Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

lol if he skips the debates, Hillary wins Texas, Missouri, Mississippi, and probably Montana. Then Kentucky becomes razor thin on election night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Schnorkles posted:

I'm not 100% in agreement with this anymore. State level polling is a little too strong. We're probably heading for something more in the 6 range.

One weekly tracker showing tightening doesn't jive with this week state level polling showing Missouri competitive and Clinton ahead in Georgia and NC

I'm sticking to my guns for now. Nearly all the polls still reflect the week immediately following the convention. If the numbers are the same in 2-3 weeks I will change my mind.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Chances we start seeing polls soon with the question "If Trump does not do the debates, how does this change your support of him" ? Someone tweet at PPP to get on this.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Regardless of the outcome I'm dying for the tell-all book about the chatter and atmosphere inside the Clinton campaign at this stage in the race.

Eonwe posted:

so the Evan McMullin thing is happening for real? He is gonna play GOP spoiler? This owns.

He needs to get on the ballot somewhere that matters and even then I'll be shocked if he gets more votes than Jill Stein.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Must make some sort of sense in Trumpland, but why someone who's down in the polls would skip the debates is way beyond me.

Because he would be eaten alive. No matter how down he is, there's space to fall.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Must make some sort of sense in Trumpland, but why someone who's down in the polls would skip the debates is way beyond me.

because hes a perpetually owned little punkass coward

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Eonwe posted:

if he doesn't debate, I imagine they'll still have Hillary on, and maybe she would just turbodunk on Trump the whole time. I can't imagine they'd cancel them, even if its just Hillary

get the trump impersonator dude to fill in for him

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:siren:SHOCK POLL TRUMP WINS ALL 50 STATES!:siren:

Source: Google Trends Election Polling

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/harry-sloan-endorses-clinton-226815

quote:

Sloan, who serves on the board of trustees of the McCain Institute, a think tank founded by Arizona Sen. John McCain, adds that “if we had a different Republican presidential candidate this year, I would likely be proudly supporting them."

nelsonhaha.gif

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uh oh!

Assange is literally working with the Trump campaign lmao.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Slate Action posted:

I'm sticking to my guns for now. Nearly all the polls still reflect the week immediately following the convention. If the numbers are the same in 2-3 weeks I will change my mind to reflect this new evidence.

Really shouldn't take polling with too much of a grain of salt until after Labor Day anyways, I'm more just saying that there's no state level polling to indicate a tightening race right now. The only tightening is two weekly trackers, the rest continue to remain the same or move even further towards Clinton.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

zoux posted:

Uh oh!

roger stone is not known for his truthfulness

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

you blockhead

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

Uh oh!

im totally shocked that the two biggest bullshit artists of the year are collaborating

Marcus Garvey
Oct 24, 2015

mannerup posted:

mcmullin has a campaign adviser on cnn now

Holy poo poo. loving love me some Rick Wilson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqlHkJQbIlM

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

Uh oh!

a trump campaign is collaborating with a pedophile i am shocked

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WAKE UP SHEEPLE! #WOKE

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Roger Stone is the political version of that kid with the Nintendo uncle

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Schnorkles posted:

Really shouldn't take polling with too much of a grain of salt until after Labor Day anyways, I'm more just saying that there's no state level polling to indicate a tightening race right now. The only tightening is two weekly trackers, the rest continue to remain the same or move even further towards Clinton.

The main thing that makes me think Trump will lose isn't the polls but rather the vast difference in campaign infrastructure. Trump says he doesn't need that stuff until Labor Day and I'm 98% sure he's wrong.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

Roger Stone is the political version of that kid with the Nintendo uncle

So you're saying that this MK nude code he gave me is bullshit?!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Uh oh!

If Assange had poo poo he'd have dropped it already to knock Hillary off her stride. This is just Stone bullshitting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

If Assange had poo poo he'd have dropped it already to knock Hillary off her stride. This is just Stone bullshitting.

Oh?

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/762386358614622209?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Slate Action posted:

The main thing that makes me think Trump will lose isn't the polls but rather the vast difference in campaign infrastructure. Trump says he doesn't need that stuff until Labor Day and I'm 98% sure he's wrong.

I made a note of this in the Nate Silver thread, but the state of republican infrastructure in this election is shocking. If ground game does anything, it will be very obvious on November 8th in the results.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

There's a good series of tweets (more to come, likely) from Maggie Habberman at the NYtimes: https://twitter.com/maggieNYT

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/763041660121088000

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/763042472473788416

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Schnorkles posted:

I made a note of this in the Nate Silver thread, but the state of republican infrastructure in this election is shocking. If ground game does anything, it will be very obvious on November 8th in the results.

