Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Does this count as a first world problem? My doctor overdosed me on my anti-seizure meds :shepface: Turns out that when you're supposed to be taking 400mg pills twice a day, "Double your dose!" is kind of a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I can't stop eating cheese dogs. Ive been eating like 6 a day.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Real cheese or processed cheese?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Mu Zeta posted:

Real cheese or processed cheese?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Is that stylised wedge of cheese labeled "Serving Suggestion"? :psyduck:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

AlphaKretin posted:

Is that stylised wedge of cheese labeled "Serving Suggestion"? :psyduck:

I never noticed that, what the hell?

E: I just ate 2 more. I'm 115 lbs but I'm gonna be 215 soon :ohdear:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I would kill a man to be at your weight :negative: All the symptoms from dealing with the overdose will help me lose a few pounds though, surely. Puking everything non-liquid back up probably isn't the kind of help I want for it, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's a very thorough label.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

10 hot dogs is 10 servings? Who the gently caress just eats one hot dog. I could have 4.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I would kill a man to be at your weight :negative: All the symptoms from dealing with the overdose will help me lose a few pounds though, surely. Puking everything non-liquid back up probably isn't the kind of help I want for it, though.

It's honestly genetics (really). I've been this weight since high school and I'm in my 30s and I eat like crap, mostly, and sit on my rear end all day. My dad and his father are skinny as hell at 50 and 80, respectively. Granted I eat a salad without dressing-I only use 1/2 tablespoon of olive or sunflower oil-every day, but even that I use 1/3 to 1/2 a head of romaine lettuce per salad. People freak out about how big the salads I eat are. It's portions for 5-6 people really. Fwp: I eat enough for 5-6 people.

E: I did get up to ~135 when I was literally eating a loaf of bread (those brown berry loafs) plus 1/2 a chocolate cake a day

Omg I want a chocolate cake now. Where did I used to get those? Another FWP

Mu Zeta posted:

10 hot dogs is 10 servings? Who the gently caress just eats one hot dog. I could have 4.

Precisely. That's why I eat so many :circlefap:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 11:29 on Aug 7, 2016

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Lettuce is mostly water. An entire head of lettuce is only 100 calories.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm probably well enough to eat solids now. Now, if only we had anything I particularly wanted to eat.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mu Zeta posted:

Lettuce is mostly water. An entire head of lettuce is only 100 calories.

Then you get people that douse it in ranch. When I worked in a restaurant it truly amazed me how many people would be all like "I'll have a salad/just the salad bar, I need to eat healthier" then proceed to eat 1,000 calories of ranch.

I met soooooooooo many people in that line of work who were baffled that they couldn't seem to lose weight while putting ranch dressing, cheese, mayonnaise, or all of the above on everything they ate.

"It's a salad it's healthy" only works if you don't add a huge pile of dressing, cheese, and pig meat.

My current fwp is that I ended up needing to finance a car. Can't just take the bus to work; it takes an unreasonable amount of time. I hate financing cars.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Doom is taking a long time to download.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thin Privilege posted:

I can't stop eating cheese dogs. Ive been eating like 6 a day.

https://youtu.be/pmLpSY5w6u0

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

ToxicSlurpee posted:

"It's a salad it's healthy" only works if you don't add a huge pile of dressing, cheese, and pig meat.

One of my FWPs is that I know I should eat salads, but I can't stand the mouthfeel of them. Like you said, adding a pile of dressing on top to mask it undoes the point of eating salad, so I don't eat salads. I'm not 'supertaster' or whatever fatter-than-me people use to justify eating Big Macs constantly, there's just something ugh about salads, which I'd otherwise be down to eating more of. :(

A small gross FWP: I'm a pig and I have a bad habit of wiping my fingers on my pants for minor things on my finger. This includes, unless I actually stop myself, the tiny bit of blood on my finger from after I check my blood sugar.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A large part of what was keeping me motivated to get into shape just got a rather large hole popped into it and its really hard not to just let that plus the general misery of recovering from doctor-dumbassery-induced overdose lul me into just going "gently caress it" and giving up again.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

This is likely the best apple I have ever had, it is apple perfection, the platonic ideal of what an apple should be.

It is also loving tiny. It's like the size of a plum.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

MisterBibs posted:

One of my FWPs is that I know I should eat salads, but I can't stand the mouthfeel of them.

What, all salads? Is there a particular ingredient you don't like, or is the fact that they're cold, or what?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

What, all salads? Is there a particular ingredient you don't like, or is the fact that they're cold, or what?

