Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

neogeo0823 posted:

Add us to the list of people reporting problems.

I was poking at it some more. It looks like it's been updated for newer versions of Minecraft, but I bet 1.7.10 is left in the dust. I was just glossing over it, and it looks like a lot of that stuff should be 1:1 compatible with 1.7.10. If anybody is feeling enterprising, they could try to drop that source tree down into a 1.7.10 checkout of Forge. As for me... I'm not feeling that enterprising right now. It might be something to address with a BFSR server-side pack some day, but I'm toying around with other code right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Does anyone know how I'm supposed to get water in the super early game of Project Ozone 2? It doesn't seem to rain, so filling the barrels from rainwater doesn't seem to work. I eventually jush pushed through and made the Infinite Water block that fills adjacent machines' inventories with water, and used that to fill barrels to make clay.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

I've recently gotten way into Hubris on the FtB launcher. It's not new, but it's very well polished. https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-7-10-hubris-v1-6-1-hqm-270-quests-magic-dungeons-dimensions-exploration-ex-listed.79259/

It's a magic-focused 1.7 pack with no tech mods and it's even missing a lot of common mods like Extra Utilities (though I threw in OpenBlocks myself, just for the elevator block). It has a lot of magic mods, mostly focusing on Thaumcraft, Botania, and Ars Magica 2. It's by far the best pack I've played with AM2, buffing its spell damage across the board to make it more worthwhile, and I finally feel cool throwing these spells around. There's a lot of utility there, and you'll find yourself leaning on these mods hard (for instance, Botania's orechid) to make up for the super hostile world, which, like Blightfall, is 100% tainted land. Set up a floating or underground base early to avoid taint.

There's a lot of neat tricks but the pack does a good job of teaching them to you because it's got a massive branched questline. It pulls a pretty cool twist by giving you spells as quest rewards, so you can get stuff like Teleport Home, a long-range mining beam that's basically free to use indefinitely and has the strength of an iron pickaxe, a bonemeal-over-area spell, stuff like that. Later you'll be leaping and gliding like an eagle on a pogo stick and hurling bolts of lightning. It's pretty fun and never felt as stymied as it had in the past.

The questlines are just really comprehensive and helpful and led me through a lot of concepts i wasn't really familiar with already, like Thaumic Horizon's magical genetic engineering.
I would recommend grabbing Thaumic Pipes though, since there's no convenient way to manage essentia and you'll be doing a lot of alchemy in this pack.

While this sounds interesting I don't want to ever do Thaumcraft without Thaumic Energistics again. :(

Devor posted:

Does anyone know how I'm supposed to get water in the super early game of Project Ozone 2? It doesn't seem to rain, so filling the barrels from rainwater doesn't seem to work. I eventually jush pushed through and made the Infinite Water block that fills adjacent machines' inventories with water, and used that to fill barrels to make clay.

Just gotta wait and get lucky I guess. Unless you spawned in a dry biome.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 8, 2016

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I haven't been able to play modded minecraft in a long time.
What's the landscape of things on the technic launcher now? Omp Sigma is gone... minecraft pack up above has a similar setup, including Ars Magica, but it's not technic, I might set it up anyway though. Anything for 1.9 on technic goon-recommended?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Acne Rain posted:

I haven't been able to play modded minecraft in a long time.
What's the landscape of things on the technic launcher now? Omp Sigma is gone... minecraft pack up above has a similar setup, including Ars Magica, but it's not technic, I might set it up anyway though. Anything for 1.9 on technic goon-recommended?

1.8+ is still bonkers so it's hard to aggregate a pack that would be considered as complete as some of the stuff you're probably used to. The thread has has recently been going through lots of heavy, themed quest packs, and a GregTech comedy option for some really bizarre reason. So if you want a big pack with a plot or something to do, you'll want to stick with the 1.7 options. If you want to try newer mods, there are a few variety packs that are starting to sprout up. They tend to take one major pack as a keystone and put quality of life around it, last I checked.

