Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, couldn't find that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Solid Cake posted:

I got engaged this weekend so here is the ring I bought for my boyfriend:

It's made of titanium with a stripe of crushed T. Rex fossil (big reddish one) and a smaller stripe of stardust from an Argentinian meteorite. He proposed to me at a (mostly empty) restaurant, but he told me later that he had originally wanted to propose in front of Sue while we were there over the weekend but all the people there made him too nervous. What a huge nerd :3:

A boy wearing an engagement ring?!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a new chain and sprocket set for my VFR. Not pictured because I'm actually really lazy. It's more effort to type these words than get a photo, but I'm too lazy to notice.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Tickets to see this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXX6Sq1Kjc0

and one of these:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Beautiful ring, you chose well. Gratz.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

My wife bought me the college ring I could never afford as an engagement ring. Why not?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

beefnoodle posted:

My wife bought me the college ring I could never afford as an engagement ring. Why not?

Never seen it done in England was all.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Bought a twelve of Fresca.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

I bet its the wedding band, and she had already bought it some time ago, but didn't post until they got engaged (this weekend)

Or she got really loving excited that she's engaged (known to happen!) and immediately went and bought his wedding band.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

blarzgh posted:

I bet its the wedding band, and she had already bought it some time ago, but didn't post until they got engaged (this weekend)

Or she got really loving excited that she's engaged (known to happen!) and immediately went and bought his wedding band.

Or someone who doesn't care about gems, and has a hardon for dinosaurs and meteorites, maybe the kind of person who would be OK with being proposed to at the Field Museum.

I like the ring, my wife doesn't like most gemstones so the engagement ring I bought her has a silver flower in the spot the huge rock would normally go.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
It's a super cool ring and he's a lucky boy to get to wear it, that's the important bit.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

TotalLossBrain posted:

Hyperion is a personal favorite, but it's slow to get going and you really need to read all four books.

You really don't. Just like you don't need to read all Dune books. But Hyperion is also a personal favourite

Randyslawterhouse
Oct 11, 2012

Solid Cake posted:

It's made of titanium with a stripe of crushed T. Rex fossil (big reddish one) and a smaller stripe of stardust from an Argentinian meteorite.

That's awesome
(and congratulations on your engagement :3:)

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

beefnoodle posted:

Tickets to see this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXX6Sq1Kjc0

and one of these:

Crew is Satan's preferred sport, I have no idea why I did it for years, what was I thinking.

On the other hand, if your form is good, it'll work every major muscle group. If you're not totally familiar, I highly recommend watching a few videos to make sure you get the order of operations and posture right. If you don't do it correctly, it's no better than crunches and running.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Tickets to this:

Here:

Best concert venue I've been to before.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

NewFatMike posted:

Crew is Satan's preferred sport, I have no idea why I did it for years, what was I thinking.

On the other hand, if your form is good, it'll work every major muscle group. If you're not totally familiar, I highly recommend watching a few videos to make sure you get the order of operations and posture right. If you don't do it correctly, it's no better than crunches and running.

Thanks, I've been rowing on that model at gyms for years, and am stoked to finally have my own. I roomed with crewbies in college, but didn't do it myself.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

big mean giraffe posted:

Tickets to this:

Here:

Best concert venue I've been to before.
Well that just looks super loving awesome.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
that place is going to smell like so much cheap weed and it will probably be pretty cool

also i bought a car

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Red Rocks is an awesome place to see a show. I'd be at that one if we hadn't moved out of state this summer.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

beefnoodle posted:

Thanks, I've been rowing on that model at gyms for years, and am stoked to finally have my own. I roomed with crewbies in college, but didn't do it myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AMGNv957Xg

This is the best even though he has poor form

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

TotalLossBrain posted:

Dark Matter, on the other hand, is hot garbage. That was a recent purchase of mine and I regret it.

So... why is it bad? I was about to buy it. :ohdear:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

muike posted:

that place is going to smell like so much cheap weed and it will probably be pretty cool

also i bought a car

Well, when the really good weed is cheap here in CO, yeah, it'll smell like cheap weed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Keetron posted:

You are a professional beard grower?

