Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

The best part was that he was voiced by a human going "grr" and "arf"
What the hell is he even from? Final Fantasy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005
So I tried installing "Snap n' build". I installed it using mod organizer. I went in game and used the holotape. I have the new building pieces in my menu, but nothing will snap to the first piece I lay down. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know a solution?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Falken posted:

What the hell is he even from? Final Fantasy?

Tales of Vesperia. A JRPG only available on the 360. Unless you happen to live in Japan in which case you can get the PS3 updated re-release that lets you put sunglasses on that dog (among other things).

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Hey do you guys want event more tattoos? Lore Friendly Tattoo's add's 13 magazines to the Wasteland with over 100 lore friendly art based on the Fallout series to the Wasteland. It's pretty awesome.

Annoyed at the perfect operation condition of firearms? Weapon Jams adds a slight chance of jamming on older/improvised firearms based on weapon mods as well as some stat stuff. Nothing else, no older Fallout style conditioning. Go crazy.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

BigRoman posted:

So I tried installing "Snap n' build". I installed it using mod organizer. I went in game and used the holotape. I have the new building pieces in my menu, but nothing will snap to the first piece I lay down. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know a solution?

Which part are you putting down? I've found it to be a little annoying at times, and a lot of the time things that aren't Snap'N'Build won't snap to... well... Snap'N'Build. You can try putting down a Foundation from the Residental section, and then seeing if a floor from the same section will snap on top of that.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
So this looked pretty cool and is going under the radar on Nexus.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17170/

Giiiiant loving magnum revolver rifle which really kind of fits, I feel due to in universe America going into the 'Bigger! BIGGER! BIGGER!' line of thinking (See: Liberty prime)

Really nice model, and a nice group of mods. It also looks like it really fits in the hands of the power armor which is something I found kind of irksome in game. You're supposed to have these *HUGE* loving metal hands when in power armor, but you can apparently still fit your huge metal sausages into a pistol trigger guard.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I braced the Nexus forums last night, apparently somebody is also done making a seperate West Coast Gauss Rifle. Huzzah!

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005

Kurui Reiten posted:

Which part are you putting down? I've found it to be a little annoying at times, and a lot of the time things that aren't Snap'N'Build won't snap to... well... Snap'N'Build. You can try putting down a Foundation from the Residental section, and then seeing if a floor from the same section will snap on top of that.

Well at first I tried wooden floors on the foundations in sanctuary. But it kept showing anything I wanted to snap on to my initial piece as being red. So then I tried a foundation, but the same thing happened: First piece was okay, but I couldnt attach a second. I only tried the the "real estate" pieces, not the base warehouse/greenhouse/bunker.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

E-Tank posted:

Giiiiant loving magnum revolver rifle which really kind of fits, I feel due to in universe America going into the 'Bigger! BIGGER! BIGGER!' line of thinking (See: Liberty prime)

Really nice model, and a nice group of mods. It also looks like it really fits in the hands of the power armor which is something I found kind of irksome in game. You're supposed to have these *HUGE* loving metal hands when in power armor, but you can apparently still fit your huge metal sausages into a pistol trigger guard.

Thanks for this.

I've not been using any custom weapon mods, because they just appear to add modern day weapons. But this really looks good, and isn't "historically accurate", so I'm giving it a go.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

BigRoman posted:

Well at first I tried wooden floors on the foundations in sanctuary. But it kept showing anything I wanted to snap on to my initial piece as being red. So then I tried a foundation, but the same thing happened: First piece was okay, but I couldnt attach a second. I only tried the the "real estate" pieces, not the base warehouse/greenhouse/bunker.

Before you set anything down, first see if it's surrounded by "red area" i.e. places where you just can't put anything at all down. The game is finicky about what geometry you're allowed to place objects in, and sometimes there'll be little scrub bushes or blades or grass or invisible little motes of dust in the way of building in all but like one patch of ground. If you had to fight to put one foundation piece down, you're not going to have any better luck with the other pieces.

This of course means you can't just put stuff anywhere you want, but them's the breaks with Fallout building.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Nitis posted:

Thanks for this.

I've not been using any custom weapon mods, because they just appear to add modern day weapons. But this really looks good, and isn't "historically accurate", so I'm giving it a go.

It's mentioned on the mod page, but this is actually based on concept art for Interplay's (very) cancelled Fallout Online by Caleb Cleveland. So it's lore-friendly to boot.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Now I just really want that gyrojet mini-nuke LMG.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Nitis posted:

Thanks for this.

