Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
So if my 320 artifact is the only thing holding me back from getting my light past 331, what's the best way to get one with a higher light?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

BrokenKnees posted:

So if my 320 artifact is the only thing holding me back from getting my light past 331, what's the best way to get one with a higher light?

Court of oryx if you can get an antiquated rune.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I picked up a SSC with more stability this week so I leveled it and I've been using it in Crucible lately. I've gotta say I think the TTK on it is absolute dogshit. Sure if you're popping off headshots without missing it'll compete. But that also means you have to maintain line of sight, not miss and stay exposed to that other guy.

I just can't find a reason to ever not use a handcannon/PDX/hawksaw. The burst damage is where it's at. If you're at all decent about positioning and cover most hoses don't stand a chance. Just keep dancing in and out of cover while they occasionally plink you for 7/15 damage. Though I'm only at 1.3 k/d overall and I'm sure the ELO is majorly borked on the 360. My opponents are probably pretty bad.

BrokenKnees posted:

This is exactly my problem. Everyone always says Court of Oryx but that's a total RNGfest. I've never had a T3 drop in 25+ attempts at T2 and all of the poo poo I get is LL270.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

OdinsBeard posted:

I've got one sitting around but it's not charged, might have to look into that.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

fennesz posted:

I picked up a SSC with more stability this week so I leveled it and I've been using it in Crucible lately. I've gotta say I think the TTK on it is absolute dogshit. Sure if you're popping off headshots without missing it'll compete. But that also means you have to maintain line of sight, not miss and stay exposed to that other guy.

I just can't find a reason to ever not use a handcannon/PDX/hawksaw. The burst damage is where it's at. If you're at all decent about positioning and cover most hoses don't stand a chance. Just keep dancing in and out of cover while they occasionally plink you for 7/15 damage. Though I'm only at 1.3 k/d overall and I'm sure the ELO is majorly borked on the 360. My opponents are probably pretty bad.

This is exactly my problem. Everyone always says Court of Oryx but that's a total RNGfest. I've never had a T3 drop in 25+ attempts at T2 and all of the poo poo I get is LL270.

You'll get one for sure if you rank up Eris Morn to 6, I believe. If you can get into a group and do the challenge mode for the raid I believe you will get up to a 335 artifact even on normal, as well as antiquated runes.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

ohrwurm posted:

:lol: CoE is absolute dogshit this week

yeah it's good week for me to be utterly disappointed by no mans sky

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Gonna try some Prison of Elders after work. Hopefully get some decent stuff from the treasure chest at the bottom. last time it poo poo out legendary engrams.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

OdinsBeard posted:

Stolen Runes can drop higher level artifact too, but less often. I got my 2nd and 3rd 335 artifacts from stolen runes

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

fennesz posted:

I'm not quite sure what to make of this fusion. I've used more or less nothing but PlanC/The vendor FWC. I feel like it's perks are pretty solid but I'm not sold. The impact seems pretty low for Acc Coils.

\/ That's kind of what I figured. Doesn't feel punchy enough to really do much.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ohrwurm posted:

:lol: CoE is absolute dogshit this week

Is it even possible to get 30,000 points in one run when your bonus point condition is blocked by trickle?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

We miss u babe stay strong

https://youtu.be/RgKAFK5djSk

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

TaurusOxford posted:

Is it even possible to get 30,000 points in one run when your bonus point condition is blocked by trickle?

A well coordinated team should be able too. 3 warlocks with nothing manacles and tier 5 discipline running the quick recharge on void kill. The hunter perk where grenade kills instantly refill melee and melee kills instantly refill grenade would work too. Should be interesting when roi drops with the new artifacts, no super with double melee and double grenade could really help during a week like this. No way I am messing with it this week though, good excuse to take a break from destiny until roi so everything feels fresh.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

TaurusOxford posted:

Yeah. We went in as three void walkers with nothing manacles and everyone had a primary with grenadier (Tlaloc). Hit 32k without much fuss. Just not fun.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

texaholic posted:

A well coordinated team should be able too. 3 warlocks with nothing manacles and tier 5 discipline running the quick recharge on void kill. The hunter perk where grenade kills instantly refill melee and melee kills instantly refill grenade would work too. Should be interesting when roi drops with the new artifacts, no super with double melee and double grenade could really help during a week like this. No way I am messing with it this week though, good excuse to take a break from destiny until roi so everything feels fresh.

The problem is trickle and the fact that you need extended energy drain to get those grenades back. Otherwise you're going to spend a lot of time getting precision kills or playing a lovely neutral game. Sunsingers and radiance don't compare. Stormcaller grenades are straight rear end so playing Perpetual Charge ping pong is on a razor's edge. Besides, if you're using a Sunsinger or Stormcaller you aren't using the best class for grenade bonus CoE - Voidwalkers

Not even Simmering Flames helps Sunbreakers. That goes double for Strikers and Defenders because they have absolutely no way to increase their recharge with skills/talents. You could argue that Defenders could use their super to get an extra grenade from time to time.

