Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I tried out Jakes some more today and i'm convinced she's not very good.

Hopefully our next Warcaster plays/supports a ranged game and isn't another dumpster tier melee meathead. eSiege on a huge base artillery piece please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

fadam posted:

I tried out Jakes some more today and i'm convinced she's not very good.

Hopefully our next Warcaster plays/supports a ranged game and isn't another dumpster tier melee meathead. eSiege on a huge base artillery piece please.

I am literally incapable of believing a caster with Positive Charge is bad.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So... does anyone have a summary of how exactly Salt Pillars changed? I know they aren't exactly structures anymore, but beyond that I'm not sure if there are any goofy ramifications.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Feel like I'm out of The loop but what is the deal with wurmwood right now. I've been hearing that he's nuts everywhere.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

LordAba posted:

So... does anyone have a summary of how exactly Salt Pillars changed? I know they aren't exactly structures anymore, but beyond that I'm not sure if there are any goofy ramifications.

You're allowed to charge them and none of the weird minimum damage requirements on ranged attacks apply anymore.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rydiafan posted:

You're allowed to charge them and none of the weird minimum damage requirements on ranged attacks apply anymore.

Well, both of those changes kind of sucks. Still, they should be annoying enough. I'll have to double check, but you still get the bonus damage for slamming people into them I hope.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

w00tmonger posted:

Feel like I'm out of The loop but what is the deal with wurmwood right now. I've been hearing that he's nuts everywhere.

Turns out that being able to create a 15ish inch radius forest is rather powerful. Throw in Lanyssa to prevent models from having pathfinder, and Hunter and eyeless sight being nerfed, and pre-measuring and for most lists it is a turn of not being able to do anything except move at half speed. This can completely shut you out of scenario and allow the circle player to have pretty much 2 turns in a row. Basically the same problem that Haley2 had, and yet possibly even worse now.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

rydiafan posted:

If we ever get reach infantry that aren't total buttcheeks maybe. It is such a pain in the rear end to get SKs in the bubble after feat turn.

Maybe with more practice I'll like her more, but if someone is really looking for a Positive Charge caster i have no idea why they wouldn't just take eStryker.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

fadam posted:

If we ever get reach infantry that aren't total buttcheeks maybe. It is such a pain in the rear end to get SKs in the bubble after feat turn.

Maybe with more practice I'll like her more, but if someone is really looking for a Positive Charge caster i have no idea why they wouldn't just take eStryker.

Run a couple extra fireflies as PC targets, or a Lancer/Thorn to arc onto itself. Also, 3" is farther than it seems. I usually deploy my jacks centrally with half of my SK's on one side of a heavy and half on the other so they can spread out a bit and still get lots of value out of it.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

rydiafan posted:

Cygnar sucks in melee and must always be the shooty faction. Any melee caster in Cygnar is absolute trash tier.

/sarcasm

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I beat stryker2 yesterday with zerkova1. Her feat reaaaaally fucks with cygnar.

Anyways i have been eyeballing circle lately. What are the thoughts and opinions on morvanha2? She seems pretty neat, what with how much Prowl is available in circle.

I was thinkin something like this...

Morv2
-Brennos
-Warpwolf stalker
-Gorax rager

Gallows Grove
Reeve Hunter
Wolf Lord Morraig

Death Wolves
Reeves
-UA
Druids
-UA

I'm probably short on beasts?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

gannyGrabber posted:

I beat stryker2 yesterday with zerkova1. Her feat reaaaaally fucks with cygnar.

Anyways i have been eyeballing circle lately. What are the thoughts and opinions on morvanha2? She seems pretty neat, what with how much Prowl is available in circle.

I was thinkin something like this...

Morv2
-Brennos
-Warpwolf stalker
-Gorax rager

Gallows Grove
Reeve Hunter
Wolf Lord Morraig

Death Wolves
Reeves
-UA
Druids
-UA

I'm probably short on beasts?

What was your pzerk list. I want deets. She seems cool as all hell now. How many grave door arcs did you do, and when you got grave door on one of his things did you announce it in a Vincent price voice?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

albany academy posted:

What was your pzerk list. I want deets. She seems cool as all hell now. How many grave door arcs did you do, and when you got grave door on one of his things did you announce it in a Vincent price voice?

I grave door'd nothing because her rat is terrible. I did kill stryker with a 17" hex blast, though! And i hex blasted his drat polarity thingy. Here is my list as it stands...

Zerko1
-Sylas
-Juggernaut
-Beast09
Kovnik Andy
-Kodiak
Iron Fang Kovnik
Kovnik Joe
Iron Fang Pikemen
-UA
Winter Guard Infantry
-UA
Greylord Ternion

My warjacks had a lot of trouble getting into the fight, since Zerko doesn't have speed buffs. I'll need to figure out how to use them better.
Beast 09 is a must-have with Zerkova. All those pesky assassin warcasters think twice when they are staring down a 70% chance of getting crit frozen during Watcher.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Saalkin posted:

Gonna try this on the weekend.

