Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

RZA Encryption posted:

Ok, I'm starting to buy the "Trump's being forced to run against his will and wants to sabotage it" theory.

Putin called in some of his debts. Is my second favorite conspiracy theory.

My Favorite is still Hillary and Bill cooked this up to ensure she gets voted in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Me too. Nothing else makes sense.

I was still of the "This was a publicity stunt that went waaaay too far and now he has no idea what to do" camp.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh look "he meant their vote"

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

BonoMan posted:

I don't think he's arguing against you dude. He's just saying in an ideal world you'd do both. He's not saying if you can't do both don't do either.

Exactly. I'm not disagreeing with him.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Doccers posted:

I was still of the "This was a publicity stunt that went waaaay too far and now he has no idea what to do" camp.

It would probably help if he actually listened to his advisers.

But if Trump's appearance on any reality show has shown us, he doesn't listen to anyone.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Doccers posted:

This campaign is what happens when you have a candidate that knows nothing about politics, is very used to edited Apprentice episodes and wants to personally control their message and campaign. It is a disaster, but there is no conspiracy required.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

kaleedity posted:

this is an interesting case for the secret service I'm sure

they'll get some good training out of this one

This feels like the Gifford's lead-up with Palin.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

zoux posted:

lol, and that shows how they can stop her from appointing justices if she's elected...how?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Mr Hootington posted:

It isn't a "Big Lie." It is "The Hard Truth About How It Really Is."

For some people yes. For other people like this relative, Trump doesn't really intend to build a wall. That's just political rhetoric. No, he REALLY means e-Verify, which just so happens to be what this relative really wants.

Nevermind the fact that Trump has given hyperbolic facts about the size of the wall, its cost, and how it will be paid for. That's all just pandering to voters and anyone who believe it will happen is stupid and doesn't know how campaigning is based on lies to attract voters. It's so ridiculous, how could that possibly be what Trump means? No, no. He really just means an electronic wall, I assure you.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Doccers posted:

This is Season 3 of Black Mirror playing out before our eyes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

zoux posted:

Hahahaahahahahahaahas'lkja'dksja2!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

lol, and that shows how they can stop her from appointing justices if she's elected...how?

Because the NRA has lobbying power in the senate duh! :v:

Although calling the media dishonest liars will surely make them give you fair coverage.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

Like I said, bad spin.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I didn't mean my political opponent should be murdered, I meant... something unification of spirit?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Me too. Nothing else makes sense.

The other explanation that makes sense is that Trump has lost his desire to actually become president and is trying to get out of it in a way that doesn't involve backpedaling or losing fair and square.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
It's great that they are treating "2nd amendment people" as a term that is common and widely used.

"You have GREAT political POWER.."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Next week he will say something like: "Some folks might have interpreted my statement as a command to attack Crooked Hillary. That was just a distortion by the media. Seriously though, it would be quiet convenient and good for our formerly strong nation if she had a bullet in, say, her head. Fight against the establishment, with their regulations on murder and stuff. Once I'm president I can pardon whoever I want!"

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Huh, so it's more of a "please oh please let it be rigged against me" sort of thing? Makes just as much sense as anything else going on.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
Clearly theyre spinning this that he's using the words "second amendment" in the same way that musicians use "Hello <city_name>!" in between songs at a concert.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

ComradeCosmobot posted:

For some people yes. For other people like this relative, Trump doesn't really intend to build a wall. That's just political rhetoric. No, he REALLY means e-Verify, which just so happens to be what this relative really wants.

Nevermind the fact that Trump has given hyperbolic facts about the size of the wall, its cost, and how it will be paid for. That's all just pandering to voters and anyone who believe it will happen is stupid and doesn't know how campaigning is based on lies to attract voters. It's so ridiculous, how could that possibly be what Trump means? No, no. He really just means an electronic wall, I assure you.

Wait. Are you my cousin because this is my grandpa you are describing.

I do get you though. The trump camp is either full blown believers or deniers who are so willfully ignorant. They are the same folks who do not understand dog whistles or that the world doesn't work like "back in their day" anymore.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

climboutonalimb posted:

Clearly theyre spinning this that he's using the words "second amendment" in the same way that musicians use "Hello <city_name>!" in between songs at a concert.

Hello two corinthians

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

All citizens are 2nd Amendment people :psyduck:

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

Doccers posted:

A former aide said she was hired to get Trump 10% of the primary vote. "It was a protest campaign".

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Stop oppressing my first amendment with your second!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

My 14A protects your 2A!

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

zoux posted:

Worst possible spin you could put on this

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

After of few days of this baking in, it would be an excellent time to poll. So, come help us make a poll

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785972

oddjobs
Dec 19, 2011
So what's the future for Trump after his loss?

I can't imagine all this poo poo is going to make doing business any easier for him in the near future. Or is the loop already closing around his fraudulent activities (Trump University, other lawsuits) and this is his last ditch effort to save himself?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

nah only those with pale skin

Also, people keep making this big deal about how Trump needs to moderate his message and stop with the attacks and blah blah but all the poo poo he says is stuff that the base that got him selected as the GOP nominee all love. It's just a continuation of the Republican party not realizing they can't control the far right of the party and their hatred that they cultivated for votes. Trump got nominated by these people and he's still just pandering to them because of that and the GOP is wringing their hands because they still don't understand how that happened, while running around saying "that's not my party!" when they've previously benefited from the fringe hatred they cultivated for years and years

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lotka Volterra posted:

I look forward to Trump proving you wrong in a few days.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Oh look 150 new posts I wonder if there was a new gaffe.... oh.... ohhhh... :allbuttons:

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

oddjobs posted:

So what's the future for Trump after his loss?

I can't imagine all this poo poo is going to make doing business any easier for him in the near future. Or is the loop already closing around his fraudulent activities (Trump University, other lawsuits) and this is his last ditch effort to save himself?

His own show on a conservative news network where everyone tells him how great he is.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Lotka Volterra posted:

Well it sounds slightly better than their true opinion.
"Donald Trump is right. Hillary Clinton and/or her potential choice for SCOTUS needs to, (and deserves to) be shot. We, along with the rest of the GOP, have a great unity since we stand firmly behind him and if you are a true American you should to. Do what's necessary for a republican future."

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

RZA Encryption posted:

Ok, I'm starting to buy the "Trump's being forced to run against his will and wants to sabotage it" theory.

It's easier to believe that he doesn't think there's anything wrong with what he says. He's not the type to allow constructive criticism.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

This might help Trump win an election...

if it were being held in the Philippines.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Every time my inner Arzy goes "what if this pivot is real :ohdear:"

That guy never learns!!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

If the Trump campaign has shown one thing, it's that if you don't like their current spin on the latest awful thing he said, just wait a day for another. Can't wait to see which children's cartoon gets used as an excuse this time.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

This is literally how L tracked down Kira from Death Note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lord Hydronium posted:

If the Trump campaign has shown one thing, it's that if you don't like their current spin on the latest awful thing he said, just wait a day for another. Can't wait to see which children's cartoon gets used as an excuse this time.

Luckily for them, they only have to wait for his next campaign event in a couple of hours.

• Locked thread