Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cowcaster posted:

Oh yeah well you are reported!!!! To the obituaries!!! Because you're dead!!!

Nah I said her shield should go down in accordance with the amount of damage/projectiles she absorbs. I think its fair as a PHARAH player lol. But seriously it seems a bit silly to have an ability that is almost always up that can absorb just everything. Especially against a reaper or Pharah or junk rat. She can literally toggle it on long enough to intercept each shot as they come while countering or at the very least completely negating the opposing character almost indefinitely. It needs to have either diminishing returns or a longer CD before toggling on imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Mister Fister posted:

As Dva, all but Zarya are easy kills for me, or at best neutral, since tracer can blink away quickly. Tracer battles are pretty funny because her pistols do almost nothing to me since my health is mostly armor and i can time my defense matrix toggles to absorb almost all her shots.

Dva is a very unpopular pick and many people who play her don't do so correctly. Watch Moonmoon's stream and you can see that she is great at killing a lot of heros.

We're probably in different brackets and I don't play comp as much because of time but in QP Dva is everywhere. She's easily one of the most frequent picks I see, other than the usual i hanjo's and Genji mains.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Papercut posted:

If Zen is an easy kill for you as Dva then I feel like you're playing bad Zens. Or I'm playing bad Dvas.

Assuming i can close the gap. At long range, we can't really do anything to each other. I don't care if he discords me halfway across the map (roadhog is kinda hosed if he does get discorded though).

This is usually how it goes if i'm close enough:

If i do the matrix/boost/melee combo, zen is down to 145 health before he can even do any damage to me. Then i can simply out dps him, even if i have a discord orb on me.

This is assuming one on one though. Zen is a free kill for me.

Edit: Actually, even if he has backup, i should still be able to kill Zen a lot of the times.

Edit 2: I get more of these opportunities in Koth.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jastiger posted:

Nah I said her shield should go down in accordance with the amount of damage/projectiles she absorbs. I think its fair as a PHARAH player lol. But seriously it seems a bit silly to have an ability that is almost always up that can absorb just everything. Especially against a reaper or Pharah or junk rat. She can literally toggle it on long enough to intercept each shot as they come while countering or at the very least completely negating the opposing character almost indefinitely. It needs to have either diminishing returns or a longer CD before toggling on imo.

I think more that she should be able to chow down on all the basic attacks she wants but if she swallows up a graviton grenade or something that should burn her out for a bit

edit: But like I said the defense grid is basically the one thing she's got going for her so I'm not sure that it's the right time to tweak it back a bit.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
I think defense matrix recharges too fast. It should be a resource that you have to manage but it comes back so fast you really never get punished for overuse.

Also, genji ult (especially boosted) is too strong. Reduce the damage and/or the range.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

On Zen vs D.Va, if I don't get booped by her boost generally I can trade a mech and end up dying to the pilot.

If defense matrix were to get changed I'd like to see something like the total max duration being extended to 5 seconds effectively but every time you reactive the barrier it consumes an extra second of charge

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Genji ult range is so big because the hit registration on it is serverside

If you nerfed the ult range from 5m to 3m or whatever, it would be next to impossible to hit a moving target with it because blizzard doesn't believe in tick rates higher than 20

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mister Fister posted:

Assuming i can close the gap. At long range, we can't really do anything to each other. I don't care if he discords me halfway across the map (roadhog is kinda hosed if he does get discorded though).

This is usually how it goes if i'm close enough:

If i do the matrix/boost/melee combo, zen is down to 145 health before he can even do any damage to me. Then i can simply out dps him, even if i have a discord orb on me.

This is assuming one on one though. Zen is a free kill for me.

Edit: Actually, even if he has backup, i should still be able to kill Zen a lot of the times.

Edit 2: I get more of these opportunities in Koth.

Zen should never ever be alone unless his entire team is dead. My experience with Dva is that I throw a discord on her from distance. I have no damage drop off so I either force her to burn defense matrix or easily chip her down to half health by the time she closes distance. And then she's a sitting duck for me and whatever back line teammates are with me. She's the least scary tank as Zen because Rein and Zarya are difficult to discord and Zen is an easy hook target for Roadhog.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I think Genji's ult could deal like 90 damage per hit instead but it would then need to charge incredibly fast and have no obnoxious sheathing/unsheathing animations or it would utterly trashcan the hero

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Papercut posted:

Zen should never ever be alone unless his entire team is dead. My experience with Dva is that I throw a discord on her from distance. I have no damage drop off so I either force her to burn defense matrix or easily chip her down to half health by the time she closes distance. And then she's a sitting duck for me and whatever back line teammates are with me. She's the least scary tank as Zen because Rein and Zarya are difficult to discord and Zen is an easy hook target for Roadhog.

