Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
DS9 episode The Siege. Every single starfleet officer volunteers to stay behind and defend the station, including decorated war hero O'Brien. So naturally, Cake Hole yells at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Voyager Double Feature

"Tom Paris marries a 6 year old, they have a baby that Ensign Kim fucks less than a year later, having his own baby with a 2 year old. Up Next Torres murders the Doctor's daughter because she was irritated"

It's been staring at us in the face for the past 20 years. Voyager takes place entirely in the Mirror universe. Every one of Janeway's decisions makes sense now.

:golfclap:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Voyager didn't do a Mirror episode, but they did an episode where Janeway is a steel-boxed badass, the Doctor is an Android and Seven of Nine has a a Borg army.

Which is almost as good right right.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FilthyImp posted:

Voyager didn't do a Mirror episode, but they did an episode where Janeway is a steel-boxed badass, the Doctor is an Android and Seven of Nine has a a Borg army.

Which is almost as good right right.

Which episode was that? I don't remember that one.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

what the gently caress

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
people have this weird obsessive hate for Keiko and it's not nearly as funny as they think it is

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Which episode was that? I don't remember that one.

The one where the doctor's program (or backup program I guess) is found by people in the 29th century or something, and he's in a museum dedicated to the warship Voyager.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

people have this weird obsessive hate for Keiko and it's not nearly as funny as they think it is

Binge watch the show and tell me she ain't tiresome.

And it is funny.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

The Endbringer posted:

The one where the doctor's program (or backup program I guess) is found by people in the 29th century or something, and he's in a museum dedicated to the warship Voyager.

That episode is great if nothing else but for the small touches, like the oversized comm-badges and the like.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

criscodisco posted:

That episode is great if nothing else but for the small touches, like the oversized comm-badges and the like.

It also has Best Janeway Hair, full-faced Chakotay tribal tattoo with some bullshit about "yes my people are total nonviolent, but Android Doctor Holomengele will melt your corneas and turn you into a science project if you don't surrender!"

Harry Kim is still a chode.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Keiko O'Brien is the Skyler White of Star Trek

Except Miles has no ambitions.

And former-student Nog doesn't have a drug problem.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

she isn't gonna gently caress you bro

naem
May 29, 2011

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

Keiko O'Brien is the Skyler White of Star Trek

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I am the one who drinks

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i've never never seen ds9 and keiko was only in like 3 episodes of tng but i hate the poo poo out of her. that might just be because i'm racist though

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

I don't remember the level of animosity Keiko had at the time it originally aired. It seems to have materialized years later. Much like the realization that you've been stuck in an unhealthy, abusive relationship until years after the fact.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's just one of those things that gets amplified to bizarre levels by people talking about it on the internet.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

i'm gonna call off my wedding but instead of talking to my fiancee about it i'm just gonna have this android do it for me

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i've never never seen ds9 and keiko was only in like 3 episodes of tng but i hate the poo poo out of her. that might just be because i'm racist though

in DS9 the joke is that you can hear Keiko screaming at O'Brien through the bulkheads (literal thing that happens multiple times.) Quark complains because his giant ears can pick up the constant screaming matches.

Nearly everything she does or says is arguing with or trying to stop the plot from happening

Weird how bad writing giving a character one dimension, one bad dimension, makes them universally unlikable.

I'm sure that it's some weird obsession and not that she is used as a plot tool to insert drama into the script by having her harangue O'Brien over ever decision he makes.

Gul Dukat is 1000% more likeable than her and he is Space Hitler. The Borg are more likable than her because occasionally a drone falls down and inserts some humor into the story or a main character gets to crack jokes at them in the face of their mechanical hivemind.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

hell yes fat shat bringin the red meat

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Fat Shat Sings posted:

in DS9 the joke is that you can hear Keiko screaming at O'Brien through the bulkheads (literal thing that happens multiple times.) Quark complains because his giant ears can pick up the constant screaming matches.

Nearly everything she does or says is arguing with or trying to stop the plot from happening

Weird how bad writing giving a character one dimension, one bad dimension, makes them universally unlikable.

I'm sure that it's some weird obsession and not that she is used as a plot tool to insert drama into the script by having her harangue O'Brien over ever decision he makes.

Gul Dukat is 1000% more likeable than her and he is Space Hitler. The Borg are more likable than her because occasionally a drone falls down and inserts some humor into the story or a main character gets to crack jokes at them in the face of their mechanical hivemind.

All of this.

In TNG, we only really saw her a few times. In one, her fiance dumps her just before the wedding, and didn't even have the balls to tell her. Another time she's been transformed into a pre-teen, not much older than her daughter. Both those times it would be perfectly acceptable to be a bitch about things, but since they hadn't written her any other stories it's all we know about her.

Then in ds9 she's arguing a point that I think we would all agree with, that Kai Winn needs to keep religion out of her classroom. The only reason we don't applaud her is because we only see her being shrill.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of Keiko, but it's only because Trek never have me a chance to be.

I'd like to make a joke here, probably something about yellow fever or something else terribly offensive, but I'm on day 3 of quitting smoking and frankly I'd rather just kill all of you and also everybody else I've ever met. Also my pot girl is in India until Wednesday.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Also the real plot of Trek, "let's poo poo on O'brien", wouldn't have been nearly as effective if he went home to Christy Turlington and all she wanted to do was gargle his jizz.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Wait, not Christy Turlington. She's stunning head-on, but bitch can't pull off a profile pic to save her life.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
No chin, that's Christy Turlington's problem.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

I thought it was Keiko who just decided to not get married, tell her fiancé the wedding was off through an intermediary, and then change her mind. There was something trying to destroy the Enterprise and that could exacerbate pre wedding jitters.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Automatic Slim posted:

I thought it was Keiko who just decided to not get married,

uh yeah i just said this. what the gently caress criscodisco take the vaporizer out of your rear end long enough to read my goddamn post.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Oh yeah, sorry. Y'all are completely right.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Either way, Data shoulda kept his giant loving mouth shut about it.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

also i think a lot of us have that friend who's fun as hell to hang out with but the second his wife shows up she bitches him out and he totally shuts down and gives you that "i'd love to keep partying but what can i do" face and we're all bummed because god drat steve was a fuckin riot before he married that bipolar piece of poo poo

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Poor Data. Stuck in the middle of someone else's relationship drama. Should've been the first clue on the way to "gently caress this I wanna be human poo poo".

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
They should have had Data feel bad about that girl breaking up with him years later in Generations when he first used his emotions chip.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

nah he should've just finally hated keiko along with the rest of us

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The emotion chip had to be taken from data because he spent every chipped minute, drunk on nanite broth, bawling his eyes out while running the Tasha Yar holodeck memorial and listening to Roy Orbison songs.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

wait you meant data's girlfriend ok ya

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

I'm sure Riker had a few Tasha Yar programs.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

riker is the only guy on star trek i don't believe used the holodeck to get laid

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

oh no wait the binary race programmed a plain looking woman that totally seduced him even though he was slamming rear end all over the galaxy, so who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

riker is the only guy on star trek i don't believe used the holodeck to get laid

Oh yah for sure. He got over Minuet in a heartbeat.

Riker's first ever minute of spare time was jerking off to a harp recital.

The man burned out more holo-emitters than the borg at Wolf 359