Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

punk wrote a thing on his livejournal 13 years ago and marks are still gettin worked by it

~best in the world~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
What makes this a little more than a foregone conclusion of Punk getting destroyed to me is that Gall is more comfortable in grappling and Punk has more experience there than striking himself. It could be a fairly contested bad kickboxing match until they grapple and maybe also be competitive there as well. I would think it's a guaranteed KO of Punk if he was fighting a guy with lots of striking competition experience newly getting into MMA, but it's likely Gall is a trash tier fighter as well by UFC standards with a big mouth and can't yet smoke a CM Punk as we'd be hyped to think.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kurohashi posted:

What makes this a little more than a foregone conclusion of Punk getting destroyed to me is that Gall is more comfortable in grappling and Punk has more experience there than striking himself. It could be a fairly contested bad kickboxing match until they grapple and maybe also be competitive there as well. I would think it's a guaranteed KO of Punk if he was fighting a guy with lots of striking competition experience newly getting into MMA, but it's likely Gall is a trash tier fighter as well by UFC standards with a big mouth and can't yet smoke a CM Punk as we'd be hyped to think.

There's a little spark of hope that maybe all the times he got lit up in those smokers, he was defeated in a different way each time.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

cams posted:

punk wrote a thing on his livejournal

how embarrassing

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

coconono posted:

There's a little spark of hope that maybe all the times he got lit up in those smokers, he was defeated in a different way each time.

Superman will have to sacrifice himself to defeat Dorksday.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Cm punk should have fought James Tony or something, he's going to get his rear end kicked by a real mma fighter. Probably tap to strikes in the 1st minute

Alternatively, Dan Quinn. Dan would challenge him again after each loss and Punk could easily rack up enough wins for a title shot.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Maitreya would knock him out

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Skip My Posts posted:

Maitreya would knock him out

Put it like this Phil Brooks, I would own your rear end in a Cage on Wheels, strikes only no GTS. Speak on it John Cena.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

IcePhoenix posted:

this is the wrong thread but lol CM Punk

Actually this is the right thread to lol at CM Punk

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Idk if this is old news but today on reddit Joe Lauzon said that he heard Punk has lost all 12 smokers he's been in. How can he not pull out if that is true?

I like Punk a lot and hope he does well, but this just seems like egomaniacal insanity. The only plausible explanation is that both he and the UFC know he's gonna get murdered but its a good payday

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Idk if this is old news but today on reddit Joe Lauzon said that he heard Punk has lost all 12 smokers he's been in. How can he not pull out if that is true?

I like Punk a lot and hope he does well, but this just seems like egomaniacal insanity. The only plausible explanation is that both he and the UFC know he's gonna get murdered but its a good payday

Dude's chasing a dream and most likely getting paid as gently caress in the process, not a bad life.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Because he's getting paid. He's a pro wrestler, he's used to getting paid to lose, why should he care if it's for real this time? Money is money is money.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

He's fulfilling a dream he's had for a while (he's loved MMA for a long time and especially the UFC and wanted to be a part of it) and being paid decent. As long as he's not actually murdered, it'll be fine, and the last thing he'll want to do is quit even if it wasn't

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Pay me a million bucks and you can beat the poo poo outta me all day

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Pay me a million bucks and you can beat the poo poo outta me all day

I shame this kink

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think Phillip "CM Punk" Brooks will win knockout of the nightvictim

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think Phillip "CM Punk" Brooks will win knockout of the nightvictim

They don't do knockout or submission of the night. It's Fight of the Night, and Performance of the Night, and that makes sure the bonus money stays up the card.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's just going to be that good of a KO they'll bring it back.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

At the very least it'll give Gall's career a big boost.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

At the very least it'll give Gall's career a big boost.

I hope they give him a good shake afterwards.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I hope they give him a good shake afterwards.

I could use a good shake! Maybe not 5 dollars good, but you know pretty good.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Bartender: I'll give you the chance to tell me the truth, what do you want to drink?

Punk::raising his fists right in the bartenders face:: What does my shoulder say?!

