Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Idk i'd probably rather be straight-up rejected and get hurt for a few hours/days, than "are they stringing me along/maybe they really are busy?" that could go on for weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

I always hear about how kitchen folk are hosed up all the time but you must have taken it to another level

lol dude I was one of the more even tempered people in there, you'd be surprised

anyway crossposting:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

darkhand posted:

Idk i'd probably rather be straight-up rejected and get hurt for a few hours/days, than "are they stringing me along/maybe they really are busy?" that could go on for weeks.

i'd rather they wanna bump uglies honestly.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

darkhand posted:

Yeah, that's the lovely thing about being ghosted. I don't mind if a girl rejects me for second date, there are a million ways to do it politely, but waiting forever for a response than isn't coming just sucks. I used to think getting a response a week later with "Sorry, I was busy." meant I still had a chance, but nowadays I know that it doesn't mean anything unless they also respond to your initial question. I figure now if I don't hear back by the next day or two it's over. Waiting that long just to find out they're not interested is irritating.

Oh and sorry I wasn't clear on what a table tent is. Probable the only reason I know the name for those things is I had a bar owner that was obsessed with their placement and insisted that having them in the center of the table, not the end, was crucial to Happy Hour success. The particular one from my story was wooden, similar to this one:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
bartenders get all the abuse

they get angry customers, they get the customers that are angry because a server hosed up their order and the server tries to blame the bartender, they get kitchen staff hollering for drinks

what's really amazing to me is the people who storm into the kitchen all butthurt about some dumb poo poo like fool i'm holding a 10" knife in my hand and you're in my face about some poo poo that doesn't even come from my station best check yourself. those are pretty rare though.

you whore customers don't deserve a nice cook like me

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
drat, I've never had anyone storm the kitchen like that and I thought I'd seen it all after the day someone poo poo on the floor on one end of the restaurant while I broke up a fight on the other end.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
this one is a doozy

quote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/4wygub/my_boyfriend_30m_admitted_to_tracking_me_27f_on/

On the ride back I brought it up again and asked what he was really doing because I really wasn't buying his story. This is when he admitted to me that he often will drive by places I say I am on business trips to see if I'm really there. If we're staying less than 2 or 3 hours away, he'll drive to that town to see if my car is really outside the hotel I'm staying at. If I say we're stopping somewhere on the drive home, he'll go there and see what I'm really doing, if everything is platonic like I say it is, etc.

I feel hugely violated. For one, he has never mentioned feeling so insecure about my relationship with my coworkers. Secondly, he trusts me so little that he will drive 2 hours to the Best Western four towns over just to make sure I'm really there when I say I am?!

He says that he's not doing anything wrong. He's not tracking my phone or reading my messages. That it's his right to drive to another town if he wants to, and he's only doing it out of concern for our relationship and its integrity.

I'm not crazy, am I? I think this is totally insane and I'm not sure I want to be in a relationship with someone like that. But he's so insistent that he's done nothing wrong, I don't know. I guess I just need advice on what to do.

tl;dr: Boyfriend has been "checking up" on me when I'm away on business trips. I feel violated but he thinks he's done nothing wrong.

The Gay Bean
Apr 19, 2004

CubanMissile posted:

Dudes really are scary though. Today I got a table tent thrown at my head by a probable rapist.

I was bartending and one of the servers had just gotten off and was sitting at the bar chatting with one of the customers. I gave the girl two shots and a beer and she was instantly on the floor. I imagine she had either been secretly drinking on shift, popping pills, or got roofied because she was no longer able to keep her head up and was talking nonsense.

The dude she was talking to keep asking to drive her home and eventually she was like "ooooookay". At this point I stepped in and told the guy another server was gonna take her home so don't worry about it. He got really defensive and just kept repeating "Why? I'm just being nice and doing her a favor!" and kept insisting he take her. Then I had to tell him "Listen man, there's no way in hell you're taking this girl anywhere. You're being way too insistent on taking someone you don't know home when she can barely talk. Leave or I call the cops." He pitched a fit about how he was just trying to be helpful and then threw a table tent at me on his way out the door.

