Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

canyoneer posted:

The media also has a hardon for covering the stupid cupping stuff.
It sounds like BS but i don't know enough about it to say how

It sucks out the bad humors from your body, and the negative pressure helps realign your qi meridians, it's pretty obviously effective duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, it's great that NBC has locked up the rights until at least 2032.
maybe by the end they'll learn to cover the olympics in a way that isn't worst in the world

also there are zero medical benefits to cupping

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

goatface posted:

I need everyone to appreciate this Kyrgyzstani hat

looks like they caught him while he was getting a clean & jerk too

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Y-Hat posted:

maybe by the end they'll learn to cover the olympics in a way that isn't worst in the world

Everyone should get that "Beebs" chrome plugin and try watching poo poo on the BBC website it's a lot better.

Y-Hat posted:

tell that to my balls

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

When you guys said cupping, I thought you meant that thing people do where they stack cups real fast and take 'em down even faster.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Batterypowered7 posted:

When you guys said cupping, I thought you meant that thing people do where they stack cups real fast and take 'em down even faster.

What about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmSbXsFE3l8

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Only if it's that vine of a dude acting that video out in a car with a cup full of soda.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Y-Hat posted:

Oh and next you're going to tell me my
extensive stocks of essential oils are useless.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cupping leaves you bumpy like a golf ball which helps you cut through water/air more effectively

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
NBC host: "You see the bruising and blood blisters are blood being drawn into the sore area to heal it"

No dumbass, that's just ruptured blood vessels from the skin being damaged, so now your body has to repair both skin and muscles.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

NBC made a lot of money off airtime sold for Q-Ray bracelets and The Stimulator™ infomercials.

They intend to ride this cupping craze to another late-night bonanza and none of you dicks better gently caress this up for them.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I wonder if Lauer and Costas cup each other.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

CaptainSarcastic posted:

NBC was on at my folks' house and I just happened to walk through the room as they discussed how the US team in some sport needs to be more Michael Phelps if they are going to Phelps the Michael Phelps or some poo poo. It was a little surreal actually hearing what sounded like hyperbole earlier in the thread. Jesus Christ does their coverage have a hardon for that guy.

from the idiots on social media thread

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

uncle sam's misguided children is the sort of page that hears trump saying that 2nd amendment people should kill hillary and thinks that's something other than loving horrifying

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
To get the thread back on topic to how lousy Rio is, a bus transporting journalists was shot at tonight.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/bus-transporting-journalists-at-rio-games-hit-by-gunfire-no-serious-injuries-1.3714411

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Shappa posted:

To get the thread back on topic to how lousy Rio is, a bus transporting journalists was shot at tonight.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/bus-transporting-journalists-at-rio-games-hit-by-gunfire-no-serious-injuries-1.3714411

Nice of the Brazilians to roll out the same welcome mat they do for visiting inter-city soccer teams. Shooting up the bus is an honored tradition.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Shappa posted:

quote:

Violent street crime in Rio has left its mark on South America's first Olympic Games. On Saturday, a bullet hit the equestrian centre, missing journalists there by just a few feet. That bullet was suspected to have been fired by a gang member trying to shoot down a police blimp or drone, officials said.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm surprised we haven't seen a bunch of swimming records get broken. You'd think they'd be trying to get out of the water as fast as possible.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm surprised we haven't seen a bunch of swimming records get broken. You'd think they'd be trying to get out of the water as fast as possible.

They cracked down on doping, so only a few dopers are able to break the records set by previous dopers

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
The Brazilians are just trying to get a leg up on the drone shooting competition for the next Olympics.

Too bad we're way ahead of them :clint:

Let's be honest, though, they were shooting at the horses. Do you know how many people one of those would feed?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.abplive.in/sports/day-4-best-pictures-from-rio-olympics-395629#image1

day 4 in pictures.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is nice how the ioc will be able to successfully blame brazil for every bad thing that happens while avoiding any culpability for their own actions

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Nothing says "OLYMPIC ATHLETE" like a Frenchman smoking a cigarette.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

I like the pic of the golfer being chased by a large insect

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Final pool picture of the night,

It's really green now,

Theories on why it's green.

http://www.vox.com/2016/8/9/12417804/rio-olympics-2016-pool-green

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

It looks like any other backyard pool that didn't balance the pool chemicals correctly, resulting in a weird colour. They should probably drain it and hire someone who knows what they're doing, but oh wait it's Rio :cripes:

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Lol that pool.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

imandyyo posted:

Why isn't rugby a thing in the US? It's pretty great.

It as well as lacrosse are gaining a lot of popularity fast for both males and females. Lots of clubs and such.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
You wouldn't need to drain it. Just add some Soda Ash or some acid to bring it's PH in line.

kolokol-1
Jan 11, 2015
Balance beam is the most worthless event ever

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Johnny Aztec posted:

You wouldn't need to drain it. Just add some Soda Ash or some acid to bring it's PH in line.

Burn some favela kid bodies tonight and dump the ashes in. It'll be fine guys.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

SelenicMartian posted:

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world a Chinese ice hockey team forfeited a game when an opposing Kazakh team's player beat the crap out of four of them at the very start. He was trying to rough up their entire bench, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeewMGsDZls

He got DQd but the team won. Now that's sport.

This is amazing, he goes after their whole bench lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

nerdz posted:

from the idiots on social media thread

drat that is some hot fire

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Lime Tonics posted:

Final pool picture of the night,

It's really green now,

Theories on why it's green.

http://www.vox.com/2016/8/9/12417804/rio-olympics-2016-pool-green

It would be cool if it just kept getting greener until it was actually dying the divers green. Pictures of the medal ceremony will always look like the color balance on the cameras was out of alignment.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
is it Phelps with a Le Bouf-impersonator beard, or Le Bouf with a Phelps-impersonator beard

discuss

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It would be cool if it just kept getting greener until it was actually dying the divers green. Pictures of the medal ceremony will always look like the color balance on the cameras was out of alignment.

By tomorrow morning they'll be able to chromakey in a perfect crystal blue so its no big deal.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

is it Phelps with a Le Bouf-impersonator beard, or Le Bouf with a Phelps-impersonator beard

discuss

That depends on whether you are asking someone at NBC or anywhere else.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
That's too sharp a green for algae. It's PH is out of whack badly.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Maybe they're making a big batch of Jello for the closing ceremonies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Could be someone sunk a thing full of food coloring in the pool as a prank, and now they can greenscreen the pool to be whatever. Diving into lava!?! :wth: WOAH, HAHA!

• Locked thread