Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

paranoid randroid posted:

i will engage Dilbert Man in passive-aggressive conversation aikido during a tea ceremony, and lay him out with a request to pass the sugar, carefully inflected to cause maximum social obliteration

It's already been established that Dilbert Man doesn't want to engage in combatsation unarmed, though. It's all about those linguistic killshots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Drunkboxer posted:

I wish I lived in his world where everyday conversation is some sort of wizards duel with people flinging words of power left and right.

Just run your hallucinations through a perception filter every day and hide when you see a female woman person and you can.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

That perfectly syncs with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKHRerwGXwU&list=RDG22X5X49VhM&index=20

Pump you up in the morning.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/cher/status/762752129027059712

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

zoux posted:

OMG
"BRIAN STELTER: In terms of the money, this is Gabriel Sherman's reporting in New York magazine. He's been a leader on this story, wrote a book about Roger Ailes a number of years ago. A lot of what he's reporting I think reporters have suspected for a while. I'll give you an example. About ten years ago I had a crush on a woman at Fox News. She was a low level staffer. I was in college at the time. So I was going out on what I thought were dates. Chris, I thought these were dates. These were not dates. She was actually reporting back to Fox News about me. She was reporting back about what I thought of her and about CNN and MSNBC and Fox. Because I was a reporter on the beat, they were actually spying on me that way. Now I didn't think that was a big deal at the time. I thought it was the way Fox operates. Fox is a political organization. But now we know they were actually sending out private investigators. They were tailing other reporters. "

Fuckin' for Fox

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's already been established that Dilbert Man doesn't want to engage in combatsation unarmed, though. It's all about those linguistic killshots.

just no-scoping noobs all day with anti-material nam-shubs

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

magiccarpet posted:

trump giving his consolation speech and then riding back up the escalator will be such an amazing bookend to this thing

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mainwaring posted:

As a thought experiment I worked out how you would get to 270 EV with the fewest possible states, it turns out you can hit it exactly with 11: http://www.270towin.com/maps/jy1g6

Fun fact, Clinton is polling ahead in 10/11 of them.

That would be so boring though if election was over before polls even close in cali.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Trump QUOTE OF THE DAY

quote:

and there's another rate - zero for alot tof those that aren't making very much money. And that's in there big league.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
mcmullin has a campaign adviser on cnn now

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im not going to say that dilbert man is autistic because thats kind of passe and uncool these days, but he definitely makes the act of interacting with other human beings out to be a real ordeal that requires training

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mannerup posted:

Eggs on twitter, eggs irl

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

paranoid randroid posted:

im not going to say that dilbert man is autistic because thats kind of passe and uncool these days, but he definitely makes the act of interacting with other human beings out to be a real ordeal that requires training

another thing he didn't get good at in an hour

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mannerup posted:

:vince:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

mannerup posted:

p sure that's mcmullin with fake beard and glasses

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
practicing linguistic kill shots in the hyperbolic time chamber until, by the time you reach namek, youre just about prepared to buy coffee from a girl barista

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
You know how I know that Trump has truly lost?

The narrative. Nobody, even Die Hard Trumpers actually cling to Make America Great Again. Its a crocodile's promise and everyone knows it. Nobody is talking about how Truml is going to or even trying to improve the country.

But you know what people are talking about? Saving America FROM Trump. Even GOPers are on this narrative. Nobody is talking about saving America from Hillary because everybody knows she will be a good president and conduct her duties competantly. Even the aspects of the GOP that are currently jumping ship acknowledge her being competant. Her main issue is trustworthiness, not competancy. Not safety of America's future.

With Trumo his competancy is in question in such a way the majority of Americans actually fear his presidency. While Republicans hate Hillary that is not rooted in an existential fear for safety or fear of the future the tangerine Fuhrer would herald in. They hate her for her policy differences. They hate her because she is a threat to GOP political power and policy.

People fear Trump because he is viewed as incomoetant to the point of danger. And that common nationally held view of fear of all the danger that Trump represents and will bring is the death of his campaign. Those feelings toward Trump are more damning than questioning trust.

Though I am glad Trump is running because his campaign represents the destruction of the GOP on a national stage. The GOPs chickens have come home to roost and it will haunt them for generations.

Trump has brought not only the possibility of a DEM majority senate and maybe house and more importantly the supreme court having a liberal majority, but Trump has decimated the GOP's view and credibility in such a way that barting miracle the GOP will lose power ala the Whigs.

