Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

psychokitty posted:

black kids don't have fathers :confused:

yeah but black cops aren't really 'black' guys

kinda like black people from England or w/e, yeah they are black but they aren't really 'black'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

City of Tampa posted:

yeah but black cops aren't really 'black' guys

kinda like black people from England or w/e, yeah they are black but they aren't really 'black'

oh good point thanks for setting me "straight"

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

thathonkey posted:

if this were reddit youd have hundreds if not millions of upvotes but it's not so you just got me smdh at this post :colbert:

come on honkey i have to be an equal opportunity racist now

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
black police showing out for the white cop

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
How did the bad guys make such a perfect copy of Wills body? Regardless of it being stuffed it was accurate enough for his brother and friends to be fooled.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Panfilo posted:

How did the bad guys make such a perfect copy of Wills body? Regardless of it being stuffed it was accurate enough for his brother and friends to be fooled.

neither of them examined it up close?

edit: mods knew

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"He has a birthmark on his right arm"

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Panfilo posted:

They're CIA or some even shadowier governmental department, its best not to think about it beyond that probably.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Also nothing could get me to revoke my love of Winona

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
up until the cop cut into Will's fake body I though for sure that it was going to be some alien growth, like it would be all made out of that strange meat and cobwebs that the gates are made out of

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Wouldn't a drowned kid look like a swollen toad anyway?

I guess ugly deformed corpses don't do well in TV land.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

i got bored late at night and started the first episode thinking it'd probably suck b/c everything sucks

it didn't suck, i watched 6 episodes in the first sitting

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Panfilo posted:

how did LSD mom give birth to a telepathic girl?

how did she open a gate to another dimension?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

AWWNAW posted:

i got bored late at night and started the first episode thinking it'd probably suck b/c everything sucks

feel good thread of the year :)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i meant telekinesis but whatever

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

AWWNAW posted:

I think the greatest feeling in this post modern world is when you cynically approach something and it turns out to actually be wonderful

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Booblord Zagats posted:

I think the greatest feeling in this post modern world is when you cynically approach something and it turns out to actually be wonderful

that's why my strategy is to approach everything thinking it will be poo poo

then even if it is poo poo you can be smugly superior

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

is the black deputy the black kids father or no? they show his parents at the funeral for the stuffed will doll iirc but that's about it

Lucas has a Vietnam vet dad and he's apparently very well-to-do in town, you see him and his mom at the funeral. The dad wears cashmere and they have the nicest house in the neighborhood. Lucas also apparently has free access to his old 'Nam gear, which is curious--you don't see a lot of success stories in TV or movies about Vietnam veterans. If I had a guess, his dad may have been a field medic during the war, and now practices as the town doctor, but that's entirely just picking likely possibilities to connect the two. It's also just as likely he went back home, afforded college with his payment from armed service, and is now a lawyer or something too.

Either way, it ain't the deputy.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i didn't watch my buddies die facedown in the muck just so some "shadow beast" could come mess up my lawn

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

wills fake body being an actual stuffed animal was a pretty funny touch. presumably the shadow govt has vats of toy animal stuffing sitting around just in case somebody needs to be disappeared

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

hawkins: the town where even the CIA doesnt have high caliber weaponry

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
why did hopper tell the CIA where the kids were

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
because it was a pretty solid deal assuming they didn't just disappear everyone involved.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

im gay posted:

Germstore posted:

because it was a pretty solid deal assuming they didn't just disappear everyone involved.

these characters are conflicted dude

that's what's so great

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i'm assuming that there was more to the deal that we don't know about, that's why the agents still picked him up and took him somewhere when it was all over

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

im gay posted:

Maybe because he was desperate. Maybe because he figured the kids were crafty enough to get away, maybe because he saw what Ele could do and realized they most likely weren't a real threat to her or maybe because he figured they could actually protect the kids from tulip face

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
this show owns and im gonna watch it again

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

thathonkey posted:

how did LSD mom give birth to a telepathic girl?

how did she open a gate to another dimension?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i_BQHcJZ2Q

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

scott clark is a profoundly disturbed individual that masks his oddities and perversions behind a cloak of listening to classical music by himself at home and covering his houses interior with a curated collection of cultural objets d'art.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm on ep 5 and I feel a deep anxiety the whole time I'm watching this show. So intense!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Panfilo posted:

Yeah and his mom rocketed out of there screaming "That is NOT my son" and then something about how she didn't know what that thing was but it isn't Will.

moms
KNEW

It's me I'm hocking this again :toot: http://www.shazbotsyndicate.com/

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 9, 2016

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
I really enjoyed the show, but the monster looked cheesy as gently caress and the CG was bad. The monster would have been way better if they had used real effects and a suit like they actually did in the 80s.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

finished it earlier tonight

it's an 8 hour advertisement for Eggo brand waffles

8.5/10 overall iguess

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Flavor Truck posted:

I really enjoyed the show, but the monster looked cheesy as gently caress and the CG was bad. The monster would have been way better if they had used real effects and a suit like they actually did in the 80s.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/20/stranger-things-duffer-brothers-episode-6 posted:

The next step was to build it. We decided to work with a company called Spectral Motion. Spectral did a lot of work on Guillermo del Toro’s Hellboy films and they’re one of the most experienced companies with animatronics. It was a race to get the creature completed in time; they had only about two months, meaning there was almost no room for error. But they knocked it out of the park. The first time we saw our monster’s head peel open… it just blew our minds and transported us back to our childhood. And the way it moved was terrifying — their brilliant robotics engineer had designed the animatronics in such a way that the movement of the head “petals” never repeated themselves. They had a life of their own, moving in unpredictable and bizarre patterns. It felt organic. Creepy. Real.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

KakerMix posted:

[url=http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/20/stranger-things-duffer-brothers-episode-6]

Just put that quote in the OP already

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I like how Will craftily managed to survive for (days/weeks?) and Barb is hamburger in literally 30 seconds.

Is spoiler necessary? ugh whatever.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I have a theory:

The upside-down is not actually a reflection of the town, but is a wormhole to another location in our plane of reality. Given the blasted nature of the landscape and the generally toxic nature of the environment, I think it is pretty clear that the wormhole connects Hawkins directly to Detroit.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

The show was good. The main kid looks like Elliot from ET was given an extra chromosome.

Also, I'm surprised the thing still had to hunt after consuming Barb :hampants:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

Also, I'm surprised the thing still had to hunt after consuming Barb :hampants:

idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009