Cryx

75 / 75 Army

Captain Aiakos - WJ: +29
- The Withershadow Combine - Maelovus, Admonia & Tremulus: 9
- Kraken - PC: 36 (Battlegroup Points Used: 29)
- Reaper - PC: 13
- Reaper - PC: 13

Pistol Wraith - PC: 5
Warwitch Siren - PC: 4
Warwitch Siren - PC: 4
Necrotech - PC: 2
Soul Trapper - PC: 1

Bane Warriors - Leader & 9 Grunts: 17

---

GENERATED : 08/05/2016 08:19:30
BUILD ID : 2023.16-07-31

This list is getting slaughter vs a rhulic armour spam list.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Have Iron Gauntlet lists been posted anywhere?

E: lol didnt realize it's Mk2, I thought JVM had pulled some dark magic to Make Legion Great Again in Mk3

Magres fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 8, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
What if kossites and manhunters with treewalker are the secret anti-wurmwood tech that will change the meta

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

chutche2 posted:

What if kossites and manhunters with treewalker are the secret anti-wurmwood tech that will change the meta

I'm not sure whether to :getout: or :getin: or :catdrugs:

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
we have spell draft coming up

I hope someone is brave enough to play wurmwood

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Came up with the stronkest list ever.

Kreuger1
-Storm Raptor
-Woldwrath
Gallows Grove
Gallows Grove
Druid mistriders (min)
Druid mistriders (min)

All lightning all day

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Saalkin posted:

This list is getting slaughter vs a rhulic armour spam list.

Do you have any sort of battle report? Only those are my two factions

S.J.
May 19, 2008

What were the changes to points that people were doing for Journeyman Leagues?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I think 15 instead of 10?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

albany academy posted:

I think 15 instead of 10?

Was that the only difference? I mean that's sweet if so.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
We just switched to 0 15 30 45 60 75 because it's trivial to remember.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I just removed all of the unit type restrictions and allowed them to drop one card worth of stuff between each week.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I just told em what the hell do I care, do whatever, were all gonna die eventually

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

xiw posted:

We just switched to 0 15 30 45 60 75 because it's trivial to remember.

What PP should have done for the league, but for some reason decided to make poo poo far more complicated than it had to be.

Insert the final nail in the coffin that is Three Years of Playtesting joke here.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

TheInvisiblePooka posted:

Insert the final nail in the coffin that is Three Years of Playtesting joke here.

*types "#designspace" into comment box on Facebook, leans back and smiles smugly*

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Pyrolocutus posted:

*types "#designspace" into comment box on Facebook, leans back and smiles smugly*

*gets PG status revoked for poo poo posting on an AMA*

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Kreoss 1 makes me want to play Menoth. What a fun caster.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Ugh. So far today Elara has arrived, been assembled, soaked and rinsed, been primed, and then I just spent the past 2-3 hours going crosseyed painting her. Waiting for wash #1 to dry before I can do wash #2 for my glowy bits effect. Also need to do the silver bumps still, before wash #2...Turning out OK for being essentially speed painted so she is ready for gaming night tomorrow.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Post pics

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I generally am not big on sharing pics of my paint jobs because they suck, but...

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Khisanth Magus posted:

I generally am not big on sharing pics of my paint jobs because they suck, but...

She's anime as gently caress.

TesseractMinotaur
Nov 6, 2012
Am I the only one who wonders how Elara swings that scythe without impaling herself on the other end? Maybe the blood from blood boon come from her.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

S.J. posted:

*gets PG status revoked for poo poo posting on an AMA*

What? Are you serious?

Maybe this is a reference i just don't know?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Fuuuuuck haley2's horseshit feat.

But I guess it's OK since I was smart enough to hols on to malakovs for after she used her, so we both basically had a turn of doing very little to eachother.

Also poison pill really shits on collossals.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

gannyGrabber posted:

But I guess it's OK since I was smart enough to hols on to malakovs for after she used her, so we both basically had a turn of doing very little to eachother.

The funny part of this is it used to be so much worse.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It's a "you can't do jack poo poo for a turn". Fuuuuck thaaaat. The one ranged jack i had he spun around with TK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

gannyGrabber posted:

This is key, if youre in a defensive feat matchup, you pretty much have to feat second or you are in big trouble. This isnt just haley2, this is pretty much all matchups. If you are out-threated by their army, it gets very tricky to manufacture. You often have to use infantry/jam/trades to try to hold them off and bait them into feating first.

Its one of the few things that balances casters like, Lucant. His army is slow as turds (if youre not counting your stuff being dragged in by a prime axiom), so you can usually get him to feat first.

Haley2 on the other hand, is incredibly fast and has a bunch of control spells, so she can force you to feat first and outthreat/control you.