Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

And don't make the mistake of thinking people with a lot of money are good with it. We had one couple who were worth more than 10 million bucks and repeatedly assured us they kept good records on our trading results, but would do things like not factor in 40k worth of dividends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
From the UPF Facebook Page

quote:

If some numbskull who claims to be part of the Patriot movement commits or attempts to commit an illegal act which some may deem as domestic terrorism, this is not indicative of the whole movement or of the peaceful ambitions of patriotic Australians with legitimate concerns about Islamification.
I can hear the left now 'you're a hypocrite, that's what we keep telling you about Mus_lims. Just because some commit terrorism doesn't mean they're all that way inclined.'
Big difference. International intelligence agencies estimate that 25% of all Mus_lims are highly radicalised and harbour hatred for western counties, wishing for their demise. That's 400 million of them that want to see us obliterated. There is not a Mus_lim country on earth that is not continuously ravaged by war and terrorism. A poll taken in Egypt revealed that 80% of the population believed that death was the appropriate punishment for leaving Islam, for drawing a picture of Mohammed, and for women committing adultery. This is nothing short of domestic terrorism against its own citizens. After 9/11 millions of Mus_lims around the world started calling their newborn sons, Osama. I could go on and on.
Isis, Al Quaeda, Boko Haram, Jemaah Islamiyah, the Taliban...
Keep telling yourselves that patriots who love their country are the same as all that. Id take out a traitor before the enemy any day. Huts

hahahahahahaha?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

"We are a peaceful movement. Death to traitors before the enemy" ~ A Patriot

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Noted 'good poster' Amethyst.

I hope that knowing death threats are bannable will improve some other people's posting too.

thatbastardken posted:

i for one am not loving any animals
Me thinks the Green's candidate doth protest too much.

Rather than questioning whether the Chinese should be buying Ausgrid surely the question should be why are we selling it at all. Screw the security case, where's the business case?

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/ausgrid-sale:-%27security-case-hasn%27t-been/7703664

quote:

Ausgrid sale: 'security case hasn't been made' says Australia-China relations expert Tuesday 9 August 2016 6:50AM (view full episode)

National security experts are urging the Treasurer to block a $10 billion Chinese bid for a 50 per cent stake in New South Wales' electricity distributor, Ausgrid. Peter Jennings, Executive Director of the Australian Strategic Policy Institute, argues that China's more aggressive stance in the South China Sea makes it an unsuitable business partner in the ownership of strategic assets like an electricity grid. But James Laurenceson, Deputy Director of the Australia-China Relations Institute, says Australia has nothing to fear from Chinese investment.

I would have thought the South China Sea bit would have carried more weight but as I'm not an AJ I obviously don't know poo poo.

This puts Bill Leak's cartoon in an even less wholesome light (Turns out the coppers are the bad guys. Who knew? :shrug:).

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-08/dylan-voller27s-troubled-past/7701704

quote:

Dylan Voller's mother breaks her silence on his juvenile detention treatment and troubled past 7.30 By Kate Wild Updated yesterday at 9:26pm

RELATED STORY: NT teen Dylan Voller strapped to chair multiple times, guard claims
RELATED STORY: Teen abused in detention would have responded to kindness, sister says
RELATED STORY: 'Like Guantanamo': Video shows child hooded, strapped to chair

The mother of Dylan Voller believes she "failed" her son when she reported him to police, beginning a childhood of imprisonment which eventually led to him being strapped to a chair with a spitting hood over his head. Dylan, who is at the centre of the Don Dale Juvenile Detention Centre scandal, had been difficult from an early age, Joanne Voller told 7.30. Alice Springs primary schools were unable to deal with him and he attended at least five different schools between the ages of six and nine. Joanne Voller said she contacted the NT Department of Children and Families for help when Dylan was 11. "That was the time when he broke my window and I was told if I reported him for breaking my window he'd get the help that he needed," she said. "At the time he needed counselling to help with his anger issues, but it's not what he received in jail. If I had of done something like they did to my son and that was in the name of caring for my child I'd be in jail right now, so I don't know what they expected me to do to care for my child. I was seeking help, I was asking for help. I in no way thought he would be hooded and chained to a chair or thrown in isolation for 200 days at a time. I don't see that as counselling or helping him. I really feel like I failed him by ringing the police that day when he broke my window, to be honest."

