Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Arrgytehpirate posted:

My dream is for Trump to sub 100 electoral votes.
Concerning this, is there any value for the Clinton campaign to go for a 50 state plan and just crush Trump, or will they just play to win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Josef bugman posted:

How the blue staring gently caress is he going to top this, wearing actual nazi uniform, growing the moustache?

I don't know but I can't loving wait for the debates now.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
How about he openly asks Russia to nuke Blue states?

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I think racism is an aspect of our personality we should all identify in ourselves, admit...

You know, people always say this kind of thing "we should recognize we're all a little racist, it's just human nature" and often follow up with statements like "we're all a bit more comfortable with our own race even if we don't like to admit it."

I hear that and I just think, "Uhhhh... no?" and start feeling weird about the person who just admitted that they're a little racist and are more comfortable around people of their own race.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Concerning this, is there any value for the Clinton campaign to go for a 50 state plan and just crush Trump, or will they just play to win?
There is no point in putting money into a state you're going to lose, so they typically don't go after red states. You can use the money more wisely in swing states.

Having said that, Clinton is winning all the swing states, and now she's also winning in GA and AZ and have upped their spending and presence in both states, so who knows.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
A few months back I kind of hoped that when the election was done Trump would just go away and go back to being a second-rate reality TV star/scummy businessman, but now I hope that his image has become so toxic that no-one will ever want to do business with him again. Also just mentioning the name Trump brings images of failure and stupidity. I want his image to be completely tarnished from all this.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Doccers posted:

I don't know but I can't loving wait for the debates now.

The first one falls on my bf's birthday, and we're probably going to be out doing stuff :( . I'm super bummed I won't be able to see it live.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Popular Thug Drink posted:

i think most people agree with that but instead of "make sure we dont hurt anyone who doesnt deserve to be hurt" you got probated multiple times for arguing that treyvon martin deserved it

Horseshit, you forgot the "Nu-uh! Racism is only racism with institutional power" clause.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Madkal posted:

A few months back I kind of hoped that when the election was done Trump would just go away and go back to being a second-rate reality TV star/scummy businessman, but now I hope that his image has become so toxic that no-one will ever want to do business with him again. Also just mentioning the name Trump brings images of failure and stupidity. I want his image to be completely tarnished from all this.

Until Hillary is out of office Trump will tweet 'I would have stopped that' to every shooting or poo poo that goes on.
He's going to be the uber twitter troll.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Samurai Sanders posted:

They have a plan and her name is Debbie Wasserman Schulz

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Who will rid me of this troublesome opponent?

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:
In my defense, I didn't think he could top the stuff he had done up to this point, so best to err on the side of caution.

*spikes a democrat's baby like a football*

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Samurai Sanders posted:

Actually yes. By putting field ops in GA and AZ, they force Trump to have to defend what is usually regarded as an easy win for him, making him divert resources from elsewhere.

Or well, it would, if he had a competent campaign.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Horseshit, you forgot the "Nu-uh! Racism is only racism with institutional power" clause.

i dont understand this post and i dont want to but you're a dumb piece of crap

lizardman posted:

You know, people always say this kind of thing "we should recognize we're all a little racist, it's just human nature" and often follow up with statements like "we're all a bit more comfortable with our own race even if we don't like to admit it."

I hear that and I just think, "Uhhhh... no?" and start feeling weird about the person who just admitted that they're a little racist and are more comfortable around people of their own race.

yeah. "we're all a little bit racist..." is ok if you follow it up with "... and we all need to work on that, and do better, to build a better society" but mattdizzle prefers the "... so you can't call me on it you liberal hypocrite f*g" approach

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

withak posted:

Jim Bob Thorpton the third.
And his trusty shotgun Bess.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

happyhippy posted:

Why not just California?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Mussolini organized a militia that prevented a strike and terrorized opposition areas of Italy, and Hitler capitalized on an attack on a government building.

So I assume Trump will organize a militia to attack a government building.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Paul Ryan needs to sever.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

The first one falls on my bf's birthday, and we're probably going to be out doing stuff :( . I'm super bummed I won't be able to see it live.

I read this as going to be doing butt stuff. We read the narrative we want to read I guess. Trump / Pence 2016!

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

withak posted:

Trump: "I hope someone shoots her. Really, someone should shut her up permanently."
Trump Campaign: "Well you see what he really meant was that he hopes someone shoots (as in shooting a camera taking a picture) her. Pronouns can refer to a lot of things so there's no way he even meant Hillary. He wants someone to just crush her in a debate."

