Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pvt.Scott posted:

Genocide and total warfare work.

N. and S. America were 90% killed by diseases not by any kind of conscious warfare effort, the Babylonians were brutally toppled,WWI and WWII resulted in decades of brutal violence that was present anywhere that wasn't the USA (because our civilian population was untouched and fine) the effects of which are still causing geopolitical instability today.

like bro i'm sorry do you really think wiping out 90% of the ME population is a viable strategy and it's just bc we don't have the balls anymore that we don't do it? cuz even aside from the moral issues involved you're just wrong it's not a good tactic.

another example, Rome and Carthage. Cool then came all the pirates when Carthage was obliterated where before there were pretty much none in the entire Mediterranean. it's a lovely lazy tactic that results in greater headache.

like bro what you're suggesting will start a nuclear war, for sure.

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

N. and S. America were 90% killed by diseases not by any kind of conscious warfare effort, the Babylonians were brutally toppled,WWI and WWII resulted in decades of brutal violence that was present anywhere that wasn't the USA (because our civilian population was untouched and fine) the effects of which are still causing geopolitical instability today.

like bro i'm sorry do you really think wiping out 90% of the ME population is a viable strategy and it's just bc we don't have the balls anymore that we don't do it? cuz even aside from the moral issues involved you're just wrong it's not a good tactic.

another example, Rome and Carthage. Cool then came all the pirates when Carthage was obliterated where before there were pretty much none in the entire Mediterranean. it's a lovely lazy tactic that results in greater headache.

like bro what you're suggesting will start a nuclear war, for sure.

:synpa:

Da MotherFuckin Share Zone

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Madcosby posted:

Da MotherFuckin Share Zone

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Madcosby posted:

Da Motha Fuckin Share Z0ne

FTFY!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

ahahaha omg how stupid

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Madcosby posted:

Da Motha Fuckin Share Z0ne

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 9, 2016

cnut
May 3, 2016

I no that feel

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Moridin920 posted:

No? I fully believe that there's plenty of people with the balls to carry out a massive extinction pogrom. I just don't think that the general populace that supplies any modernized armed force would support them while it is streamed to TwitchTV. I know I wouldn't.

Extreme violence is both a terrible tactic and strategy, yes. Kinda like old school chemo therapy, in a way.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i mean ill grant you it's probably more effective than whatever the hell it is we're doing now

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
It may be that it has some kind of tactical merit in some extreme way but the majority of the people going "y no nukes" are massive knuckle-dragging morons and are not thinking about it for more than 2 seconds

like the esteemed GOP candidate for president of the united states

he's probably given about as much thought to it as facebook macro guy

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

it...it's beautiful

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

I can't stop shaking my head at the computer screen.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Ratjaculation posted:

that photo is a still from the video of the mother dunking the kid into the bin in the background. look it up on youtube its pretty lol

i can't find the video :(

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I can't stop shaking my head at the computer screen.

I just had an Enfield flashback

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Here's some stdh.txt:

:wow: horry poo poo

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
a wine opener

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

psychokitty posted:

I just had an Enfield flashback

That's big boss, not a forums poster you numbnuts

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

notZaar posted:

hey since you seem familiar which MGS game is that from ?? been trying to figure it out for a while

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It's from the game Garrys Mod where you pose virtual puppets from other games and play with them much like a small child plays with action figures.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

lol, this guy used to be a congressman

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

lol, this guy used to be a congressman

you wont believe why he was voted out

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

y'know I've always been a little iffy on seatbelt laws like in an "oh you want to die/get totally hosed up in a car accident but there's a law that says you can't? This raises the slightest of ethical quandaries" sorta way

but I think "spiting Libertarians" is more than enough of a reason for me to support them

how about this you can drive without the belt but the car will give you a half-hour-long lecture on how disappointed it is in you while you're driving

