Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ok I can get behind this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Oh no.

It has you.

RUN.

nothing happened yet.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

canpakes posted:

nothing happened yet.

:thejoke:

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Faded Mars posted:

My gym doesn't have dedicated bench press benches. Instead you're supposed to set a power rack up with a flat bench in there and then change the safety bits to lower the barbell low enough to bench.

There are only two power racks. To me, power racks (at my gym) are for bench pressing, overhead pressing, and squats. Do your other poo poo somewhere else. Also gently caress people who take ten minute breaks between sets of squatting 150 to gently caress around on their phones. Said guy also sure was a noisy grunter. Thought he was trying to go super saiyan or something.

I've come in a few times now to people loving deadlifting in the power racks for some reason. Not as bad as curling I guess but still, if you want to squat or bench you also have to wait.

Also I now hate people who won't rack their drat plates after finishing up. Oh, you're strong enough to put it on the bar and squat it, but not strong enough to take it off the barbell again? loving people.

What circumstance causes you to put up with this? I go to a wonderful gym with all the equipment I need for $15/mo. It's also empty half the time.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

a dog from hell posted:

What circumstance causes you to put up with this? I go to a wonderful gym with all the equipment I need for $15/mo. It's also empty half the time.

Is your gym a small operation?

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Wamdoodle posted:

Is your gym a small operation?

It's a really typical gym just lacks amenities like parking, locker rooms, etc etc other things I don't need and don't want to pay for.

Whoopdie doo for me I know, but why would you pay to go to a gym with no bench press...

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
lifting tips: instead of using cloth, wrap your knees in a thin layer of salami

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

a dog from hell posted:

It's a really typical gym just lacks amenities like parking, locker rooms, etc etc other things I don't need and don't want to pay for.

Whoopdie doo for me I know, but why would you pay to go to a gym with no bench press...

No that sounds good. I'm looking for a new place myself but there's nothing around that has an actual weight training setup. Just "Fitness centers" ie cardio machines and weight machines. Anything that does have that wants upwards of 40 a month.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
There are like a billion gyms here in Stockholm, including one like 5 minutes walkin away from my door :getin:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The membership there comes with a swimming pool too

and a sauna :getin:

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
then why aren't all stockholmers swole as gently caress

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Many of us are :grin:

Our women too :getin:

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
that's self-reported though, so maybe women in those other countries down the list are just more honest

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i mean, i know for a fact that the UK is full of obese people and they can't by definition be healthy

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That's true, the brits are basically on par with America when it comes to poo poo health and fatness

But us Swedes, we do not lie. We are too good for that

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i agree that swedes are good. second only to norwegians

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
omg

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Healthy at any size ftw

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Faded Mars posted:

Also I now hate people who won't rack their drat plates after finishing up. Oh, you're strong enough to put it on the bar and squat it, but not strong enough to take it off the barbell again? loving people.

so grow a pair and tell them to clear it. when I'm waiting for someone to finish, and the tell me they're done and start to leave I tell them "no you're not" and point to the plates. make them clear the bar. most people at least ask if I want the weights left on or not, and then clear it when I say nah, but when big swinging dick is like "yeah I'm done" you've gotta nut up.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fhqwhgads posted:

so grow a pair and tell them to clear it. when I'm waiting for someone to finish, and the tell me they're done and start to leave I tell them "no you're not" and point to the plates. make them clear the bar. most people at least ask if I want the weights left on or not, and then clear it when I say nah, but when big swinging dick is like "yeah I'm done" you've gotta nut up.

Bullshit post a video of you doing exactly this or it didn't happen.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Dave_Indeed posted:

Bullshit post a video of you doing exactly this or it didn't happen.

*spends entire workout with a GoPro on his head*

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fhqwhgads posted:

Hell yeah.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
By the time I ever notice anything the dick is already gone and the weights are still racked. I see abandoned weights on bars all the time but don't think I've ever actually noticed someone abandoning them. Since I don't set up an observation post, I just assume if someone is still in the area, they are between sets, and I move on.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Ughh, college is starting up again soon and so come all the morons who don't know how to rerack their weights. Along with just plain not racking the weight at all, it's inevitable that every day I see 5 and 2.5 plates smashed behind or between 45s. It's not loving hard to put the weights in the right place. I wish I had a good gym that enforced this poo poo.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Fhqwhgads posted:

just ask me if u need help taking the 45s off so u can put your 5s and 10s on

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Garrand posted:

Ughh, college is starting up again soon and so come all the morons who don't know how to rerack their weights. Along with just plain not racking the weight at all, it's inevitable that every day I see 5 and 2.5 plates smashed behind or between 45s. It's not loving hard to put the weights in the right place. I wish I had a good gym that enforced this poo poo.

My school gym keeps it clean and organized. All the big time lifters get their student jobs at the gym and they take it p seriously. It's nice.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
If your gym doesn't have a sauna, hot tub and steam room why are you even paying dues there

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
^

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

notZaar posted:

If your gym doesn't have a sauna, hot tub and steam room why are you even paying dues there

I'm too fat to safely use the sauna, so why pay for it?????

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

SOW-nah or SAH-nah? VOTE NOW

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Sah-ooh-na is correct.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Fhqwhgads posted:

When does Albert Einstein with his massive guns come into the story I'm waiting at half mast here

Fhqwhgads posted:

gently caress yeah, can't wait to "review" my form later...

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
This is me at the gym.

https://www.facebook.com/GymFlow100/videos/1065299513507632/

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I see a lot of people doing pulldowns on the cables with legs bent almost parallel. What's up with that?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
today i did 30 mins of warmup cardio and then my earbudz died at the end of my bench sesh and could not take the combo of dudebros talking and the rolling stones playing on the stereo so i went surfing, a good idea in retrospect

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What's wrong with the Rolling Stones ?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its bad liftin' music bruv

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Fhqwhgads posted:

Dave_Indeed posted:

come on Fhqwhgads

Fallows posted:

i see u joshin me

Wamdoodle posted:

tryna play like

u kno me

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

My newbie Cap bar finally broke while doing landmines. Crashing sound? That's the sound of me buying a new bar, motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Freaking out when things aren't all put back in their proper place is a sign of autism.

• Locked thread