Nope, she's just a fan of what I got ;)

Despite seeing it twice in theaters, I only just bought Deadpool.
As an apology to the character, I also bought the ultimate Deadpool & Cable collection.

Edit

beefnoodle posted:

and one of these:

Ohhhhhh you fucker.
I've wanted one for ages but there's no way I could afford one right now. Did you some out get one used or did you pay retail?

Inzombiac has a new favorite as of 03:28 on Aug 10, 2016

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Ohhhhhh you fucker.
I've wanted one for ages but there's no way I could afford one right now. Did you some out get one used or did you pay retail?

Work has a great employee fitness perk that paid the first 80% of the retail price.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

gmq posted:

So... why is it bad? I was about to buy it. :ohdear:

I didn't care for the plot because it felt predictable and cliched at every turn. Everything reads like I've seen it a dozen times before elsewhere. It gets great reviews from critics and buyers, it just didn't work for me.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

beefnoodle posted:

Work has a great employee fitness perk that paid the first 80% of the retail price.

:negative: oh my god. Ugh....
My jealousy is eternal :negative:

Can I be hired on as a "consultant" for a month?

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
One of these with a Chinese knockoff on the way to replace the cheap rear end handles with g10.

And this for reasons.

Edit: gently caress also got jerky from this dude, go get you some.

Hrvstmn31 has a new favorite as of 06:17 on Aug 10, 2016

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Hrvstmn31 posted:

Edit: gently caress also got jerky from this dude, go get you some.

Black pepper and garlic fatty jerky is incredible.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why the gently caress would you want fat in your jerky? That's literally the least desirable thing to have in jerky. The fat is what goes bad and ruins jerky!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's why you eat the whole bag in one sitting. He has a disclaimer if you want the fatty version.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Fender Super Champ XD

Has a nice combination of classic and modern features.

I like finding good deals on old records, but it's also nice to be the first one to crack open a record and play it.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Bape Culture posted:

Never seen it done in England was all.

In the Nordic countries it's common for both to wear one, although boys / men generally just go for a simple band.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

ChocNitty posted:

Fender Super Champ XD

Has a nice combination of classic and modern features.

I like finding good deals on old records, but it's also nice to be the first one to crack open a record and play it.

That Madness album is about one of the only LPs I didn't throw away over the years.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

big mean giraffe posted:

Black pepper and garlic fatty jerky is incredible.

gently caress I forgot I've wanted to try it for a while now too, I even ordered two bags of the garlic and pepper.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Solid Cake posted:

It's made of titanium with a stripe of crushed T. Rex fossil (big reddish one) and a smaller stripe of stardust from an Argentinian meteorite. He proposed to me at a (mostly empty) restaurant, but he told me later that he had originally wanted to propose in front of Sue while we were there over the weekend but all the people there made him too nervous. What a huge nerd :3:

Congrats!! That's way cooler than plain bands or precious stones.

Just out of curiosity, is there a hidden subtext/reminder in the mixture of dinosaur bones plus meteor? Like, a reminder that just like the dinosaurs, you can take him out in one fell fiery swoop if so inclined?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

OSU_Matthew posted:

Congrats!! That's way cooler than plain bands or precious stones.

Just out of curiosity, is there a hidden subtext/reminder in the mixture of dinosaur bones plus meteor? Like, a reminder that just like the dinosaurs, you can take him out in one fell fiery swoop if so inclined?

Maybe she has tiny arms and he emits a long trail of gas, you insensitive jackass.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Bape Culture posted:

I'm married to an American lady, and I wore my tungsten engagement ring on my left hand up until we got married. I now wear my engagement ring on my right hand and my titanium wedding band on my left. I did gather that boys wearing engagement rings wasn't common.

I'm sure there are etiquette experts somewhere that will freak out over this, but I don't give a poo poo. These are my rings, I know what they mean to me and I will wear the exactly the way I want.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Bape Culture posted:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

PCOS Bill posted:

Why the gently caress would you want fat in your jerky? That's literally the least desirable thing to have in jerky. The fat is what goes bad and ruins jerky!

Because it's delicious? God you are the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Bought this

and had to buy

x2

and a rug I can't find again. :homebrew: