Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
sid, what the gently caress is your avatar doing to itself. your grounded, son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

KomodoWagon posted:

Dad drunk. So what

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

the honalulu tip lick

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Dad came, so baby

cnut
May 3, 2016

dad not gay. so what

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
What Dad?
So......gay?

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
Here's some stdh.txt:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

lol

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Here's some stdh.txt:

I'm the "Japs"

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
There's Buckley's macro

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
but would there really be a single negative to nuking saudi arabia?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Cramming 100+ words on an image macro is a lot of effort just to tell someone that you're off your meds.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Reply that Sherman did it during the civil war too. I bet they would love that.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dave Concepcion posted:

but would there really be a single negative to nuking saudi arabia?

I'm sure we'd lose some oil. Innocent people would probably also die maybe.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Red Suit posted:

I'm sure we'd lose some oil. Innocent people would probably also die maybe.

Innocent people? In Saudi Arabia??

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
That old man rant is not not necessarily wrong, it's just that we tend to frown on that level of death and destruction in the age of cellphone cameras, GoPros and Twitter. Imagine a Japanese peasant Instagramming their baby's skin sloughing off from radiation sickness or a citizen of London filming a V2 slam into a primary school. We don't actually have the stomach for it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Here's some stdh.txt:

lmao

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

sid, what the gently caress is your avatar doing to itself. your grounded, son

dont talk to me or my son ever again

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Pvt.Scott posted:

That old man rant is not not necessarily wrong, it's just that we tend to frown on that level of death and destruction in the age of cellphone cameras, GoPros and Twitter. Imagine a Japanese peasant Instagramming their baby's skin sloughing off from radiation sickness or a citizen of London filming a V2 slam into a primary school. We don't actually have the stomach for it.

but everyone loves watching isis get shot on liveleak

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Here's some stdh.txt:

written by some pasty nerd who's never even been in a fist fight

Pvt.Scott posted:

That old man rant is not not necessarily wrong

lol

Japan is okay today because the massive reforms and economic stimulus we provided during the post-war Occupation, not because we bombed them super hard.

Pvt.Scott posted:

We don't actually have the stomach for it.

and that's some lol too

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

we provided those reforms because we bombed them super hard

the implication is we nuke and occupy the middle east

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

stump collector
May 28, 2007

c00l

shared by: a scientifically illiterate moron

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

exethan posted:

c00l

shared by: a scientifically illiterate moron

I love science

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Some people just can't handle my twisted mind

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

:twisted:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

exethan posted:

c00l

shared by: a fedorasexual

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

TontoCorazon posted:

I love science

You're supposed to loving love science.

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013
I hate small talk. I wanna talk about your favourite scents.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
What if my favourite smell is breath during small talk? Don't breathshame

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

tactlessbastard posted:

You're supposed to loving love science.

I loving love science

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

TontoCorazon posted:

I loving love science

i love to gently caress science

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
What the gently caress do they consider small talk?

I think a goon nailed it when they suggested, "anything the person isn't interested in".

It's so weird that [autists?] rant about small talk online. I mean god forbid a person pick a benign topic to make conversation.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

TontoCorazon posted:

I loving love science

You loving better!

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Panfilo posted:

What the gently caress do they consider small talk?

I think a goon nailed it when they suggested, "anything the person isn't interested in".

It's so weird that [autists?] rant about small talk online. I mean god forbid a person pick a benign topic to make conversation.

conversations about larger topics could succeed if the subject is inherently interesting, whereas small talk is more about actual personality

they don't have a personality, but they loving love science, so

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Blue Train posted:

we provided those reforms because we bombed them super hard

the implication is we nuke and occupy the middle east

Moridin920 posted:

written by some pasty nerd who's never even been in a fist fight

lol

Japan is okay today because the massive reforms and economic stimulus we provided during the post-war Occupation, not because we bombed them super hard.

and that's some lol too

I've actually been in plenty of fights, none which I picked. They were dumb and pointless like most violence.

Yes, Japan is doing fine because we rebuilt it. We rebuilt it because we leveled the place with carpet bombing and then dropped a couple nukes to rub it in (plus intimidating others) and we wanted military bases flanking the commie hordes that we just finished arming ourselves. Having a healthy industrial base in your forward military staging area makes sense. I hope part of the rebuilding was because we felt bad about the whole thing.

The old man rant about murdering everyone isn't wrong because that tactic has demonstrably worked throughout human history when it has been employed. Genocide and total warfare work. America doesn't have anywhere near the raw numbers of ground troops needed to do a clean sweep of such a large and varied geographical region as "the Middle East" so we'd probably have to draft tons of people people to go fill ditches with "suspected terrorists."

World War I made civilian populations a valid military target and completely changed the psyche of an entire continent. World War II made good on that and went whole hog on bombing anything that looked vaguely like a factory regardless of location.

North and South America were cleared of most natives and relatively pacified in a few hundred years with primitive tech, terrible logistics, awful communication and coordination and the violence taking place far away from the front. The ancient Babylonians killed entire tribes of enemies to keep them from coming back later.

That poo poo is bad PR these days, and a bad economic move with globalization, as well as being morally reprehensible. That's why it's an old man rant and lol worthy.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
This thread is suffering the fallout of some fb bombs

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Pvt.Scott posted:

I've actually been in plenty of fights, none which I picked. They were dumb and pointless like most violence.

Yes, Japan is doing fine because we rebuilt it. We rebuilt it because we leveled the place with carpet bombing and then dropped a couple nukes to rub it in (plus intimidating others) and we wanted military bases flanking the commie hordes that we just finished arming ourselves. Having a healthy industrial base in your forward military staging area makes sense. I hope part of the rebuilding was because we felt bad about the whole thing.

The old man rant about murdering everyone isn't wrong because that tactic has demonstrably worked throughout human history when it has been employed. Genocide and total warfare work. America doesn't have anywhere near the raw numbers of ground troops needed to do a clean sweep of such a large and varied geographical region as "the Middle East" so we'd probably have to draft tons of people people to go fill ditches with "suspected terrorists."

World War I made civilian populations a valid military target and completely changed the psyche of an entire continent. World War II made good on that and went whole hog on bombing anything that looked vaguely like a factory regardless of location.

North and South America were cleared of most natives and relatively pacified in a few hundred years with primitive tech, terrible logistics, awful communication and coordination and the violence taking place far away from the front. The ancient Babylonians killed entire tribes of enemies to keep them from coming back later.

That poo poo is bad PR these days, and a bad economic move with globalization, as well as being morally reprehensible. That's why it's an old man rant and lol worthy.

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
"the middle east" lol

This man is a historical expert and we should elect him to various offices.

He'll build a wall alright.

of BODIES.

Pvt. Scott 2016

• Locked thread