Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Neurolimal posted:

The real problem with the idea of HOTS killing LoL is that in HOTS the super badass carry heroes are all supports, and super all star carry people refuse to support, even in a game where there's no cs.

if the fans would just accept that it's actually "badass" to help others, they'd love to collect coins to hand to the magic pirate so he shoots the cannon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the real carry in hots is the lost vikings, because erik can just sit in top lane for the entire game until your team has five levels on the enemy

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Patch notes:

Deep Sea Nami no longer keeps talking when Voice Volume is disabled

Not as good as RoboMumu's global laugh

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
6.16 notes:
http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-616-notes

stump collector
May 28, 2007
irelia is probably finally balanced, god bless

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Endorph posted:

the real carry in hots is the lost vikings, because erik can just sit in top lane for the entire game until your team has five levels on the enemy

Too true. And on the maps where everyone leaves lanes to hit objectives the lost vikings can split up and collect three lanes of XP while still keeping 4 people on the objectives.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
There's a lord of the rings moba? what

I'm waiting until they nerf Sona until she's worse than before she got her rework.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Nautilus getting a two second stun on top of his knockup on secondary targets isn't going to suddenly make him appear toplane again, no sir. I just wanna jungle with him again :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Servaetes posted:

Nautilus getting a two second stun on top of his knockup on secondary targets isn't going to suddenly make him appear toplane again, no sir. I just wanna jungle with him again :(

God drat those buffs own. I haven't played league in almost 2 months but riot just brought me back :swoon:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Just won a ranked game as a vel koz (friend)/zyra (me) botlane. The cheese is strong in that one.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Endorph posted:

BOY: girl, look up into the sky and count the stars
GIRL: wow that's a lot
BOY: that's how many league of legends games i've lost

--henkman, on a first date

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
What the gently caress

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
He's legally required to inform his date that he is on the Silver Orianna Registry

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Neurolimal posted:

People who buy the most expensive skins also favor heroes with little resemblence to classic games :v:

Ezreal has obvious RPG style and Corki's kit lends itself very well for a bullet hell PC design, it's pretty lol that they p much went "HERE IS AN ARCADE CABINET, SHE IS NOW ARCADE" for Ahri though.

ezreal has obvious rpg style because he's loving cloud from final fantasy 7 in this skin dude come on

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Ah. Dammit. I got Zed in my chest.

It's a cool skin but I don't own the guy and I was really hoping for Ashe. She's one of the two ADCs I can play with any competency.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tyty posted:

Ah. Dammit. I got Zed in my chest.

It's a cool skin but I don't own the guy and I was really hoping for Ashe. She's one of the two ADCs I can play with any competency.

you were never gonna get ashe bc the project skins are only from the first run and not the new ones

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Sona post-nerf trip report: still freelo

The nerfs barely hit her. She's still kinda mediocre early game, but the second you get your core you turn into a walking Locket that can also mini Sivir ult and stun.

Ardent Censer + Chalice (into Athenes) + Eye of the Watchers is the core, with Ardent being the allstar of the build.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

rabidsquid posted:

you were never gonna get ashe bc the project skins are only from the first run and not the new ones

Oh. :downs:

Well I guess I got one of the ones I don't own yet? That's a plus. I don't really care about the border so I'll just hope for the shard in a normal chest later.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Is that a Chocobo Rider Kled?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is Nami worth playing and learning? She looks like she's never gotta get changed.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

There's always something in the bugfixes section that makes me laugh

quote:

Champion clones no longer steal part of the Turret First Blood gold bonus

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tired Moritz posted:

Is Nami worth playing and learning? She looks like she's never gotta get changed.

namis cc is incredibly slow and hard to hit. ofc she has the best laugh spam in the game, so theres that

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

namis cc is incredibly slow and hard to hit. ofc she has the best laugh spam in the game, so theres that

Nami is amazing but I don't think I'd say she has the best. I'm partial to Lux's laugh myself. Though with Infernal Nasus you can sound like a hosed up car engine which is pretty cool.

I like Nami support for real though. Bubble/Wave are indeed slow but have great potential. Getting a 3+ person bubble off feels pretty great and she is fun to play if nothing else.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Aumanor posted:

There's always something in the bugfixes section that makes me laugh

I was partial to this one actually

quote:

Twisted Fate no longer cancels his recall when pressing the hotkey for E - Stacked Deck at ranks 2 or higher

I almost want to temp for riot just so I can read their source because I really want to know why and how the rank of a passive skill interacts with the handlers for the button press.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I got Leona from my disruption chest, which is great because I dont like most the the project skins but this one gives her CYBER ABS. I look forward to unlocking it and getting S rank as AD leona

rabidsquid posted:

ezreal has obvious rpg style because he's loving cloud from final fantasy 7 in this skin dude come on

well, thats why I said obvious :v:

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Aug 10, 2016

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

I play Nami a lot, she's very good once you get a decent amount of practice in (hitting bubbles, getting a feel for the range of W). She's very strong in laning against most supports (my main problem matchups are Naut and Sion), but she definitely falls off late game.