A couple of years ago I was flirting with a girl in a bar, but then she got super drunk so I backed off. Her friends tried to get her to leave and she wouldn't, so they split on her; at this point she was barely coherent, in a crowded dive bar where she knew nobody. She was going up to random dudes and dancing really dirty, and guys were taking advantage of the situation and feeling her up covertly. I saw that happen no fewer than 3 times.

Anyway, she eventually worked her way back to me, and I asked her if she was alright. She slurred something I could barely understand, and I asked her if she needed help getting home. She said she lived nearby and I offered for my friend and I to walk her home.

On our way out the door some hero girl comes and asked me, "do you know this girl?!" in this really lovely accusatory tone. I said, "no, all her friends left her, and I'm walking her home." She said, "I can't let you do that, " and then I suggested that maybe she should help the drunk girl get home if she won't let me, to which she rolled her eyes and walked away, claiming victory at saving a girl from a rapist. Drunk girl then walks off in a huff after being humiliated.

After drunk girl came back to me a few more times and kept trying to rub her rear end against me while hero girl looked on sullenly I just split and went to another bar that wasn't an awkward disaster. I heard from a bartender friend of mine that they had to scrape her off of the floor at closing time.

This is not stdh as much as it might read like it. You were probably right to do what you did, but just know that it feels like absolute poo poo to be accused of being a rapist in the middle of doing a good deed. I didn't flip out because I do understand that bad poo poo happens, but because of the situation I'm much more hesitant to help out strangers now.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

CubanMissile posted:

drat, I've never had anyone storm the kitchen like that and I thought I'd seen it all after the day someone poo poo on the floor on one end of the restaurant while I broke up a fight on the other end.

My cousin's boyfriend did this once because he felt they were taking too long, and it was extremely embarrassing for everyone else at the table. I didn't even eat because I was sure they would spit in our food. Are any kitchen employees able to confirm/deny if that kind of things happen?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Gay Bean posted:

A couple of years ago I was flirting with a girl in a bar, but then she got super drunk so I backed off. Her friends tried to get her to leave and she wouldn't, so they split on her; at this point she was barely coherent, in a crowded dive bar where she knew nobody. She was going up to random dudes and dancing really dirty, and guys were taking advantage of the situation and feeling her up covertly. I saw that happen no fewer than 3 times.

Anyway, she eventually worked her way back to me, and I asked her if she was alright. She slurred something I could barely understand, and I asked her if she needed help getting home. She said she lived nearby and I offered for my friend and I to walk her home.

On our way out the door some hero girl comes and asked me, "do you know this girl?!" in this really lovely accusatory tone. I said, "no, all her friends left her, and I'm walking her home." She said, "I can't let you do that, " and then I suggested that maybe she should help the drunk girl get home if she won't let me, to which she rolled her eyes and walked away, claiming victory at saving a girl from a rapist. Drunk girl then walks off in a huff after being humiliated.

After drunk girl came back to me a few more times and kept trying to rub her rear end against me while hero girl looked on sullenly I just split and went to another bar that wasn't an awkward disaster. I heard from a bartender friend of mine that they had to scrape her off of the floor at closing time.

This is not stdh as much as it might read like it. You were probably right to do what you did, but just know that it feels like absolute poo poo to be accused of being a rapist in the middle of doing a good deed. I didn't flip out because I do understand that bad poo poo happens, but because of the situation I'm much more hesitant to help out strangers now.

To be fair the smart move is to get some of the lady staff involved. "Hey this girl is pissed out of her gourd, I saw her friends leave and she needs help getting home. I don't know her. Can you help?"

You'd have to meet some straight psycho ladies who would not want to help you out. Hell you could ask a group of women at the bar if they don't seem like bitches.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 10, 2016

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The difference between our stories is that in yours her friends ditched her, and in mine her coworkers were repeatedly telling this guy that we would take care of it.

Edit: Coworkers who some are also female. This guy's level of insistence even after we were not so subtle about thinking he was going to rape her is a huge red flag. I took pains at first to make it look like we were bailing this guy out of needing to help so it didn't look like I was accusing him of rape, but he just kept on trucking. And there's no way she would have been able to speak coherently enough to tell this dude where she lives.

