Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I went to a Pokemon TCG tournament at the library and this kid brought a deck of like 500 cards and made up house rules like he could play as many energy cards per turn as he wanted and the energy type didn't matter and I didn't put my foot down and tell him to play the game right so I lost my first round and I cried on the way home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
im pretty sure no one at my school at the time actually understood how to play pokemon tcg

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I went to a Pokemon TCG tournament at the library and this kid brought a deck of like 500 cards and made up house rules like he could play as many energy cards per turn as he wanted and the energy type didn't matter and I didn't put my foot down and tell him to play the game right so I lost my first round and I cried on the way home.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I studied the rules for weeks and spent all kinds of time figuring out how to make a good deck and poo poo and when I got to the tournament and the guy was just like Uhhh yeah this is how I play at home and pulled like 20 cards on his first hand I was just too bewildered to do anything about it. I don't even remember any of the turns so he probably just put a Charizard out on the first turn and instantly won.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

I studied the rules for weeks and spent all kinds of time figuring out how to make a good deck and poo poo and when I got to the tournament and the guy was just like Uhhh yeah this is how I play at home and pulled like 20 cards on his first hand I was just too bewildered to do anything about it. I don't even remember any of the turns so he probably just put a Charizard out on the first turn and instantly won.

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i went to the books a million pokemon tcg league meetups every saturday morning and just put as many cards in my deck as i wanted, only one kid ever called me out on it and i went "oh i guess my sister messed with my deck" and then played someone else. i still have all the badges somehwere

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

seems like he worked out the best way to win at pokemon tcg

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Mentioned this one before but my sister hid in my room once while I was playing the campaign mode of ESPN NFL 2K5 and made fun of me when she overheard me saying "Oooh you are a Bad rear end!" and stuff during a draft.

lol solo gamer habits

a few years ago i was playing RE4 while my gf was working on college stuff, and she starts cracking up and shouts "EVERYTIME you fire the shotgun you swing your head back"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

lol solo gamer habits

a few years ago i was playing RE4 while my gf was working on college stuff, and she starts cracking up and shouts "EVERYTIME you fire the shotgun you swing your head back"

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Even the most calculating and calm Quake pros swing their heads back when they rocket jump. It's epic.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i sit almost motionless in complete silence unless its a hard game or multiplayer in which case occasional loud swearing and the sound of me pounding my desk comes out of the room

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Mentioned this one before but my sister hid in my room once while I was playing the campaign mode of ESPN NFL 2K5 and made fun of me when she overheard me saying "Oooh you are a Bad rear end!" and stuff during a draft.

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Gamer noises are natural and should not be suppressed.

WHenveer my dad played SSX he would go loving apenuts swinging around in the chair and poo poo, moving his head and trying to get a better angle of view.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thats my favourite wormskull story and im glad he told it again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

im pretty sure no one at my school at the time actually understood how to play pokemon tcg

i think everyone just liked how cool the cards looked, the game was pretty loving complicated. i stole a shitton of cards for the game kids could actually play, yu-gi-oh

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I was playing some lovely free MMO on skype with my friends years ago and my buddy didnt know his mic was opened so everytime he did his special attack he made a little baby grunty noise. Nnf. Mmnf. NNNnf.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually I think I got house ruled in YuGiOh once at this weird kid's house but I still won and we were playing for keeps but he got really mad and had a tantrum so I just left the cards and I never played a TCG again. I did buy a bunch of Magic cards thinking I'd get into it but I never did and just like looking at the pictures now.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

since everyone is talking in this thread i wish this study was completed 20 years ago so i could show it smugly to my mum http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-09/online-gaming-can-boost-school-scores/7703070

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

i sit almost motionless in complete silence unless its a hard game or multiplayer in which case occasional loud swearing and the sound of me pounding my desk comes out of the room

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh and the time my little cousin got super pissed off at smash bros and crushed/popped a full bag of unopened doritos. Never forgave him for that.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

me 8 year old me coming home from primary school with an article printed out to show my mum i actually should be playing quake, its a form of studying

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Actually I think I got house ruled in YuGiOh once at this weird kid's house but I still won and we were playing for keeps but he got really mad and had a tantrum so I just left the cards and I never played a TCG again. I did buy a bunch of Magic cards thinking I'd get into it but I never did and just like looking at the pictures now.

my brother is really into magic and told me he "knew what autism smelled like" after his first major tournament so youre not missing out

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Your better off just playing the online client they have anyway so mostly I was just praying to get a Sheoldred card since Sheoldred is bae.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I was playing some lovely free MMO on skype with my friends years ago and my buddy didnt know his mic was opened so everytime he did his special attack he made a little baby grunty noise. Nnf. Mmnf. NNNnf.

lol. im remembering that one classic in training stream now

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Some people really ham up their gamer noises. I still talk to myself sometimes but I don't really grunt or anything unless I have a cold.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

lol. im remembering that one classic in training stream now

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i only had this mtg deck in school with an additional megatog added to it http://www.wizards.com/magic/displaythemedeck.asp?set=mirrodin&decknum=4 and i think it was the best most fun way to play the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whenever a match ends in a fighting game I tap all the buttons on my stick like a drum beat and I try to match the rhythm of the game music

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I realized this because Guilty Gear replays let you see inputs overlay on the match and I realized I think everybody does this because right when the match is over both sides of the screen explode with every button and direction being pushed 20 times a second lol.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I realized this because Guilty Gear replays let you see inputs overlay on the match and I realized I think everybody does this because right when the match is over both sides of the screen explode with every button and direction being pushed 20 times a second lol.

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I constantly talk/sing while gaming but bae is usually there so it's not weird

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The only time I ever beat morrowinds main quest I used the console to teleport myself for the last few nerevarine quests because you have to run across the whole {^##+## map and I was 16 and too stupid to understand mark and recall

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I usually game in complete stillness and silence, unless it's an involved sword fighting game with like dodges and parries and stuff like Dark Souls or The Witcher 3 or something in which case I immediately turn into DemoniusX in his "killing women in Postal 2" video.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Benny D posted:

The only time I ever beat morrowinds main quest I used the console to teleport myself for the last few nerevarine quests because you have to run across the whole {^##+## map and I was 16 and too stupid to understand mark and recall

You move so slow in that game that your better off teleporting anyway.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Playing morrowind without fixing your movement speed with console commands is not a good time

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i once woke up my neighbour at 4 in the morning after they had finished a 22 hour flight playing counter strike extremely drunk, shouting and laughing with random 14 year olds in mm

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i only know this because i was so loud i didnt hear them knocking on my door so they left a note and then moved out a month later

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Le Toxic Neighbor strikes again.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think I got so mad at uhh... Probably TF2 or something but I yelled something real loud and the old lady downstairs started slamming a broom handle into her ceiling for 5 minutes and then a few months later she OD'd on pain medication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I think I got so mad at uhh... Probably TF2 or something but I yelled something real loud and the old lady downstairs started slamming a broom handle into her ceiling for 5 minutes and then a few months later she OD'd on pain medication.

noisy apartment gamers unite

• Locked thread