Not read the Google document I take it? quite a few pretty good canon and lore friendly custom weapons out there now. Hell, I post the new ones every few pages.

Not denying a lot of the new modded guns are slightly out of place or give any fucks about lore which is kind of annoying but whatever.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I have an idea : PIPMON Go.

someone go make it, I cannot be assed.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

E-Tank posted:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Race customizer

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Everyone in my room spent the first 30 seconds after I pulled this up just saying 'No' over and over.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It seems to be a hands related day for me.

Somebody has made Deathclaw Gauntlet that resembles the one from the older games as a seperate weapon. Get your Deathclaw Slasher here!

Ever felt like shrugging and just giving some random NPC the bird? well now you can, if you don't have any grenades equipped that is. Sadly only works in first person and is only a single hand. But go nuts.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

art

Trying to figure out which one I like the look of more:

Dogmetal
PANZERHUND :hitler:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Depends really, you going for the rogue lone wanderer or Professor Farnsworth Meets Nazi Doctor Doom sort of character?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Not sure, but I know I'd poo poo my pants if I saw a Panzerhund running at me as an enemy.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
26 hours into my save and now whenever I try to interact with or scrap certain things in my stronghold, like the Decontamination Arch or power switch pylon from vanilla Fo4 it just CTDs. literally everything was just working I haven't added any mods in awhile, the only workshop related mod I have is homemaker. anyone know whats up or which mod I need to delete? looking it up led me nowhere, just people with the same problem and no solution.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 8, 2016

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I tried the latest version of F4SE (built for 1.7.9) and it just CTDs immediately, doesn't even get to the "WHAT MAKES YOU SPESHUL?" videos. Annoying!

e: IN-GAME Esp Explorer was out of date.

Falken fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 8, 2016

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

DESOLATE Equip Slot Framework seems pretty cool. A framework for equipping a ton of items at once, way more than both default and some of the mods that have upped the number. The idea of needing 'OutfitPacks' for it isn't as cool, but the author is trying to foster a community based on those for his framework, which is sort of ambitious. Let's see the ToU for 'OutfitPack' creators.

Todd Howard Jr. posted:

1) By creating any file that's slave to DesolateEquipSlotFramewok.esp you agree and give me full rights to use, edit and redistribute this file as long as you are credited and also acknowlede and give me permission to credit you.

2) You agree that I can decide to put your mod down from nexusmods.com if in my opinion it doesn't match the 'Terms of Use' or 'Instructions' section on this site.

3) The name of your upladed mod and the name of your plugin must start from "DESF" abbrevation.

4) You acknowledge and agree that your plugin can not be uploaded to sites other than nexusmods.com and loverslab.com.

5) If you want to edit PlayerEquipingLimiter Script you need my permission.

Seems good

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Cavauro posted:

DESOLATE Equip Slot Framework seems pretty cool. A framework for equipping a ton of items at once, way more than both default and some of the mods that have upped the number. The idea of needing 'OutfitPacks' for it isn't as cool, but the author is trying to foster a community based on those for his framework, which is sort of ambitious. Let's see the ToU for 'OutfitPack' creators.

Seems good

Self-Important Douchebag posted:

Important!! By downloading this file you agree that you are not allowed to edit, reupload or share the DesolateEquipSlotFramework.esp or any of it's related files, and acknowledge that it's a crime against the modding comunity and can result in account ban.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Cavauro posted:

Seems good

Someone dump this idiot's books already PLEASE

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The obvious solution is to upload it to bethesda.net

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Crimes against the modding community will result in an intervention from the modding united nations.

e: This sounds like a stupid mod idea, but I'd really like something which makes heavy weapons impossible to use without power armor, or at least they become woefully inaccurate.

Or, they become stupidly laser accurate when using power armor.

Maybe even a rifle that is basically a 12.7mm / 20mm assault rifle designed for the scale of PA. Always found regular small arms look way too small when using PA.

Falken fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Aug 9, 2016

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
New update just dropped, no notes and broke F4SE. When is Nuka World?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

That's nice, I'm still wrestling with constant problems from last week's patch.

If I use the old fallout.exe etc files will that count as rolling back or just cause problems?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

That's nice, I'm still wrestling with constant problems from last week's patch.

If I use the old fallout.exe etc files will that count as rolling back or just cause problems?