Hunters are just rear end for this week. Nightstalker grenades are terrible and Bladedancers have the worst sticky in the game and no way to speed that recharge. Gunslingers are the only ones that can reliably use their grenades because of Scavenging.

It's a really lovely week for CoE.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yeah, it was just unfun and only made possible by primary weapons with Grenadier. Precision kills offset the loss of non grenade kills somewhat but you're still not being efficient.

Have at least one Voidwalker running Tlaloc. Have your other two people body shotting but not killing for Assist points. Your Voidwalker will make the final (precision) kill with Tlaloc to get the grenade energy to kill other adds with a grenade.

The Voidwalker with Tlaloc isn't completely necessary but I would say having one person with a Grenadier primary and a strong grenade is essential. The other two people are just Assist fodder.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
If I had to do it I'd run a gunslinger, but I'd focus more on getting throwing knife chains. With a headshot kill worth melee+precision points it's the same as a grenade with bonus. Then it's just a matter of shooting your gun to get assists and make room for ammo to activate scavenger so you can throw the occasional grenade.

But I don't have to, so I won't.

Also trickle really shouldn't affect radiance or Army of One, but that would imply any thought had been put into it.

Kiavahr fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 10, 2016

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah just skip COE when it is 80 and gay

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Kiavahr posted:

If I had to do it I'd run a gunslinger, but I'd focus more on getting throwing knife chains. With a headshot kill worth melee+precision points it's the same as a grenade with bonus. Then it's just a matter of shooting your gun to get assists and make room for ammo to activate scavenger so you can throw the occasional grenade.

But I don't have to, so I won't.

Also trickle really shouldn't affect radiance or Army of One, but that would imply any thought had been put into it.

Trickle affects grenade recharge from radiance. You will not throw grenades as fast as you would w/o it. Army of One and Grenadier are good ways to recharge your abilities but once again you are getting kills and precision kills which are not as many points as grenade kills.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Kiavahr posted:

The hardest part of getting this to work is the Fallen room. You can't OHK vandals with knives at that light level. You can offset it somewhat by body shoting the boss with a Monte Carlo.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 10, 2016

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Smoke weed, pop a POE booster, and run the 41 a few times instead of having jamming your dick in a drawer

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Yeah but have you thought about the drawer's feelings?

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 10, 2016

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

quote:

One of the things we learned is that Bungie actually consulted with some wolf conservationists before putting the wolves into the game, and I think even got some of the sounds the wolves make directly from that group. But it was on the condition that Bungie try and represent the wolves in at least some authentic way; I think that’s why we can’t pet them.

Just some more tidbits about Rise of Iron from Game Informer.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/08/10/three-days-exploring-destiny-rise-of-iron.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

Lord Saladin selling Iron Engrams, hmm ...

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I've been saving my treasure boxes, hoping for cool new gear. Now there's radiant shards treasures. Great. Let me unsubscribe from the lovely loot crates.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/47fgnj2.gifv

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I rolled a HB with snapshot hh and performance bonus twice in less than 10 rolls. Both times it had Longview 20 though. I'll just roll with ambush on it. .

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I was wondering why crucible was an even more laggy sweaty piece of poo poo this morning.

Turns out they hosed with match making again.

:bravo:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Cozmo made a thread about it and is getting loving slammed.

Good poo poo.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Heh, top comment contains a video of yours.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
I was wondering how I kept getting post-mortem kills with an auto rifle.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

The Meat Dimension posted:

Heh, top comment contains a video of yours.

:ninja:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

Cozmo made a thread about it and is getting loving slammed.

Good poo poo.

On reddit?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
No on the official forms. lol Cozmo also linked it on Facebook which is how I found it https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/210790482

:respek:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Oh cool. The playlist I've been actively avoiding because the solo match making has been so hosed is now universal. Well done bungie you loving mongoloids.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Upvoted. I haven't seen that one before, loving pitiful.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

marauderthirty posted:

Upvoted. I haven't seen that one before, loving pitiful.

:hf:

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

You just want to stunt on noobs. :smug:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Differo Cathedra posted:

You just want to stunt on noobs with little to no lag.

This is my dream

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
If it's like last year, they should announce today the schedule for unveiling the new features of ROI on twitch for the next 4 weeks. For Taken King it was:

1st week was gameplay changes and infusion and light level stuff
2nd week was tour of new map (dreadnaught)
3rd week was gameplay of new PVE mode (court of oryx)
4th week was crucible gameplay and adjustments chat

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

dont need a schedule when there's not much to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'm thinking those record books are probably the smartest thing they've done with this game lately. This year I don't care about the lame looking Y2 Triumph shaders/emblems or the ugly t-shirt, but that book has circles and I gotta fill the circles in. Without that book I don't know if i would have bothered finishing the hard raid or fragments or the mountaintop thing, etc. And since we're getting a ROI record book on day 1 I think they know how effective it is to keep people playing

• Locked thread