Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kurieg posted:

Previous censuses were just demographic data and nothing specifically tying information to a single person was maintained. This one is recording specific information about individuals including their full legal name, and last I checked they were being stored in plaintext on their servers.

Also they just claimed that their servers are unhackable which basically means every hacker in the world is going to be trying now.

I'm not seeing the evil. A facebook account reveals more about you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Telemaze posted:

I'm a ma'am, not a sir. You're really bad at this, Bloody Hedgehog.

Sir, you're getting hysterical.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The-People-Who-Have-No-Concept-Of-Ownership-But-Spend-A-Lot-Of-Time-Talking-About-What's-Theirs

I always suspected that's what they were squeaking about.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I am a transcontinental demi-pangeic and this thread is realy triggering me right now.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Met posted:

I'm not seeing the evil. A facebook account reveals more about you.

And not everyone has a facebook account?

Also they were going to fine people $180 a day for not participating?

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~

Decrepus posted:

triggering

Hahahahgaha! Lol

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

I feel like this in reverse would be A Good Thing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FlyinPingu posted:

what's so hard to comprehend about First Peoples being a good label for the native populations throughout the entire world

this is like when people got up in arms about the word cisgender

I wouldn't want to use a blanket term for the entire world, since the experiences of different native groups haven't all been the same and can't really be painted with a broad brush without committing some historical gaffes. The Maori and the Cree aren't exactly brothers when it comes to their history.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Telemaze posted:

I'm a ma'am, not a sir. You're really bad at this, Bloody Hedgehog.

We need a way to identify gender and race through the internet. What do you propose, Telemaze?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

We need a way to identify gender and race through the internet. What do you propose, Telemaze?

I think some sort of scanner that you press your genitals against would be a good start. If my iPad responds to my fingerprints, genitalprinting technology must be within our grasp.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm 25, my pants are around my ankles and I am furiously trying to escape my phones lock screen by rubbing my cock furiously across the screen. After ten miniutes, an alert comes up informing me I may have testicular cancer

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Trig Discipline posted:

I think some sort of scanner that you press your genitals against would be a good start. If my iPad responds to my fingerprints, genitalprinting technology must be within our grasp.

I was going to suggest we each have little badges next to our usernames.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm 25, my pants are around my ankles and I am furiously trying to escape my phones lock screen by rubbing my cock furiously across the screen. After ten miniutes, an alert comes up informing me I may have testicular cancer

It's cold out and my phone doesn't recognize my junk. Half naked standing in the street screaming about not being able to log into Pokémon Go.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

:smith:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww!

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

You didn't.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's cold out and my phone doesn't recognize my junk. Half naked standing in the street screaming about not being able to log into Pokémon Go.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Would that work if that's the appendage you used to set it up?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Solice Kirsk posted:

This indicates a whole new market for battery-powered genital heaters. Eventually the Chinese will flood the market with cheap ones that explode all over your crotch.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Memento posted:

Would that work if that's the appendage you used to set it up?

code:

if (number_of_ridges > 1) {
    [self.fingerprint processPattern];
}

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Eventually the Chinese will flood the market with cheap ones that explode all over your crotch.

I see you're familiar with the Hong Kong dating scene.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
so that's what Brian Boitano would do.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Data Graham posted:

code:

if (number_of_ridges > 1) {
    [self.fingerprint processPattern];
}

My wife and I were discussing this and we were wondering if you can use your tongue to activate a smartphone touchscreen, and it turns out that yes you can.

Maybe don't try that just after you've unlocked it with your dick, I dunno.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Trig Discipline posted:

I think some sort of scanner that you press your genitals against would be a good start.

Wait I thought that's what the weird slot/tray thing on the front of a computer is for. :psyduck:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

http://i.imgur.com/0G1p1dJ.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/Uh6pfzC.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/RQXh5eJ.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/ZCYM1do.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/nrYUjn3.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/DikR1fJ.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/pYWEnRU.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/68TefwR.mp4

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

I know you're trying to be cute here, but since you asked: I propose that people stop assuming. Especially before they talk poo poo to other posters about "noble savages". In the post of mine that Bloody Hedgehog responded to it was pretty obvious I was speaking as a Native American.

And if you really read that as me being offended that I got called sir, I don't even know what to tell you.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kurieg posted:

Thank you for some funny schaden in which no one dies and the person involved laughs at their own misfortune.

Actually, he was throwing the rope to a drowning orphan.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

Actually, he was throwing the rope to a drowning orphan.

That's the worst attempt at a Triple Lindy I've ever seen.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
That can't have been fun. At least she didn't Greg Louganis herself.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

She'll never sleep with that hot English professor now

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/lawyer_who_won_9b_chevron_judgment_cant_collect_it_2nd_circuit_upholds_rico/

Steven Donziger, noted scam artist and racketeer, got the RICO judgement against him upheld. :smugdog:

The entire judgement can be read here and, while long, is considerably interesting reading, describing how Donziger and his buddies set up this huge scheme to defraud Chevron out of billions of dollars, which fell apart upon the most cursory examination.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Telemaze posted:

I actually am one of those "noble savages" you stupid gently caress.

Telemaize.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/P0Js5yM.mp4

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Telemaze posted:

Honestly I think most of the terms are fine. First Nations, Native American, American Indian, whatever. I usually call myself (capital-N) Native American and I've never had anyone, Native or not, think it's inappropriate. Except some goons I guess?

I mean, I'm not going to tell anyone what words to use because, well, none of it applies to me. I'm not saying that First Peoples is the ~correct~ term or that the other ones are offensive or anything either, I just find people getting worked up over it bizarre.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FlyinPingu posted:

I just find people getting worked up over it bizarre.

Maybe you've been talking to Terse Peoples by mistake?

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
So I guess there's worse things you can get covered with on a Russian road than yellow paint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Xkk__lnCI

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

StarMinstrel posted:

I feel like this in reverse would be A Good Thing.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

Now you've got me curious about British law for this sort-of thing.

Not really the thread but it's broadly similar to the US, it requires resistance to breaking the law to be overcome to qualify as entrapment.

Not that it matters, because without a valid chain of evidence (and given these clowns can't work out what way a camera goes I think it's pretty unlikely that they'll have mastered that) the whole thing is inadmissible in court. However it's probably still enough for Plod to have a chat, and criminals are notoriously bad at not incriminating themselves, so it's likely they've probably got a half-decent success rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Not really the thread but it's broadly similar to the US, it requires resistance to breaking the law to be overcome to qualify as entrapment.

Not that it matters, because without a valid chain of evidence (and given these clowns can't work out what way a camera goes I think it's pretty unlikely that they'll have mastered that) the whole thing is inadmissible in court. However it's probably still enough for Plod to have a chat, and criminals are notoriously bad at not incriminating themselves, so it's likely they've probably got a half-decent success rate.

Thanks that's awesome.

3000 years from now taking place in 1x10^-4000 miliseconds on a picocircuit

"Great^5 Grandpabot, do we have any records of our proud forebearers and how our creators utilized them?"

/accesses then immediately cordons off .gif

"No, no I'm afraid those records were lost to time."