Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I don't understand why being too scared to report your abuser becomes a character flaw when you know he's abusing someone else.

I can see how it can make the victim feel shittier but from the wife's perspective it should just be another layer of the abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lol if you woudlnt beat someone with a spatula for saying that to you in earnest

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I can see why there would be a lot of pent up frustration on your side and I could totally see why you would flat-hand slap her at that point. (Not saying that's cool, you should NEVER hit your SO, just saying I could see why.)
However, hitting her with a spatula could be seen as "attacking with a weapon", in all seriousness, I would pro-actively "lawyer up". Just in case she decides to press charges in order to milk you for money or get a better divorce deal or whatever.

Yes this is your wife and mother of your kids, but this is also about her kids at the core. If she does not trust you with them anyway, you just gave her more ammo. And chances are her parents, your friends etc. will not be on your side.
Sorry buddy, you went through a lot, but you just made it hella worse.

You could ask her to meet at your therapist (I assume you have one) so he can explain to her what she did to you by basically saying you are a future child molester, but she may say no.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
what kind of spatula would even make a decent weapon anyway? they are too light to do anything

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

City of Tampa posted:

what kind of spatula would even make a decent weapon anyway? they are too light to do anything

Do a google image search for "lasagna spatula". Mine even has a serrated edge. And don't even ask about metal BBQ spatulas. Not everybody cooks with silicone. So potentially that's bad.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Spatulas hurt but we have all seen words hurt a lot more

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm less concerned about whether he was right to not turn in his cousin and more that it seems like the last part is suggesting he wants to do a murder suicide to get rid of himself/the cousin. Unless he means take down legally, which probably isn't going to work if a large length of time has gone by since it actually happened.

e: vvv it'd still be hard I think, because as far as most courts/people are concerned in a case where it's one guy's word against a cop's word, the cop is more likely to be given the benefit of the doubt. Still worth a shot I guess.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 9, 2016

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Yeah, but I think you can still do a civil suit even if the statute of limitations has run out, plus with him being a cop, just being seen as a -possible- chomo would likely end his career.

The thought of a known chomo running around in a cop's uniform worries me more than anything else about this sad-rear end story.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

JnnyThndrs posted:

Yeah, but I think you can still do a civil suit even if the statute of limitations has run out, plus with him being a cop, just being seen as a -possible- chomo would likely end his career.

The thought of a known chomo running around in a cop's uniform worries me more than anything else about this sad-rear end story.

edit: not loving worth it

Cumslut1895 fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 9, 2016

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Murphy Brownback posted:

I'm less concerned about whether he was right to not turn in his cousin and more that it seems like the last part is suggesting he wants to do a murder suicide to get rid of himself/the cousin. Unless he means take down legally, which probably isn't going to work if a large length of time has gone by since it actually happened.

also the cousin being a cop means that the prosecutor is even less inclined to do anything about it.

this guy is going to end up being shot by a cop at a traffic stop if he tries to get the cousin in trouble

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't think of the hard type lasagna spatulas. I was assuming it was one of those flexible spatulas you use for pancakes. Then yeah not cool.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This is probably an academic distinction, but to "beat the poo poo out of" someone is not the same thing as to "smack the poo poo out of" someone. One implies one blow and the other implies a bunch of blows. So he didn't full-on beat his wife into submission, he just kind of snapped and whacked her one with a spatula. Neither one is something that should be accepted, of course. She's in the right to move out after that happened, but she absolutely wasn't in the right to keep their kids away from him or to say that in the first place. It's a hosed-up story and has been since we first heard the premise.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

You're making an awful lot of assumptions based on basically nothing. I've never in my life heard that either "beat/smack the poo poo out of" implied exclusively one hit.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Murphy Brownback posted:

You're making an awful lot of assumptions based on basically nothing. I've never in my life heard that either "beat/smack the poo poo out of" implied exclusively one hit.

No, I was saying that "beat" means a lot of hits and "smack" doesn't necessarily

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

loquacius posted:

No, I was saying that "beat" means a lot of hits and "smack" doesn't necessarily

Yeah but in your first post you said it definitively, like one always means once and one always means a lot. It doesn't matter whether it was 1 or 50 times in terms of wrongness but like I said you seem to be giving him a lot of credit based on semantics that not a lot of people would agree with.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

How about no one cares about your definition of abuse and let's not get the thread gassed k?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I kind of wasn't interested in starting a big long discussion over that when I posted it, sorry

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I think hitting people is bad. Sorry for the derail.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
she was asking for it imo

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
he shouldn't have hit her with the spatula he should have just wiped it on her shirt, that would make her way more angry

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Whether she deserved it or was asking for it or not, it's still gunna cause a lot of trouble and prove to her that she was right to keep him away from the kids. (not saying she WAS right in that, just that this will probably prove that to her).

