Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:yikes:

The problem with how it's used is a directing issue though, in all fairness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ccs posted:

This episode, and every episode of this series now that I think about it, feels like the unfinished version you send to the client for notes a few months before it's actually done. The only time I feel like I'm watching a professional production is when the Hirasawa song plays.

I'm trying to believe that maybe, just maybe, they're going to out out Blurays and they're going to look ridiculously different but I don't know man

I want to believe :smith:

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
They've read Berserk, so they're just building the suspense and regularity with mediocrity, then Bam! they're going to hit you with the Eclipse and it will be photorealistic and the music and sound will be world class and you will want to scream at the horror.

Oh. Past the Eclipse. Farnese night of miracles. Oh, past that. Erm, well when Guts is in the troll cave.

No? Well how is Griffith's hair doing?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBO6sn7W2xo

this is good

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Time to put in a preorder. Hopefully the english release isn't too long after the japanese version.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

This looks super loving cool

They really nailed the berserk in 3d look.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Shame they didn't show off the berserk armor or the slice enemies in half mechanic.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The game looks fun.
So much cooler than the anime.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Dastardly posted:

Shame they didn't show off the berserk armor or the slice enemies in half mechanic.

I'll settle for the skewer people and use them as a club mechanic.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the chances of the game being dubbed is around 0% right?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

mabels big day posted:

Its coming out in the US, so I'd say its more like 100% ?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
None of the Pirate Warriors games were dubbed (thank god).

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Its coming out in the US, so I'd say its more like 100% ?

i thought they wouldn't go through the effort and just give us subtitles, like with the JoJo game

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Dastardly posted:

None of the Pirate Warriors games were dubbed (thank god).

Which is weird because I think someone in the DW thread said they generally don't dub stuff unless they think it's going to sell decently, but they went ahead and did a dub of the first Ken's Rage but not the second, so who knows. :shrug:

Having an English VO option wouldn't hurt and I'm sure some would appreciate getting back the same cast as the movies/show with Marc Diraison and the others even if they aren't perfect

(Mike Pollock is awesome as Adon though)

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I was already sold on this game but I am now doubly sold having watched that trailer.

Dat skewer.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Course even if they do an English VO they'll probably mispronounce everything really bad.

Remember "Cow Cow" ? Or even better, his son "Cow Pee" ? :haw:

Course I guess the Berserk names are Western so it might end up okay. If anything its the original VO that has more trouble there. "Gur-iffit-tssu"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Watch them name him Gattsu, this is from the same company that though Thouzer sounded better than Souther.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Course even if they do an English VO they'll probably mispronounce everything really bad.

Remember "Cow Cow" ? Or even better, his son "Cow Pee" ? :haw:

Course I guess the Berserk names are Western so it might end up okay. If anything its the original VO that has more trouble there. "Gur-iffit-tssu"

If those Chinamen want me to pronounce it Shurma Shur or Tsao Tsao they should spell it that way.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is "Chuder" an official localisation?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I actually don't like this Hirasawa song.

HAI YO is incredibly phoned in compared to, say, Aria or Forces. And every time the anime uses it, it's just the song itself, uncut. There's no specific notes or chords or motif they use to try to set a tone for a given scene, just here's the song, or the chorus at least, awkwardly shoved in whenever they think it's needed. It's making me really dislike the song, and the fact that it's so distinct compared to the rest of the music makes it stick out even more.

Best Hirasawa song is Sign, quote this if you're down

they should have used that as the anime's OP to be honest

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Vengarr posted:

Not an emptyquote.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Vengarr posted:

I sort of agree, with the catch being that I prefer Sign II to the normal.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Yardbomb posted:

I sort of agree, with the catch being that I prefer Sign II to the normal.

I have a problem with that version of Sign. It sounds like there's a rubber band being played and I can't not hear that every time I listen to this version.

Xenin
Nov 5, 2004
I love both versions of Sign, but to me Indra will always be the most haunting and memorable song he's done for Berserk.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I'm still a Forces man. And I liked Aria too.

Hai Yo is good too though.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

It was strange how the dub for the TV show came out correct in terms of names and locations IIRC but the Dreamcast game had a crazy butchered localization with inconsistent spellings and pronunciations all over the place. They spent all of their money bringing on the :krad: voice cast but had interns translate everything or something I guess.

Come to think of it, I still don't really get how we got the Dreamcast game but not the PS2 one. There were so many weird, obscure games that came out in the west particularly with the PS2 and the Berserk game was (1) part of an established franchise with a (niche as hell obviously) fanbase already in place, (2) had pretty good graphics for the time, (3) had plenty of fun gameplay with some impressive boss battles and cutscenes, and (4) was on a system that sold a godly amount of units compared to the Dreamcast, but there wasn't any interest in bringing it over? What was the thought process of bringing over the Dreamcast game, then? To show off the system or was there someone at Eidos who was just really into Berserk?

I just loving wanted some more Berserk back in the day and it never happened :saddowns:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vengarr posted:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Awesome Welles posted:

It was strange how the dub for the TV show came out correct in terms of names and locations IIRC but the Dreamcast game had a crazy butchered localization with inconsistent spellings and pronunciations all over the place. They spent all of their money bringing on the :krad: voice cast but had interns translate everything or something I guess.

Come to think of it, I still don't really get how we got the Dreamcast game but not the PS2 one. There were so many weird, obscure games that came out in the west particularly with the PS2 and the Berserk game was (1) part of an established franchise with a (niche as hell obviously) fanbase already in place, (2) had pretty good graphics for the time, (3) had plenty of fun gameplay with some impressive boss battles and cutscenes, and (4) was on a system that sold a godly amount of units compared to the Dreamcast, but there wasn't any interest in bringing it over? What was the thought process of bringing over the Dreamcast game, then? To show off the system or was there someone at Eidos who was just really into Berserk?

I just loving wanted some more Berserk back in the day and it never happened :saddowns:

Probably as simple as no one here talking about Berserk at the time. Most of my anime watching friends watched the TV show but have no idea there's anything past Golden Age.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Vengarr posted:

I think I've listened to several weeks worth of both Sign and Sign II. Incredible stuff.

Parade from Paprika is up there as well.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Even if Oh Ashes is phoned in, Hirasawa could loving knock it out of the park apparently not even trying to do anything special for a mess of a show.

Pleiades
Aug 20, 2006
I've grown fond of Earth. Such a great celebration song.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
You know what outfit is totally cool and should be a costume in Berserk Musou?

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Vengarr posted:

Definitely my favorite song, especially with the PS2 game opening.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I have a problem with that version of Sign. It sounds like there's a rubber band being played and I can't not hear that every time I listen to this version.

I'm sure a HD version of this would bring that sound more in line with Forces.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Where is this "Hai Yo is phoned in" sentiment really coming from anyway? We've not heard the full thing, we're not hearing much of it unsullied in the show by SFX or dialogue, but what we have heard is pretty sensational, even if the show's usage of it isn't ideal.

Like, I'm not seeing much reason to say that it's phoned in or whatever. The same goes for saying it's the best Hirasawa song or whatever too.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Griffith trailer

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Of course the motherfucker gets some Dragon Quest sounding music.

Ever wonder how long they could last if Guts stayed and they all became petty nobility? Like would he have just gone on city purges to murder Griffith's enemies or even plotted to kill the king to get to Charlotte?

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Clearly a fake. The real reincarnated divine savior Griffith would never allow himself to be sullied by the blood of his enemies.

Godhand Griffith must be 100% beautiful at all times :colbert:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Took until Griffith's trailer to realize that he doesn't really fight all that much nor have special signature moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's just Griffith standing on top of people's swords for the whole game.