Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

zoux posted:

Yes the shooting part, the one where you were making poo poo up to make it look like we're just as bad, is what im talking about.

to stop shitposting and post serious content for a moment, I was looking up the "beyond that crazy British kid who tried to kill Trump, who has tried to kill Hillary Clinton so far?" and I just found something about an attempt in Israel in 2012 when she was Sec State? but on weird conspiracy sites with a lot of "THE JEWS!!!!" style insanity so I don't trust them

Honestly the Secret Service has been incredibly on their game with Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Obama - there have been a lot of plots, but they've nipped them in the bud before they got closer. Vladimir Arutyunian's grenade attempt on George W. Bush was basically the closest anyone has gotten in a long rear end time, I think?

also I'm not a Trump supporter, I just think things like the invocations of the loving Logan Act, the use of crazy terms like Treason and Traitor, all normally highly prevalent on the right in its discourse, have been infecting the discourse of the progressive left. It is just turnabout is fair play? Not like Republicans ever hesitated to say it, and its not like US discourse has ever been civil, but the more this insane campaign goes on the more my distaste for everyone who should be my ally starts to grow. It helps that Trump people are either lovably clueless like Boosted/Baloogan, or utterly insane whackjobs though. Also "Trump supporter" is a terrible term, please call me a Trumpenstaffel to insult me, it is much more entertaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

nachos posted:

"Trump calls out to gun owners?" holy gently caress CNN you are going to help get a political figure assassinated in the next 4 years

They've been helping schoolchildren get massacred for decades so nothing new

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I hope Trump can last until November. Sooner or later he is going to say April fools or some poo poo right?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Those polls line up very well with Quinn's. PA is cooked.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

lol Hayden is a piece of poo poo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

WHAT THE gently caress

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Laphroaig posted:

to stop shitposting and post serious content for a moment, I was looking up the "beyond that crazy British kid who tried to kill Trump, who has tried to kill Hillary Clinton so far?" and I just found something about an attempt in Israel in 2012 when she was Sec State? but on weird conspiracy sites with a lot of "THE JEWS!!!!" style insanity so I don't trust them

Honestly the Secret Service has been incredibly on their game with Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Obama - there have been a lot of plots, but they've nipped them in the bud before they got closer. Vladimir Arutyunian's grenade attempt on George W. Bush was basically the closest anyone has gotten in a long rear end time, I think?

also I'm not a Trump supporter, I just think things like the invocations of the loving Logan Act, the use of crazy terms like Treason and Traitor, all normally highly prevalent on the right in its discourse, have been infecting the discourse of the progressive left. It is just turnabout is fair play? Not like Republicans ever hesitated to say it, and its not like US discourse has ever been civil, but the more this insane campaign goes on the more my distaste for everyone who should be my ally starts to grow. It helps that Trump people are either lovably clueless like Boosted/Baloogan, or utterly insane whackjobs though. Also "Trump supporter" is a terrible term, please call me a Trumpenstaffel to insult me, it is much more entertaining

I thought you said this wasn't going to be a shitpost.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Laphroaig posted:

Um you're forgetting all that sniper fire she dodged in Bosnia.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

magiccarpet posted:

In all honesty, I believe the evening of Nov 8th is going to be rather dangerous.

sucks to be you guys. I'll probably be somewhere offshore around papua new guinea come november, safe from everything but the unrelenting sea

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
Maybe the Second Amendment folks can "unskew the polls"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Laphroaig posted:

I didnt call you a trump supporter

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

paranoid randroid posted:

i think we sped past magical realism some time last week and are now entering the uncanny magical valley

barron rahl and the tweet of truth

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Obdicut posted:

I thought you said this wasn't going to be a shitpost.

What shitpost?

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Maybe he misspoke and meant to say First Amendment, like someone will stand up and make a really convincing persuasive argument that Clinton will have to listen to due to free speech, and she'll grudgingly agree with the flawless logic

And then, the bit about it'll be a horrible day... uh... for her! That's it...

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/dloesch/status/763112166962540544
https://twitter.com/dloesch/status/763111404295458816

https://twitter.com/twitchyteam/status/763099622411608064

https://twitter.com/amandacarpenter/status/763112877339193344
https://twitter.com/amandacarpenter/status/763113161151029249

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Isn't PA essential for a Trump victory? If he's down 10 point the election is already over, why would any sane person donate money to his campaign at that point?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol at topic title

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

sucks to be you guys. I'll probably be somewhere offshore around papua new guinea come november, safe from everything but the unrelenting sea

yeah until the stars align and you get to watch the R'lyeh Trump Tower emerge from beneath the waves ahead of you

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

zoux posted:

I didnt call you a trump supporter

zoux posted:

Oh so you were making poo poo up ah follow your leader I guess.

yes you did, please say 'follow your fuhrer', namaste

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
whole long tweet thing about how no one is ever just joking, end it with this:

https://twitter.com/5thCircAppeals/status/763109180555210753

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Three Olives posted:

Isn't PA essential for a Trump victory? If he's down 10 point the election is already over, why would any sane person donate money to his campaign at that point?

I think if PA goes Dems, then Hillary has a lock, or basically has to win one more state?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Three Olives posted:

Why would any sane person support Trump? Yet here we are.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

i like this term "second amendment person" Are there other amendment people?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Eonwe posted:

I think if PA goes Dems, then Hillary has a lock, or basically has to win one more state?

i think the way it shakes out is that if he doesnt win PA, he has to win literally everything else

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

i thought it was actually a pretty good and well-delivered joke, but then again, i sure as gently caress wouldn't say it if i was running for the highest office in the world.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Laphroaig posted:

yes you did, please say 'follow your fuhrer', namaste

'fuhrer' doesn't explicitly mean Trump

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/763119384751644676

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Eonwe posted:

She can't lose OH AND VA AND FL if she wins PA

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BWV posted:

there are some people who are only treated like people because of the 13th :)

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Oh I see, he meant Article 2 people, not 2nd amendment people...

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

BWV posted:

i'm a 3rd amendment person myself

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

haha "pressure"

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Over the next 90 days, claims that "the pivot" has finally arrived are going to have to be replaced with "the comeback"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

https://twitter.com/stevekovach/status/763119662880129025

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

BWV posted:

Well, he'd have a hard time explaining "13th amendment people".

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So how many bottles of baileys for our good ol' buddy ol' pal Reince today?

There's probably not enough in the world for him right now

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
who will be the first sitting senator to defend trump's commen...

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Wait, didn't she just today or yesterday speak out against him?

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

BWV posted:

i like to think of myself as a 21st amendment person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Eonwe posted:

lol at topic title

Yeah, it's a good 'un.

• Locked thread