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

y'know I've always been a little iffy on seatbelt laws like in an "oh you want to die/get totally hosed up in a car accident but there's a law that says you can't? This raises the slightest of ethical quandaries" sorta way

but I think "spiting Libertarians" is more than enough of a reason for me to support them

how about this you can drive without the belt but the car will give you a half-hour-long lecture on how disappointed it is in you while you're driving

ejecting out the windshield like a human missile in the middle of the road poses a hazard to other drivers and therefore doesn't really fall under the whole "protecting me from myself laws are dumb" thing

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I'm 100% sure those are just bait for "your healthcare costs affect everyone else" into "well here's what the libertarian party thinks about OBAMACARE"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Monkey Fracas posted:

you don't have to wear a seatbelt, just stay off the public roads. no one at all is stopping you from driving on your own private roadways or going out to the desert flats and flooring it with no seatbelt on.

libertarians are just stupid. they sign a document when they get their license that says "I understand driving on public roads is a privilege not a right, and can be rescinded at any time. I agree to follow all rules/regulations" then they bitch about their rights. it's not even an ethical quandary because nowhere does it say you're entitled to have a driver's license or to use public roadways.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

notZaar posted:

i don't know what these words mean

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Think about it this way, no seat belt law = more libertarians driving without their seatbelt = more dead libertarians.

If they want to self-select out of the gene pool, I say let 'em!

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Dreddout posted:

Think about it this way, no seat belt law = more libertarians driving without their seatbelt = more dead libertarians.

If they want to self-select out of the gene pool, I say let 'em!

without a seatbelt you become a projectile in a high energy collision

they could end up killing other people

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Being flung out of a car and killing someone you hate with your own body would be a pretty cool way to die all things considered

extremely difficult to set up though so yeah wear your seatbelt folks

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I remember a news story about some guy who walked across some train tracks, got hit by a train, and a flying body part severely injured a woman who sued the man's family because his negligence caused her injuries. Bodies are potential projectiles and while it's a one in a million chance, you could leave your grieving family in legal trouble.

e: found it http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-12-29/news/ct-met-train-fatality-suit-20111229_1_amtrak-train-high-speed-train-metra-train

quote:

Ruling in what it called a "tragically bizarre" case, an appeals court found that the estate of a man killed by a train while crossing the Edgebrook Metra station tracks can be held liable after a part of his body sent airborne by the collision struck and injured a bystander.

In 2008, Hiroyuki Joho, 18, was hurrying in pouring rain with an umbrella over his head, trying to catch an inbound Metra train due to arrive in about five minutes when he was struck by a southbound Amtrak train traveling more than 70 mph.

A large portion of his body was thrown about 100 feet on to the southbound platform, where it struck Gayane Zokhrabov, then 58, who was waiting to catch the 8:17 a.m. train to work. She was knocked to the ground, her leg and wrist broken and her shoulder injured.

A Cook County judge dismissed Zokhrabov's lawsuit against Joho's estate, finding that Joho could not have anticipated Zokhrabov's injuries.

A state appeals court, after noting that the case law involving "flying bodies" is sparse, has disagreed, ruling that "it was reasonably foreseeable" that the high-speed train would kill Joho and fling his body down the tracks toward a platform where people were waiting.

Leslie Rosen, who handled Zokhrabov's appeal, said that while the circumstances of the case were "very peculiar and gory and creepy," it ultimately was a straightforward negligence case, no different than if a train passenger had been injured after the engineer hit the brakes.

"If you do something as stupid as this guy did, you have to be responsible for what comes from it," she said.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 10, 2016

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You could argue about inflicting trauma on people witnessing your mangled corpse is affecting others too

I'm talking about your day to day existence

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I could watch idiots get ejected from their windshields at 80 MPH all day. poo poo i'd pay Brighthouse for the privilege to watch it.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

vyst posted:

I could watch idiots get ejected from their windshields at 80 MPH all day. poo poo i'd pay Brighthouse for the privilege to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3JMkfgOSY8&t=122s

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Jared knows what he likes

• Locked thread