Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

TheCenturion posted:

You know how in some continuities, Alfred is a retired SAS combat medic? They should do something similar with the Riverdale faculty. Riverdale: Red Dawn.

The Bee is a retired marine. Ms. Grundy was a MASH nurse in Korea or Vietnam or whatever's appropriate these days. Prof. Flutesnoot worked for OSI, or CIA's OST or something. Coach Kleats taught 'unconventional warfare' to 'freedom fighters' in wherever is appropriate for the timeframe.

To the kids, of course, they're just their usual doddering old selves. Then Commies/Aliens/Zombies/Whatever invade, and the faculty step up and start whipping the kids into shape. Make it dark as hell.

This is somewhat what happens in Afterlife with Archie, except the faculty are presumably all dead and the kids are surviving by basically running away.

One of them just made a literal deal with the Old Ones to have them restore the girl he loves to life in exchange for him betraying the remaining survivors by murdering the one keeping them going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Wade Wilson posted:

This is somewhat what happens in Afterlife with Archie, except the faculty are presumably all dead and the kids are surviving by basically running away.

One of them just made a literal deal with the Old Ones to have them restore the girl he loves to life in exchange for him betraying the remaining survivors by murdering the one keeping them going.

Yeah, AwA is good. So was the one where the two comic lines were parallel dimensions.

Archie Comics does some really awesome stuff.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

TheCenturion posted:

Yeah, AwA is good. So was the one where the two comic lines were parallel dimensions.

Archie Comics does some really awesome stuff.

Is this the one with the infamous zombie dog scene? Man, that one got me.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

10 Beers posted:

Is this the one with the infamous zombie dog scene? Man, that one got me.

Yup, and The Blossom Twins taken to a dark and disturbing place. And I think Jughead is hinted to "like" Archie.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheCenturion posted:

Yup, and The Blossom Twins taken to a dark and disturbing place. And I think Jughead is hinted to "like" Archie.

Well, Jughead did date Archie's oddly-similar-looking future granddaughter for a while.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He's asexual in current canon.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

fortunately the post-zombie apocalypse story isn't in the current canon

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
"Jughead is gay" is just as valid a reading of the longtime running gag of his aversion to women, although personally I like the asexual turn best.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
There is no room for love in Jughead's life, so long as there are burgers

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endless Mike posted:

He's asexual like David Duchovny is asexual.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You're welcome to apply death of the author, I guess, but the explicit text, including commentary from Chip Zdarsky is that he's asexual.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

He's asexual like David Duchovny is asexual.

He fucks so much that his sex drive becomes some sort of "divide by 0" error?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

You're welcome to apply death of the author, I guess, but the explicit text, including commentary from Chip Zdarsky is that he's asexual.

I was just making a joke about how he's had a surprising amount of girlfriends over the years, probably more than any other guy on the cast.

mind the walrus posted:

He fucks so much that his sex drive becomes some sort of "divide by 0" error?

Haha.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Lurdiak posted:

I was just making a joke about how he's had a surprising amount of girlfriends over the years, probably more than any other guy on the cast.

Yeah, but that's all been retconned now. It was a pretty weird trend, though. "Girls are overrated! All I need are hamburgers!" *Proceeds to date every new girl who moves in to town not named Cheryl Blossom* "Archie you need to stop being so obsessed with women!"

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Jughead's love for food and Archie can be intertwined.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SomeMathGuy posted:

Yeah, but that's all been retconned now. It was a pretty weird trend, though. "Girls are overrated! All I need are hamburgers!" *Proceeds to date every new girl who moves in to town not named Cheryl Blossom* "Archie you need to stop being so obsessed with women!"

A lot of that was probably writers making sure the reader knew he had a case of the not-gays.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Cangelosi posted:

Jughead's love for food and Archie can be intertwined.

I can't believe Jughead is into vore.

Lurdiak posted:

A lot of that was probably writers making sure the reader knew he had a case of the not-gays.

And mining "but this girl is the super special one that Jughead loves, which proves how special she and this storyline is" into oblivion.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

WickedHate posted:

I can't believe Jughead is into vore.

Damimt you nabbed the joke.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Buns before huns is priority not exclusivity.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Don't know where this is from, but credit to Seanbaby for finding it.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Have they touched on Jughead's mysterious hypnosis hat pin that makes the ladies go crazy in the new ones?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Scaramouche posted:

Have they touched on Jughead's mysterious hypnosis hat pin that makes the ladies go crazy in the new ones?

He's got a crazy uncle who lives in the big city. Owned a hat shop for a while before getting mixed up in some shady business and being sent to the loony bin. The family doesn't like to talk about it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Ghostlight posted:

Buns before huns is priority not exclusivity.

To be fair, I am better than Genghis.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Scaramouche posted:

Heh, I was going to mention his magic rape pin.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WickedHate posted:

Don't know where this is from, but credit to Seanbaby for finding it.

They made a Father Ted comic? :shobon:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Now imagine them saying that while they've got mouthfuls of Cap.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Now imagine them saying that while they've got mouthfuls of Cap.

The ability to speak clearly through one's nose is one of the less-advertised vampire powers.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Phy posted:

There is no room for love in Jughead's life, so long as there are burgers

Have those weird hyper-Christian archies ever been referenced in current Archieverse canon?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Why is wolverine a vampire now?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Honest Thief posted:

Jubilee got him, maybe?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Honest Thief posted:

All I want now is cheesy Marvel/True Blood crossover.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Honest Thief posted:

It's from an issue of the 90's What If?--What If Wolverine Became Lord of Vampires?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Keromaru5 posted:

It's from an issue of the 90's What If?--What If Wolverine Became Lord of Vampires?

Nope. I mean, that comic existed but those panels aren't from it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Keromaru5 posted:

Or! Or...it's from Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe #3 from 2014.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 10, 2016

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Dunno exactly why but Roberto's joy at the idea of Collapsar made me laugh this morning

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I'm going to have to dig up that issue again and find the panel with Collapser with Iron Mariner.

Star and Sea forever!

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Ferrule posted:

Nope. I mean, that comic existed but those panels aren't from it.

redbackground posted:

Or! Or...it's from Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe #3 from 2014.
Right, that's what I meant--the character is from the What If issue. Obviously that panel wasn't drawn in the 90's.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Keromaru5 posted:

Right, that's what I meant--the character is from the What If issue. Obviously that panel wasn't drawn in the 90's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

::hangs head in shame::

Here, have a panel.