Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

The Narrator posted:

It's a Nintendo first-party thing in general. There's still a full-price copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl sitting at my local big-name electronics store.
heart gold and soul silver were 120$+ two months ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I name all my Pokemon after celebrities, living or dead. My main team features my Chesnaught Kanye West and my Beedrill Aziz Ansari, and my Luxray Kim Cattrall.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

cams posted:

heart gold and soul silver were 120$+ two months ago?

Holy hell, that's something entirely different then. Assuming you mean through Ebay sellers and the like, then yeah I'd probably say people making a buck off the Pokemon Go craze.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Zodack posted:

Based on my limited experience with XY&Z yeah, they seem to only know four moves. At least Greninja always uses Double Team, Cut, Aerial Ace, Water Shuriken and nothing else, ever

Pikachu has also been Iron Tail, Thunderbolt, Electro ball, and Quick Attack for three or four seasons.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The Narrator posted:

Holy hell, that's something entirely different then. Assuming you mean through Ebay sellers and the like, then yeah I'd probably say people making a buck off the Pokemon Go craze.
last i checked, lowest ebay or amazon market prices were at least 120. maybe as low as 110 without a box.

not paying more than retail for my least favorite pokemon game to have a spiritual "complete generation 1-6" collection. i will wait.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Pokemon Megathread 7.0: Pokemon Stay

Wait I got a maybe better one: "Pokemon Stop"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cams posted:

did the price of heart gold and soul silver shoot up because of the recent spike in pokularity (i'm great) or are they gonna be at those prices for a while?

are they loose carts/cases or do they have the pokewalker because that thing always jacks up the prices hard. it could just be a glut of those entering the market.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

HG/SS goes for like $80 if it's just the cart and like $110 if the poke walker is included. Full boxed copies are even higher

They should just release the DS games on the VC with Pokebank support and stop this garbage

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Still want to see Pokemon Megathread 7.0: Clampearl Harbor

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Pokemon Megathread: Everyone Use Mimikyu

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Pokemon Megathread: Everyone Use Mimikyu

Pokemon Megathread: Hey You, Mimikyu!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There was another Pokemon in the Corocoro leak

It's a Sea Cucumber pokemon that is called Namakobushi and is said to be able to send its insides out from its mouth and use as a fist.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

:stonk: :goatsecx:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

It's a Sea Cucumber pokemon that is called Namakobushi and is said to be able to send its insides out from its mouth and use as a fist.

good boy

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Pokemon Megathread: "and is said to be able to send its insides out from its mouth and use as a fist."

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

KungFu Grip posted:

One of those leaks had a sea cucumber pokemon listed on it, and that doesn't seem like a particularly safe guess.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Improbable Lobster posted:

They have sharp teeth but they're also incredibly curious and affectionate, even in the wild.

I really hope that some Gen 2 pokemans get Alolan Forms. Maybe an Alolan Ariados so that the only spider besides Galvantula isn't terrible, Alolan Magcargo, Alolan Octillery or Alolan Corsola

Please give Corsola the evo that I spent a decade convinced that it had

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Funkmaster General posted:

One of those leaks had a sea cucumber pokemon listed on it, and that doesn't seem like a particularly safe guess.

That was from the same leak which was already confirmed, or at least the same guy as one which was already confirmed, yeah. Same as water arcanine and some others.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

The Glumslinger posted:

Please give Corsola the evo that I spent a decade convinced that it had

i actually kinda like the one that pokemon uranium gives it

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Funkmaster General posted:

I'm glad that leak is real and the dolphin Pokemon will be my new friend

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

there's a new leak alright. it's the tears of joy streaming down my face as all these insanely good new pokemon roll out

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

KungFu Grip posted:

Eugene Root?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i hope it gets mach punch + bullet punch + comet punch + meteor mash + iron fist

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

oddium posted:

i hope it gets mach punch + bullet punch + comet punch + meteor mash + iron fist

smh at the lack of mega punch, focus punch, thunder punch, ice punch, and fire punch here.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is Mega punch a good move? I have the TM for it, I could toss it on a nidoking or mankey in yellow.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

Please give it the Aegislash gimmick

Rowlet: Pet Shop
Ghost Marowak: Magician Red
Sandcastle: Midler
Gumshoos: Josuke
Bewear: The Hand

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kelp Plankton posted:

HG/SS goes for like $80 if it's just the cart and like $110 if the poke walker is included. Full boxed copies are even higher

They should just release the DS games on the VC with Pokebank support and stop this garbage

:eyepop:

I know I have the full box, it's where I keep my Pokewalker so I don't lose the damned thing. But I also have no current intention of selling it, at least I can retire happy!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So this new gut puncher confirms at least the chinese leaks, meaning we're getting a snowman and a freaking dolphin, S&M owns.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i do not name my pokemon :smith:

this is my favorite pokemon music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnOwUccAO5Q

followed by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKAoJ5oxfeI

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i do not name my pokemon :smith:

Same, except my Jigglypuffs are always named Violent J

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

I think SilvaGunna broke my brain because I can't not hear Gangnam Style in this song now.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So what are you guys gonna nickname your pokemon?

Name the horse Mr. Peanutbutter, or just The Horse if you want it to not be messed up.

Here's mine:

Nth Doctor posted:

I think my team is now chosen:
*Comfey Fairy "Get Lei'd"
*Rowlett Grass/Flying "360 No Scope"
*Bruxish Water/Psychic "Prince"
*Mimikyu Ghost/Fairy "Pika Boo"
*Drampa Normal/Dragon "The Dude"
*Salandit Poison/Fire "Trustworthy"

Alternates:
Komala Normal "Power Napper"
Tapu-Koko Electric/Fairy "Tiki"

Yeah, I feel really good about this.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

mandatory lesbian posted:

ash died in that movie, has any movie past that been able to beat that

He went Super Saiyan during the Manaphy movie.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

They have to drag those releases out for a few more years.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Well that sea cucumber (who rules) now basically 100% confirms the leak that includes the absolutely god-awful-terribad final evo for Litten

But it also confirms a "Rugby Monkey" (or something) coming eventually, which is gonna rule

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

KungFu Grip posted:

I dubbed thee Anus

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Personally I'm just glad Lord Beerus is finally in this game, so he can destroy anyone who's not worthy of being in it. Or just eat, I guess.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Waffles Inc. posted:

absolutely god-awful-terribad final evo for Litten

Your terrible taste will never be satisfied. Enjoy your lovely life. :marc:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Your terrible taste will never be satisfied. Enjoy your lovely life. :marc:

I'm fine with a wrasslin fire cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Waffles Inc. posted:

Well that sea cucumber (who rules) now basically 100% confirms the leak that includes the absolutely god-awful-terribad final evo for Litten

litten would never have been given a good final evolution, because it sucked from the start

• Locked thread