It's looking like soon that somebody should be able to assemble something cogent for technology for 1.10.2. I see various progress for Mekanism, RFTools, and Ender IO all for 1.10.2. They all appear to have been adding new features and not just porting. I don't see anything for AE2 itself, but there's a Refined Storage mod that is trying to work in the spirit, Ender IO added something recently to make something akin to basic ME networks, and even RFTools has some starter stuff.

I suspect somebody would make a beta pack to keep up with all that, but it ain't going to be me. I'm not coming around until things have settled down and I know how the hell they all work.

IMO we have another month of flux, and then everybody's back in college.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Black Pants posted:

While this sounds interesting I don't want to ever do Thaumcraft without Thaumic Energistics again. :(

Just gotta wait and get lucky I guess. Unless you spawned in a dry biome.

TC4 pipes get a lot less lovely once you know that using buffer pipes for every intersection will solve like 90% of your pipe problems. You can set the sides of buffer pipes to apply full, 0, or 1 suction. Putting this together, if you do the following setup you can automate the sorting of your alchemical furnace output.

code:

Jar      Jar      Jar      Jar
            |        |        |        | 
Alembic - Buffer - Buffer - Buffer - Buffer - Jar
            |        |        |        | 
           Jar      Jar      Jar      Jar
Set the left side of every Buffer to have 1 suction and the right side of every Buffer to have 0 suction, you'll have a system that can automatically sort all your essentia. Labeling all the jars is a good idea, and you can put a couple buffers (with suction restricted appropriately on the right sides) to be able to put like numerous labeled jars of the same kind everywhere it says "Jar" to have large scale storage of any essentia you need. Also you can use the tops and bottoms of the buffers instead of just the sides.

Doing automated alchemy is a much bigger hassle, but honestly doing alchemy by hand with a Thaumatorium isn't the awful part of dealing with Essentia, sorting your essentia as you break things down is the awful part. If you use the Infusion Mirror thing then just having your essentia automatically sort and process handles the majority of the work that Thaumic Energistics does with the Infusion Provider.

Essentia Buffers make thaumcraft pipes dramatically less lovely and I think people by and large wouldn't hate pipes if buffers were well explained and TC4 included a couple pages showing "hey here's how you can use buffers to automate an alchemical furnace, isn't that neat!" and a warning that using pipes in intersections is generally asking for trouble.

Magres fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 8, 2016

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Well it's that and physically storing walls of jars for alchemy/infusions versus digital essentia storage, essentia providers and the infusion provider. Basically I'm spoiled by it.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Magres posted:

Essentia Buffers make thaumcraft pipes dramatically less lovely and I think people by and large wouldn't hate pipes if buffers were well explained and TC4 included a couple pages showing "hey here's how you can use buffers to automate an alchemical furnace, isn't that neat!" and a warning that using pipes in intersections is generally asking for trouble.

After really disliking Thaumcraft by the end of Blightfall I had a lot more fun once I looked up online how people build Essentia distillation systems that don't have Thaumic Energistics, and now frankly I think Automagy + Witching Gadgets' Essentia Pumps are both more flavorful and more fun ways of making essentia networks than TE (but I also personally dislike AE2 so ymmv ofc.)

With that said, the biggest problem is even if buffers were well explained you have to go down several research entries to get to them, they aren't even their own entry as I recall, and since you have to use them for any situation where essentia isn't going in a straight line making the quantity you will inevitably need is a tremendous pain in the rear end. They take a ton of materials and you need a completely ridiculous number. That alone I'd imagine would put most people off using them.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

BlondRobin posted:

After really disliking Thaumcraft by the end of Blightfall I had a lot more fun once I looked up online how people build Essentia distillation systems that don't have Thaumic Energistics, and now frankly I think Automagy + Witching Gadgets' Essentia Pumps are both more flavorful and more fun ways of making essentia networks than TE (but I also personally dislike AE2 so ymmv ofc.)

With that said, the biggest problem is even if buffers were well explained you have to go down several research entries to get to them, they aren't even their own entry as I recall, and since you have to use them for any situation where essentia isn't going in a straight line making the quantity you will inevitably need is a tremendous pain in the rear end. They take a ton of materials and you need a completely ridiculous number. That alone I'd imagine would put most people off using them.