I'm speaking mostly of conventional lettuce-based salads. It's not the temperature or anything and I can't really explain it any better than I already did.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

I'm speaking mostly of conventional lettuce-based salads. It's not the temperature or anything and I can't really explain it any better than I already did.

I can understand what you mean and I can't put it into words either, yeah. It's basically just the texture of the lettuce, how it shreds.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I can understand what you mean and I can't put it into words either, yeah. It's basically just the texture of the lettuce, how it shreds.

Replace the lettuce with something else then? Spinach, cabbage, beetroot leaves.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm generally fine with lettuce. My problem comes with Rocket Lettuce. THat stuff is awful because unlike iceberg lettuce it has an actual flavour, but not one I like. And all store-bought salads for some reason have loving Rocket Lettuce.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I would eat more arugula if we called it rocket here even if it tastes like bitter burnt peppery assholes.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I ordered a salad with dinner tonight and it was almost entirely arugula. Also there was no dressing on it, except for two bites which had way too much.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

arugula/rocket/rucola is da bomb. Mix it with some diced mozzarella and a bunch of tomato, add salt and pepper, a bit of lemon juice and olive oil for dressing, heavenly

my fwp is there's not enough pokemon in my office

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm up way too god damned early, and my game I want to play is coming in later today but not till like 2-5pm cause it's UPS.

I'm all awake with nothing to do and it's boring.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Malachite_Dragon posted:

A large part of what was keeping me motivated to get into shape just got a rather large hole popped into it and its really hard not to just let that plus the general misery of recovering from doctor-dumbassery-induced overdose lul me into just going "gently caress it" and giving up again.

Have you tried cutting up romaine, green, or red leaf lettuce really thin? Like 1/3 inch thin? It tastes way better & less salad-y imo. And: nobody eat iceberg lettuce, that crap is disgusting.

E: went to the doctor, I gained 3 lbs this month. my previous comment about genetics is moot. oh well for the cheese dogs. I'll just gorge on the rest one night then no more :rip:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 13:18 on Aug 9, 2016

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I was outside a lot this weekend with mosquitoes and deer flies and I am SO loving ITCHY from all the bites. Can't itch them because it just makes it worse and eventually break the skin :smithicide:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Quitting caffeine is literally the hardest thing a human has ever attempted.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

bradzilla posted:

I was outside a lot this weekend with mosquitoes and deer flies and I am SO loving ITCHY from all the bites. Can't itch them because it just makes it worse and eventually break the skin :smithicide:

You're gonna get ZIKA

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Quitting caffeine is literally the hardest thing a human has ever attempted.

Caffeine hangovers are worse than alcohol hangovers. I totally agree with you. There should be a Caffeine Anonymous.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

I got moved to a different hostel room and I want to go for a walk but the woman with the key went out. all my shoes are in there :(

second world problems

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Thin Privilege posted:

E: went to the doctor, I gained 3 lbs this month. my previous comment about genetics is moot. oh well for the cheese dogs. I'll just gorge on the rest one night then no more :rip:

that's basically just one good poo poo away from being zero weight gain

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Eat spinach salads. So good.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Americans get access to Demon Hunters in Warcraft today but us EU folk have to wait until tomorrow. :supaburn:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Noctone posted:

that's basically just one good poo poo away from being zero weight gain

What kinds of shits are you taking????

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

Three pound ones, obviously.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Thin Privilege posted:

don't tell me you don't drop some massive deuces after eating six tubes of processed meat-product a day

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Noctone posted:

don't tell me you don't drop some massive deuces after eating six tubes of processed meat-product a day

That's not physically possible. The things are small to begin with and a lot gets absorbed by the esophagus/small intestine so if you're only eating 4 cheese dogs a day your poo will be small. Now if you're eating a ton of other crap with it, that's a different story.

--really want more cheese dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
OK I can't take this. Tonight they made steaks and I could hear them mashing them, sizzling them, cooking them till a bit too over cooked, then taking them off the stove.

I am so full but starving and WHAT KIND OF SADISTIC 1930s MOTHERFUCKER DESIGNED THIS BUILDING

E: 15 min later: I'm in my living room 30 feet away and I can hear they're making more steaks *sssssssllllzzzz* oh my god I can't deal with how good this smells WHAT KIND OF SADISTIC 1930s MOTHERFUCKER DESIGNED THIS BUILDING

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 04:19 on Aug 10, 2016