Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Maker Of Shoes posted:

They don't?

Rewards are

- high light purp
- high light exotic
- 18+ strange coins
- pile of 3 of Coins
- Emotes
- Sparrow kits
- probably other things I'm forgetting

-Ghosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

FishBulb posted:

They really need to take strange coins off the nightfall/shaxx table. That poo poo is obnoxious.

I'd rather have 18 strange coins than the 334 Red Specter with Replenish I got last week.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'd rather have 18 strange coins than the 334 Red Specter with Replenish I got last week.

I mean sure but that specter might have been a well rolled something else which is all I want so id prefer to not have the coins as a possibility

Of course I have like 2000 strange coins so maybe it's just a me problem.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

FishBulb posted:

They really need to take strange coins off the nightfall/shaxx table. That poo poo is obnoxious.

Change it with like 20 3oC and I would accept that.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just did a POE in an attempt to replenish my strange coin stock, which was mostly eradicated in a feeble attempt at getting a Zen Meteor. I died falling down to the chest, and I respawn back in the arena with the door locked. loving infuriating.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

They don't?

Rewards are
- high light purp
- high light exotic
- 18+ strange coins
- pile of 3 of Coins
- Emotes
- Sparrow kits
- probably other things I'm forgetting

What a loving joke. Apparently I'm the best at RNG and got a retarded little horn each time.

You guys. This is finally it. I'm super mad at video games.

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

I do things and make things

Maker Of Shoes posted:

such a bad, bad gun.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

fennesz posted:

What a loving joke. Apparently I'm the best at RNG and got a retarded little horn each time.

You guys. This is finally it. I'm super mad at video games.

Get back at me when it takes you 80 HM Crota kills to get a Crux.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

FishBulb posted:

it's just a me problem.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
dear bungie. please let me buy more than one stack of heavy ammo per coin in RoI.

for the love of god please

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Get back at me when it takes you 80 HM Crota kills to get a Crux.

Ouch. I can't speak to farming raids but I've been using 3oC for weeks and weeks trying to get TLW...and getting 3x Suros Regime's, 2x Hard Light's and a bunch of other garbage.

Exotics are one thing, I'll get it eventually, but weapons like that should have a weighted RNG. Like if you've done a Raid 15x and never seen a specific drop it's weighted more and more in your favor until it drops.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Never Got A Crux Crew represent

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

marauderthirty posted:

Just did a POE in an attempt to replenish my strange coin stock, which was mostly eradicated in a feeble attempt at getting a Zen Meteor. I died falling down to the chest, and I respawn back in the arena with the door locked. loving infuriating.

Lmfao

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

marauderthirty posted:

lol I didnt even realize that was possible.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

marauderthirty posted:

It's you. You're that guy.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've never died there, so I don't know if that's the norm or what. I wouldn't be surprised if it was. :destiny:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've fallen all the way down the hole and it only knocks me down to a sliver of health, maybe it's just that I tend to run high armor. Definitely seen it happen to other people though.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

FishBulb posted:

"Hey, gams, thanks for the cash but you know what I'd really like for my birthday? Another lovely hand towel."
- No one. Ever.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Happened to me after I killed Skolas for the first time. Some Warlock in his super was floating around, I hit him and died. Pretty sure I can't ever get the rewards for beating him for the first time.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I always wondered who's skeletons were at the bottom of that thing

I always thought they were people who tried to scrooge mcduck it and tried to breathe doubloons

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Rick_Hunter posted:

"Hey, gams, thanks for the cash but you know what I'd really like for my birthday? Another lovely hand towel."
- No one. Ever.

17 strange coins might as well be nothing. I'd rather have a chance at a good roll on something :shrug:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Or at least take off the slow 'are you sure' poo poo when spending a whole strange coin

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The RNG isn't random enough imo, too many butt towels and helmets for my titan.

I have 330+ butt towels and helmets on every char in the inventory for infusion. Only took me one rank up with FWC to get their helmet and the 2nd to get a FWC class item.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I've received 15 Spektar Aspriet Chests lol

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

marauderthirty posted:

Never Got A Crux Crew represent

Whaddup

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Is soloing Crota's End tough? I...I kind of want to do it...

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Normal or Hard Mode?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Either, really. I never did it when it was current, and I only cleared it once in a "tour the old content" raid night last year.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Emron posted:

Is soloing Crota's End tough? I...I kind of want to do it...

It's a fun little challenge. Once you get your routine down for the bridge and death singers, you can easily speed run it.

Edit. There's plenty of videos on YouTube to help you with each class

el B fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 9, 2016

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
I'm just going to go ahead and repost this here since maybe I'll get some nibbles.

Anyone want to run a Normal KF tonight on PS4 around 7 Pacific? I've done it twice myself (but dont remember much) and have a buddy who really wants to see it at least once.

I am a 335 titan and he's a 330 warlock. You can ping me on psn: Cadavrs4algernon. I'd appreciate it if someone who's familiar with it all be able to step in and help, if possible, but if not i just kinda wanna shoot the poo poo and maybe Oryx as well :-P

1. Cadavrs4algernon
2. Reserved

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I wish Control/Zone Control was the weekly all the time.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
So now that I'm level 40, what the gently caress do I do to get better gear now? I tried the prison but holy gently caress am I bad and don't want to drag everyone down with me.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Intoluene posted:

So now that I'm level 40, what the gently caress do I do to get better gear now? I tried the prison but holy gently caress am I bad and don't want to drag everyone down with me.

Give in to despair. Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Also, just pvp to git gud and wait for RoI.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Pretty much what Rick Hunter said. Also here's a handy table.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

The Meat Dimension posted:

Pretty much what Rick Hunter said. Also here's a handy table.

What is that? A guide for ants?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
E: lmao my googling sucks.

Also do the gunsmith weapons for reputation but feel free and skip the PVP ones if you want, they can be pretty bad. Gunsmith rep lets you place orders for guns (to a maximum of 3) and at rank 2 and 3 drops gun quests.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I'm not quite sure what to make of this fusion. I've used more or less nothing but PlanC/The vendor FWC. I feel like it's perks are pretty solid but I'm not sold. The impact seems pretty low for Acc Coils.

\/ That's kind of what I figured. Doesn't feel punchy enough to really do much.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 10, 2016

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

split shifter is bad, takes 6 bolts to kill no matter what

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

The Meat Dimension posted:

E: lmao my googling sucks.

Also do the gunsmith weapons for reputation but feel free and skip the PVP ones if you want, they can be pretty bad. Gunsmith rep lets you place orders for guns (to a maximum of 3) and at rank 2 and 3 drops gun quests.

This is good info. My guns feel like pea shooters in anything above a basic patrol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

:lol: CoE is absolute dogshit this week

• Locked thread