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 10, 2016

The Gay Bean
Apr 19, 2004
Yeah, I'm not saying you handled it wrongly. The only thing hero girl did wrong is not approach me reasonably in the first place (instead of immediately accusing me) and not taking me up on the suggestion to help her home. I'm mainly posting because that episode makes me mad to this day and it feels good to write about it.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
A movie where a black man and a woman wake a straight white guy up to the realities of the underlying systematic oppression of human society, managed and enforced by white men in suits.

Obviously, this movie is saying all women are loving cunts.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ausmund posted:

A movie where a black man and a woman wake a straight white guy up to the realities of the underlying systematic oppression of human society, managed and enforced by white men in suits.

What?

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
also relevant to the thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGWYhEWlXfM

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/

stay in wonderland my friend

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Ausmund posted:

what movie

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

mind the walrus posted:

To be fair the smart move is to get some of the lady staff involved. "Hey this girl is pissed out of her gourd, I saw her friends leave and she needs help getting home. I don't know her. Can you help?"

You'd have to meet some straight psycho ladies who would not want to help you out. Hell you could ask a group of women at the bar if they don't seem like bitches.

You'd be surprised how many people leave their good friends wasted at a bar. I've tried to stop people before and been like "Hey! What about your friend!" and they've just walked out or told me I had to take care of if. Even after explaining that I can't "just call a cab" because most cab drivers will straight up drive away if they see the client needs to be carried to the car. Then these people's friends will be like "well you take her home." Sometimes I'm alone at the bar, I can't just lock the doors and close the place down to drive your friend home. People are poo poo.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Are you having a stroke?

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Ausmund posted:

Men in Black 2?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

The Gay Bean posted:

bad vibes all around story

Both you and 'hero girl' did the right thing considering the specific situation so try not to beat yourself up overmuch about it, especially considering that the drunk girl was oozing with that drunken, vulnerable desperation that give a room full of strangers the 'sick member of the herd' awareness. That just puts everyone on edge. If 'hero girl' hadn't walked into the bar just as you were trying to leave with 'drunk girl,' then you would've easily gotten in trouble further on down the line because two dudes dragging an incredibly drunk girl anywhere by foot is always a reasonable cause for concern.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The Gay Bean posted:

I have one kind of like this but with a twist. Let's say that their names were Jessica and Zoey and my name is David.

So a big group of us teenagers were partying in Mexico back before the place was a warzone. The legal drinking age there is 18 so as young adults with sudden sanction to drink are want to do we all starting getting poo poo faced at some touristy bar. I started to lose track of most of our group. Anyway at some point in the night Jessica finds me and tells me that Zoey is so drunk she's about to pass out and can I please get them back to the hotel. Jessica is pretty drunk but functional enough to move, I'm kind of drunk but still lucid, but Zoey is loving HAMMERED. I know these girls but not that well.

Anyway we start walking and I'm basically supporting each of them on one arm as we start trudging across the beach (the hotel was only like 500 feet from the bar and both were waterfront locations). Jessica is fine and moving under her own power but Zoey is really god drat drunk and it's a struggle to keep her moving. Eventually her legs just start giving out all of a sudden and I have to let go of Jessica so I can awkwardly support Zoey's slow-fall to the sand. For some reason the fact that she is going down and I'm holding her convinces her drunken mind that I'm trying to rape her. She starts saying stuff like "no David, please don't rape me. Please don't rape me, no". She keeps repeating this over and over and I am now the most awkward man in the universe and also slightly terrified and I have no idea what to do. Jessica is just standing there not saying much but she can tell this is weird as Zoey goes on and on about my not-rape. I seriously considered high tailing it either with Jessica or alone to avoid being attacked by bystanders, but I decide I'll have to to risk it because I can't leave someone this drunk alone at night on a Mexican beach. Eventually she calms down and I get her up and moving again. Nobody seems to have noticed anything amiss (there weren't many people on the beach at that point) and the three of us make it to the hotel without further incident. Jessica thanks me for getting them back and says she's sorry about Zoey and gives me a kiss on the cheek as they head into their room.

