Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Poison Mushroom posted:

I really hope it wasn't swapped because, honestly, I'm getting a little tired of the "important artifact was stolen from under the heroes' noses" plot point.

hrm. when else has that happened? the sword was stolen at the end of the last chapter, and... that's all i can think of, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Noonsaliwah posted:

My interpretation was the bin shot was showing the little baubles falling off (because of the emphasis on the three little shiny baubles clacking away from the wand as it lands). Like, as if they washed the new powers clean off the wand.

They washed off the magic runes on the handle, the wand is broken forever.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Cat Mattress posted:

Too late.

The heroes were firmly established as idiots when Almond got characterized as "thinking is for wussies, act like a jackass instead" while Cucumber was characterized as "I know what we're doing won't work but I'm too meek and spineless to put my foot down and wrangle the rest of my team of jabronis into looking for a real solution".

In fairness, they're like ten or something.

Besides that, I feel like their recent development has been in the opposite direction: Cucumber's been noticeably more confident--ordering Carrot to pursue while he Noiseblasted the minions, standing his ground on letting the Roselings have Rosemaster's orb, actually having a conversation with NK (which takes a lot of guts, even if it got interrupted midway). Almond's seemed a bit different too lately, especially in the very last strip. I hope they do actually talk it out, because I want to hear what's going on in her head after everything that happened last chapter. Which might be too pat, but I'd be willing to put it down to good siblings opening up to each other.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
And now, Cucumber says what everyone has been thinking for some time:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-746/

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jazu posted:

They washed off the magic runes on the handle, the wand is broken forever.

wosh u wand

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

idonotlikepeas posted:

And now, Cucumber says what everyone has been thinking for some time:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-746/

Man, Cuco must be really mad. Not even a little bit of tact.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Cavelcade posted:

All this kid wanted to do was go to magic school. Can't do that, gotta be a hero!

He had several chances to talk it out and make peace. Nope! Gotta fight the bad guy!

He's been dragged around kingdom after kingdom dealing with this crap. He's just tired and wants to get it over with.

Forget tact. This has been coming for a while.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cavelcade posted:

Almond deserves worse. People have gotten hurt because she wanted to run around playing hero and she's just dug herself deeper at every turn.

She's cute and has her silly little crush on the bucktoothed rock-witch girl but Almond's really kind of a bad person.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
drat, Cuco, that's cold. Maybe not unwarranted, but cold.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It only took five years to address this plot point.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The weenie brother's patience is long as his tongue is sharp.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
:sbahj:

That is one hell of a slam. But Almond had it coming 100%. She really did make this whole thing happen for no real reason besides ADVENTURE when Cucumber was the one who was going to be on the hook for the consequences. Then she gets mad at him when he tries to approach the problem on his own terms because it's not the right way, which is the one that maximizes her ADVENTURE. He's going to apologize later, because that's the kind of person he is, but hopefully this is a proper wake-up call for Almond.

Also, it's an interesting touch that Cucumber gets really cold and distant when he's angry. It's a nice contrast to the rest of the cast.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

He's going to apologize later, because that's the kind of person he is, but hopefully this is a proper wake-up call for Almond.

I'd give it a chapter. I get the impression that she's gonna heel off the back of this for a while.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Cuco is finally confronting the real villain of the comic.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Cuco is finally confronting the real villain of the comic.
The Dream Oracle isn't in this though??

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

theshim posted:

The Dream Oracle Nightmare Knight Glitchmaster Cordelia Cosmo Cabbage isn't in this though??

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

I'd give it a chapter. I get the impression that she's gonna heel off the back of this for a while.

I would love to see her actually team up with Peridot. Just for the reactions.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

I would love to see her actually team up with Peridot. Just for the reactions.

I dunno. That sorta runs counter to the whole "gently caress this, let's just get this shitshow over with" shock attitude she's running.

If I were a betting man I'd not put a lot of cash on there being many Almond based funnies in this chapter.

Cu snapping at her might just be the tip of the iceberg for this whole affair.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 9, 2016

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE
poo poo, cuco laid it out.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Dare I say that we might see a switch to eeeevil?

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I think your implying Almond turning for a little while but i still got my hopes up for Nightmare Cucumber.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Both would be cool.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Super Punisher PeriMond Squad vs. Nightmare Apprentice. Let's go.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Oh no Almond don't go fight your crush when angry at your bro that's not going to end well. :ohdear:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Siivola posted:

Oh no Almond don't go fight your crush when angry at your bro that's not going to end well. :ohdear:

Peridot's gonna lose a loving eye.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Peridot's gonna lose a loving eye.

The Witch betrayed by those closest to her "Punished (Venom) Peridot"

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Stormgale posted:

"NK has come to."

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Stormgale posted:

"BLT played us like a drat fiddle!"

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-749/

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
Don't forget 750, 751 and 752.

Gigi's value game is on point - this near-monochrome palette really shows how good she's gotten.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Likewise, the color returning was really effective here. Sure it's on the saccharine side, but that fits exactly what Nautilus is doing.

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.
I didn't want to say anything regarding the whole "cucumber finally getting fed up with almonds poo poo" situation because I was sure the next update was going to be cucumber falling over himself trying to apologize. But him absolutely meaning what he said and is only sad that it made someone else upset is a huge deal character development-wise. So in a delayed response to Cucumber finally growing a backbone all I have to say is

:drat:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cucumber is wrong, that absolutely is something Almond needed to hear.

She probably needed to hear it way earlier, honestly.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The images (not the whole website, the comic images themselves) take a good while to load lately, I don't know if it's something on my end.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Blackheart posted:

The images (not the whole website, the comic images themselves) take a good while to load lately, I don't know if it's something on my end.

I notice the same thing on update days - it's probably the server getting hammered.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Cucumber is wrong, that absolutely is something Almond needed to hear.

She probably needed to hear it way earlier, honestly.

She needed to hear it, but she didn't need to hear it like that.

On the other hand, Cuco probably did need to say it right then.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cavelcade posted:

She needed to hear it, but she didn't need to hear it like that.

On the other hand, Cuco probably did need to say it right then.

Honest question: what would have been a better way to tell it to her?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I'm curious as well. I mean, if he had been his standard meek self, she would've just blown him off and nothing would change.

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016

A cake would've softened the blow, or at least some shortbread cookies.

You think Nightmare Knight is busy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

betamax hipster posted:

A cake would've softened the blow, or at least some shortbread cookies.

You think Nightmare Knight is busy?

"If you hadn't treated this like a game when we had a chance to stop it, then Nightmare Knight wouldn't be here making us these delicious pastries. So thanks!"