Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The f20 I borrowed was filtered but I know probably 10 people who have just run open for years with no issues. Maybe our roads are more forgiving. We don't have deserts and junk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Countdown until Bape's LSM3 ingests a hedgehog through an open intake...

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

:twisted:

I'll never have itbs to be fair! And poor little bastard isn't going to get through a turbo I wouldn't think!

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Bape Culture posted:

:twisted:

I'll never have itbs to be fair! And poor little bastard isn't going to get through a turbo I wouldn't think!

Well, not in one piece.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Gotta go fast.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Powershift posted:

Holy balls :stare:

Wondering what makes a ragged out mercedes awesome?

400,000 miles on an AMG mercedes.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/664469369/overview/

edit: :stare: serviced at the dealer for 400,000 miles too http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?vin=WDDDJ77X08A121147&partner=CDM_U

That this was done in by an accident just before hitting 400,000mi is a loving shame.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

How do people running velocity stacks handle dirt and sand ingestion?

Finnegan touches on this in his latest Youtube video. Apparently the screens available for Blasphemi's velocity stacks turn into a surprisingly large power drop (if I hear that video correctly, 200hp!), and even then they filter out large objects, not dust. An airbox with a panel filter would work, but would look nothing like the rest of the gasser he's built.

So he does short oil change intervals and figures he'll rebuild the engine "sooner" than he otherwise would. But mostly:

MrYenko posted:

More seriously, they don't. Velocity stacks are something you run at a racetrack, on an engine that comes apart pretty regularly, and isn't exposed to ingestion events.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I thought most people ran those individual sock filters over stacks when DD the cars but take them off for show?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Open ITBs are amazing but I have a soft spot for a proper air plenum

I'm really curious on power output differences between an air plenum like this and pod filters given identical ITBs and proper tuning.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Aug 9, 2016

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

NitroSpazzz posted:

I wonder how many children have wondered into that thing.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

nm posted:

That this was done in by an accident just before hitting 400,000mi is a loving shame.

The laws of the universe couldn't allow it to continue any further.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I just got sent down a weird wild rabbit hole after my friend suggested offhand that he wished Lexus made a camper van as a joke.

OMFG

Gallery slightly :nws: due to vintage '70s titties

http://imgur.com/a/dAgM4

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's like a not stupid Aztec. Give it awd and a couple more inches of clearance and you'd race me and my wife to the dealer to buy one.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Linedance posted:

I just got sent down a weird wild rabbit hole after my friend suggested offhand that he wished Lexus made a camper van as a joke.

OMFG

Toyota RV2: It's loving in tents

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Toyota RAV4: It's a Corolla!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

http://www.95customs.com/japanese-concept-cars-part-2/2015/1/26

This is just full of awesome things, including the Mazda RX-500 and the RV-2 above.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Linedance posted:

OMFG

Thanks for that. Its been a few years since I've seen tits of that vintage.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Linedance posted:

OMFG

I dno realistically all that shag would get covered in sand and ants and smelling like camp fire and mildew in no time.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Preoptopus posted:

I dno realistically all that shag would get covered in sand and ants and smelling like camp fire and mildew in no time.

I thought the 70's smelled like that anyways?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Preoptopus posted:

Don't worry, it would be masked with the scent of Brut and cherry flavoured lube and loving, so you wouldn't really notice.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The laws of the universe couldn't allow it to continue any further.

If I could get it for 2 grand, I'd buy it and force it to get another 5k mi. I'm not putting a dime into fixing it or getting to 400,001mi.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

nm posted:

If I could get it for 2 grand, I'd buy it and force it to get another 5k mi. I'm not putting a dime into fixing it or getting to 400,001mi.

That scuzzy dealer probably bought it at a dealer auction beating out scrappers wanting the body parts.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

That scuzzy dealer probably bought it at a dealer auction beating out scrappers wanting the body parts.

hah what body parts. that thing is dinged all to hell

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Linedance posted:

OMFG

The best part is the official ad photography states: "Yes, you can gently caress in it."

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well with no luggage at all, not even enough to fully dress, loving is about all that's on the menu.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'm really curious on power output differences between an air plenum like this and pod filters given identical ITBs and proper tuning.

Race bikes lead me to believe there is no benefit to pods vs a plenum on ITB's.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

Slavvy posted:

Most pods are awful actually - I know anecdotally of a bunch of people who lost a lot of power going to pod filters. A proper plenum, even with a filter in it (or especially) is pretty essential.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Phy posted:

I feel like this didn't get enough love.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Slavvy posted:

That's what I've seen just doing some basic reading over the past day. Even with the high end ITB filters people are seeing noticeable losses. Looks like a large volume plenum with a proper filter is the way to go. A bonus is they look amazing and I have part of one ready to go

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Phy posted:

I feel like this didn't get enough love.

+1, this is :perfect:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I want to see the RV2 setup applied to a whole loving school bus, complete with retro shag pile and titties.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Cakefool posted:

I want to see the RV2 setup applied to a whole loving school bus, complete with retro shag pile and titties.

That's basically what Rollin' Heavy magazine produces. I really need to get a subscription.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Slavvy posted:

On the contrary, there is a benefit for a proper plenum over top of ITBs than ones open to the atmosphere.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

McTinkerson posted:

That's basically what Rollin' Heavy magazine produces. I really need to get a subscription.

I need to see this.

E: the Rollin' Heavy GIS is absolute gold

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 10, 2016

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cakefool posted:

No titties, but same concept;.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mDipvDLshs

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
The insane russian kid made that right? Along with the hovering yet tethered to the ground mass transit thing and other batshit ideas.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Who has some land? And two excavators?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRt4_lsTUJw

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mlmp08 posted:

This was an army doctor's daily driver. If it was crummy weather, he'd throw a tarp over it. If he was doing errands, he'd lower a gate on the back that could hold groceries and cargo.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

CommieGIR posted:

Amazing black.. thing.

Wow.. that's.. something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The Locator posted:

Wow.. that's.. something.

What's really shocking is that it appears to violate the prime directive. I don't think it's a Fiero.