Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
That lady has to be a paid actress, I literally do not believe Crowder met, courted, got engaged to, and married somebody that hot. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
All I see is that racism is no longer a problem.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Nah man but racism doesn't exist.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
They should have added "reverse racism" onto the list.

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007
Gotta love the kind of world us white dudes inhabit when a problem that directly affects, on average, less than one hundred people a year in this country, is the most important problem you currently face.

poo poo, I've had casual sit down drinks at a bar in Austintown, Ohio with more sitting United States Congressmen (one) than I've met sixth-degree victims of terrorism (zero).

Keeshhound posted:

And when you engage them in the same manner, you legitimize it.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm not particularly interested in getting "Rush Limbaugh, but liberal, so it's ok." I'd rather just keep laughing at what a disorganized mess Rush is.

I'm not a particularly big fan of this either. Being an unprofessional douche to unprofessional douches just makes you an unprofessional douche. That'll teach 'em. I do like HBomb's method though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lightning Knight posted:

That lady has to be a paid actress, I literally do not believe Crowder met, courted, got engaged to, and married somebody that hot. :colbert:

Russia is a wondrous place

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

haha are you loving kidding me? Homeland security worries us that much?

National debt is something that affects people, yes, but it's such a non immediate affect that the white middle class don't see it. I've never once said "poo poo, national debt went up 400 mil today, I can't buy dinner tonight!".

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Vargatron posted:

haha are you loving kidding me? Homeland security worries us that much?

National debt is something that affects people, yes, but it's such a non immediate affect that the white middle class don't see it. I've never once said "poo poo, national debt went up 400 mil today, I can't buy dinner tonight!".

Probably the same fucks who think ISIS is waiting around the corner and that Government Debt works like household debt.

You know, the ones that scream about Freedom at every turn and then vote for oppressive security.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm honestly surprised 18-30 white people aren't more concerned about jobs than nebulous terrorists and the national debt.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Radish posted:

I'm honestly surprised 18-30 white people aren't more concerned about jobs than nebulous terrorists and the national debt.
I'd really like to meet some because I don't believe they exist.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So bets on how the RWM is going to spin this:

https://twitter.com/CandaceSmith_/status/763089093957787649

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

He meant the second amendment people should GET OUT AND VOTE

edit:

Aerox posted:

Kayleigh McEnany on CNN just said it was obvious that he was referring to the NRA, the most powerful lobby in America, and that he was saying the NRA can use their polite non-violent lobbying powers to prevent Hillary from being elected.

CLASSIC LIBERAL MEDIA BIAS STRIKES AGAIN. Everyone is just so mean to Trump, twisting his words all the time.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

When's the last time we had a presidential candidate call for the assassination of his rival? Cause I'm drawing a blank here.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Dexo posted:

edit:

Maybe Ailes can get a job at CNN. I hear they're hiring.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Dexo posted:

edit:

I dare you to name one time a gun was used to threaten or enact violence on another human being.

It can't be done, it's simply has never happened.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Gun violence, you can't explain that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Ahahaha, this is such a limp wristed attempt

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Man, as someone who likes arguing and coming up with BS yarn to spin, being Trump's PR might be fun to test the limits of my ability to spin things.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

47th dimensional chess here.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

I'm expecting regular and thorough use of the "just a joke" defense.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spark That Bled posted:

I'm expecting regular and thorough use of the "just a joke" defense.

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/763106450671562752

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Dexo posted:

Man, as someone who likes arguing and coming up with BS yarn to spin, being Trump's PR might be fun to test the limits of my ability to spin things.

Katrina Pierson was pretty good at that until she forgot about the 4th dimension.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 9, 2016

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008
Let's be fair to Trump here. It's entirely possible to read his statement not as inviting the assassination of Hillary Clinton, but rather as inviting the assassination of the judges she nominates.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Telegnostic posted:

Let's be fair to Trump here. It's entirely possible to read his statement not as inviting the assassination of Hillary Clinton, but rather as inviting the assassination of the judges she nominates.

Clearly the former is par for Trump but the latter means he's acting more presidential.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Rick_Hunter posted:

Clearly the former is par for Trump but the latter means he's acting more presidential.

Technically stopping the Supreme Court from getting new members that you don't agree with is more congressional then presidential.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Stallion Cabana posted:

Technically stopping the Supreme Court from getting new members that you don't agree with is more congressional then presidential.

Look, I'm just saying he's hit bottom and the only way he can go now is up. And this is a good first step. - Some poo poo analyst on CNN

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So Fox News had this guy on yesterday...

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/763048812415823872

https://twitter.com/cernovich/status/234452349790322690

https://twitter.com/cernovich/status/695757135578181632

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Stallion Cabana posted:

Wait until Hillary wins the election in November, and watch how fast they move on hearings for Merrick Garland. They know if they get their (earlier) wish and let the next president decide on a nominee, he or she will be much more liberal than Garland.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Who is this Neil Turner weiner who's always the first person to comment on hilllary's twitter? It's never anything about what she's saying it's always just links to dumb poo poo. Oh and blatant racism

https://twitter.com/NeilTurner_/status/763115969170595840

https://twitter.com/NeilTurner_/status/763116516481110017

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It's a Twitter bot, iirc.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

He says, after posting a picture of a mix race baby that looks a lot more like its white mother than its black father.

Conservatives laugh about sensitive SJWs but there are no one more thin skinned than the alt right. He got triggered by a baby! Make America A Safe Space Again!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

When's the last time we had a presidential candidate call for the assassination of his rival? Cause I'm drawing a blank here.

George Wallace, maybe? I don't know if he ever did, but it would be in character.

The last time I heard about a Trump spokesman named Miller, it turned out to be Trump himself. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out all of Trump's communication staff are sock puppets.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.fandango.com/hillarysamerica:thesecrethistoryofthedemocraticparty_193778/moviereviews

the fandango reviews for that Dinesh D'Souza film are pretty amazing, if you want to read a few thousand people talk about Democrats being the real racists.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

They're trying to distract from the Ailes situation, obviously.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

It's hilarious to me that not a single of white peoples top 3 concerns registers loving anywhere in the other 3 races.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Jurgan posted:

George Wallace, maybe? I don't know if he ever did, but it would be in character.

The last time I heard about a Trump spokesman named Miller, it turned out to be Trump himself. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out all of Trump's communication staff are sock puppets.

:aaa:

Can you imagine his cabinet? :allears:

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Chilichimp posted:

It's hilarious to me that not a single of white peoples top 3 concerns registers loving anywhere in the other 3 races.

Where's that article about white perceptions about racism vs black perceptions about racism?

If you don't acknowledge a problem as a problem, that makes it hard to fix it.

I'd love to see the complete list of ranked concerns. I find it hard to believe that terrorism is really that high on the white list compared to the economy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Sir Tonk posted:

They're trying to distract from the Ailes situation, obviously.

While I can see their effort, comparing this guy's level of racist misogyny to Ailes' levels is like comparing a fairly large puddle to Lake Superior.

So yeah, stuff that scares white people happens to match the things that right wing media loves to harp on and racism is ignored by the majority of the country. Nothing really surprising here.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 10, 2016