Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Being a lawyer must be like being a proctologist in a monastery.

Cos you gotta know about mens rea.

:csimiami:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
speaking of which, I need a netflix recommendation, something that is not anime.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Erdricks posted:

speaking of which, I need a netflix recommendation, something that is not anime.

watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRdT7Q8hwdw

it's comic related

e: though quality is kind of bad

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Erdricks posted:

House of Cards if you somehow haven't. Stranger Things wasn't terrible. The Ranch was pretty funny.

Also, Bad Boys 2, Gridiron Gang, xXx, Fast and Furious (2, 3, 4), Get Rich or Die Tryin and South Park BLU are on there and should be experienced.

Personal Fav: Lie to Me (series), Ip Man (Movie about Bruce Lee's master, does things in China), Parks and Rec (series), Hot and Fluffy (stand up about fat people, very relevant to SG), Boondocks (racism series).

Lowkey very funny, Blue Mountain State.

I just saw GOOD BURGER is on there too.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

FranktheBank posted:

Boondocks (racism series).

Seconded. Also BoJack Horseman.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Erdricks posted:

Get HBO instead and watch The Night Of. John Turturro plays a disgusting defense attorney with melting feet who gets turned down by prostitutes due to his crippling erectile disfunction. His secretary helps him make posts on the Something Awful forums about Marvel Heroes. I hear it's based on a true story.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Someone come play Orcs Must Die: Unchained with me until the grind is overwhelming (so, like, one or two play sessions tops). It's gotten a lot better in open beta than it was when I first played it in closed beta but still massive griiiiind to unlock and upgrade traps. Actually feels like an Orcs Must Die game now. I only play survival though, not the pvp/dota siege mode.

Marvel Heroes is a good game still. Just can't find a reason to keep playing/gearing up at 60 without fun challenging content - especially group content - or pvp to use that gear within. X-defense was so close to a great mode to play. It could've been all I needed if they hadn't forgotten about it. So great to get a killer team together for it, dominate the early waves, pull out all the tricks you can think of and coordinate in the later waves and finally fall to attrition. That time we got to wave 73 without cheating, classic; what a feeling. Have it reward merits like CDR to spend at a vendor with unique loot/boss loot boxes/etc., fix the borked wave scaling in the lvl 60 version, give it a leaderboard for waves completed, and add a couple more interesting waves and it'd be fire and a big reason to have a well-geared hero. Ultron mode would be great too if stage 1 wasn't so abysmally boring and about 5 times longer than it needs to be with stuff spread out way too much and respawning way too slow. Cosmic Danger Room is fun but not group-friendly and all the rewards cost way too many merits or each run grants too few merits. Hell, I'd be happy with it if I was in each scenario about 3 times longer for 3x the merits. I don't like having to chain run so many scenarios.

Anyway, come be disappointed in OMD:U with me for a little while and temporarily forget your MH disappointment.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Aug 9, 2016

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I just reinstalled Guild Wars 2 and I've been having fun with that instead. I think the base game is free now too

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Erdricks posted:

Hey lemme pitch this idea to you; maybe watch something that IS anime

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Soothing Vapors posted:

"...and I work for the government," the leech sneered haughtily as it peered down at the tick. "I'm not like those other parasites."

lmao

aren't you a lawyer that works for the government

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sion posted:

aren't you a lawyer that works for the government

All lawyers work for the government, Sion. All of them.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

"...and I work for the government," the leech sneered haughtily as it peered down at the tick. "I'm not like those other parasites."

pretty accurate and true

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Sir Lucas Cage incoming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytkjQvSk2VA

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Wow I hope Sugar calls in some old friends from Pennsylvania for the big fight at the end.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

How much sex is he going to have with JJ? The amount they had in her show and the fact she always let the bad man get away made me turn it off.

Drythe posted:

hi im government IT

Hire me TIA

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Inferior to the previous one due to lack of wu-tang. Still a good trailer though.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Except it was the only good trailer. Well, Defenders was a "teaser"

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

In the age of trailers for trailers, people actually somehow decide that it is worthwhile to differentiate between a trailer and a teaser.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Is the difference the length?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Teasers tell you who's in it, trailers tell you what the plot is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teasers are sometimes the actual announcement of a thing now too, before anyone is even cast.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Teasers is what your mom does to my disneydick at the strip club, trailers are what JJJ calls home.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
A tragedy in two pictures.

:rip:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

dicks out for marblebaes

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Man I ain't no officer capable of setting MOTDs

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wait it's ARMOR week?

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

AzraelNewtype posted:

AfraidOfLoggingIn

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!
Invite TwoMinutesHat please, that is me.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Sent.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It lasted like what three years? That isn't bad for a goon group in a free-to-play game. You all were a ton of fun to play with but game doesn't offer anything more at this point.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

AzraelNewtype posted:

glad i could help

HoldMyOwn
Mar 9, 2016
I tried to play but regular prestige is hosed. Took me 45-50minutes off the green cup to level she hulk 1-60. It's asinine.

I'm done for now and only logging for amazing cosmic prestige events to get more yellows.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
You just wait until Legally All New And All Different From An Angel - A is released.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Her name is pronounced An-hel-a.

She's from the Mexico of Asgard, which it must have since it has a China for Hogun to be from.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Actually I'm pretty sure Asgard is described as being encircled by a wall so she can't be

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She can fly.

She's basically Space Trump's greatest nightmare.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Pierson posted:

It lasted like what three years? That isn't bad for a goon group in a free-to-play game. You all were a ton of fun to play with but game doesn't offer anything more at this point.

We dropped a lot of money and a lot of god drat time.

We also had the best event. And we had Cides.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

#freecides

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Aphrodite posted:

Her name is pronounced An-hel-a.

She's from the Mexico of Asgard, which it must have since it has a China for Hogun to be from.
Asgard is the Mexico in this, because the angels have a super capitalist society walled off from the rest of reality and she's an anchor baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Cides is from before my time, was he a super cool dude?

• Locked thread