Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

I'm finding myself massively and irrationally angry this morning on noticing the AM2R takedown thing

I mean you really should have expected it

I hope you already downloaded it but if not it's not a huge deal really it's out there forever now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Monkey Fracas posted:

I hope you already downloaded it but if not it's not a huge deal really it's out there forever now

I did expect it and downloaded it already, I did say irrational

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

I did expect it and downloaded it already, I did say irrational

Eh I guess I can understand- The Way Things Are just kinda sucks sometimes, yeah

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nah if you were being irrational then the truth would be somewhere in the middle.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Phantasium posted:

Nah if you were being irrational then the truth would be somewhere in the middle.

lol I get the ref

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I don't :(

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Monkey Fracas posted:

Before takedown happens:

Posters - "Nah, why would Nintendo do that? There's no reason they would or should do that."

After takedown happens:

Posters - "Of course it happened, what else did you expect?"

These are different posters mind you, but I want to point it out just the same.

C/D's are a tricky mess. Sometimes they are sent after fan projects, sometimes they are not. Sometimes it's related to money, most times it's not. Sometimes it's related to how big/popular it is, sometimes not. I don't think it's fair for anyone to expect anything in these strange cases that we often don't have the full reasoning on. Be prepared, yes, but expect it, ehh there's too much variance.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I'm finding myself massively and irrationally angry this morning on noticing the AM2R takedown thing

Well clearly the DMCA was taken down so am2r doesn't interfere with their upcoming metroid game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The takedown doesn't matter one way or the other because the second the game came out, it's out forever.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm just kidding they're never going to make another metroid game once federation force bombs

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

time to play a game of mahjongg for ten years

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe it won't bomb

And we'll just get sequels to that forever

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ventana posted:

Before takedown happens:

Posters - "Nah, why would Nintendo do that? There's no reason they would or should do that."

After takedown happens:

These are different posters mind you, but I want to point it out just the same.

C/D's are a tricky mess. Sometimes they are sent after fan projects, sometimes they are not. Sometimes it's related to money, most times it's not. Sometimes it's related to how big/popular it is, sometimes not. I don't think it's fair for anyone to expect anything in these strange cases that we often don't have the full reasoning on. Be prepared, yes, but expect it, ehh there's too much variance.

well im glad you found a way to feel superior to both sides

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Maybe it won't bomb

And we'll just get sequels to that forever

The ol' Phantasy Star doctrine.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Who cares about Metroid, when's the next Clu Clu Land game coming out?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
After being lukewarm to the hype for most of No Man's Sky's press cycle, I have the urge to pick it up after work and fall into a chill space simulator. Any impressions from posters or general reviews that I should consider? Metacritic has 0 pro reviews and shows a 50/100 for user reviews.

Also, anyone know when the next Ni-oh demo drops? I'm eager to see what's been changed

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'd look into No Man's Sky but I already have lots of other long-rear end games I need to finish first (#FE, Persona Q, MGS5, and I just got started on Final Fantasy VIII last Sunday)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Also, anyone know when the next Ni-oh demo drops? I'm eager to see what's been changed

Two weeks from today on the 23rd.

Also fuckin' sick, Shadow Complex physical copies.
http://gematsu.com/2016/08/shadow-complex-remastered-ps4-limited-run-physical-edition-announced

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It's amazing how in the span of a month internet people have pulled a complete 360 on Nintendo. First they were doomed because the NX was another gimmick console, then they were saved because of Pokemon GO, then they loved their fans because they were releasing the mini NES, now they hate their fans because they aren't letting people give away their games and magazines online for free...

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
That every month, though. Nintendo is always doomed. Unless they're doing great. But even then they're doomed.

Perhaps the answer lies somewhere in the middle...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Guy Mann posted:

It's amazing how in the span of a month internet people have pulled a complete 360 on Nintendo. First they were doomed because the NX was another gimmick console, then they were saved because of Pokemon GO, then they loved their fans because they were releasing the mini NES, now they hate their fans because they aren't letting people give away their games and magazines online for free...

Yeah, that's definitely a "360."

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mercury Crusader posted:

That every month, though. Nintendo is always doomed. Unless they're doing great. But even then they're doomed.

Perhaps the answer lies somewhere in the middle...

:ocelot:

Now you're thinking irrational.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Mordja posted:

Yeah, that's definitely a "360."

free yourself from the bonds of euclidean geometry

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Phantasium posted:

:ocelot:

Now you're thinking irrational.

idgi still... is it a reference to bioshock infinites plot or something?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

corn in the bible posted:

well im glad you found a way to feel superior to both sides

That's not the point I was making at the bottom of that post, but okay? I'd rather everyone be cautious like I said in that post.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
If enough people buy the upcoming reprint of the Super Mario Adventures graphic novel they used to print in NP they will take notice and have Peach and Luigi switch clothes in the actual games.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Turn 360 degrees and walk away

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Ventana posted:

That's not the point I was making at the bottom of that post, but okay? I'd rather everyone be cautious like I said in that post.

you sure chose a weird, seemingly smug way to get there

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Turn 1 degree and walk away

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Turn 400 degrees and cook for 20 minutes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Turn 2600 degrees

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

1080° snowboarding

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

and skate away

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Phantasium posted:

Turn 400 degrees and cook for 20 minutes.
Now that"s what I call a hamburger recipe.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Guy Mann posted:

It's amazing how in the span of a month internet people have pulled a complete 360 on Nintendo.
It's amazing how you can pull a complete 360 from one retarded post to another.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
sicknasty Nintendoom 360

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ventana posted:

These aren't mutually exclusive. Of course they were going to do it, even though it makes ill will and the benefit to protecting their IP is questionable, because lawyers gonna law

LawfulWaffle posted:

After being lukewarm to the hype for most of No Man's Sky's press cycle, I have the urge to pick it up after work and fall into a chill space simulator. Any impressions from posters or general reviews that I should consider? Metacritic has 0 pro reviews and shows a 50/100 for user reviews.
I read the Ars Technica review and while I don't own the game yet that review brings up the same pros and cons I have from watching people stream it so far

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/08/the-first-dozen-hours-of-no-mans-sky-soaring-past-disappointment/

Basically it's a game that's beautiful enough that it makes you greedy for more (including what's obviously missing) and annoyed that you spend a lot of your time doing chores (and losing track of your mop). Possibly therapeutic, possibly rage-inducing, both a visual treat and fugly in parts

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 9, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Palpek posted:

It's amazing how you can pull a complete 360 from one retarded post to another.
guy mann in the running for Taint Reaper of the Year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the metacritic reviews for NMS were spammed by trolls, 'cuck' showed up in 5 different reviews

• Locked thread