Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
trivia episode sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Spoiler: Just skip it and go to the next episode. Absolutely nothing happens.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

how do all these people find the fusion and synchro cards they need

where did gong get that big robot card that is very specific to his obscure martial arts dojo

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

how do all these people find the fusion and synchro cards they need

where did gong get that big robot card that is very specific to his obscure martial arts dojo

Welcome, to anime.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm pretty sure most of this last episode didn't actually happen. Like, Yugo went up to high too fast with his bike and the sudden thinning of air made him hallucinate a duel while Kaito passed out from exhaustion after the climb and dreamed a duel, it's the only way to explain two short meaningless duels when the bad guy's plan was for the kids to rescue Rin and Ruri.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

trivia episode sucks

It really does, it plods so loving badly.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This is a joke translation right?

They didn't seriously put "Fudou Stlye Solitaire Theory" in the anime. Did they?

And I love the new card art from the Movie Pack

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It's not a joke.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This is a joke translation right?

They didn't seriously put "Fudou Stlye Solitaire Theory" in the anime. Did they?

And I love the new card art from the Movie Pack

Boo, they took Kaiba off the card art.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

why is it called solitaire theory

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Solitaire is a game you play by yourself, and it's also an insult used against decks that tend to win within one or two turns, since the opponent might as well not be there. Coupled with the fact it's named after Yusei Fudou, AKA the protagonist of 5D's, and it might be a slightly-too-subtle jab at Synchron decks, which are just one of many decks to be 'gifted' the title of Solitaire.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Because Synchrons can keep playing off itself, cycling cards forever until x big monster can be summoned.
Turns take so long they may as well be playing solitaire.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

gently caress yuya, i wanna know this guy's story

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Senerio posted:

Boo, they took Kaiba off the card art.

No they didn't. The Kaiba version is a different card.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Artworks:Blue-Eyes_White_Dragon

Listed as 7th OCG here.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
the other jokes is that Card Metamorphosis is a reference to Yuya transforming his cards with Recontract Universe, and Super Polymerization was a big plot point in GX.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ANCIENT GEARS

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

so is season 2 seriously just the "yuya sits in a hotel room forever" season cause goddamn this is lame

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 9, 2016

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

so is season 2 the "yuya sits in a hotel room forever" season cause goddamn this is lame

Not forever, but the cast remains conveniently separated a lot.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also shinji is way cooler than yuya

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

also shinji is way cooler than yuya

Shinji is a complete rear end in a top hat but you probably haven't gotten to that point yet.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also cooler than yuya: yugo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

so is season 2 seriously just the "yuya sits in a hotel room forever" season cause goddamn this is lame

nah but it is a problem for a fairly large chunk of it, once you're pass that you get to some really dope stuff at least.

Also, saw this week's episode and you are correct, Yugo is the best.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I have seen like two episodes of ZEXAL ever but even so I can say KATTOBINGU guy is the worst

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I have seen like two episodes of ZEXAL ever but even so I can say KATTOBINGU guy is the worst

Feel the flow with the dub to experience more hate.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Rudoku posted:

Feel the flow with the dub to experience more hate.

gently caress, at least FEEL THE FLOW is actual words and not some poo poo he made up to be annoying

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Just high five the sky, imo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i hope whenever they get to the fusion dimension for real it plays chilling out with my crew in the schoolyard

e: is everyone from academia using lovely ancient gear cards a dr crowler reference

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 10, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
god d*mn i love gx

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

i hope whenever they get to the fusion dimension for real it plays chilling out with my crew in the schoolyard

e: is everyone from academia using lovely ancient gear cards a dr crowler reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlOInYn5-_0

And yes, Academia maining Antique Gear is absolutely a reference to that. Security in Synchro mains Goyo for another reference to the very first enemy of its own show, with Ushio. Xyz surprisingly doesn't have any Shark-using generic enemies.

Also the Lancers are facing Gozaburo next episode? Now that's something I didn't see coming! yes I know it's just a guy with a similar design

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 10, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

but where is evil nazi CHAZZ

i want him to chazz this genocide up dammit

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

alcharagia posted:

god d*mn i love gx

It's the best one by a wide margin yeah.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I've been reading the original Yu-gi-oh manga and it was made on all of the drugs. The art is pretty poo poo but the writing is absolutely insane.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Testekill posted:

I've been reading the original Yu-gi-oh manga and it was made on all of the drugs. The art is pretty poo poo but the writing is absolutely insane.

Death-T? :allears:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Yup, I've read up to the tabletop RPG arc with Bakura.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Yugioh GX is weird and I'm not even at the weird part yet. Maybe because I'm watching the dub, but still. I just finished the field trip arc, gotta watch out for those dueling rappers, they'll mess you up.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i like how even when they get put in a lovely dorm that everyone makes fun of jaden is like FUCKIN AWESOME I LOVE THIS poo poo

dude is just so happy

e: also they make a joke about how stupid it would be for jaden to be the reincarnation of some ancient king because that would be real stupid wouldnt it yeah

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 11, 2016

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
GX loves it's pointless nonsensical duels. Reanimated doll! Quiz show guy! loving whatever the hell Bastion is supposed to be doing.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I FEEL THE FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Is this rear end in a top hat seriously so dumb and bad at card games that his magic ghost buddy has to manipulate him with reverse psychology

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 11, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Logicblade posted:

GX loves it's pointless nonsensical duels. Reanimated doll! Quiz show guy! loving whatever the hell Bastion is supposed to be doing.

Yugioh is based around nonsensical pointless duels so duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I FEEL THE FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Is this rear end in a top hat seriously so dumb and bad at card games that his magic ghost buddy has to manipulate him with reverse psychology

Yes.

He also is so bad at the game that he literally cheats by transforming the last card in his deck, which is known to be x card before it is drawn, into y card, with super specific effects that are just what he needs to win the duel.

ZEXAL ZUXS