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

iospace posted:

Actually yes. By putting field ops in GA and AZ, they force Trump to have to defend what is usually regarded as an easy win for him, making him divert resources from elsewhere.

Or well, it would, if he had a competent campaign.
Nah his plan to avoid spending money countering hilldog is to just avoid spending money at all on his campaign.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Rygar201 posted:

Paul Ryan needs to sever.

He's in too far.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Stereotype posted:

Mussolini organized a militia that prevented a strike and terrorized opposition areas of Italy, and Hitler capitalized on an attack on a government building.

So I assume Trump will organize a militia to attack a government building.

So Mussolini's militia was the Blackshirts, Hitler's militia was the Brownshirts, will Trumps militia be the Redshirts?

(Star trek reference ahoy)

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

happyhippy posted:

GWEN IFILL: Mr. Trump, it has been reported that you have called for Russia to launch a surprise nuclear attack on America. Is this true?

DONALD TRUMP: Just Rosie O'Donnel. And by the way, I have it on good authority that she's planning to launch a nuclear attack on America first.

GWEN IFILL: Secretary Clinton, you have 2 minutes to respond.

HILLARY CLINTON: (MOUTH AGAPE)

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Popular Thug Drink posted:

yeah. "we're all a little bit racist..." is ok if you follow it up with "... and we all need to work on that, and do better, to build a better society" but mattdizzle prefers the "... so you can't call me on it you liberal hypocrite f*g" approach

Why would i call you a liberal? I've been a liberal since i was old enough to think and will always be one. Stop assuming there arent Keynesian racists. The rest is a fair point. (I mean "Getting called on it" is the whole thing i'm seeking when posting here but, that depends on if its fun for you)

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 9, 2016

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

paul ryan will reject trump minutes before his primary is called in his favor. Then when asked about his support for trump he will say: 'I disavowed trump, well, before even the end of my primary. What more could I do?.. No more questions!'.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011
This could be the turnaround moment Trump needs. If Hilary is anti-getting-shot, that is pretty much the same thing as being anti-gun.

Easily worth +4%; wavering republicans being reminded of a key issue on which they are closer to Trump than Hilary. The whole 'political correctness' angle of how one clumsily-worded phrase can lose you your job will play well in certain circles too.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump's secret service are going to be fighting off Estonian assassins crawling up Trump Tower while at the same time Clinton's secret service will be fending off yokels with truck bombs

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

radmonger posted:

This could be the turnaround moment Trump needs. If Hilary is anti-getting-shot, that is pretty much the same thing as being anti-gun.

Easily worth +4%; wavering republicans being reminded of a key issue on which they are closer to Trump than Hilary. The whole 'political correctness' angle of how one clumsily-worded phrase can lose you your job will play well in certain circles too.

If Hillary is anti-getting-shot, then is Trump pro-getting-shot?

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

Doccers posted:

So Mussolini's militia was the Blackshirts, Hitler's militia was the Brownshirts, will Trumps militia be the Redshirts?

Goldshirts, duh.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Argas posted:

If Hillary is anti-getting-shot, then is Trump pro-getting-shot?

only in the foot.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

happyhippy posted:

Until Hillary is out of office Trump will tweet 'I would have stopped that' to every shooting or poo poo that goes on.
He's going to be the uber twitter troll.

You're assuming Twitter doesn't ban him.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I remember when I thought MattD1zzl3 was just a dumb dude with bad opinions about TV. Now I know he's just all around dumb.

I can't say I'm shocked.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Doccers posted:

The Orangeshirts.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Who would be foolish enough to try and kill a women who murdered 90+ people with her bare hands and was never caught?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

PhazonLink posted:

You're assuming Twitter doesn't ban him.

It took years for them to ban Nero and they're doing nothing about harassment, so like gently caress they're doing anything to a billionaire millionaire debt ridden litigious scumbag who has millions of angry followers.

edrith
Apr 10, 2013

Doccers posted:

(local health insurance company slogan. Makes me cackle every time I drive by their billboards.)

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Speaking of the 50 state strategy

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/763140472537812992?s=09

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/763008129923686400

I guess we're going to find out if political ads matter at all.

This is from this morning and may have been discussed but how mad are broadcasters that one side is basically just not spending any money on ads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

rscott posted:

This is from this morning and may have been discussed but how mad are broadcasters that one side is basically just not spending any money on ads?

That's a good point, it'll be interesting to see how much Trump's incompetence costs the tv business.

• Locked thread