Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

oddjobs posted:

So what's the future for Trump after his loss?

I can't imagine all this poo poo is going to make doing business any easier for him in the near future. Or is the loop already closing around his fraudulent activities (Trump University, other lawsuits) and this is his last ditch effort to save himself?

A few news articles already show significant drops in revenue for his stuff. He's gonna get hosed. and my ultimate dream is for the big banks to just coincidentally "call in" all his loans after Nov.

Trabisnikof posted:

So thoughts on Carly Fiorina's bid for RNC chair?

I think it's pretty loving smart, and I will be sad for Democrats if it works.

Reminder: 2009, Black Token #1 - some guy named Steele that gets replaced after 0.00000000000000000000000000000001 nano Plank seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Can the phrase "2nd amendment solutions" be read any other way than shooting someone without bending over backwards?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I wonder what Republicans are gonna do to prevent a Trump from happening again. Superdelegates? That'd probably look bad. No more winner-take-all delegate states to force a brokered convention in the event of a plurality?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Can the phrase "2nd amendment solutions" be read any other way than shooting someone without bending over backwards?

Well, which constitution are we talking about

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
another thing to add to the circle jerk.

What if Trump brings down the NRA?(and the other NRA too)

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Well, which constitution are we talking about

The one that white jesus wrote. :rolleyes:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cool now we're getting owned by North Korea.

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/763113491700088832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

twistedmentat posted:

Rise up Sons of Freedom!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Can we get one of those running " ___ Days Since a Workplace Accident" clocks but have it be for Trump's gaffe's?

Also it should count in hours not days.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

twistedmentat posted:

Well you see "Well regulated militia" and correlation doesn't equal causation therefore

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

twistedmentat posted:

It could mean forming a militia and starting a civil war.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

twistedmentat posted:

He didn't say those exact words, though. It's important to attack him with exactly what he said.

"If she gets to pick her judges...nothing you can do folks. Although the second amendment people maybe there is, I don't know"

You can't stop her if she gets to pick judges. Unless of course, the "second amendment people" do something.

That something is shoot the president.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Oh DPRK, don't ever you never change :allears:

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Amending your tax returns repeatedly to keep the IRS busy and somehow it'll stop bad things from happening.

Invader Zym
Sep 19, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

I'm sure Trump was confused and meant "3rd amendment solutions" - Clinton can be stopped if we started housing soldiers in her home.

This whole situation could have been avoided if only someone was willing to lend Trump their copy of the constitution.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

He didn't say those exact words, though. It's important to attack him with exactly what he said.

"If she gets to pick her judges...nothing you can do folks. Although the second amendment people maybe there is, I don't know"

You can't stop her if she gets to pick judges. Unless of course, the "second amendment people" do something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhWCk2f2alI

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/763116096303935488

"Can you believe how biased the media is? So unfair. They think I said to shoot her?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

Yeah, there's no other way to read his comment without being dishonest as loving poo poo. The context of his quote is explicitly "there's nothing we do EXCEPT second amendment people." It was a dumb offhand comment and the attempts at spin are laughable.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
He meant 21st amendment people can do something about Hillary. :guinness:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Have we ever considered that the pivot IS real, but in a completely different direction?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, there's no other way to read his comment without being dishonest as loving poo poo. The context of his quote is explicitly "there's nothing we do EXCEPT second amendment people." It was a dumb offhand comment and the attempts at spin are laughable.

A lot of it is going to depend on how much the media helps him out.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

We gotta stop those 13th Amendment people from voting

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Riptor posted:

After his intimation that people should murder the next elected president, he starts saying that Scalia was "supposed to be around for another ten years". Please tell me he's alluding to the "scalia was murdered" conspiracy theory there

What? Scalia was 80 and in awful health.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Prester Jane was right

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pakled posted:

I wonder what Republicans are gonna do to prevent a Trump from happening again. Superdelegates? That'd probably look bad. No more winner-take-all delegate states to force a brokered convention in the event of a plurality?

Winner take all, if I remember right, was to prevent another Ron Paul situation.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/763117657453391872

The hits keep on comin folks

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Yeah their spin is hilariously bad, and would work only if the 2nd guaranteed the right of citizens to own time machines shall not be infringed. To me it doesn't even sound like he says "Second Amendment people, maybe there is" as in people already fans of the 2nd, it sounds like "Second Amendment, people, maybe there is", as in actively calling for people to exercise what the 2nd gives them. Like a football coach saying "Come on, people, let's see some hustle!" or whatever.

Anyway just when Trump managed to lay relatively low for a short while he alley-oops the ball up towards his own basket for the greatest chaos dunk known to man.

(It's all sports with me today I guess)

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

A lot of it is going to depend on how much the media helps him out.

I'm sure his campaign is busy counseling him right now on what he actually meant so he can clarify at his next rally, so yeah I guess we'll see if the media tonight is willing to run with that instead

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

At this point I welcome these peckerwoods making their try. Sometimes you gotta pull out a rotten tooth.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Riptor posted:

After his intimation that people should murder the next elected president, he starts saying that Scalia was "supposed to be around for another ten years". Please tell me he's alluding to the "scalia was murdered" conspiracy theory there

Maybe he saw the blood-sealed oath that Scalia made with a demon that promised life until 2026? Presumably the demon reneged when he saw just how evil the fucker was.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

lol if you don't think Scalia was having a gay sex orgy at that hunting lodge before his heart gave out

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

FuturePastNow posted:

lol if you don't think Scalia was having a gay sex orgy at that hunting lodge before his heart gave out

I mean he wasn't biting a pillow for nothing. :v:

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:
He was having two.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

What? Scalia was 80 and in awful health.

Since when has common sense ever prevented retarded conspiracy theories? http://www.newsweek.com/was-scalia-murdered-and-other-questions-worth-asking-429223

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Surely Trump isn't a big fan of the 2nd amendment, since it has the words well-regulated in it.

e:

A Winner is Jew posted:

I mean he wasn't biting a pillow for nothing. :v:

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Nessus posted:

At this point I welcome these peckerwoods making their try. Sometimes you gotta pull out a rotten tooth.

Someone please explain peckerwood to me right now this has been driving me crazy for months.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/763117660330655744

MMhmm

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

CommieGIR posted:

What was that claim that Trump was turning a corner on gaffes?

https://twitter.com/stevenjldamico/status/763090887350026241?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I think this conclusively rules out the 'Trump is a Clinton plant' conspiracy, yes?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Necc0 posted:

I think this conclusively rules out the 'Trump is a Clinton plant' conspiracy, yes?

Everything is going exactly as planned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

PoorMoralCompass posted:

I am much less worried about him winning then I am worried his goads will push someone/a group to real violence. This poo poo plays right into the fears of militia types.

I'm hoping if Hillary wins and there is any violence we finally stop shrugging off right wing terrorists. Imagine any other group stockpiling weaponry and calling for violence what the response would be. For some reason dems also treat them with kid gloves but why? Anyone friendly towards militias are up the Republican rear end in a top hat so not like they are swing voters. I know we have some vague inaccurate romantic ideas of militias from the founding but I can't believe even slightly reasonable gun owners are going to be pro well armed crazies.

• Locked thread