If you're throwing discord on a good Dva from long range, then you're wasting your discord since they can blocking incoming damage at least for 4 seconds and get cover to shake it off pretty easily. In a big team fight, doing no damage for 4 seconds is not efficient. Everyone focus firing on me and not doing damage is a win for my team.

Like i said, i get more of these opportunities to kill Zen on Koth and if you're down to 145 health before you can do any damage to me, i can often win that fight even if you have help.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I'm looking for some mid-sixty players to play with (My high is 68). Add me at RisqueBarber#11104 or pm me or whatever.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Minorkos posted:

I think Genji's ult could deal like 90 damage per hit instead but it would then need to charge incredibly fast and have no obnoxious sheathing/unsheathing animations or it would utterly trashcan the hero

is it my imagination or if you throw up a reflect right before your ultimate ends the sheathing animation cancels it leaving you with no reflect and it stuck on cooldown

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Minorkos posted:

Oh no not the token ninja hero

strong bird
May 12, 2009

*sirens begin blaring* Warning: The Ninja Hero Can No Longer Instantly Kill Everyone On the Map With Complete Impunity. Warning

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I think Winston is my new main. He's so loving good and under utilized

Just about every competitive game has a zenyatta, tracer, pharah, dva, genji, and Reinhardt

He counters all of them so hard. The funny thing is those people hardly ever counter pick and are so set on their mains they never switch

I wish he'd receive a tiny tiny buff. Maybe to his shield or damage.

Just gotta stay away from reaper

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

strong bird posted:

*sirens begin blaring* Warning: The Ninja Hero Can No Longer Instantly Kill Everyone On the Map With Complete Impunity. Warning

he can't do that now

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

strong bird posted:

lmao

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I think Winston is my new main. He's so loving good and under utilized

Just about every competitive game has a zenyatta, tracer, pharah, dva, genji, and Reinhardt

He counters all of them so hard. The funny thing is those people hardly ever counter pick and are so set on their mains they never switch

I wish he'd receive a tiny tiny buff. Maybe to his shield or damage.

Just gotta stay away from reaper

Zenyatta, yes, tracer sort of (she can blink away), Pharah is more neutral since she can fly away, dva hell no (Winston's DPS is halved to something like 30 dps against 400 armor on DVA, i'll even boost into Winston's bubble just to kill him, i feel like a reaper when i face him), genji yes, and Reinhardt, i'm not sure.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Winston's dps is loving awful against armor. I'm almost 100% positive you actually have to reload if you want to kill a bastion from 100-0

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Bolow posted:

Winston's dps is loving awful against armor. I'm almost 100% positive you actually have to reload if you want to kill a bastion from 100-0

Yup

https://www.furiouspaul.com/overwatch/basics/health-types.html

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

For pharah you just have to wait until she floats down then bounce, she has nowhere to go

For dva and rein I meant more the going through shields aspects, not 1v1. I'm not talking about one on one for any of these scenarios. Just as a way to make their team panic and spread out while chasing down their mercy in the back

Tracer can be a pain but still one of the better ways to try and kill a good tracer

idk I'm just absolutely wrecking poo poo with him damage be damned

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 8, 2016

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

is it my imagination or if you throw up a reflect right before your ultimate ends the sheathing animation cancels it leaving you with no reflect and it stuck on cooldown

yes

the only ways to cancel the animation are:

1) dashing at the exact moment of the sheathing animation

2) wallrunning at the exact moment of the sheathing animation

otherwise the animation will cancel whatever you're doing and often gently caress you up

it's hard to say if genji is actually all that OP when all his counters are dogshit and his ult is the only decent ult in the offense hero category

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

strong bird posted:

is this a new zen transcendence line

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

For pharah you just have to wait until she floats down then bounce, she has nowhere to go

For dva and rein I meant more the going through shields aspects, not 1v1. I'm not talking about one on one for any of these scenarios. Just as a way to make their team panic and spread out while chasing down their mercy in the back

Tracer can be a pain but still one of the better ways to try and kill a good tracer

idk I'm just absolutely wrecking poo poo with him damage be damned

Don't get me wrong, Winston is a great hero and probably underutilized, but even if Pharah's jets are on cooldown, she can concussion blast away easily (assuming your jump is on cooldown), assuming you are facing off against a pharah who knows what they're doing.

