Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Thanks for the answers everyone. So basically it comes down to The Crobbler being a moron as usual and just talking shite. Lovely stuff.

What was the question again? Your conclusion is 100% correct though and applicable.

e: catte instances:

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Imgur seems rekt at the moment, so an addendum from /r/Dereksmart:

:ughh:

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Ghostlight posted:

I thought you meant Spector, who has started work on System Shock 3, but in fact it turns out that director/programmer Tony Zurovec is on the RSI website credited as the creator of Crusader despite not having design or writing credits on the game.

That's the guy, I thought I recognised his name. Wikipedia credits him as director and programmer, if that's accurate then this is a sad turn of events because I liked those games. Why did you throw your lot in with this dumpster fire, Tony, when you could have been kickstarting a new crusader game? :smith:

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Teikanmi posted:

What are the odds that the tickler is Chris himself? 2:1? 3:1?
Include in your estimate a preference for black clothes.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Completely 100% rolling over when faced with an internet slap fight with Derek but just acting like you won anyway is a time honored tactic, even the lord mandalore must take refuge in it

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Crazy Achmed posted:

That's the guy, I thought I recognised his name. Wikipedia credits him as director and programmer, if that's accurate then this is a sad turn of events because I liked those games. Why did you throw your lot in with this dumpster fire, Tony, when you could have been kickstarting a new crusader game? :smith:

Apparently he hasn't worked on games since, he's in good company.

It's probably for the best.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

No Mods No Masters posted:

Completely 100% rolling over when faced with an internet slap fight with Derek but just acting like you won anyway is a time honored tactic, even the lord mandalore must take refuge in it

not engaging with Derek in a slapfight is winning

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

From what page?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Years ago I worked at a chemical distribution company as their warehouse manager. I also picked up some extra cash by cleaning the offices twice a week. Vacuuming was a pain in the rear end, because the owner decided the entire office should have a deep pile carpet. Anyway, I started seeing mouse poo poo in the kitchen and called the exterminator. The owner, ever the sensitive animal lover, insisted on glue traps because they're "not as cruel" as the other types. Nobody could convince her otherwise. So one day I went into work early and saw one of the glue traps upside down in the corner and poo poo, that's going to be a problem. I put on some rubber gloves, grabbed a trash bag, and started slowly peeling the trap off the carpet. And that's when I realized there was still a live mouse stuck to both the trap and the carpet that I was now pulling apart. The sound of wet velcro combined with the tiny screams of a dismembered rodent. I tried to do it as quickly as possible, like a band-aid, but it was still pretty loving horrifying. I took the bag out back into the alley and, after trying in vain to bury it, not realizing that there was a layer of concrete under the dirt out there, I just put it in the dumpster and closed the lid.

Anyway, in all seriousness, how does Ben Lesnick take a poo poo?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Did anyone post the Sandi murdering people snuff film yet?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Years ago I worked at a chemical distribution company as their warehouse manager. I also picked up some extra cash by cleaning the offices twice a week. Vacuuming was a pain in the rear end, because the owner decided the entire office should have a deep pile carpet. Anyway, I started seeing mouse poo poo in the kitchen and called the exterminator. The owner, ever the sensitive animal lover, insisted on glue traps because they're "not as cruel" as the other types. Nobody could convince her otherwise. So one day I went into work early and saw one of the glue traps upside down in the corner and poo poo, that's going to be a problem. I put on some rubber gloves, grabbed a trash bag, and started slowly peeling the trap off the carpet. And that's when I realized there was still a live mouse stuck to both the trap and the carpet that I was now pulling apart. The sound of wet velcro combined with the tiny screams of a dismembered rodent. I tried to do it as quickly as possible, like a band-aid, but it was still pretty loving horrifying. I took the bag out back into the alley and, after trying in vain to bury it, not realizing that there was a layer of concrete under the dirt out there, I just put it in the dumpster and closed the lid.

:catstare:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

D1E posted:

i would share it but i cant let go of my dick

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

MedicineHut posted:

What was the question again? Your conclusion is 100% correct though and applicable.

look at all those fuckkin cats. just look at them

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

MedicineHut posted:

Was the stuff he said about peeping through a window of a ship and seeing in to another instance possible. I should have known better but he's been talking about it for so long I wrongly assumed it might have merit.

