Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, it's called finesse. If that was Verstappen, he'd have his hand halfway up her rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What about Maldonado, then?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

What about Maldonado, then?

He'd be off in the gravel beside the walkway.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I dunno man the back door does feel kinda gravelish. Think he'd just be further up then Max.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
He'd be on top of another guy in there

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Max would be the :frog: that never got kissed.

e: at my wedding, my wife found a frog outside the venue and tried to kiss it for a photo. It then pissed all over here. That would also likely be Max.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Mark Webber rode a bike Olympics-style or something https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2016/jul/29/mark-webber-olympic-test-ridelondon-cycling

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
iirc Max Verstappen is porking Carlos Sainz's hot cousin.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

learnincurve posted:

iirc Max Verstappen is porking Carlos Sainz's hot cousin.

Didn't he just break up with his Finnish driver girlfriend like 2-3 months ago?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Powershift posted:

Yeah, it's called finesse. If that was Verstappen, he'd have his hand halfway up her rear end.

It's a staged wedding photo so you can see both of the rings prominently. It's cheesy and why I hate doing wedding photography.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Funny how formula 1 drivers always seem to be popular with the pretty ladies. See also; Jean Todt.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

I can put together a bit of an update once the race is done. I'm toying with making an AI thread for next year now that I'm in a class where I'll be in the midfield as opposed to dropping off and a rapid pace, just got to figure out a way to make it interesting and accessible. The endurance race should be a blast though since I get to rag the poo poo out of somebody else's kart and not worry about the engine blowing or banging up the chassis.

Please do post a thread, and make sure you link to it from here. I'd love to see how it goes. I have a couple of friends who want to so 24 Hours of Lemons, but it's too much of a commitment when I have 2 small kids keeping me fully busy at home. Maybe in a few years.

geeves posted:

It's a staged wedding photo so you can see both of the rings prominently. It's cheesy and why I hate doing wedding photography.

geeves, all I remember from our wedding photographer was his go-to line "now look at each other and laugh!"... It got old fast.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
and in other Verstappen news, Jos has supposedly beaten the crap out of his own elderly father who made a complaint to the police and then withdrew it because "it is a family matter" .

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Ocon has replaced Haryanto at Manor

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shame that

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

I was hoping for Rossi, but curious to see what Ocon can do.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

His name is Rio and he's now out of a job.

It'll be two Mercedes works drivers in a knife fight with the same hardware. Should be fun.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

So Vandoorne was passed over once again?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

mrfart posted:

So Vandoorne was passed over once again?

Did you really expect a McLaren driver at the Merc B-team?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Rossi was offered the seat and turned them down to finish out the Indycar season.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Funzo posted:

Rossi was offered the seat and turned them down to finish out the Indycar season.

he's actually going to get paid in indycar so that seems like a no-brainer

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/08/10/alonso-everything-in-formula-1-is-a-comedy/

“Everything in Formula 1 is a comedy,” Alonso told the official F1 website. “Nothing is really serious, so it’s definitely not a drama. It’s like one of those comedies where you get hit and in the next episode you’re back to normal.

“Jim Carrey – any of his roles! I think he would do well in F1, making a mockery of everything,” added the Spaniard mischievously."

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Sorry but alonso just needs to take his waifu pillow and gently caress off to retirement. He whines too much for a millionare world champion.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

wicka posted:

he's actually going to get paid in indycar so that seems like a no-brainer
Also you can actually win things in Indycar because it's actual racing unlike F1. Such as the Indy 500, which Rossi won.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ocon looked good in F3 and GP3 but his results in FR3.5 were lousy iirc. How is he in DTM?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Human Grand Prix posted:

Ocon looked good in F3 and GP3 but his results in FR3.5 were lousy iirc. How is he in DTM?

Toto had a space he needed to fill.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Sorry but alonso just needs to take his waifu pillow and gently caress off to retirement. He whines too much for a millionare world champion.

I think hes just a bit bored with the pedestrian pace of the races. Which is fair enough because they are still cornering way to slowly for F1.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Riso posted:

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/08/10/alonso-everything-in-formula-1-is-a-comedy/

“Everything in Formula 1 is a comedy,” Alonso told the official F1 website. “Nothing is really serious, so it’s definitely not a drama. It’s like one of those comedies where you get hit and in the next episode you’re back to normal.

“Jim Carrey – any of his roles! I think he would do well in F1, making a mockery of everything,” added the Spaniard mischievously."

Did Ron hit Nando over the head or something? Is he okay? :ohdear:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Actually, he's right. Same with Vettel. Sorry that he actually cares about the sport he's dedicated his life to, I guess?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

Actually, he's right. Same with Vettel. Sorry that he actually cares about the sport he's dedicated his life to, I guess?

I think it's time for Nando to just go win the WEC and LeMans for like 5 years straight. That would be Cool and Good.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
However, he needs to win Le Mans 10 times to unseat the current Mister Le Mans.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nando winning Toyota's first Le Mans win would be glorious.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GramCracker posted:

I think it's time for Nando to just go win the WEC and LeMans for like 5 years straight. That would be Cool and Good.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

1500quidporsche posted:

Nando winning Toyota's first Le Mans win would be glorious.

We need to get Rossi in there, STAT! Him completing two thirds of the Motorsports triple crown before his f1 career really gets started would be glorious.

(The real one, not the bullshit one that includes "F1 WDC" or "Spa")

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

I don't think he did anything more than a handful of races in 3.5

His GP3 results are loving bizarre and more puzzling in my opinion, I think he had 1 win and like 9 consecutive second place finishes.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
looking just at the results what he had over anyone else was consistency. Ok he was consistently 2nd but neither manor nor Mercedes want a crash magnet next to whir line on the grid.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

:siren:ITS HAPPENING:siren:

http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/maldonado-tipped-for-wec-debut-with-manor-in-mexico-806448/

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

1500quidporsche posted:

I don't think he did anything more than a handful of races in 3.5

His GP3 results are loving bizarre and more puzzling in my opinion, I think he had 1 win and like 9 consecutive second place finishes.

Nico 2.0

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That's a funny way of spelling Rubens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'