What I enjoy the most though is that Trump represents the dying gasp of Racist Whites and the alt-right. Never again will they be relevant. Especially the alt right, where the majority of the country when finally exposed to their ideology subsequentky reject it, will implode as their ideology will recede to the fringes and die as a joke. The general conservative psyche will collapse as it ALMOST did in 2012. Karl Roves meltdown will be dwarfed in comparison when Trump loses big on Nov. 8. And it will be glorious. It will be YUUUUUUGE

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 9, 2016

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Oh I see the big league quote has already been used.

Alternative Trump QUOTE OF THE DAY

quote:

Trump was still toying with a presidential run at the time, telling MSNBC's Chris Matthews, "Can you imagine how controversial I'd be? You think about Clinton and the women. How about me and the women? Can you imagine?" When Matthews mentioned Lewinsky, Donald answered, "Yeah. They might like my women better too."

https://books.google.com/books?id=Z...ography&f=false

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Who the gently caress has heard Trump at all recently and thought "ah, that's better"?

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Misses the "and then all the racists needed a new home and we embraced them ever since" panel.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

fart blood posted:

Who the gently caress has heard Trump at all recently and thought "ah, that's better"?

People have been acting like it's been long enough since the DNC to say that Clinton's bounce won't go away, but I don't agree.

I maintain that the "resting point" for the polls is somewhere around Clinton +4.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

fart blood posted:

cnn anchors, and other stupid people

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
#Lol😂😂😂😂, when it comes💦💦 to politics 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🏛 I'm in the 🔝1️⃣%of understanding🤔🤔💡. I've been watching 📺📺🎞political 👴🏻👵🏻👱🏻coverage 📰📡📺every week📆🗓 since I was👦🏻 1️⃣4️⃣loving 👉👌years 🗓🗓old. But political🇺🇸🇺🇸 🏛novice 👶👶like you 🖕think 🤔that you actually have an understanding 🤓💡💡because of the fact you pay attention 📰📰📰once every 2️⃣or 4️⃣years👊🖕👊. Yeah 👍👍👍👍👍keep dreaming💤💤💤😴💤💤💤. 👴🏻TRUMP👴🏻💯💯💯 👍👌😻could easily come 💦out and say🗣🗣🗣 that having the debate⚔ 👍👴🏻👍👎🏻👵🏻👎🏻during the loving👉👌 NFL 🏉🏉🏉🏉finals limit❌‼️ exposure to the American 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸people👪👩‍👩‍👦👨‍👨‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👧, and that as a true 💯believer in democracy ☑️☑️📝🏛🏃🏃🏃he feels that the American 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸people 👫👬👭should be given the best 👌chance to hear 👂🏻👂🏼👂🏽👂🏾👂🏿the information 📖📘📰📻📺necessary for them making their democratic 🐴🐴decision👴🏻👍👍👍👍👍. And that he doesn't know ❌❌🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻why Hillary 👵🏻👿👿👿Clinton👎🏻👎🏻🖕💩💩💩💩 doesn't want 😡😡😡to make the time⏱⏲🕰 to reach a large 💯💯💯💯💯national 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸audience 📺📻to inform them about what she wants to do for the county🔥🇺🇸🔥. And why she would purposely 😈😈😈choose the date 📆that forces the American🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 people to make a choice🤔🤔🤔 between watching the final game🏉🏉 of the series they've been🕵📺 watching all month🗓🗓, and informing 📰🗞📖🎙📺themselves on the difference 👴🏻➖👵🏻between the Candidates👴🏻👵🏻?
#Yeah, I guess politics🏛 shouldn't be commented on by people😪😪😪 who have no ❌loving👉👌🍆🍆🍆 idea 💡💡what they are talking about🖕🖕🖕🖕👊👊👊👊🖕🖕🖕🖕.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

fart blood posted:

Economic speech wasn't a complete trainwreck (in terms of staying on message) and yuge tax cuts for all will make America great again.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

DrPlump posted:

