Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
It's the Lion, look at all those Lion heads on his Lion armour and his Lion sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Anastasia Kerensky of the Steel Wolves clan

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Luna Wolves???

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
I thought it was Rogal Dorn, given all the badger motifs.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

looks like a daemon sword tho so probably a traitor???

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Y'all are retarded. It's Omegon.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
It's Pikachu!

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Recoome posted:

lmao my 3rd Company Elite force is loving Kakophoni and Sonic Shrieker spam it's loving glorious

Is it a good army? I've wanted to try them out, but I can never tell if you are being serious.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

If you are facing pure infantry, you will wreck their poo poo so hard that Slaneesh might even say its abit too much.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Going to buy one so I can cover it in gasoline and set it on fire and post the video on youtube and drink the delicious tears of the wolves.

I thin, in a way, I now understand that one guy who would do that to various Forge World models. Not really, but just a bit.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Why doesn't he have a large majestic beard? Immersion ruined.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Same reason Mortarion doesn't have a rebreather despite being described as wearing one in virtually every fluff appearance.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I don't think he has ever had a beard in any piece of art.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Yeah I always pictured him as basically looking like Grimnar.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Primarchs can't grow facial hair. The Emperor gene-coded them to have skin as smooth as a servo-cherub's butt.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

berzerkmonkey posted:

Primarchs can't grow facial hair. The Emperor gene-coded them to have skin as smooth as a servo-cherub's butt.

It's canon that Fulgrim gets a full-body straight razor shave basically daily.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
If Leman Russ doesn't have a beard then what am I supposed to do with all this Russ/Sanguinus bear/twink fan fiction I wrote?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

panascope posted:

It's canon that Fulgrim gets a full-body straight razor shave basically daily.

True, but it's purely sexual.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

BULBASAUR posted:

The legions that give infiltrate 'for free' have an advantage here since they don't need a 100 point vigilator. Otherwise your options are: rhino, vigilator, phobos, or a combination of vigilator + tank. If you take a tank it's mostly for insurance in the case your opponent seizes on you. A rhino won't survive, while a phobos probably will. The phobos also gives you the option to deploying aggressively even if you get second turn. It costs a lot though.

I'm building some seekers for VisV, but plan to run them in my normal army on occasion. I see them as a more flexible tactical support squad. Give them combi meltas, for example, sneak forward and blow up some armour turn 1. Then for the rest of the game fire your AP2 bolters. The small blast ammo type is also good insurance against cult hordes in the case you run into somebody running regular humans. They're less threatening than a support squad, BS5, preferred enemy, and they score.

Then again you could just take some vets. Which are better than practically anything (5 Seekers edge out against a 10 sniper tacticals by quite a margin, but they cost almost 100 points more)

I thought the 7e FAQs said you can't grant a unit Infiltrate by joining them with a special character? Or rather, a character with Infiltrate can't join a unit without it.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Is it a good army? I've wanted to try them out, but I can never tell if you are being serious.

If it's an infantry heavy force then basically it owns bones.

It's not as good if they are immune to fear or similar bullshit, but it's still good as you have infantry shooting out to 36" cause they are relentless

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Command Vehicle
Command Sicaran Battle Tank: auxiliary drive; armoured ceramite; lascannon sponsons 235

Predator Strike Squadron
Predator: lascannon sponsons; machine spirit; multi-melta 155
Predator Strike Squadron
Predator: lascannon sponsons; machine spirit; multi-melta 155

9 Veteran Space Marines: legion vexilla; melta bombs; 2× heavy bolter and suspensor web; + 1 Veteran Sergeant (power weapon; artificer armour) 255
Rhino 35
9 Veteran Space Marines: legion vexilla; melta bombs; 2× heavy bolter and suspensor web; + 1 Veteran Sergeant (power weapon; artificer armour) 255
Rhino 35
Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon
Contemptor-Cortus Dreadnought: chainfist (graviton gun); dreadnought close combat weapon (graviton gun) 175

Land Speeder Squadron
Land Speeder: multi-melta; graviton gun 65
9 Seekers: + 1 Strike Leader 255
Rhino: multi-melta 50
2 Javelin Attack Speeders: 2× multi melta 130

Whirlwind Scorpius 115
Artillery Tank Squadron
Medusa 155
Predator: executioner plasma destroyer; lascannon sponsons; armoured ceramite; machine spirit; multi-melta 230

2.495 points

Is this too good :ohdear:

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 9, 2016

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I think those machine spirits are a bit of a waste on regular old predators. Same with the auxiliary drive and ceramite on the sicaran, doubly so on the predator. That's ~125 points right there which is enough for more tanks!

You're taking some good ROW/Troops choices, but you're not really loaded for bear. You'll have a hell of a time against some primarchs or drop pod lists. I don't think it's particularly nasty for 2500 points.

muskets posted:

I thought the 7e FAQs said you can't grant a unit Infiltrate by joining them with a special character? Or rather, a character with Infiltrate can't join a unit without it.