'They don't see the underlying problems'

Dylan's family said he had emotional problems which should have been dealt with. "Something happened in Dylan's life that made him really angry that he didn't talk about until he was older," Joanne Voller said. According to his sister, Kirra Voller, Dylan grew up not trusting people. "I think that's where his naughtiness comes in because it's a lack of trust for the people that he's supposed to trust, so they just think he's rebelling and being a naughty person because of whatever reasons — he's got ADHD or he's troubled — they don't see the underlying problems that are really affecting him," she said. Antoinette Carroll, a youth justice advocate and Dylan's case worker, agreed Dylan had not received the care he needed. "As soon as he entered into early childhood his needs had to be identified," she said. "His mother was very proactive in trying to get therapeutic supports in place, which is why she contacted the department."

'Pretty much his whole childhood he's spent in jail'

Dylan is now in an adult prison in Darwin serving time for a serious assault. "I'd say out of the last seven years he's probably been out six, seven, eight months since [age] 12, so pretty much his whole childhood he's spent in jail," Joanne Voller said. Dylan's lawyers have petitioned the Northern Territory Administrator to exercise his prerogative of mercy and grant Dylan an early release. "He's really trying not to get his hopes up about getting out," Kirra Voller said. "He really wants to get out, he deserves to get out because of everything he's been through. I think he's entitled to that at least."

Ms Carroll said that without intensive therapy for Dylan, she does not know what his future might hold.

"I'd like to think that it will be bright and it will be wonderful but gee, it's a lot of long-term abuse and early childhood abuse to recover from," Ms Carroll said. "Dylan knows he's got a lot of love in his life, lot of family support, community support, but at the end of the day hopefully that will carry him through."

Cost of intervention versus cost of incarceration

"Looking at his challenging behaviours, getting a full diagnosis of exactly what Dylan was presenting with, if it was ADHD or early childhood trauma — there's a whole raft of reports that have now been presented before the courts," Ms Carroll said. "But the lack of a systemic collaborative approach for him and his family really was a failing. These were issues that were long identified through the schooling system and through the courts. Endless court reports were presented on his behalf from services to say this is what should happen, clearly outlining a good post-release plan, but again that needed resourcing. "Sadly when he was in the care of the Department of Children and Families they wouldn't come to that, which was extraordinary because the cost was quite expensive but this was ongoing 24/7 support to the family — very cost effective in the long term, when we see the lengthy incarceration cost that Dylan Voller has gone through."

Making new monsters every day.

Germany appears to about to follow Australia down the rabbit hole with their first 'Cornelia Rau'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-09/chinese-tourist-mistaken-for-refugee-in-germany/7703352

quote:

Chinese tourist mistaken for asylum seeker in Germany after losing wallet Updated about 3 hours ago

RELATED STORY: Merkel moves to integrate new arrivals
RELATED STORY: Obama says Merkel 'on right side of history' over refugee stance (Lol)

A Chinese tourist got tangled up in the red tape of Germany's migrant influx by mistake and was stuck in a refugee home for nearly two weeks, the Red Cross says. Officials thought the backpacker, who spoke neither German nor English, "needed help" after landing in Stuttgart Airport in south-west Germany on July 4, Christoph Schluetermann of the German Red Cross said. The 31-year-old man, who had lost his wallet, was taken to a reception centre in the nearby town of Heidelberg. There, he unwittingly filled out an asylum request form, following the local authorities' instructions, Mr Schluetermann said. On July 6, he was transferred to a reception centre in the western city of Dortmund, where his passport was taken from him. He was then moved to another shelter in Duelmen near the Dutch border. "Machinery kicked into gear from which he couldn't immediately escape," Mr Schluetermann told news agency DPA. Public broadcaster WDR said the man complied with standard procedure for refugees, including allowing his fingerprints to be taken, undergoing a medical examination and accepting pocket money.<Snip>
Well at least a got a nice new star embroidered on his jacket. Dude should be grateful

I like this one it's so salty!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-08/verrender-four-myths-busted-why-we-need-banking-royal-commission/7699794

quote:

Four myths busted: Why we need a banking royal commission ANALYSIS The Drum By Ian Verrender Updated yesterday at 11:59am

Tens of thousands of Australians have had their lives ruined by the major banks. If there's no need for a Royal Commission because ASIC has greater powers, then why is the Turnbull Government wasting time and money on a parliamentary inquiry that has less power than both? Ian Verrender writes. Welcome to this week's edition of Monday Conundrum. Today we have a real doozy. Let's see if you can twist your mind around this: If there's no need for a Royal Commission into banks because the Australian Securities and Investments Commission has greater powers, then why is the Turnbull Government wasting time and money on a parliamentary inquiry that has less power than both? You'll need quite some time to think through that one. In salad terms, rather than the rocket, the newly elected government instead has opted for the iceberg; and a particularly wet and limp sample of the family Asteraceae it is too. Given the admirable speed with which the government responded to the disturbing images emanating from the Northern Territory's juvenile detention centres, its longstanding reluctance to bring bankers to heel is perplexing.