Eh, an Essentia Buffer doesn't take that much. 4 Phials, 4 Pipes, and a Lever (ie 4 phials, 4 pipes, and a valve which is lever+pipe) isn't so bad. That's a grand sum total of like... 2 glass, half a drop of quicksilver, half a nugget of gold, and an iron. The cost adds up if you're using dozens and dozens of them for an industrial scale essentia processing setup, but off the top of my head I think you could make a setup that handles all ~50 kinds of essentia with about 15 buffers. If you want to put ~5 jars of storage for each kind of essentia you'd need an essentia buffer per kind of essentia, but even then 60 buffers is only a couple stacks of glass, a stack of quicksilver drops, like 7 gold ingots, and a stack of iron.

Don't get me wrong - the system as is is pretty bad, but it's more bad because essentia buffers are terribly explained and buried within other research instead of singled out as being the #1 most important item to learn to use if you want pipes to not suck, not because the cost is horrible. I guess the Vis cost would get to be annoying quickly if you don't have CV set up, but CV is easily the #1 most important quality of life technology you can invest in for TC4.

Black Pants posted:

Well it's that and physically storing walls of jars for alchemy/infusions versus digital essentia storage, essentia providers and the infusion provider. Basically I'm spoiled by it.

That's fair. If it helps, Hubris is more of an adventure, exploration, fightmans pack than a magical industry pack, so you probably won't need to ever be storing more than 256 of any essentia (maybe 512 of really high volume stuff) which isn't too bad to set up a storage array for. But yeah TE is amazing and makes it all simple and easy and it can be hard to go back from if you don't like setting up all this crap.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Magres posted:

That's fair. If it helps, Hubris is more of an adventure, exploration, fightmans pack than a magical industry pack, so you probably won't need to ever be storing more than 256 of any essentia (maybe 512 of really high volume stuff) which isn't too bad to set up a storage array for. But yeah TE is amazing and makes it all simple and easy and it can be hard to go back from if you don't like setting up all this crap.

That's fair enough. I'll check it out sometime.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Magres posted:

TC4 pipes get a lot less lovely once you know that using buffer pipes for every intersection will solve like 90% of your pipe problems.
Or just use Thaumic Pipes.
Like really seriously just use Thaumic Pipes. It's Fluxduct of essentia piping: set it and forget it. You need 1 pearl and 2 gold per 8 pipes (and tubes to convert) but it's worth it, and even though endermen are a rarity, you get a lot of pearls in this pack from opening all the treasure bags you'll be getting.

Mzbundifund posted:

Let me know your experience with Thaumic Pipes. I've heard some horror stories about those things murdering framerates and / or causing crashes, but that was a while ago and they might be fixed now.
So far it's exactly what it says on the tin. I haven't noticed any slowdown, and all I'm doing is running a web of pipes from my furnace to my alchemical construct, with the pipes in between and sitting close enough to my altar to be used. It's very low maintenance and I've had no functional problems, it even automatically balances out multiple jars, and you can use labels to condense, so if for instance you have 2 jars of Terra of 20 each, slap a label on one and it'll suck up the 20 from the other and leave it empty.
The only problem I've had is that sometimes the rendering is wrong (as you can see in this screenshot) and the pipes don't seem to connect right, but essentia still flows between them just fine, so it's apparently just a visual thing.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh drat that is nice. And also exactly how pipes should have been in the first goddamned place.

I'll defend pipes some because they're not quite as bad as people make them out to be if you know how to work with buffers, but they're still needlessly obtuse and overly complicated and not good.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Magres posted:

Oh drat that is nice. And also exactly how pipes should have been in the first goddamned place.

I'll defend pipes some because they're not quite as bad as people make them out to be if you know how to work with buffers, but they're still needlessly obtuse and overly complicated and not good.
Yeah, they work like ultra-low-capacity fluiducts which can clog if you have multiple fluids in the system, while these can carry several types separately and worry less about 'suction' and more about just straight delivery.
I figure I'm already managing Essentia, Vis, Centivis, AND Research Points, so I don't need to worry about all this piping on top of everything. I'm more than happy to take the easy way out, and I'd probably STILL be using Thaumic Energistics if this pack wasn't forcing me out of my comfort zone. Hell, I even avoided the temptation to build the OpenBlocks Glider after installing the mod, in favor of AM2's leap and slowfall spells.
Speaking of AM2, you get a Snare spell early on as a quest reward and it's incredibly good against Infernal Mobs (who drop artifact armor and rare treasure bags), because you can just root them in place for like a whole minute and deal with them as needed.

