again, once I'm able to do Masters worth a drat, I'll probably do a lot better in Visual Bursts and Token Events.

You'd think that, but once you account for the extra stamina you're using the difference isn't enormous. Obviously the difference adds up the more times you play but when you make the change it doesn't really strike you that you've taken some kind of major step forwards.

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Feels really weird to be so close to the 60k bracket, though. Maybe everyone but me already drew Mizuki's premium SR already?

Yeah, it actually died off really hard towards the end, the 60k line for this event is way below the 100k line for the previous 8-day Groove event.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Polsy posted:

You'd think that, but once you account for the extra stamina you're using the difference isn't enormous. Obviously the difference adds up the more times you play but when you make the change it doesn't really strike you that you've taken some kind of major step forwards.

That reminds me: I recall reading somewhere that Regular was the best stamina-to-EXP gain in the game. Does that hold up for events?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
There's no way we're totally skipping the events. They're just rushing to Aqours since it's the new thing, and they're no doubt beating themselves up over not being ready for Aqours events at the same time as JP.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

There's no way we're totally skipping the events. They're just rushing to Aqours since it's the new thing, and they're no doubt beating themselves up over not being ready for Aqours events at the same time as JP.

I really want to know what they're thinking over at HQ with how they're gonna sift in content that we're missing between now and the Aqours update. Not just events, but main stories and songs introduced through there as well (since we just got HEART to HEART today). The only thing I can really think of is that we'll get normal Aqours events and keep getting doubles of old events until we get to the actual double events, and then...

quad events? Scary to think about.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Maybe they'll just give some SRs out for free. I mean, it'd probably just be hanayos and honkses, but still.

I wonder whether they'll be going JP-style or EN-style for the Aqours double events.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Maybe they'll just give some SRs out for free. I mean, it'd probably just be hanayos and honkses, but still.

I wonder whether they'll be going JP-style or EN-style for the Aqours double events.

I'm banking on the legit double events being JP doubles.

Which I guess is a good time to bring up that if you're planning on converting some idolized cards into two seals you might wanna get that done soon, since we're running up on the next big update for EN and with that comes a reduction in seal rewards from selling idolized cards.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sylphid posted:

That reminds me: I recall reading somewhere that Regular was the best stamina-to-EXP gain in the game. Does that hold up for events?

I never really paid attention to exp in events actually. Outside of grooves you're still playing a regular song so probably nothing changes, inside a groove I don't know if you get credit for all 4 songs, or just the 3, or something else.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Maybe they'll just get us all 9 girl events to catch up.

e: Leaked image from new full cast events

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Polsy posted:

I never really paid attention to exp in events actually. Outside of grooves you're still playing a regular song so probably nothing changes, inside a groove I don't know if you get credit for all 4 songs, or just the 3, or something else.

My guess, just based on the fact you can fail the fourth song but still succeed in the Groove, is that the 4th song is just bonus points. Would be an interesting experiment if during a Groove if one player did a bunch on Regular, another player did played the Groove considerably less, on only Pro or Master, and see who ended up further along at the end of the event, assuming both players burned through stamina at a roughly equal rate, and neither player failed.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

You get like 189 or something on master vs like, 80 per regular song, I think? But that's for 50 Stam vs 64 at least for 3 regularly. Something like that.

You also get 87 hearts per groove, and like, 27 for a song? It probably works out to the same per stamina spent, if you did the math.

e. No, it's 63 exp for 19, 56 for 18, so I guess it's just 3x xp, and if you got a groove with all 18 stam songs you got a bonus (from the wiki's math page)

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 8, 2016

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Maybe they'll just get us all 9 girl events to catch up.

e: Leaked image from new full cast events

I would be down with that happening exactly once just to see the horror it would leave in its wake.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ah, that's neat. Didn't realise you were penalised less for missing a slide but it explains why I seem to get away with that more often than I expect.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

Ah, that's neat. Didn't realise you were penalised less for missing a slide but it explains why I seem to get away with that more often than I expect.

Yeah I was pretty pleased to see that. It also makes "heals 3 points/perfect" make pretty good sense. (Same for holds, because unless I've spaced out or something, most of my misses are a skipped slide or a hold gone wrong)

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
The best part about Cinderella Girls is all the great fan art it inspires.

It's far too much for one man to handle.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I translated another short NicoMaki thing. This one's a bit nsfw due to non-explicit nudity.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can't believe Nico Guy is peddling smut.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm gonna name change to Smut Peddler

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I translated another short NicoMaki thing. This one's a bit nsfw due to non-explicit nudity.

Adorable.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

http://twitter.com/imascg_stage/status/762894393363660800

:same:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woah.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Advice: don't do Master songs basically the first thing after you wake up. Then again, I also can't do them when I'm feeling sleepy, either. Sluggish reflexes are a hell of a thing.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sylphid posted:

Advice: don't do Master songs basically the first thing after you wake up. Then again, I also can't do them when I'm feeling sleepy, either. Sluggish reflexes are a hell of a thing.

I think I actually do a little better if I'm a little tired because it makes me focus more in response. Up to a point, at least.

Polsy posted:

http://vcard.ameba.jp/pub/campaign/campaign-2016-1/top mysterious countdown page for Girl Friend Note/Beta

Polsy posted:

but if one of the three options of 'an election / a collab / an anime' is true it's almost certainly a collab

Twist: it's all three. The collab is...with Madoka?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
drat that was lucky. I just got a new SR AND a new Rare from a single draw, using Friend Points.

Edit: also, I'm sitting on more than 2500 Star Jewels right now, but I'm going to wait until the Gacha deal ends before I draw again. I don't know if my heart could take getting another SSR Minami like I got a few days ago.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Aug 9, 2016

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

chance for kirari has ended, time to put down the game indefinitely

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I can't believe I can only get one horrible plant of horror.

:/ I have two whole rooms of idols to terrifydelight, bamco. Two

Also hello silver envelope of :sigh:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

if you stop playing yo ucan end it immediately

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:v: I got a shimamu off a drop so i at least got a newgen out of it~~

also jesus that difficulty jump between pro + master for shiki is loving insane

like, took multiple attempts to actually survive it insane. probably p cool if you like sliders and sliding

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

X

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Riiiiiin-chan!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Oh poo poo! Rin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

New SS box. Time to do my one pull from it.

Go on....

It is a good day!