Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
there has to be a way to vocalize the feeling you get when watching mma nerds get mad over people who i personally don't think exist...

but i'm not eloquent enough :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ROFLburger posted:

Interesting anecdote about the Diaz McGregor fight. Looking forward to watching the fight again when I get home and looking for this knee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM-zbzE3HS4

This is neat

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Why do grown men watch pro wrestling?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

who gives a poo poo

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dangersim posted:

Why do grown men watch pro wrestling?

Stop making idiotic posts like this and talk about mma.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Conor McGregor is tearing us all apart :qq:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

fatherdog posted:

Stop making idiotic posts like this and talk about mma.

related: after this weekend of no UFC there's gonna be like 9 weeks straight of UFCs every Saturday. Pretty much every card owns. So basically from the rest of August to October there will always be some fight worth talking about coming up. It all begins with Conor vs Nate 2 before reaching a crescendo with Bisping vs Hendo 2.

I can't wait

red19fire
May 26, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

Interesting anecdote about the Diaz McGregor fight. Looking forward to watching the fight again when I get home and looking for this knee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM-zbzE3HS4

I think this is the moment he's talking about, after Diaz has already rocked Conor once:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3VN21wOq2A&t=751s

I think the 'too slow' comment is at 6:50

Diaz owns. My favorite part is the hands-out poo poo talk increases as he lands more clean punches.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 8, 2016

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016
202 is going to be like 189 where it owns because it's stacked with welterweights. story/cerrone and magny/larkin are both really good fights. plus hyun gyu lim and Tim means who are always fun.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ive never gone more wild during a fight than diaz/mcgregor

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Bubba Smith posted:

related: after this weekend of no UFC there's gonna be like 9 weeks straight of UFCs every Saturday. Pretty much every card owns. So basically from the rest of August to October there will always be some fight worth talking about coming up. It all begins with Conor vs Nate 2 before reaching a crescendo with Bisping vs Hendo 2.

I can't wait

Dan is going to win

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Belle Isle Tech posted:

When did it become a thing to call MMA fake, or is that guy just stupid

Mma was confirmed fake when Diego "beat" Gomi

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Who is the guy at lightweight who is the most flat footed and least likely to try to take someones back? Compiling a list

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

david carmichael posted:

Who is the guy at lightweight who is the most flat footed and least likely to try to take someones back? Compiling a list

1) Gomi Takanori

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Artem Lobov as well.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

demian maia has to be close to a championship fight at this point if he beats condit, right?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

JOHN CENA posted:

demian maia has to be close to a championship fight at this point if he beats condit, right?

The thing about welter is it's so choked with talent that you can put together a record like Maia's and STILL not be a shoe-in. Thompson would still have a good argument over him even with a Condit win.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I want to watch Maia aggressively bother Woodley for about 6-7 minutes before putting him in a very painful choke.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

david carmichael posted:

tyson griffindor

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

TL Note: Keikaku means Moo

fatherdog posted:

The thing about welter is it's so choked with talent that you can put together a record like Maia's and STILL not be a shoe-in. Thompson would still have a good argument over him even with a Condit win.

It's really hard to see anyone but Wonderboy being a shoe-in for the next title shot. He beat Hendricks so badly and he picked apart Rory. The only person Maia's beaten on that level recently is Matt Brown and Brown's a huge wildcard.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Wonderboy should absolutely get the next shot, but Maia/Condit should get to fight him after he beats Woodley.

This is of course discounting any GSP shenanigans or Robbie destroying like three people in three months or something.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Lloyd Boner posted:

Wonderboy should absolutely get the next shot, but Maia/Condit should get to fight him after he beats Woodley.

This is of course discounting any GSP shenanigans or Robbie destroying like three people in three months or something.

Or Magny beating three people in three weeks

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i am enjoying this warlord era style welterweight division because the karate man gets a belt instead of a 50-45 GSP.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I no longer like the Welters because Robbie losing his belt in a couple of minutes to a single huge bomb instead of a 25 minute war is like having an elite gladiator dying after eating a rotten banana in the changing room.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I no longer like the Welters because Robbie losing his belt in a couple of minutes to a single huge bomb instead of a 25 minute war is like having an elite gladiator dying after eating a rotten banana in the changing room.

man if he wanted to keep the title so badly then he probably should have dodged the punch

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Robbie's face will be red when he realizes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I didn't realise either, honestly.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its actually more like the elite gladiator getting wounded in combat by another elite gladiator that has facial hair what looks like it qwas copied off a lego man

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

man if he wanted to keep the title so badly then he probably should have dodged the punch

Couldn't. Face too flat.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

its actually more like the elite gladiator getting wounded in combat by another elite gladiator that has facial hair what looks like it qwas copied off a lego man

ahahahaha

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI4Tv8dBXnE/?taken-by=thenotoriousmma&hl=en

noooo Conor all that sparring's just going to tire you out

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Floyd has a Mania win over Big Show. Conor will probably take on Lesnar and win.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
so he got his minger dingers in his ear fixed I guess?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

red19fire posted:

I think this is the moment he's talking about, after Diaz has already rocked Conor once:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3VN21wOq2A&t=751s

I think the 'too slow' comment is at 6:50
It's at exactly 6:41, you can actually hear it.

The grunt is for real though, good timecode

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I got a survey this morning asking questions like "did you think PPVs were included in Fight Pass?" and "would you be interested in a 24 hour programming stream?" and got 10% off 203 for doing it. Hell yeah.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Coach John Kavanagh: There will be 'no excuses' if Conor McGregor can't beat Nate Diaz at UFC 202

Coach John Kavanagh, August 21st: We're not making excuses, but Conor caught dengue fever from the Irish Olympic Rowing team and had two undiagnosed hamstring injuries and also his girlfriend isn't loving him correctly

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

fatherdog posted:

Coach John Kavanagh: There will be 'no excuses' if Conor McGregor can't beat Nate Diaz at UFC 202

Coach John Kavanagh, August 21st: We're not making excuses, but Conor caught dengue fever from the Irish Olympic Rowing team and had two undiagnosed hamstring injuries and also his girlfriend isn't loving him correctly

I actually am very curious to see what all these new techniques and adjustments are, and whether or not Conor sticks to them or if they fly out the window when he starts eating jabs and sees Nate waving a middle finger at him from across the cage.

edit: Also I wonder what they are really saying behind closed gym doors. The way Conor and Kavanagh talk about this fight in public it's like they believe that Nate didn't land anything until that one two that rocked Conor and they won't be dealing with a significantly better version of Nate than the one that showed up at 196.

edit 2: Speaking of a better version of Nate, UFC put up Nate vs MJ on their Brazilian YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jskKkxtXrMI

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

Lol

• Locked thread