Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Ice/grass also has seven weaknesses with one being 4x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Germstore posted:

It's more the weight of most pokemon seem really low. There's no way Registeel shouldn't weigh at least a ton, but he's 450 lbs.

Do yourself a favor and just ignore all Pokedex size and weights, most of the media already does. Almost none of them make any sense unless the majority of Pokemon are tiny and/or hollow. That or the made of depleted uranium like Larvitar.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Evil Eagle posted:

But thinking about it I think it would have to be ice/rock. ice is so bad.

Six weaknesses, but two of them are 4x.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Bug/grass (parasect) is also six weakness with 2 x4

if it has dry skin it's actually x5 weak to fire

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dexie posted:

Six weaknesses, but two of them are 4x.

Poor aurorus.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

greatn posted:

Well what's the absolute worst type pairing with the most weaknesses and least resistances?

Grass/Bug has 6 weaknesses, 2 4x, and only 5 resistances.

Grass/Ice has 7 Weaknesses, 1 4X, and 4 resistances.

Take your pick there.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

greatn posted:

Well what's the absolute worst type pairing with the most weaknesses and least resistances?

Rock/Ice

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Poor aurorus.

i'm gonna confess that i picked the aurorus fossil over the tyranitar one

i have no regrets. aurorus is so pretty.

sauropods rule, theropods drool.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

quote:

Despite all this, Leavanny is still a lot of fun to slice through the main game with.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Germstore posted:

The Exeggcute line has seven weaknesses with one of them being a 4x.

It'll be six come Sun/Moon.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kerrrrrrr posted:

tyrantrum is a perfect pokemon.

Bartie
Mar 20, 2006

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

RealFoxy posted:

There's too many disgusting flavored shinies or those that just look a slightly different shade than what they were. I hope Nintendo goes through and sweeps those up and removes all the gross-looking green or purple alternate colors that don't look that great and make almost every Shiny actually worth looking for.

Yes please. I randomly found a shiny Growlithe yesterday. I mean come on. :crossarms:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Super No Vacancy posted:

pokemon should not have numbers

but then how would i phone my bae, ampharos-m

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Ice/steel is also gonna be pretty dreadful with its double 4x weaknesses. Making Alolan Sandshrew a defensive pokemon with that typing is dooming it from the start.

VVV Same reason they make defensive rock types

I don't know what that reason is other than "rock move slow" but it results in poo poo pokemon

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 8, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Internet Kraken posted:

Ice/steel is also gonna be pretty dreadful with its double 4x weaknesses. Making Alolan Sandshrew a defensive pokemon with that typing is dooming it from the start.

Gamefreak keeps making defense based Ice types and I DON'T KNOW WHY

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I hatched a shiny one and played through half of the game without realizing it was shiny

It was awesome.

Special place in my heart for that pretty sparkly dino

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Minior is gonna get fast and seems to be the answer to my rock type special attacker prayers

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Fix the Ice and Rock types, Game Freak

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
You could give the rock type an offensive nerf and a defensive buff in making rock type resist rock type

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

They had a chance to balance the type chart when they introduced Fairy and all they did was remove Steel's resistances to Dark and Ghost.

So according to them, the type chart is fine and needs no more changes. At least until Gen 10.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
My personal balance gripe is that fairy resists bug. There's no reason for that it should be the other way around! :mad:

Bug is resisted by 7 types now I mean come on

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i caught a shiny maractus during my quest to Catch 'Em All and i think its pretty

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Zore posted:

Grass/Ice has 7 Weaknesses, 1 4X, and 4 resistances.

Take your pick there.

man, grass types sure are bad.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Amazon.com posted:

Z-Crystals are linked to specific Z-Moves in the Pokémon series for Nintendo 3DS Family Systems: Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.
Each Z-Crystal activates different lights, sounds and vibrations on the Pokémon Z-Ring.
The type based attack icon associated with each Z-Crystal is revealed when inserted into the Z-Ring.
Includes all 9 Z-Crystals: Grapple, Fight and Thunder; Steel, Stone and Poison; Ghost, Insect and Evil

20 dollars for nine of the Z-crystals, 3 come with the toy, I guess about another two packs would get you the whole set for 63ish dollars. Also lol the typings

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

man, grass types sure are bad.

Actually grass types are extremely cool

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

EDIT: Got it!

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 9, 2016

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Actually grass types are extremely cool

Grass type Pokemon are cool despite how bad the grass type is

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Grass type Pokemon are cool despite how bad the grass type is
grass is a good typing

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
My first shiny was Spinda in Ruby

it was exciting but then extremely underwhelming

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Grass is actually a really good type. It's weaknesses are balanced out by its strong resists, immunity to powders, and good offensive strengths.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I wish bugs and ice weren't bad types as they are both p cool.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Okay, I'm stumped. How the hell do you get Uxie to show up in the Nameless Cave? I have the other two and I've followed every thing I've found online regarding making Uxie appear such as visiting between 20:00-21:00 and having three Pokémon with you who have max affection. But it's been almost a month of visiting near daily and he still won't show up. Him and Palkia/Dialga (whichever) are the last legendaries I need in OR so I can start an AS game.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

grass is a good typing

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
The thing about Grass is that its Water, Electric, and Ground resistances are fantastic, whereas most of its several weaknesses are not very strong types. Four of the five are weak to Stealth Rock and you almost never see STAB Ice. The other bad weakness is Flying, but no one ever uses Flying moves without STAB, so it's easy to see coming.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm gonna start putting flying moves on non-flying pokemon just to annoy you

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hello as there is no Pokemon Z I am replaying X with a new team building method: if I want to use a pokemon I dump it in a box named "team" and rotate all the ones I have on hand around so that they're evenly levelled. It works pretty well! Anyway I have about 12 or so team pokemon now and would like to inform you that yes, exp share is absolutely absurdly broken because with it turned on they're still all outlevelling everything.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
there's basically no good flying moves that are learned by non-flying types. theres what, technician aerial ace? what even gets that

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Dabir posted:

I'm gonna start putting flying moves on non-flying pokemon just to annoy you

Good luck finding anything better than Aerial Ace

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
I didn't even know until last night that ice's only resistance is ICE. :psyduck: What the hell, Game Freak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Can I Pokemon Bank my Soul Silver Pokemons?

• Locked thread