Dunno, you got last weeks exe? I could try it and see. If anyone can hook me up with 1.7.9 exe that would be great.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 9, 2016

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

LumberingTroll posted:

New update just dropped, no notes and broke F4SE. When is Nuka World?

This is pretty frustrating, given I specifically went into Steam settings and set FO4 to update only when I launch the game last week when 1.7.9 dropped. I haven't been using the actual launcher or Steam to launch the game since I installed it--just the f4se loader. Headed back into FO4 properties on Steam and, sure enough, it has been changed back to "always keep this game up to date." I thought all the whiners on Bethesda's forums were mistaken, but it definitely happened to me, too.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Todd Howard! :argh:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Falken posted:

Todd Howard! :argh:

If he's the guy who pitched the "let's not have a disable updates option at all" idea to Valve, sure. Looks like there's a 1.7.10 to 1.1.30 script on speedruns, so hopefully the 1.7.9 executable is available soon. Will link it if it is available before the F4SE update.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Bloodplay it again posted:

This is pretty frustrating, given I specifically went into Steam settings and set FO4 to update only when I launch the game last week when 1.7.9 dropped. I haven't been using the actual launcher or Steam to launch the game since I installed it--just the f4se loader. Headed back into FO4 properties on Steam and, sure enough, it has been changed back to "always keep this game up to date." I thought all the whiners on Bethesda's forums were mistaken, but it definitely happened to me, too.

My FO4 settings won't even let me change it off "always keep this game up to date". I just leave Steam in offline mode whenever I've got a playthrough with mods going on.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

LumberingTroll posted:

Dunno, you got last weeks exe? I could try it and see. If anyone can hook me up with 1.7.9 exe that would be great.

trying the old 1.6.9 exe, seems OK so far, had to roll back a few mods and F4SE. these frequent updates are bumming me out. I'm all for bug fixes but we don't need that poo poo rolled out on a weekly basis like this is an MMO.

also I found this http://www.speedrun.com/Fallout_4/thread/fvo80 seems like they have some rollback patches, haven't tried it so use at your own risk I guess.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 10, 2016

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

How is it hard to wait for a day until F4SE is updated, though?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Uploading '179 : here you go: http://sabercathost.com/Bfq/Feltchfah.7z

Steam just ignores any settings you make anyway.

Using a seperate install on an ssd really works out ok,
until the nmm decides to symlink everything,
Its getting to the time I make a new computer soon anyway, so I have the joy of kicking around w7 until it behaves to look forward to.
I think I will make a raid as well, I have a bunch of 1tb disks lying around,

Kurui Reiten posted:

How is it hard to wait for a day until F4SE is updated, though?

What if its not?
what if they decide to take a break?
How hard is it to realise that you have a greatly developed sense of entitlement?
The great thing is, because of that entitlement, you are likely to melt down spectacularly.
I'll be keeping an eye on you kiddo.
they are not employed by valve, bethesda or steam. they are updating quickly because they are awesome doodz.
This does not affect me so dramatically, as I mentioned above, But its frustrating that we don't actually have a choice when it updates/breaks.
on the one hand, its great that they update every few days, as we can assume that maybe a glaring bug might be fixed, but you can see the downside.

staberind fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 10, 2016

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

staberind posted:

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

staberind posted:

Using a seperate install on an ssd really works out ok,
until the nmm decides to symlink everything,
Its getting to the time I make a new computer soon anyway, so I have the joy of kicking around w7 until it behaves to look forward to.
I think I will make a raid as well, I have a bunch of 1tb disks lying around,

What if its not?
what if they decide to take a break?
How hard is it to realise that you have a greatly developed sense of entitlement?
The great thing is, because of that entitlement, you are likely to melt down spectacularly.
I'll be keeping an eye on you kiddo.
they are not employed by valve, bethesda or steam. they are updating quickly because they are awesome doodz.
This does not affect me so dramatically, as I mentioned above, But its frustrating that we don't actually have a choice when it updates/breaks.
on the one hand, its great that they update every few days, as we can assume that maybe a glaring bug might be fixed, but you can see the downside.

Whoa, whoa, I wasn't trying to act entitled. It just seems odd to me how many people see the update come, and immediately jump to "argh how do I revert everything right this minute", like they need to be playing that second. So far, the F4SE guys have been good at fast updates, and there's no reason yet to believe they're just going to ditch. People seem to feel entitled to a working F4SE, but while they pay for F4, F4SE is free. A little patience seems like a good compromise.