In most games*, my only AP item is blue sightstone/FQC, typically only buying the latter to help the team snowball harder if we're already winning pretty hard; after that it's almost all tanky items. Crucible and Locket are typically must-buys, other good options are Randuin's, Frozen Heart, Zeke's.

* I usually support Servaetes and he's a gimmick Jhin-only account now so Zeke's/Ardent Censer are pointless in most games

I got Yi from my chest, looking forward to feeding

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?

Tired Moritz posted:

i'd play enough games to see if you have a good feel for the bubble. if you can hit it p consistently at whatever elo you are at she is really good. it wont take many games to find out. wave is also super fun. ctrl4 spam is the greatest.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
http://gameinfo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/champions/kled/
Kled's rival list.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sometimes Riot does amazing things

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Kled is his own rival. That's a great touch.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Mystery Prize posted:

Sona post-nerf trip report: still freelo

The nerfs barely hit her. She's still kinda mediocre early game, but the second you get your core you turn into a walking Locket that can also mini Sivir ult and stun.

Ardent Censer + Chalice (into Athenes) + Eye of the Watchers is the core, with Ardent being the allstar of the build.

Are my dreams of 53 percent winrate sona going to come true? I'm tired of asking one of the first two picks on my team to grab sona and swap me.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Lol SKT Ryze has a laptop for a book. Nice

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
apparently sir kled was 975 on the PBE and is 1350 on live :riot:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Kashuno posted:

A small price to pay to knight the Noxian Meme

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Kashuno posted:

This must be a mistake let me check with Riot games finance department...

:homebrew:

Nope, checks out.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Libertine posted:

This must be a mistake let me check with Riot games finance department...

:homebrew:

Nope, checks out.

Already changed and they're talking about figuring out how to credit players who spent more their RP, so almost certainly a legit mistake.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Holy sh*t!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Played a bit of Kled on normals he seems alright as top and jungle. Top lane he has no resource so he can just spam his abilities but he doesn't do that much dmg even if u build dmg. Good at diving the turret because Skarl can tank the turret dmg and then when u lose the mount u can dash out with ur q which kinda works like graves ult. You can't go through walls with your e unless u hit an opponent on the other side but in melee form u can jump through walls with ur q like Graves. The e feels awkward should let it go through walls imo but w.e maybe they trying to spot mobility creep.

No wave clear seems to be the biggest problem if u gonna play him top. I think u have to pretty much build Titanic hydra or Ravenous to push. Jungle u can forgo Titanic hydra because Sustain isn't really that good on him and u can try to get 40% cdr which makes him really annoying to play vs.

Interested to see what people do with him. I don't think any pro will play him because he is not on the playoff patch I believe.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Tired Moritz posted:

I posted this a couple pages ago:

Gold 3 now.

Nami is difficult to learn but her bubble is one of the best support cc's in the game, at 45% cdr and max rank it's an aoe you can spam every 5.5 seconds that can't be blocked by bodies, minions, or jungle creeps. If you get good at using it it's pretty easy to consistently protect you/your adc just by shooting it at their feet right as they're about to get dived on, not only does it cc the target but it'll proc passive to get them out a bit faster.

Her w is fantastic pretty much the entire game, great for winning you lane (you'll pretty much do more than any other supp in lane with it if you consistently get it to bounce at least once) and something I think a lot of people don't understand about it is the % modifier on bounces can actually go positive with enough AP. Those games where you see me get a deathcap it ends up like 15-25% stronger with each bounce in addition to the flat 30% on the move, so if you get it to bounce 3 times in a team fight it's doing ~30+1.2*30+1.2*1.2*30 late game which is ~110% of your AP every w. It's also an easy way to trigger 2 windspeakers on your teamates, 2 nami passives for stickyness, and if you have an athenes whoever gets healed after a bounce off an enemy gets a nice boost.
(note even if you're not going deathcap and end up with a still fairly supporty core of something like frost queens, athenes, and zeke's/banner you still end up with good scaling on your w, it's just deathcap is good for crushing games you're already winning or if your team is tanky but could use higher numbers)

Her e is pretty underrated imo, it's instant cast so it's good for escapes to trigger her passive and it comes bundled with some extra damage (nice for 2v2 fights) and a slow for stickyness. Something really convenient is you can cast the e with their autos (or ez's mystic) mid air and when it hits the target it'll still use one of the charges and apply the bonuses, this frequently means they get the next shot or two for free and it's a really solid trade in lane. Late game you just throw it on bruisers or tanks for extra stickyness or on whoever needs a little boost cleaning someone low up. Hitting someone with an e to give them a bit of a boost, then timing your w to layer right afterwards means 3 seconds of speed which is usually enough for them to use whatever gap closer is in their kit or if they're an adc just to auto.

Finally her ult is fantastic disengage and on the rare chances you do have an opportunity to use it as engage the 2x speed boost plus the fact it slows after the knockup based on distance traveled usually means you can catch whoever was trying to sneak the dragon or w/e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
who you play matters 0% until you are playing master

• Locked thread