I can sort of see the argument that Trump's unlimited free media makes up for not running ads, but I just can't believe that "having zero ground game" falls under Nothing Matters. We'll see.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Posted that in the Hillary thread, conclusion was that the 4chan thread was posted on Friday, and nothing came out of it. Assange is stunting again like he said he had something for her acceptance speech.

In other news:

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/763043690155737088

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

iospace posted:

Posted that in the Hillary thread, conclusion was that the 4chan thread was posted on Friday, and nothing came out of it. Assange is stunting again like he said he had something for her acceptance speech.

In other news:

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/763043690155737088

The conclusion should have been instant upon reading "anonymous on 4chan says"

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

JHomer722 posted:

Re: Mormon chat. Why do you guys think they're generally still #nevertrump, but evangelicals have embraced him? I mean, besides evangelicals' complete moral vacuity.

Mormons tend to be almost absurdly pious, and Donald Trump is basically a greed and hatred avatar. Mormonism is a pretty hardcore faith with a history of persecution and serious outreach in the Third World (there's a pretty large Pacific Islander community in Utah mostly due to huge Mormon outreach in Samoa etc, for example). Trump is a xenophobe who wants to cut off large segments of humanity from entering the United States.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

:omarcomin:

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

DrPlump posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dirty brown kid as the lib in this is a nice touch by a notracist

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i can't beleive huma is leaking her private videos with hillary clinton

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

" Bexter Dmitry who also wrote "Putin: Russia Is Ready To Show Proof That 9/11 Was An Inside Job""

Odd that such a scoop would go unremarked upon by the Journalism Awards Community.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Boosted buy the card.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Patter Song posted:

Mormons tend to be almost absurdly pious, and Donald Trump is basically a greed and hatred avatar. Mormonism is a pretty hardcore faith with a history of persecution and serious outreach in the Third World (there's a pretty large Pacific Islander community in Utah mostly due to huge Mormon outreach in Samoa etc, for example). Trump is a xenophobe who wants to cut off large segments of humanity from entering the United States.

The leaders of the mormon church have explicitly and unequivocally stated that accepting refugees and making them feel welcome and loved is not just "a good thing to do" but that it is required by doctrine and failing to do so is against the tenets of the church.

This has... caused some palpitations.

But yes, generally the mormon's sense of persecution and work with the third world [and the fact that the source of the growth in a very centralized religion is completely in SA and the Pacific Islands] requires them to take a very non-bigoted view of things. They're still white bread as all hell though.

Mitt Romney is basically mormon stake president incarnate, they all look like him and have the same opinions.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

triple sulk posted:

Clinton winning Texas is real and people need to start accepting it

come up to dnd and help us poll texas

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Pretty sure he's lying, but still

quote:

QUESTIONER: With regard to the October surprise, what would be your forecast on that given what Julian Assange has intimated he's going to do?

ROGER STONE: Well, it could be any number of things. I actually have communicated with Assange. I believe the next tranche of his documents pertain to the Clinton Foundation but there's no telling what the October surprise may be.

https://mediamatters.org/video/2016/08/09/roger-stone-confirms-hes-communication-julian-assange/212261

edit: oops, beaten

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Slate Action posted:

I can sort of see the argument that Trump's unlimited free media makes up for not running ads, but I just can't believe that "having zero ground game" falls under Nothing Matters. We'll see.

The more interesting thing, imo, will be what the state of the RNC and presidential campaign does to associated state parties [and, in conjunction] reps and senators. There's a lot of feedback there, and the state of the ground level infrastructure being so bad means that most reps will be flying blind and even senators will have limited GOTV efforts. There's a chance for a serious disaster.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slate Action posted:

If Trump actually wins or makes it close with no ground game, no ad buys and no org to speak of: American presidential elections are hosed forever.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
I called the Trump PA HQ number listed on the campaign website-- still no one home. Voicemail still not set up. I submitted my information (again) with the checkmark next to 'I want to volunteer' so we'll see what happens.

I gave my personal information to the Ohio and Iowa Trump campaigns with the box checked for 'I want to volunteer' 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

fart blood posted:

Who the gently caress has heard Trump at all recently and thought "ah, that's better"?

He hasn't shat the bed in like three days and people are forgetting exactly how bad he was a week ago. Plus some people are probably getting acclimated to how bad he is. Tribalism is a crazy powerful force.

• Locked thread