#Lol😂😂😂😂, when it comes💦💦 to politics 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🏛 I'm in the 🔝1️⃣%of understanding🤔🤔💡. I've been watching 📺📺🎞political 👴🏻👵🏻👱🏻coverage 📰📡📺every week📆🗓 since I was👦🏻 1️⃣4️⃣loving 👉👌years 🗓🗓old. But political🇺🇸🇺🇸 🏛novice 👶👶like you 🖕think 🤔that you actually have an understanding 🤓💡💡because of the fact you pay attention 📰📰📰once every 2️⃣or 4️⃣years👊🖕👊. Yeah 👍👍👍👍👍keep dreaming💤💤💤😴💤💤💤. 👴🏻TRUMP👴🏻💯💯💯 👍👌😻could easily come 💦out and say🗣🗣🗣 that having the debate⚔ 👍👴🏻👍👎🏻👵🏻👎🏻during the loving👉👌 NFL 🏉🏉🏉🏉finals limit❌‼️ exposure to the American 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸people👪👩‍👩‍👦👨‍👨‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👧, and that as a true 💯believer in democracy ☑️☑️📝🏛🏃🏃🏃he feels that the American 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸people 👫👬👭should be given the best 👌chance to hear 👂🏻👂🏼👂🏽👂🏾👂🏿the information 📖📘📰📻📺necessary for them making their democratic 🐴🐴decision👴🏻👍👍👍👍👍. And that he doesn't know ❌❌🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻why Hillary 👵🏻👿👿👿Clinton👎🏻👎🏻🖕💩💩💩💩 doesn't want 😡😡😡to make the time⏱⏲🕰 to reach a large 💯💯💯💯💯national 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸audience 📺📻to inform them about what she wants to do for the county🔥🇺🇸🔥. And why she would purposely 😈😈😈choose the date 📆that forces the American🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 people to make a choice🤔🤔🤔 between watching the final game🏉🏉 of the series they've been🕵📺 watching all month🗓🗓, and informing 📰🗞📖🎙📺themselves on the difference 👴🏻➖👵🏻between the Candidates👴🏻👵🏻?
#Yeah, I guess politics🏛 shouldn't be commented on by people😪😪😪 who have no ❌loving👉👌🍆🍆🍆 idea 💡💡what they are talking about🖕🖕🖕🖕👊👊👊👊🖕🖕🖕🖕.

:same:

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/763037331054063616

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

more convincing if the republicans hadnt nominated Donald loving Trump for president

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

DrPlump posted:

#Lol😂😂😂😂,

There's a cap on emoticons-per-post for a reason

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The polls haven't accounted for Trump's economic speech yet (not that it will necessarily make any impact). The CVOTER tracker currently reflects the period between 8/1 - 8/7.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

if he doesn't debate, I imagine they'll still have Hillary on, and maybe she would just turbodunk on Trump the whole time. I can't imagine they'd cancel them, even if its just Hillary

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Re: Mormon chat. Why do you guys think they're generally still #nevertrump, but evangelicals have embraced him? I mean, besides evangelicals' complete moral vacuity.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

zoux posted:

OMG
"BRIAN STELTER: In terms of the money, this is Gabriel Sherman's reporting in New York magazine. He's been a leader on this story, wrote a book about Roger Ailes a number of years ago. A lot of what he's reporting I think reporters have suspected for a while. I'll give you an example. About ten years ago I had a crush on a woman at Fox News. She was a low level staffer. I was in college at the time. So I was going out on what I thought were dates. Chris, I thought these were dates. These were not dates. She was actually reporting back to Fox News about me. She was reporting back about what I thought of her and about CNN and MSNBC and Fox. Because I was a reporter on the beat, they were actually spying on me that way. Now I didn't think that was a big deal at the time. I thought it was the way Fox operates. Fox is a political organization. But now we know they were actually sending out private investigators. They were tailing other reporters. "

Note boldface. He was an important enough reporter in college that Fox News wanted to spy on him?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

2016-1954 = ???????

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so the Evan McMullin thing is happening for real? He is gonna play GOP spoiler? This owns.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Must make some sort of sense in Trumpland, but why someone who's down in the polls would skip the debates is way beyond me.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Slate Action posted:

People have been acting like it's been long enough since the DNC to say that Clinton's bounce won't go away, but I don't agree.

I maintain that the "resting point" for the polls is somewhere around Clinton +4.

I'm not 100% in agreement with this anymore. State level polling is a little too strong. We're probably heading for something more in the 6 range.

One weekly tracker showing tightening doesn't jive with this week state level polling showing Missouri competitive and Clinton ahead in Georgia and NC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Gravy Jones posted:

p sure that's mcmullin with fake beard and glasses

it's this guy