Bartender: What do ::gets cut off by a very angry Punk::

Punk: WHAT. DOES. MY. SHOULDER. SAY?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

*CM Punk" posted:

"...We'll see how smart you are when the K-9 comes"
Thursday January 8th 2004, Baltimore Maryland

Allison Danger picks up the inoccent looking Punk rock wrestling hooligan who hasn't slept on a Wednesday night in the past three months at the Baltimore airport. What follows is their story. Names have been mostly made up due to Punks hatred for officers of "the law"...

So yeah, I let Allison drive my car, and she doesn't crash it, so we celebrate by me getting pulled over for (are you ready for this?).....
:drum roll:
Driving too close to the vehicle in front of me.
At least that's what the very clean cut looking officer who more than likely winds down his hard days "work" by downing a case of beer and beating his wife silly because he's embarassed he can't help his 8 year old with his math homework told me. I was told that I was following one and a half car lengths behind the guy that cut me off, when I was supposed to be following him TWO car lengths.
Officer Douche Mcallister asks me the usual questions, and the entire conversation went exactly like this:

Pig McBlueboy: Do you have anything in the car in the way of drugs or weapons?
Punk: Nope.
PM: Okay, i'm going to go run your license, just sit tight...
Punk: No worries.
::Idiot cop walks back to his car::
...in the meantime, another squad pulls up...
Punk: Figures they'd need two cars for something as stupid as this. I can't believe he's writing me a ticket for something this stupid.
Allison Danger (looking in the side mirror of my car): Um, Punker, I want you to keep calm.
Punk: Huh? I am calm, I just think it's stupid that (Punk sees that the second squad is a K-9 unit) WHAT THE gently caress?!?!?!?
Allison: Punk, just keep cool!
Punk: gently caress that, I don't....OH...OH! You've got to be kidding me!
::Officer #2 approachs my car with his DRUG DOG::
Punk rolls down passanger side window and yells at cop
Punk: ARE YOU RIBBING ME? GET THAT loving DOG AWAY FROM MY CAR!
::officer does'nt respond::
Punk: Serisouly, are you loving kidding me? Hey!
::officer starts to knock on Punks car with his hands::
Punk: Okay, Okay! Honestly, you loving DICK, get the gently caress away from my car, or i'll eat your dog.
::Officer #1 approachs Punks car once the dog and officer #2 are dog circling the car::
Officer Dickhead: Can I ask you to step out of the car?
Punk: Absolutely not.
Officer rear end in a top hat: Well, I need to explain this to you...
Punk: Do it with me in the car
Officer Bitchass: Well, can you step out of the car...
Punk: Ya know what, fine...
Now this is where it gets fairly hilarious people. I literally step out of the car, and once i'm fully stood up, i'm at least a foot taller than this cop. The look on his face was priceless. He takes a step back, and I poo poo you not, gulps. I'd imagine i'm horribly frighting looking by this point, because i'm legit furious that this little bullshit profile stop of my car results in a drug dog harassment. He backs up, never taking his eyes off me, and I nearly back him into traffic...
Officer Justshitinhispants: Um...this is your warning.
Punk: Great ::turns to walk away::
Officer Banana Brains: You need to take this, but before I give it to you, what do you want to tell me about what's in your car?
Punk (now turning green): What?
Officer pleasedontkillme: Is there anything in the car you want to tell me about, I'll give you the chance to tell me the truth, why were you in Nashville?
Punk::raising his fists right in the cops face:: What do my knuckles say?!
Cop: Why were you ::gets cut off by a very angry Punk::
Punk: WHAT. DO. MY. KNUCKLES. SAY?
a very sad looking police man: Drug free.
Punk: Exactly, so i'm a little offended about the dog right now.
Copper: Um...okay, well, here's your warning, have a nice day
Punk: Go gently caress yourself.

Reading this back now, it doen't even do it justice. Allison was sure that I was going to jail due to the way I was freaking out
Every day of my life is like this. Never slowing down, always topping the day before. Life is hard, and I hate politics.
Jimmy Rave is going bald.
Bill Behrens is a sonofabitch.
And I, soon to be the leader of the world, am better than you.
Go play in traffic.
Also, R.I.P Sterling James Keenans girlfriends Iguana.
XxX

RIP mma poster dangersim who got probated today for asking why grown men watch pro wrestling

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

VileLL posted:

Bartender: I'll give you the chance to tell me the truth, what do you want to drink?