Also, one of the mods (Thaumic Horizons, I think?) has this really cool item called an Ethereal Shard, which you place down, buff up with ethereal essences, and then can use like a regular node -- but it charges itself with centivis. I know there are a few devices that work off regular nodes rather than CV so being able to turn the latter into the former is incredibly convenient.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The TC5 research system is nice but it feels weirdly redundant. It was always there to gate techs behind time rather than resources, but now all you need to progress is paper and ink so why it's there at all is weird.

Maybe some sort of experimentation system would be better? Crafting various bits and putting them together for research notes and for higher tier stuff include some infusement in the process.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

TC5 is awesome because essentia just gets transmitted over the air, no pipes necessary

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Magres posted:

Pipes used to work that way, but people basically never used alchemical golems because the pipes were objectively superior. Also there was almost no reason to use the extra types of pipe. So they got a nerf, and now there are occasional reasons to use other types, and golems are a better option (usually) for mass hands-off or label-less storage.

Unfortunately because of the new mechanics introduced with the nerf, pipes were also a bit buggy for a while. Essentia kept getting stuck in them, even with only one type in the pipe.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I think that TC4 pipes are fine. I don't keep huge sprawling stockpiles myself as a rule, rather I keep my alchemy setups separate depending on what I'm doing. For example I'll milk cows and burn it down for essentia to use in automating the making of flowers and have a few jars as extras with a void. That way I can always reliably pick up a few jars of whatever I need for the infusion altar.

This is more resource intensive in the setup but I've jut never been happy with any of the huge 'make everything here' setups I've used before.

The buffers are great but good use of TC4 pipes basically requires a smaller smaller, more localized scale and it was easy to make that switch when I played Blightfall.

Goncyn
May 20, 2005
headlight on a northbound train

Magres posted:

Why not just use an alchemy golem to empty your alchemical furnace into as many jars as you want?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Goncyn posted:

Why not just use an alchemy golem to empty your alchemical furnace into as many jars as you want?

I don't even understand how this works, but people keep bringing it up.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Alchemy golem is slow and sometimes you want to not rely on entities that fall through floors as has happened a couple times when chunks are loaded back when I did this in Blightfall a couple years ago.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Black Pants posted:

I don't even understand how this works, but people keep bringing it up.

Basically you craft a crystal bell, a golem and an alchemy core. They're alchemy / infusion recipes in the thaumonomicon just like any other. Crafting the golem gives you an item named "golem". You take your golem item and right click it on the alchemical furnace at the base of your alembic stack. This places a golem mob in the world. The mob will just be sitting there inert with its head down, not moving. You right-click the golem mob with your alchemy core. This will put the core on the golem and it will wake up, raise its head, start looking at you, etc. Basically it'll be real obvious that it's active now.

Then put as many jars as you like around the room, and then right-click your golem with the crystalline bell. This selects the golem. Then you right click your jars with the bell. This tells the golem that it's ok to use these jars. You can select as many jars as you want, but without upgrades the golem will not be able to use jars more than 8 blocks away.

Now you're done! Just burn stuff in your alchemical furnace as you normally would, and the golem will automatically grab essentia out of your alembics and store them in the jars, no pipes needed.

That's all you need to get started. There's a few other facts that will help streamline the procedure though.

The golem will put essentia in jars in the following order.

Warded jars with labels first,
Void jars with labels second,
Warded jars without labels third,
Void jars without labels last.

So if you, say, want to burn a bunch of greatwood logs to get praecantatio but you don't want to waste 8 jars on useless arbor storage, just put a void jar labeled with arbor on it, and the golem will automatically fill it with arbor and then use it to void all the excess arbor. My end goal is usually a room with one void jar of each type of essentia, with a couple extra warded jars for rare or high-demand essentia.