At some point the next day Jessica tells Zoey what she did and then she just would not stop apologizing to me and was super embarrassed about the entire thing.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

"Chicken fried chicken"

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I was able to successfully drag a drunkenly incoherent girl back to her own place with a buddy by foot, without either of us getting into trouble...
HOWEVER I would like to point out that:
  • we just so happened to be on the Las Vegas strip (where no one cares about these things)
  • we already knew where the girl was meant to go home to because
  • the girl was actually my girlfriend, and
  • she wasn't actually drunk so much as she was -temporarily- completely out of her mind on lsd at the time.

So, I guess I'd really hafta say it's entirely situational.
Nonetheless I've gotta admit it was really rather distressing hearing my longterm girlfriend asking me whether me and my friend were going to rape and murder her once we got back to the hotel. So I guess I can say I reverse-feel you, bro. It's tough out there and sometimes -the bitches- they can be cray.

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 10, 2016

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Once I was driving home from my bf's house and as I went through a rich neighborhood this lady came stumbling out into the street and flagged me down. I ended up driving her to some other rich neighborhood and she was v nice if super fuckin wasted and kept nodding off while I drove her. We were right on the edge of the bad part of town so I figured it was better I pick her up than someone else. Then people were mad at me for being a 22 year old lady picking up some random drunk lady in a rich neighborhood and giving her a ride. Welp that's my helping-drunks story thx for listening also Elliot was a creep I remember watching his last vid the night it happened and feeling spooked

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Once I stumbled across a chick friend of mine so drunk she kept falling asleep at the bar, got her away from some dickhole that "wanted to drive her home" and after a great deal of effort and convincing managed to get her to her boyfriends dads work and handed her over to him to deal with. He took her home and banged her.

People, what a pack of bastards.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
you all are the gentlest of goons

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I would be so offended if someone implied I was going to rape a lady I was walking home

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Groovelord Neato posted:

no catullus was the first gangster rapper.

I bet your high school Latin teacher told you that.

Catullus and the other Roman elegists are mostly parodying the Nice Guy type, actually. There's also a sort of deliberately absurd humor built off of the late Republican/early Empire competitive/agonistic masculinity of upper-class Roman men.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
e: this post was way too many words about chicken fried chicken, which is delicious

TheKennedys fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 10, 2016

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the first time I went to a college party I ended up not drinking any alcohol and took it upon myself to keep an eye on my friends. we were all ready to leave by the time one of them started guzzling random shots and cups people left around the house while another couldn't stop laughing for no apparent reason and fell to the floor and threw up

TheKennedys posted:

e: this post was way too many words about chicken fried chicken, which is delicious

I was hoping those images would be about chicken fried chicken too :(

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

TheKennedys posted:

Dumpster fire

Holy poo poo :stare:

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

Don Tacorleone posted:

I would be so offended if someone implied I was going to rape a lady I was walking home

You joke but, yeah. I have been.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

I always hear about how kitchen folk are hosed up all the time but you must have taken it to another level

As someone who grew up in the same culture, in relatively the same income bracket, during the same years as this fuckwit can someone please point me to the explicit examples where male virginity was unironically shamed en masse? Did he think American Pie was a documentary?

Being a 22-year-old male virgin is definitely something that will get you shamed by people, dude. Obviously it's not as bad as Elliott Rodgers made it out to be, because he was an insane homicidal maniac with a broken brain, but being a male virgin into your twenties is definitely something that will get you mocked by your peers, because it's weird.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Hopsin is 31......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRVOOwFNp5U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyWO2c09TJo

Celery Face fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 10, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

lol

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Once I took too much mdma and pretty much dont remember anything and my beautiful guy friend didnt take advantage of me, so guys can get wasted and then be notraped to!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Cnut the Great posted:

Being a 22-year-old male virgin is definitely something that will get you shamed by people, dude. Obviously it's not as bad as Elliott Rodgers made it out to be, because he was an insane homicidal maniac with a broken brain, but being a male virgin into your twenties is definitely something that will get you mocked by your peers, because it's weird.

It's not like you have to tell anyone and unless you look like the gooniest goon, no one is ever going to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

He really hosed up the Nurture Dependence part of the DENNIS system.

• Locked thread