Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/760627500321943553

What redneck has hacked this twitter account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Gamestop and NASCAR rock.

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe
Man, I'd be careful if I was Erik. Rock Band's partners have a history of crashing and burning.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

cronox2 posted:

https://twitter.com/Xenorye/status/760606695491895296

Please tell me this is for real because I'm dying if it's true.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZIV09VG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All 6 reviews are 1-star American buyers who can't use their DLC.

Mine got delivered today. Guess it's going straight back to Amazon.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is there some loving convoluted secret to get the Store to work? no matter what I click to purchase it comes up with the same message, problem completing your purchase. I even tried buying something right out of the PSN store and nothing happens. What the gently caress, how is this game so loving bad.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I've never had any problems using the PSN store but I've used the web store to buy most of my songs.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

you know what? I gt my copy from amazon so I guess I'm one of the unlucky people who got hosed over hard. jesus loving christ

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Every time I keep holding off a few more months on getting it, I seem to luck out. Weird!

(But I do still hope it gets where to where I will, which is why I keep following DLC.)

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Can't you just create a fake foreign account and goddamn even as I was typing this I realised that means the sole point of owning RB4 is pointless if you can't use all your legacy content.

Yeah, you got shafted by Amazon.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
There are a couple songs I have to chart for different people or I literally don't get into PAX, so I guess it's a pack.
After 7 years dormant, the annual Pax Collection returns.
https://twitter.com/OrangeRB3/status/761995306653274113

vvThanks

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 6, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Just paste the permalink of the tweet

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Anyone who shows up to the PAX afterparty gets to be in the Beatles crowd singalong track. :gay:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Orange Harrison posted:

Anyone who shows up to the PAX afterparty gets to be in the Beatles crowd singalong track. :gay:

This is hosed

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
EDIT: NVM

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Aug 8, 2016

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/762649596292063232

Only one song this week; a new record low! And it's a saccharine pop song from the 80s!

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
The not-Belinda-Carlisle song was the one that was a timed exclusive for a gay dating app right? I remember thinking it was alright.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah, it was free if you went to some page for Scruff, it just spit a key out at you. The Barbazons have been around Boston forever, they're pretty good! They used to be called the Fagettes, so if you want more music from them you can probably find it under that?

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
How's the RB3 transfer work? I've got a dirt cheap copy arriving today. I should just be able to play enough to get an achievement for RB4 to see it?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

metallicaeg posted:

How's the RB3 transfer work? I've got a dirt cheap copy arriving today. I should just be able to play enough to get an achievement for RB4 to see it?

Curious about this as well, and wondering if there's any catches to watch out for? Like can someone "use up" the export from RB3 and sell the disc or can the same one be used multiple times?

Also also, I can't seem to locate anywhere to buy an extra kick pedal for PS4 RB4. Is this not a thing? I'd love to add a second kick to play the faster songs but everything seems to be for previous generations that I can find.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Any pedal should work fine. I have one from the PS2 version of RB1!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Ice To Meet You posted:

Any pedal should work fine. I have one from the PS2 version of RB1!

I'm assuming my kick from my GH:World Tour for the 360 is not going to work but I will try this when I get home just for shits. They look cheap enough on Amazon if not, thanks!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
RB3 export works by checking your account for achievements and then allowing you to purchase and use the export. A disc can't be 'used up' since it's just an account thing. You can borrow my disc and still get it all working for yourself.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

I'm assuming my kick from my GH:World Tour for the 360 is not going to work but I will try this when I get home just for shits. They look cheap enough on Amazon if not, thanks!

It won't. GH pedals output an analog signal similar to the drum pads, RB is an on/off signal.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

whypick1 posted:

It won't. GH pedals output an analog signal similar to the drum pads, RB is an on/off signal.

This was the one thing about the GH drum hardware I always liked more. The pulse is sent when your pedal hits, not when two magnetic fields with no physical feedback get near enough, it's analog (softer kicks = quieter game sounds), and you can hook up multiple pedals without extra circuitry unlike RB pedals which need additional logic to prevent crosstalk.
The downside was since it communicated with pulses there was no way to "hold" a kick on menus to scan song categories.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Hold-to-scroll through band names scrolls through the band names themselves, and not the first letter of the band's name, which is really annoying.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

Hold-to-scroll through band names scrolls through the band names themselves, and not the first letter of the band's name, which is really annoying.

Welcome to Rock Band 4!

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

My pipe dream RB4 feature would be integrating Cortana since the last Xbone update added it, and letting you use the RB mic instead of kinect or something because lord I am never going to buy one of those.
They could probably just hack it in by using popup cortana to indentify the speech, and then just having RB use whatever string she comes up with as the text in the search function that already exists.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Smartglass song selection, both while on the song select screen and also for adding to/editing setlists on the fly.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Kaboobi posted:

Smartglass song selection, both while on the song select screen and also for adding to/editing setlists on the fly.

Holy poo poo, this! I never knew I needed that, and now I can't live without it. Yo, pksage tell Harmonix to get right on this.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Also ask about more details on the multiplayer we're still supposed to get by year's end.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Don't turn Sage into that guy who had to stop posting in the TF2 thread once he was outed as a Valve employee.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Says the guy pumping him for endorsement pullquotes over PMs.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Kaboobi posted:

I had assumed this was already a thing, because why wouldn't it have it.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

~Coxy posted:

I had assumed this was already a thing, because why wouldn't it have it.

Yeah, why wouldn't a game with half the features of its predecessor have a niche feature that a majority of its audience would never even encounter, let alone engage with? That's crazy!

Sincere answer: ever since Harmonix was sold back to its employees for fifty bucks, they've been a small, indie dev who've had to focus their limited resources where they'd have the greatest impact. You need MTV/Viacom money to bother with poo poo like SmartGlass integration.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Yeah I actually posted about Smartglass integration on the Super User forum ages ago and it came down to "not enough resources". Trust me, if it has to do with navigating a monster songlist, I've asked about it.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

what the gently caress is a smartglass

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_app

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Allen Wren posted:

what the gently caress is a smartglass

it's their second screen functionality thing where you can do stuff on an ipad while playing a game or whatever

useless in 99% of situations, but could be rad in this

the only thing I barely ever used it for was as a map in fallout 4

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

So if you stream Rock Band 4 from xb1 to PC you can use usb microphones.
there is some lag introduced obviously but pretty cool nonetheless.
Stage kit doesnt work tho

Butterflysmasher fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

Kaboobi posted:

it's their second screen functionality thing where you can do stuff on an ipad while playing a game or whatever

useless in 99% of situations, but could be rad in this

the only thing I barely ever used it for was as a map in fallout 4

Most of the time I ever use it is to type stuff in, I had no idea it did anything with Fallout. I wish they'd actually tell you about these features, drat.