Punk::raising his fists right in the bartenders face:: What does my shoulder say?!

Bartender: What do ::gets cut off by a very angry Punk::

Punk: WHAT. DOES. MY. SHOULDER. SAY?

It says you're a Cobra Commander enthusiast? Do you want the drink or not sir?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Even if that's true, given Rufusport's attitude towards beginners and sparring, it's entirely possible (and even likely) that every single one of those smoker opponents was a better and more experienced fighter than Gall.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

fatherdog posted:

Even if that's true, given Rufusport's attitude towards beginners and sparring, it's entirely possible (and even likely) that every single one of those smoker opponents was a better and more experienced fighter than Gall.

put in perspective, mickey gall is roughly as experienced and successful in mma as forum poster Marching Powder

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

fatherdog posted:

Not to mention, it's smokers. They're practice. Going up against guys you might not be able to beat and trying poo poo you're not sure will work, against an opponent is who absolutely resisting you to the fullest rather than maybe holding back like a gym-mate who knows you have a match coming up would, could mean losses that don't matter for poo poo in the end. We won't know if he's learned anything until the fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's enjoyable to dump on the guy, but my feeling is that he's going to have the basic fundamentals and ability and might look okay for what he really is, but that he's also in his late thirties, heavily beaten up by the pro wrestling and that it's very possible that while Gall and Punk might be around the same level skill wise, Gall is not 37 or so and will take it on youth and the benefits of having it.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Liquid Communism posted:

Not to mention, it's smokers. They're practice. Going up against guys you might not be able to beat and trying poo poo you're not sure will work, against an opponent is who absolutely resisting you to the fullest rather than maybe holding back like a gym-mate who knows you have a match coming up would, could mean losses that don't matter for poo poo in the end. We won't know if he's learned anything until the fight.

By no account is that how Rufousport operates though

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I haven't kept up with MMA in a looong time, so hypothetical question: Let's say Dana White and Joe Silva stopped caring about competition and respectability, and had the opportunity to book freakshow matches that would draw money--like if retired pro wrestlers and actors wanted to fight each other. How far could they go before they faced repercussions from the athletic commissions? I'm thinking they just wouldn't medically clear a match like Giant Silva vs. Akebono.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

I haven't kept up with MMA in a looong time, so hypothetical question: Let's say Dana White and Joe Silva stopped caring about competition and respectability, and had the opportunity to book freakshow matches that would draw money--like if retired pro wrestlers and actors wanted to fight each other. How far could they go before they faced repercussions from the athletic commissions? I'm thinking they just wouldn't medically clear a match like Giant Silva vs. Akebono.

Scott Coker of Bellator is currently an active case study for this almost down to a t, and the answer is "if you cherry pick your commissions and act unethically enough to falsify medical reports, extremely and dangerously far"

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Liquid Communism posted:

actually they're smokers at a gym negligent enough to let one of their fighters die in the ring, training there is only going to accelerate punk's precipitous physical decline

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Halloween Jack posted:

RIP Kimbo Slice, almost RIP Dada 5000

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bluedeanie posted:

Scott Coker of Bellator is currently an active case study for this almost down to a t, and the answer is "if you cherry pick your commissions and act unethically enough to falsify medical reports, extremely and dangerously far"

Did it come out that they either falsified or never undertook a medical report for Dada 5000? Because that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Would the NSAC let a guy fight in a Jushin Liger mask? I'm guessing no, since they don't even allow shoes.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Halloween Jack posted:

Until someone died and possibly longer

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I would pay a bunch of money to see a roided up Brock Lesnar suplex a corpse for 3 minutes.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I would pay a bunch of money to see a roided up Brock Lesnar suplex a corpse for 3 minutes.

I believe you might be very interested in competitive Darkstalkers streams

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

This is going to be the semi main of Wrestlemania 33.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Brock's feud with Undertaker is already finished though

• Locked thread