They haven't really added or broken anything new for quite a while now and it's very boring. I don't really care about the private lives of of the employees and really just want to see garbage released and the insane backers convincing themselves it's great and ploughing more money in to it. Hopefully Gamescom will put a few more scraps of janky development on the table.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

And I thought the time I felt bad for a centipede, which I'm terrified of, that I accidentally cut in half while killing was bad.

I feel grief.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

fnox
May 19, 2013

elixwhitetail where u at my dude, come shill in this thread too

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Apocadall posted:

You're still trained to not aim at anything you don't intend to destroy in the infantry as of 2010 at least. There are a lot of rules to follow when it comes to engagement, and that's part of trying to maintain or develop a professional military. Also we always wore three point slings so we just let our rifles rest against our chest if we needed to use our hands. The sling kept it in a position it was quick to engage if need be.

Star Citizen can't even get 2010 tech in their space game, see also drones and remote operated turrets.

Coming to this from 5 pages back: What branch were you "infantry" in?

When I went through training the thought was, in any situation where unknowns were present, you had your weapon up and at the ready while moving through a house/building and really only deviated from that position to avoid extreme flagging of your squad mates. If we moved into a house and needed to utilize our flashlights for any number of reasons, it was violence of action and not sneaking around in the dark that kept us alive. The flashlights stayed on.

It was also incredibly rare to see someone actually using the issued 3 point sling when a one-point provided the same maneuverability without the potential for becoming snagged or looped in your gear.

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

Jfc :stonk:

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

Reposting best dogge :kimchi:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
lol, this was ryan archered, right? Right?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

MeLKoR posted:

The Donuts are a lie!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

gently caress what a happy dog

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

But there is no RTV: July 18th 2016 on youtube. :tinfoil:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D1E posted:

We figure there's like a 90% chance CIG will gently caress up and play it instead of their new and improved Gary Parpman speech at Gamescam

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm desperately trying to catch up with the thread, still I couldn't let this go unmentioned.

:worship:

e:

Hahahaha, they just keep coming. Oh my loving god, I'm dying here.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 9, 2016

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

Of course it was. Sandi wouldn't really stand next to a black man.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

MeLKoR posted:

I'm desperately trying to catch up with the thread, still I couldn't let this go unmentioned.

e:

:rolleyes:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

gently caress what a happy dog

It took him a little while but then he decided he was super into jumping in the pool.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

How does Elite D deal with a hundred different players trying to be in the exact same spot on the server?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

kikkelivelho posted:

How does Elite D deal with a hundred different players trying to be in the exact same spot on the server?
Instances them. With some creative use of game mechanics I think people managed to get 50? in the same instance for the big Saggitarius A gathering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I9Bl2bsObA

That's the most I've ever heard of, anyway.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Heyyyy moma. Any expectations for citcon or gamescom reveals that, if absent, will concern you about the progress of the game? Or are you happy for them to get up on stage and fart for a solid 20 minutes and you'll respond with "well they certainly do seem to be making plenty of progress!"

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Chocobo posted:

Instances them. With some creative use of game mechanics I think people managed to get 50? in the same instance for the big Saggitarius A gathering.

Yeah I figured it would be something like that. I assume you can't interact with or "see" into other instances in any way. tbh 50 players in an instance wouldn't even be that bad if larger ships only needed 2 or 3 crew members but croberts decided manned turrets were the future.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Chocobo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I9Bl2bsObA

That's the most I've ever heard of, anyway.

101 players in one instance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfa6ktnuEdo

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

MeLKoR posted:

e:

So what has this choad done to earn Derek's attention?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Chalks posted:

Heyyyy moma. Any expectations for citcon or gamescom reveals that, if absent, will concern you about the progress of the game? Or are you happy for them to get up on stage and fart for a solid 20 minutes and you'll respond with "well they certainly do seem to be making plenty of progress!"

None. The game is not coming out. gently caress life, gently caress Roberts, yada yada.

Lol j/k. I don't know.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ask, and you shall receive.

free image host

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I liked you best when you were telling us the Tale of the ToS. That was some mighty fine shilling, I mean it fell flat because no one is buying what you're selling but I can still appreciate the dedication you put into it. Writing so many words for an audience that you know sees right through you speaks highly of your loyalty in face of adversity. I'd hire you to shill for me, man.

e: I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you are getting some sort of payment for this

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Beet Wagon posted:

It took him a little while but then he decided he was super into jumping in the pool.

I wish I could be as excited about something as that dog is about swimming pools :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/W5o4Woo.gifv

• Locked thread