I hope you're still going to therapy, and that she'll be willing to go to couples therapy with you to help work this out. Needless to say, you gotta work on not doing that poo poo again no matter how mad someone makes you, because it's just gunna make poo poo worse.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

loquacius posted:

Yeah I kind of wasn't interested in starting a big long discussion over that when I posted it, sorry

:lol: people really want to argue with you

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
didnt spongebob use his spatula as a weapon at one point

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

He mentioned she had basically expunged the fact that she said anything at all from her version of the story, I wonder if that detail is also absent from her own mental version of the incident

We can agree that hitting people is (a) bad, not good, (b) a tactical error in the argument in question, and (c) probably a death knell for a marriage that was already in trouble

also that murdering the rapist cop cousin is not a good plan, even if the anon feels like he doesn't have a lot to live for atm.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Murdering a child raping cop and committing suicide isn't the worst thing in the world. If he had life insurance for his kids and had it for over 2 years that's another benefit. Now I'm not saying he should do it, mostly cause its probably not true, but there would be some good from it.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
murder you're famil

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

china bot posted:

murder you're famil

get loving beefy you little pissbitch

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

china bot posted:

murder you're famil

:yeah:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

china bot posted:

murder you're famil

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Hopefully the confessor at least posts a Facebook status or something explaining the situation so people understand the motive for the murder suicide.

Hopefully he doesn't even do it at all, actually.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

H.H posted:

I hope the top confession is the one about the dude writing a 3 page letter.

That was my favorite one last time. I thought he said they were together and his roommate moved out and punched him. I just wanna know if he ever told her about that letter.

Edit: Maybe a title change to "Anonymous Confessions: Tell us what's up 3 page letter guy! "

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

loquacius posted:

Lastly here is a dog

i confess that i wanna pet that dog

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

loquacius posted:

This is probably an academic distinction, but to "beat the poo poo out of" someone is not the same thing as to "smack the poo poo out of" someone. One implies one blow and the other implies a bunch of blows. So he didn't full-on beat his wife into submission, he just kind of snapped and whacked her one with a spatula. Neither one is something that should be accepted, of course. She's in the right to move out after that happened, but she absolutely wasn't in the right to keep their kids away from him or to say that in the first place. It's a hosed-up story and has been since we first heard the premise.

you should change your username to "garrulous" because the word "loquacious," while an accurate description of your posts, doesn't quite convey their triviality

it doesn't matter how many times the goon hit his wife if it's a non-zero number.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Lucky Guy posted:

i confess that i wanna pet that dog

That's me as a child

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
it sounds like the wife might have been actually trying to antagonize him into hitting her, knowing it would be enormous in a custody case

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SciFiDownBeat posted:

you should change your username to "garrulous" because the word "loquacious," while an accurate description of your posts, doesn't quite convey their triviality

it doesn't matter how many times the goon hit his wife if it's a non-zero number.

It's kind of funny that you tried to restart a finished argument I already said I had no intention of having in the first place to accuse me of quibbling over trivialities, and your main point in the post where you did this was a thing I literally said in the post you quoted

but I bet it made you feel better to type it at least

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

it did make me feel better, thank you for asking

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Zorodius posted:

it sounds like the wife might have been actually trying to antagonize him into hitting her, knowing it would be enormous in a custody case

It didn't sound anything like this to me, it just sounded like the wife not wanting him alone around their kids. it didn't sound like she was actively antagonizing hi m - it sounded like they got into an argument and she finally let out bottled up feelings. As did he, I guess.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
Harley Quinn goonette that's going to get murdered by her boyfriend: PM me, I can put you in touch with some resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

CodfishCartographer posted:

It didn't sound anything like this to me, it just sounded like the wife not wanting him alone around their kids. it didn't sound like she was actively antagonizing hi m - it sounded like they got into an argument and she finally let out bottled up feelings. As did he, I guess.

her acting like he was a threat to the kids (presumably without any cause to) is pretty loving outrageous though.

He obv. expected her to be understanding and comforting about his shame and instead he gets treated like he's just one unattended hour away from molesting his own kids. I can see how someone would have a strong "gently caress you" reaction to that, esp. coming from a spouse who should be on your side or at least give you the benefit of the doubt

• Locked thread