Please don't face off against halfway decent dvas.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
the best thing in life is saving up for that Genji ult and then popping Transcendence and chilling nonchalantly with your bros as soon as you hear screaming in Japanese

Minorkos posted:

it's hard to say if genji is actually all that OP when all his counters are dogshit and his ult is the only decent ult in the offense hero category

I don't play Genji but I would vastly prefer a buff to his counters to a genji nerf

It's awesome how pretty much all of the problems everyone had with ridiculous Pharah dominance got solved without ever touching Pharah, I would like to see that played out a lot more

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 8, 2016

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
People still play Pharah?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I promise I will come back to help goons win when I beat Orc Murder Simulator 2014

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Soothing Vapors posted:

the best thing in life is saving up for that Genji ult and then popping Transcendence and chilling nonchalantly with your bros as soon as you hear screaming in Japanese

I don't play Genji but I would vastly prefer a buff to his counters to a genji nerf

It's awesome how pretty much all of the problems everyone had with ridiculous Pharah dominance got solved without ever touching Pharah, I would like to see that played out a lot more

I agree. Except for Zen. Nerf Zen. Just a little.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

FranktheBank posted:

I agree. Except for Zen. Nerf Zen. Just a little.

Just make Discord amp like 10% less

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Soothing Vapors posted:

When i still played Pharah, the best thing was saving my rocket barrage for the Genji ult and wiping out genji. The only good Genji is a dead genji :v:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Mister Fister posted:

When i still played Pharah, the best thing was saving my rocket barrage for the Genji ult and wiping out genji. The only good Genji is a dead genji :v:

I never play Roadhog but decided to run with him for a few rounds last night. Shutting down the Genji alt with a hook + blast is hilarious.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Maybe it's a console thing, but pharah is still quite common? Don't get me wrong a good team can shut her down fast but definitely still a lot of OP pharahs shutting the other team down because they don't bother trying to counter or focus her

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

It's probably a console thing since precision tracking targets with thumbsticks is more difficult. Between mccree hitting harder at range and zenyatta being a new mainstay sticking discords on her she gets poked out of the air really quick these days on pc.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

come to think of it mccrees have been wrecking my pretty hard :sigh:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Maybe it's a console thing, but pharah is still quite common? Don't get me wrong a good team can shut her down fast but definitely still a lot of OP pharahs shutting the other team down because they don't bother trying to counter or focus her

The only Pharahs I see now on PC tend to be really good Pharahs who make my life a living hell and make me want to die IRL. Bad Pharahs got hosed by the buffs

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I'm doing my placement matches now but the people who are in them and ranked are ~55ish, and I play Pharah...ok. Use the jets for mobility instead of floating majestically like a dead rock and you'll be fine. I mostly use her on Lijiang Tower's Garden and Market, and attacking Hollywood/Rt 66. At that level people aren't usually too good at shooting me out of the sky. If someone does come along who's a crackshot, I'll switch, but most of the time its fine.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pharah is close to uncontested on console. it's hard to hit an airborne target 3 times with an analog stick even if you're good at it so mccree's not great, plus they nerfed soldier and that's a much bigger deal on console than it is on pc since you're naturally far less accurate by default

she's not a big deal on pc but genji's rough on both (at the high end on console, most of the turbonerds using a mouse play genji for w/e reason. you'd think it'd be mccree but nah)

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

pharah is close to uncontested on console. it's hard to hit an airborne target 3 times with an analog stick even if you're good at it so mccree's not great, plus they nerfed soldier and that's a much bigger deal on console than it is on pc since you're naturally far less accurate by default

she's not a big deal on pc but genji's rough on both (at the high end on console, most of the turbonerds using a mouse play genji for w/e reason. you'd think it'd be mccree but nah)

Let me tell you how unfun fighting a soldier using a xim is. I've only seen one I can concretely say was using a xim but that fucker was a complete nightmare to fight. I dread to see what a McCree like that could do.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Manatee Cannon posted:

It makes sense to use a mouse on genji more than mccree because since you're constantly dashing through people not to mention jumping and climbing like crazy you need to be able to turn on a dime to compensate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Genji needs a nerf.