Finally, the golem will be able to carry essentia relative to its strength. Straw golems can only carry one essentia at a time, and so waste a lot of time running between the furnace and the jars. Wood golems can carry four. Thaumium golems can carry 64, literally more than an alembic can hold, so they're overkill. I usually use a tallow golem with an earth upgrade and an air upgrade, so it can carry 8 per trip and runs faster.

Sage Grimm posted:

Alchemy golem is slow and sometimes you want to not rely on entities that fall through floors as has happened a couple times when chunks are loaded back when I did this in Blightfall a couple years ago.

I've never had this happen although given how well Minecraft is coded I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Goncyn
May 20, 2005
headlight on a northbound train
Two more notes about alchemy golems: they're not slow if you use a better base golem + air and earth upgrades, and you don't have to click every single jar with the bell -- the golem will use any jar in a row of adjacent jars so long as one of them is marked.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Devor posted:

It does rain, it's just invisible because of the no more rain mod. The very first quest gives you a florb of water and that plus the one block on the map should give you an infinite source.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It's kind of ridiculous mob clipping is still such a big issue. I'm constantly finding dyed sheep roaming around near my farm, chickens falling through the collector, and cows being pushed into walls to suffocate.
This seems like a really obvious and frequent problem because even modest size farms seem to 'leak' over time.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Is there a way to force mobGriefing to false and keepInventory to true when creating a new world? I'm loving tired of having to do those two for every single goddamn new world in each modpack I play. Often I reroll worlds a bit if I'm not happy with how things are going and it's goddamn loving annoying to forget to set keepinventory to true and then die somewhere where I'll never get the stuff back.

If there was a modded minecraft bitching thread, I'd post this there too.

e. And while I'm at it, I want to force bonus chest and cheats to true without having to set those two manually as well.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 8, 2016

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

It's kind of ridiculous mob clipping is still such a big issue. I'm constantly finding dyed sheep roaming around near my farm, chickens falling through the collector, and cows being pushed into walls to suffocate.
This seems like a really obvious and frequent problem because even modest size farms seem to 'leak' over time.

In my experience, that only happens when either the fences cross chunk boundaries (and thus disconnect when one chunk unloads, allowing farm animals to wander through the gap at the edge... this happens when the fence is right next to the chunk boundary as well) or when the wall is just on the other side of a chunk boundary (farm animals wander into the first block of an unloaded chunk and then suffocate when it loads).

Corner fences are a problem too. Chickens get stuck in them for some reason.

ShoulderDaemon
Oct 9, 2003
support goon fund
Taco Defender

Ambaire posted:

Is there a way to force mobGriefing to false and keepInventory to true when creating a new world? I'm loving tired of having to do those two for every single goddamn new world in each modpack I play. Often I reroll worlds a bit if I'm not happy with how things are going and it's goddamn loving annoying to forget to set keepinventory to true and then die somewhere where I'll never get the stuff back.

Look for the "global game rules" mod; I just found that yesterday while randomly scrolling past mods on curse and it's awesome.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Mzbundifund posted:

I've never had this happen although given how well Minecraft is coded I wouldn't be at all surprised.

I lost a fair few golems to this in blightfall. It was annoying at first as i didnt have the resources to keep replacing them. (I then found about 6 of them at the bottom of a room i dug....)

Ambaire posted:

If there was a modded minecraft bitching thread, I'd post this there too.

e. And while I'm at it, I want to force bonus chest and cheats to true without having to set those two manually as well.

oh man yeah. this should be standard

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Goncyn posted:

Because of this:

Sage Grimm posted:

This has happened to me more than once. Also Golems lag to poo poo if you have lots of them running around so I generally don't use them when I have alternatives. Also also I think pipes moaning and groaning like they're going to explode has a neat 'mad science' feel to the sound of it.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Anyone use Fullthrottle Alchemist?
My newest game is the same as my last but with alchemist and Essential craft added.
My game seems exceptionally laggy and I am thinking its this mod.

