Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Summer Transfers
This poll is closed.
Your dad's dick 46 21.50%
Manchesters 20 9.35%
ITK Taff 51 23.83%
What's his name 72 33.64%
London 25 11.68%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
United now need to focus on shifting some of the over 9000 central midfielders in the squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

excuse me lady posted:

United now need to focus on shifting some of the over 9000 central midfielders in the squad

They could start with midfield general Wayne "The New Scholes" Rooney.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/davidgold/status/762739891147005952

Not quite bold as it's not the official club account but it Ayew to West Ham is done. Looks like we probably won't go back in for Bacca because Sakho is a massive idiot who refused to train and failed his medical

Comlink
Nov 21, 2006

Oh yes, yes, yes.... that's BANG on the money!
20.5m for someone we had on a free that never really fit into our formation = not bad business imo

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Jordan is better

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Comlink posted:

20.5m for someone we had on a free that never really fit into our formation = not bad business imo

Wasn't his signing on bonus something like 7 million? Still excellent business but not quite as good as everyone's making out.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Lmao

https://twitter.com/MUFCScoop/status/762742031752032256

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

loving gently caress off. Man Utd may as well go play in the fuckin mls

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Doing some massive lols at all the ManU fans downplaying expectations. If they don't challenge for the title they're a poo poo-tier club. Full stop.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

This whole thing is legit bare embarrassing but Pogba is probably still the coolest footballer

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Makes... me... want... to... support... Manche... Uni...

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

You finished level on points with City and spend over one hundred and fifty million pounds on new players and signed Ibra. Anything less than the title should be considered a failure.

That's your opinion. Mine is different. £150m spent doesn't necessarily make a team into title favorites.

Pogba isn't currently the type of player to decide games on his own or grab a game by the scruff of the neck like a real leader.

And again, with Rooney starting I don't see us accomplishing much of note.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

PirateBob posted:

That's your opinion. Mine is different. £150m spent doesn't necessarily make a team into title favorites.

Pogba isn't currently the type of player to decide games on his own or grab a game by the scruff of the neck like a real leader.

*spend 100m on a player*

Hmm yes we shouldn't be challenging for the title

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

PirateBob posted:

loving lol at this right here

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

PirateBob posted:

Gonna get this tattoo'd on my face

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
City have also spent over £100m so far and only one team can win the title. I expect United to challenge, but I also expect that they won't look all that great for a lot of the season. It's a pretty hosed up team in some ways even after spending a lot of money, it's not like £150m magically fixes your squad completely and these days it isn't even realistic to say that it should

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

PirateBob posted:

I see you haven't seen Pogba play except for the odd France game and also lmao what does 150 million get you then? A league cup? Would you be happy with that?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

PirateBob posted:

This is without doubt the funniest part

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
It's an interesting strategy to claim that your new world record signing, isn't actually going to be any good

Edit: so what if we spent £100m on one player? It doesn't mean anything, he's poo poo #wearemanunited

Hoops fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 8, 2016

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

PirateBob posted:

you're a loving joke m8

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

PirateBob posted:

What? Pogba does exactly this.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
didn't man utd spend £250m last iwndow or something? spending a billion quid should be winning you the league

its a shame newcastle aren't going to be the only engish team to break the world transfer record

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jose posted:

didn't man utd spend £250m last iwndow or something? spending a billion quid should be winning you the league

They spent like 30m and their big signings were broken Schweinsteiger and Memphis Depay.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its 250m since van gaal was in charge apparently. lol that they shouldn't challenge for the league

should have just given mourinho the job in the first place

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Gigi Galli posted:

I see you haven't seen Pogba play except for the odd France game and also lmao what does 150 million get you then? A league cup? Would you be happy with that?

They're not ready to challenge for the league cup yet, that'll take another £200m at least.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Thom P. Tiers posted:

They spent like 30m and their big signings were broken Schweinsteiger and Memphis Depay.

Anthony martial was like a billion quid but idk what window. Was last year tho aye? Deffo spent a fuckin fortune either way

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Martial was like £36m? But rising to £56m if he makes a bunch of appearances and wins the ballon dor

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

56m for a ballon dor winner isn't too bad tbf

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
If Leicester winning the league last season taught me anything it's that United should be winning the Champions League this season with the amount they're spending. And that's the minimum accomplishment.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If Man Utd don't win the Euros and the World Cup this year then they should be considered worthless failures and automatically relegated.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

PirateBob posted:

Setting up a win/win early I see.

Worst case scenario "I told you so".

Best case scenario "Happy to be wrong fellas!"

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd have preferred a right back actually...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Pogba's gonna be a Depay level flop quote this in six months tia

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Wasn't his signing on bonus something like 7 million? Still excellent business but not quite as good as everyone's making out.

Plus he's getting a cut of the gross. All told he's barely paying for Llorente.

Good trade though imo.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
The groundsmen will be pleased

e. misread

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Breath Ray posted:

The groundsmen will be pleased

e. misread

Heh

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

PirateBob posted:

lmao yeah tell us more about how your new world record signing isn't a match winner

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

PirateBob posted:

:ughh:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
gently caress Man united for making me hope Zlatan will be poo poo and fail

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

PirateBob posted:

Haha get absolutely hosed. Look at the money you've spent this year on top of the money you've spent the last two years. If you're not challenging then you're absolutely underperforming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Man u's best piece of business was keeping hold of David de gea imo. for one thing you have to think his people smuggling skills helped land ibra on a free

• Locked thread