You'll forever hear financiers argue that because of its strength, our banking system sailed through the financial crisis. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Surely it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that our financial services industry is the biggest political donor in the country. The big four alone donated more than $730,000 in the year to June last year. And that's before bank and finance industry lobby groups kicked the tin. The comparison with the NT inquiry is entirely valid. Tens of thousands of Australians have had their lives ruined by the mounting toll of atrocities that have come to light in the past decade from the major banks' role in the Storm Financial meltdown, the financial planning and insurance scandals through to rigging of the interest rate setting markets. For the past decade, we have been regaled with tales of rampant fee gouging, conflicts of interest and falsification of loan documents driven by a sales culture that has elevated profits above all else. While last week's decision to not pass on the full Reserve Bank rate cut reignited community anger, it was merely a continuation of the cartel-like behaviour that has seen the big banks once again acting in unison, just as they have for the past 20 years.

Here are a couple of myths the banks love to perpetuate that need busting.

1. Bank funding costs

If you believe the big four banks, they simply can't pass on Reserve Bank cuts in full because the rate it sets only partially determines their cost of raising money. And the cost from other sources is rising. That's entirely true. But before we start, it's worth remembering that banks are like every other kind of business. They buy money cheaply and make a profit by selling it at a higher price. In a normal competitive market, businesses are price takers. They have no power over what they charge. The only businesses that can fix prices are monopolies or oligopolies, where a couple of big players act in unison. Sound familiar? Tuesday was a classic case. Within minutes of the Reserve Bank decision, the Commonwealth Bank announced that it would pass on just half the cut to borrowers but would bump up the rate it pays to investors for some term deposits. Blow me down, if during the course of the next hour or so, the other three did exactly the same. It was uncanny.

2. We need a strong banking system

Who has ever argued we need a weak one? This little smokescreen belches across the media every time there is any criticism about the huge profits our banks generate. The Commonwealth Bank is hurtling towards a record $9 billion annual profit, due to be unveiled this week. There is no denying the enormity of the earnings. But that's just one measure of its heavyweight status. It is the amount it generates off its capital base that is truly astounding. Last year, it managed a return on equity of 18.2 per cent. Compare that to Citi, one of the world's biggest banks. While its earnings were larger, Citi could only generate a return of about half that of the CBA. The other three local banks aren't too far behind the CBA on that measure. In short, they are cash generating machines, the likes of which global banking behemoths can but dream. A study by The Australia Institute released last week puts those earnings in another light. Our banks generate an annual income equivalent of 2.9 per cent of GDP. That's Olympic gold and puts them in a class of their own. In the US, American bank earnings - massive as they are - pull in around 1.2 per cent of GDP.

The reason they can achieve these magnificent results is because of their pricing power and their stranglehold over not just banking but insurance, superannuation and almost every other form of financial service you can think of. We need a strong banking system, not one that exerts too much power.

3. No other industry is subject to this kind of scrutiny

That's debateable. What isn't up for argument is that no other industry enjoys the kind of taxpayer support that our financial sector enjoys. Farmers and small businesses can go broke. The car industry can be told to pack and leave. But not the banks. You'll forever hear financiers and their apologists argue that because of its strength, our banking system sailed through the financial crisis eight years ago unscathed. Nothing could be further from the truth. After furious lobbying, initially from Macquarie Group, the Rudd government imposed a ban on short selling of bank and finance stocks in an effort to stave off collapsing share prices. It then guaranteed bank deposits. On top of that, it handed our banks the keys to the country's AAA credit rating. If it hadn't done so, our entire banking system was in danger of collapse. Having borrowed hundreds of billions of dollars from wholesale credit markets offshore, they were facing ruin because credit was frozen and no-one would lend them the cash to refinance. Taxpayers rode to the rescue. Our banks borrowed $120 billion using that taxpayer guarantee, a bailout never before seen and unlikely to ever be witnessed again. They've since argued it wasn't a bailout because they had to pay fees to use the guarantee. You have to chuckle; bankers complaining about being charged a fee. It doesn't end there. A Reserve Bank study released as part of a FOI request in May revealed our four major banks get an annual $4 billion leg up as a result of that emergency GFC action. Foreign lenders give them a rate discount because they now know Australian taxpayers will bail them out if anything goes wrong.

