Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Well, nearly 2 months later, #stomachgate has finally come to its conclusion (or I guess, conclusive enough). I have IBS and slow digestion- a particularly annoying combination. For whatever reason, my lower internal bits just don't push stuff along like they're supposed to and it stays in my body for multiple days more than it should which causes me the pain I've been having. Everything from food to waste to stomach acid just takes it's fuckin sweet time goin through my various tubes. Unfortunately neither of those are things you can "cure" so I'm just stuck with it- thankfully my doctor has prescribed me numbing pills for when it's hurting and military-grade laxatives for when I'm stopped up (which is always) so soon the pain part won't be so bad. I am also going to only be eating once or twice a day from now on.

It's reassuring to finally definitively know what's wrong with me. I am also glad it wasn't Crohn's because that would be miserable. I am annoyed that it's not something fixable though, but at least I can make it so it doesn't bother me as much as it was.

I'm sorry you've been diagnosed with IBS and slow digestion. A friend of mine suffers from IBS and it has always been a nuisance for her, though she has learned how best to live with it. I didn't even know slow digestion was a thing though, and the fact that there isn't anything they can do to treat it other than giving you numbing meds for the pain really sucks :\ I mean, to be honest when you said your body just doesn't digest quickly at all I was expecting you to segue into talking about gastric bypass surgery or something.

I am very happy it wasn't Crohn's tho. I met a person with Crohn's once and oof, Crohn's was really giving him a rough time.

Ciaphas posted:

every

time

That's before we get into the poo poo about the Apostles and the Metastasis and the time travel and the Knight's story and hahaha man the plot is entertaining at least.

Just doot doot doot here comes space new york to destroy your world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I've had Crohn's for 15 years now and with my medication it doesn't bother me almost at all. It varies a lot from person to person.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

It probably would have been easier to get the speed, store it, jump over that ledge, open the door and then spark right, enter the room, store it again then drop the power bomb. This gives you loads of time on the second charge

Huh I didn't know you could store after doing the sparkdash thing

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Ok I've kinda got a craving for a new game, I was going to grab Odin Sphere but now I might grab Mirage Sessions. Anyone want to throw their hat in the ring?

Could always just wait for Deus Ex I've pretty much just been PC gaming for a while but am probably missing out on a lot of cool stuff. There's a lot on PC but also a lot that isn't.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What was panzer dragoon saga like?

What was that entire series like?

I know saga's the odd one out since it's like an rpg and stuff instead of a rail shooter. I also heard there was one of them that was really really good but also so short that you're just like "wait that's it?" tho idk which one that was

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Blackfyre posted:

Ok I've kinda got a craving for a new game, I was going to grab Odin Sphere but now I might grab Mirage Sessions. Anyone want to throw their hat in the ring?

Could always just wait for Deus Ex I've pretty much just been PC gaming for a while but am probably missing out on a lot of cool stuff. There's a lot on PC but also a lot that isn't.
That's a hard choice cause those two are really good, would you rather turn based or action?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Blackfyre posted:

#FE is great fun. The story is kinda basic but it makes up for it with a really engaging battle system. lots of customization options, and lots of cool songs and visuals.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Probably the first one since it came out a time when people were starting to expect more substantial games as standard but Sega mostly stuck to doing arcadey stuff.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FirstAidKite posted:

I know saga's the odd one out since it's like an rpg and stuff instead of a rail shooter. I also heard there was one of them that was really really good but also so short that you're just like "wait that's it?" tho idk which one that was

theyre a rail shooter along the lines of rez, though with dragons instead of techno; saga uses that for combat and is otherwise a generic rpg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah it's a technique you'll need for some later ones. I love shinespark ing

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

In Training posted:

It probably would have been easier to get the speed, store it, jump over that ledge, open the door and then spark right, enter the room, store it again then drop the power bomb. This gives you loads of time on the second charge

This is how I got into that room and it was easy peasy.

The shinespark puzzles in AM2R are surprisingly chill. Which is good because I was expecting some bullshit ones like in Zero Mission.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

corn in the bible posted:

theyre a rail shooter along the lines of rez, though with dragons instead of techno; saga uses that for combat and is otherwise a generic rpg
Yeah, Rez is probably the closest comparison although Panzer Dragoon is a bit more arcade-action oriented.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Monkey Fracas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N025nnrcGrc

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

after playing NMS a bit last night I think it's pretty interesting, it won't win a jillion GOTY awards but it's something to chill with between Overwatch and inevitably Deux Ex/KoF14 later this month (and RE4: Deluxe Mega Edition). One of my friends already hates it because he doesn't really go for the open miasma it offers so he wants to play Witcher 3 for the first time instead (which I can't begrudge, since he's more of a Mass Effect guy than a Starbound guy.)