There needs to be a list of laggy mods out there so I will know what to stay away from.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I started playing Banished again, set keepinventory to true and assumed that would be good.. nope. I died to a lightning storm sparked by a lemon slime and some guardian chest mod overrode the keepinventory setting and stuck all my stuff in it. And if that wasn't bad enough, when I tried to access the chest, it said only 'my player name' could access it for the next 5 minutes. What the gently caress? Swapped to creative and punched the chest and got my stuff back, then deleted that piece of crap mod.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Sage Grimm posted:

I believe that only occurred if your floor was only one block thick and/or your room crossed chunk boundaries and they'd fall through the unloaded floor. I've never seen this happen myself, but I have heard of others having it happen on the same server I was on. Usually they had a thin floor with a room below, but that's anecdotal.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

:f5h::shepface:

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Has anyone figured out how to seamlessly mute the HQM audio files for turning in quests? I tried using Audacity to record a 3s file of silence then using it to replace the two files for turning in quests and stuff but now it plays an annoying static pop instead, and the file was completely silent... I'd like it to just play nothing.

e. Ah ha, got it. What I had to do was edit the existing complete.ogg and reward.ogg files, and replace the audio in the middle between the start and end silent parts with the recorded silent file. Now it works. Blessed silence.

Here's a link to the two files if anyone else wants to silence their HQM.
The way you do it is, go to your mod directory, open HQM.jar in 7-zip, navigate to assets, hqm, sounds, and drag those two audio files in there then save.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 10, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of beef

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Today in Banished WTF I bring you a Ghast that spawned in the Mesa biome adjacent and was intent on punching a hole through to my base with repeated fireball spam. It ate a single rock blast and died horribly. I forgot how much fun this modpack is. Ars Magica really is an amazing mod and I don't know why I don't see it more often in modpacks. I'm at level 14 and all I use for killing mobs is the quest rewards Rock Blast and Magic Beam. Haven't used another weapon in 3 AM levels.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Ambaire posted:

Today in Banished WTF I bring you a Ghast that spawned in the Mesa biome adjacent and was intent on punching a hole through to my base with repeated fireball spam. It ate a single rock blast and died horribly. I forgot how much fun this modpack is. Ars Magica really is an amazing mod and I don't know why I don't see it more often in modpacks.

Because it has a whole bunch of horrible crashing bugs, a bunch of annoying bugs, and a few world ending ones. Some of the crashing bugs is you can do in 2 seconds with two mana batteries and a crystal wrench. Also mana batteries and nexuse lose all their bindings and energy when the chunk gets unloaded.

Also the repeated crashing bug happens when you connect mana batteries in a loop, why it would crash I don't know.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

SugarAddict posted:

Because it has a whole bunch of horrible crashing bugs, a bunch of annoying bugs, and a few world ending ones. Some of the crashing bugs is you can do in 2 seconds with two mana batteries and a crystal wrench. Also mana batteries and nexuse lose all their bindings and energy when the chunk gets unloaded.

Also the repeated crashing bug happens when you connect mana batteries in a loop, why it would crash I don't know.

Many of the bugs people are used to have been fixed or can be avoided. :) Bugs? Welcome to modded Minecraft. Ars Magica 2 is a very fun mod and still being worked on, though no updates for Minecraft 1.8+ yet.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I found a cool mod I want to try out (http://psi.vazkii.us/), but I can't find any installation instructions for the mod itself. And when I tried the instructions in the first post, nothing seemed to happen. There's no indication that the mod exists in the game, and none of the mod's items appear in creative mode.

Help? I have no idea what I'm doing here; the only other time I've tried to mod Minecraft, I used the Technic launcher, and that was years ago. This time I just want to keep things simple and use this one mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

lolmer posted:

Many of the bugs people are used to have been fixed or can be avoided. :) Bugs? Welcome to modded Minecraft. Ars Magica 2 is a very fun mod and still being worked on, though no updates for Minecraft 1.8+ yet.

Maybe Ars Magica 2 in Banished just needs to be updated or something? I know a few of these bugs caused Ars Magica 2 to be straight up removed and never looked at again on a few servers I used to play on.