I looked this up and you're totally right. He can only confer over scout based on the FAQ. So a rhino or phobos are the best options unless you play Alpha Legion- deploy, scout up 12", 6" move, 6" disembark, then it's business time

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 9, 2016

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

I think those machine spirits are a bit of a waste on regular old predators. Same with the auxiliary drive and ceramite on the sicaran, doubly so on the predator. That's ~125 points right there which is enough for more tanks!

No poo poo. That's the point. I could make a better list than this. But I also want people to play against. So v0v.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Nah it 'aint that bad at all dude. Sure it's a lot of tanks, but like I said, you're not loaded for bear. I guess it might intimidate someone who's never played though

e: IMO the only crazy part of your list are all your god drat skimmers

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I have a crippling fear of spartans.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Actually, yeah, use those points to pimp your speeders.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Land Speeders are my AT poo poo because lmao

I have a dread for cracking open Rhinos so the delicious innards can face the music

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I've seen conflicting reports on magnetizing the BoC Contemptor, so I figured I'd ask here: what is the best method for doing so, and what magnet size? I've seen some people say to do it at the shoulder and some at the elbow, and all different magnet sizes.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional posted:

I've seen conflicting reports on magnetizing the BoC Contemptor, so I figured I'd ask here: what is the best method for doing so, and what magnet size? I've seen some people say to do it at the shoulder and some at the elbow, and all different magnet sizes.
I've magnetized two of them for multi-melta/kheres. I use 1/8" magnets and just bore a hole in the center of the ball socket.
1. Bore a hole in the center of the ball socket
2. Apply some glue to the hole and then insert a magnet and push it in with the back of an x-acto or something similar to get it as flush as possible
3. Once the glue dries, plop some paint on top of the magnet
4. Dry-fit the arm while the paint is wet to mark a site for the second magnet
5. Drill a hole in the shoulder mount of the arm
6. Slap a magnet onto the other one already in the ball socket
7. Apply glue to the hole in the arm and dry-fit the arm again to get the second magnet set in the hole

It's a pretty simple process and the magnets should end up fairly flush. Magnetizing at the elbow sounds way too complicated for the plastic kit.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

The only reason I can really think of to magnetize at the elbow would be to make it easier to grab a spare plastic Kheres and stick it on the close combat arm, but doing it at the shoulder seems better for both storage and reducing the chances of screwing up.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Well. I apparently lost my predatortower during moving. But I found my land raider phobos and an extra rhino! Whats the easiest way to get a predator tower? Or would it be kosher to somehow use a LR turret on a predator. IMO, it looks better.

Anyone tried these? http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=349&zenid=ad6c49eff7cb0eb645862c9b179315d5

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 10, 2016

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
Magnetizing the at the model's bicep is easy if you have some larger or smaller magnets than usual. The way the kit is formed, there are no good mounting points for a hole in the arm joint. However, there is a larger gap in the joint that would fit a larger magnet if the extra crap is shaved out of there. I'm at work, otherwise I would post a picture of mine.

As you only get two shoulder parts per dreadnought, magnetizing at the bicep is a good idea for people with multiple dreadnought weapons lying around ( :china: ). But for just sticking with the BaC options, shoulder magnets are easier.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
My Praetor finally has a couple dudes to hang out with, in the form of a squad of Invictus Suzerains. These guys were fun to paint but looking at the photos I feel like I was a little sloppy with em. They look good on the tabletop though!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Stop making me feel bad :(

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
2x20 men assault squads for my WB or 2x15 with Melta bombs on every man? We play the good grenade rules. I just think ten men is not worth the ability to absolutely shatter even a Knight in a charge.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Go melta bombs. I find squads of 20 a bit too big. 15 is the sweet spot. MB means you can wreck vehicles and can put up a fight against motherfuckers like leviathans.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Leviathans I also figured I could tie up with a lot of demons - invuln save fearless units are not common in 30k. Well done on killing 3 bloodletters a turn gg gg

Edit: also anyone know any where to get a decent third party predator infernus turret? Im planning on spicing up my Covenant of Fire list with more master crafted multimeltas and an infernus

Actually editing again, a baal predator looks just as decent tbh.

Lord Twisted fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 11, 2016

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

What are the chances we get rules with the LR model?

High, right?

:negative:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

SRM posted:

My Praetor finally has a couple dudes to hang out with, in the form of a squad of Invictus Suzerains. These guys were fun to paint but looking at the photos I feel like I was a little sloppy with em. They look good on the tabletop though!

While your paintjobs are fantastic, I have to know - what blithering idiot came up with those helmet sculpts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

VanSandman posted:

While your paintjobs are fantastic, I have to know - what blithering idiot came up with those helmet sculpts?

They're based on the helmets form the Ultramarine honor guard

I'm pretty sure they're Jes Goodwin sculpts, maybe Juan Diaz. I think they look awesome.