4. The bad behaviour is overstated

It's all the fault of a few bad apples. Why are orchardists tarnished in this manner? Globally, banks have been fined a collective $US200 billion and, while admitting criminal behaviour in the manipulation of interest rates, foreign exchange and gold markets have seen a mere handful of employees end up behind bars. At least the UK and US regulators were on the front foot in those cases. Our corporate cop has only just gotten around to launching action on the rate rigging and so far, the case appears far from solid. So, ask yourself this: Why are our banks so afraid of a Royal Commission, especially if it's all the fault of those few bad apples? The answer lies partly in the enormous bonuses paid to those interest rate traders now accused of being rogue. You only score a $5 million annual bonus for generating vast amounts of wealth to the organisation, which in turn bumps up the bonuses for everyone above you. How much wealth? That's what our banks don't want you to know.

Oh and the whole global jewish conspiracy thing.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Recoome posted:

Also got into a fight with a weird yospos poster who has an autistic fetish about posting about hating sci-fi.

oh tori, well in that case i stand with amethyst.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Is Mus_lim referring to the true and honest soul of the religion, not these so-called MUSLIMS?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Sanguine posted:

Is Mus_lim referring to the true and honest soul of the religion, not these so-called MUSLIMS?

It's because the patriot movement believes that there is a word filter which looks at their posts and when Muslims is mentioned, it gets auto flagged and might get removed. This is an attempt to circumvent that filter.

e: I mean it's possible (even likely) but it's also likely that their page gets monitored by people (I even do it) and their poo poo gets reported the good ol' fashioned way. They would simply need to filter for Mu_slim or Mus_lim and the same poo poo happens. It's high-school level dumb

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Recoome posted:

It's because the patriot movement believes that there is a word filter which looks at their posts and when Muslims is mentioned, it gets auto flagged and might get removed. This is an attempt to circumvent that filter.

Oh my god.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
e. Beaten like a facebook word filter :smug:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Amethyst Did Nothing Wrong

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Facebook needs to step up it's word filter game. Got nothing on robocops and the Zodiac Killer.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Recoome posted:

e: I mean it's possible (even likely) but it's also likely that their page gets monitored by people (I even do it) and their poo poo gets reported the good ol' fashioned way. They would simply need to filter for Mu_slim or Mus_lim and the same poo poo happens. It's high-school level dumb

Lmao freep have been doing that for years with 0bama etc

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/aug/08/detention-centre-operators-contract-extended-despite-owners-objection

Australian government extends broadspectrum's contract to run the torture camps, despite the owners of broadspectrum not wanting run them.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lol can they do that?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Frogmanv2 posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/aug/08/detention-centre-operators-contract-extended-despite-owners-objection

Australian government extends broadspectrum's contract to run the torture camps, despite the owners of broadspectrum not wanting run them.

Broadspectrum have lost some contracts at a local mine they have had for a decade or more.

Not sure of reasons but it was surprising.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Lol can they do that?

Apparently the extension was an option in the contract, so yes. Dodgy as gently caress and not a good look though.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

BBJoey posted:

Amethyst Did Nothing Wrong

Eh, yospos gonna yospos, expect to get fishmeched/toried/shaggared and move on, be chill, maybe not issue death threats.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Lmao freep have been doing that for years with 0bama etc

Oh, I thought that was a clever short-hand for 'Nobama'. Guess I gave them a little too much credit.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Redcordial posted:

In one of my classes just last week, we had to describe a time we felt a strong sense of loss and grief, and how it felt.

Someone talked about how they lost a big game and dropped a ranking, while not being able to collect a new skin(?) in a game called League of Legends.....

In the army I faced some stupid, but this poo poo...

At least it wasn't a racist or sexist outburst, which happen far too often.

At TAFE in a first class on journalism we were asked what did we want to write about.

One boy said, and i quote, "i have two passions - video games and atheism".

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Lid posted:

At TAFE in a first class on journalism we were asked what did we want to write about.

Ben Grubb?

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Recoome posted:

Stealth marketing for halal dietary supplement Mu-Slim

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Should definitely get a trade mark on that quick.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why do people keep trying to ban my milk, Moo-Slim?!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

EvilElmo posted:

Ben Grubb?

Fuuuuuuuuck

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Lid posted:

One guy in my Media Production class (where we learn to edit videos) said he wanted to get into video game writing but acknowledged that it was an impossible field to get into. So, y'know - a video game realist.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I consciously never mentioned my love of video games in as many university courses as possible for exaclt this reason.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Cleretic posted:

I consciously never mentioned my love of video games in as many university courses as possible for exaclt this reason.

It's actually easy to mention them if you do film studies because one thing they tell you over and over is that when movies started out, no-one in academia took them seriously, they were just cheap entertainment for the lower classes, and by the time they were treated the way they are now we'd lost a bunch of movies that never got critically analysed. So tutors don't want to make the same mistake and nod their head solemnly when you talk about the gender issues in The Witcher. It's loving great!

No jobs in film studies, but.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Oh, look. The census is here. What is (insert auspol poster here) in relation to (insert auspol poster here)? Obviously a brain tumor.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Starshark posted:

No jobs in film studies, but.

:smith: My major.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I majored in it and history, got a good degree (arts with a credit average, just a fly's dick away from a distinction average), enjoyed the gently caress out of it, and now I'm doing Communications even though there's no jobs in media because I'm going to be a world-famous film director known for impenetrable horrible films that film students have to analyse. Don't worry about getting jobs, you can always go into the public service or banking or some poo poo like that. Do a degree to broaden your horizons.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Or just get a masters in teaching once you're done with your undergrad! :shepicide:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Cleretic posted:

I got marked down for my HSC choices on the topic of Utopia.

Watchmen and Transmetropolitan.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-09/brendon-grylls-elected-nationals-leader-in-wa/7706490?section=wa

Brendon Grylls, cousin of Bear, is now leader of the nats in the west in an action that was definitely not knifing the existing leader in the back, or a spill motion.

In somewhat good news, he favours taxing big miners a hell of a lot more, and not supporting the libs, unless Emperor Colin steps down.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Frogmanv2 posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-09/brendon-grylls-elected-nationals-leader-in-wa/7706490?section=wa

Brendon Grylls, cousin of Bear, is now leader of the nats in the west in an action that was definitely not knifing the existing leader in the back, or a spill motion.

In somewhat good news, he favours taxing big miners a hell of a lot more, and not supporting the libs, unless Emperor Colin steps down.

I hope he doesn't tax piss.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico

The Peccadillo posted:

The majority of people who start undergraduates in psychology studies are psychotic and strange control freaks, who also gum up the works of the philosophy departments, and do not last long. Genuinely capable and interested people are rare and beautiful and cool as hell

To clarify: you're the former and gently caress off

Uhh, okay?

I'm not sure what I said exactly that seemed to annoy you so much, and I'm not talking about 1st year students here in case you think I'm somehow unfairly venting about young students?

You could have you know, left some advice if you think I'm clogging up your precious posts, or just contributed like many others have.

I'll probably last quite long though, in case you were really wondering. My peers keep telling me how painful it is to go on to masters of psych and beyond, and I love torturing myself and my grades are much higher than I expected, so there's that.

Redcordial fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 9, 2016

blacksun
Mar 16, 2006
I told Cwapface not to register me with a title that said I am a faggot but he did it anyway because he likes to tell the truth.
If one were to theoretically not want to complete the census tonight, how would said person achieve this without being fined?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

blacksun posted:

If one were to theoretically not want to complete the census tonight, how would said person achieve this without being fined?

Eat assorted kebabs and halal snack packs until midnight. I recommend substituting chili for sweet chili if you're a coward like me, and Tabouli goes great on everything. Try a Falafel roll as well.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

blacksun posted:

I've been busy and didn't even notice that I wasn't sent a form.

Turns out, you have about a month to complete it (currently sourcing that, gimme like 5 minutes)

e. here we go

http://help.census.abs.gov.au/help/popquestions#backtotop

quote:

Can I complete the Census before or after 9 August?
The Census needs to be completed in relation to Census night, but can be completed in the days leading up to or following Tuesday 9 August.

If you forget, we will remind you to complete the Census after 9 August. You will not be fined if you complete the Census after Census night.

What do I do if I haven't received my letter or paper form yet?
If you don’t receive your Census letter or paper form by Aug 9, just complete it as soon as you get it. You will not be fined if you complete it and return it after Census night. Census Field Officers will begin visiting households that have not completed the Census from late-August to ensure that everyone can take part.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

A woman at my WFTD said she'd put herself down as Christian even though she's atheist "to stop those bloody Muslims having more say". :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

ewe2 posted:

A woman at my WFTD said she'd put herself down as Christian even though she's atheist "to stop those bloody Muslims having more say". :ughh:

I worry heaps that the Muslims are going to get a fully-government-funded Mosque and ahahahahaha I can't keep this up

• Locked thread