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I've gone for #FE as its price seems to be going up. There are some good deals on Odin Sphere but its readily available in the UK so I know its price will drop over time. #FE might end up like last story or Xenoblade and become and OOP darling at a high price. I know its tempered somewhat by the fact its available digitally but still.

Lets see how it goes!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I love that they thought about this eventuality when they were making the game- kind of sets the stage for all of the sequence-breaking madness in Zero Mission.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
An interesting interview with notch. There's also talk about his recent infamous tweets.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rexroom posted:

An interesting interview with notch. There's also talk about his recent infamous tweets.

billions of dollars and he still complains about his life and spends all loving day arguing on twitter. how can you be so wealthy and still waste so much of your time on such bullshit.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

I only ever played the Xbox one and it was kinda fun and very pretty but ultimately not my thing. I remember a lot of people saying Saga was the best RPG ever but that could probably be attributed to Sega Saturn Stockholm Syndrome.

Also glad to hear CJacobs has some peace of mind and stomach.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

billions of dollars and he still complains about his life and spends all loving day arguing on twitter. how can you be so wealthy and still waste so much of your time on such bullshit.

Surprisingly getting a shitload of money doesn't magically make the shut-in nerd a well-adjusted person.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

MinibarMatchman posted:

It all sounds like he suffers from some sort of mental problems and that's independent of wealth. Or maybe he just isn't happy with his life, a lot of rich people and specifically newly rich people aren't. Some problems are even more difficult to combat or even acknowledge when you become a famous person.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Rexroom posted:

He's an introvert who loves to party.

Oh you poor rich man.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Palpek posted:

It all sounds like he suffers from some sort of mental problems and that's independent of wealth. Or maybe he just isn't happy with his life, a lot of rich people and specifically newly rich people aren't. Some problems are even more difficult to combat or even acknowledge when you become a famous person.

Everyone at mojang hates the poo poo out of him and he has no friends because he's a huge rear end in a top hat.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

AlmightyBob posted:

Everyone at mojang hates the poo poo out of him and he has no friends because he's a huge rear end in a top hat.

No, no people still support him and are friends with him:

Notch posted:

I had a few people also contact me in private and say, "hey I'm still your friend but you're kind of like an idiot."

Notch posted:

the vast majority of people contacting me in private are agreeing with me.

Just in private

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Palpek posted:

Or he could just be a swede.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Just in private

I don't blame them, with the kind of attraction and scrutiny his random shitposting on twitter receives I can see why someone wouldn't want to say anything publicly

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Golden Goat posted:

No, no people still support him and are friends with him:

Just in private

I think a friend should be able to call you out when you're being dumb. Of course you also have to reign in the ego say yep I was dumb. That's harder to do with social media though.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't blame them, with the kind of attraction and scrutiny his random shitposting on twitter receives I can see why someone wouldn't want to say anything publicly
Who wouldn't want to be friends publicly with the man who coined the term "cuntfusing"?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Golden Goat posted:

Who wouldn't want to be friends publicly with the man who coined the term "cuntfusing"?

Sounds like a mad scientist experiment.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Golden Goat posted:

That's just top-notch.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Exactly

Also what the gently caress I just cut my big toe on a tiny tiny piece of glass that was in the bed. I took out the garbage yesterday and there was some broken glass in there and somehow a tiny piece of it escaped the bag and ended up on the mattress wtf

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

Exactly

Also what the gently caress I just cut my big toe on a tiny tiny piece of glass that was in the bed. I took out the garbage yesterday and there was some broken glass in there and somehow a tiny piece of it escaped the bag and ended up on the mattress wtf

I shattered a beer mug in my kitchen 2 years ago and every time I think I have it all absolutely cleaned up forever another piece appears, in my foot, at 6:00 in the morning when I get up and am trying to make coffee

where is the broken glass hiding, where

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FirstAidKite posted:

Exactly

someone messed up their silent assassin run

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also also, dfo's currently running an event where you can get some neat avatar things for free maybe but only from the "Oriental Outlaw" set which looks like this

I'm trying to decide what character I wanna play as since for the event you have to pick 1 character in particular and then level them up and every 5 levels they'll get some rewards, some of which are the avatar items pictured.

Monkey Fracas posted:

I shattered a beer mug in my kitchen 2 years ago and every time I think I have it all absolutely cleaned up forever another piece appears, in my foot, at 6:00 in the morning when I get up and am trying to make coffee

where is the broken glass hiding, where

gently caress that poo poo, man, gently caress that poo poo forever

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've been playing through 3D World with my 5 year old niece the past couple of weeks and seeing her reactions to some of the late game stuff like the world Bowser reveal/cat Bowser/Rosalina etc has been really neat

Nintendo games are Good

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the WORLD BOWSER reveal is incredible

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Nintendo games are Good

That looks really cool and my fiancee and I should go back to 3D world at some point

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Looper posted:

the WORLD BOWSER reveal is incredible

Yeah I seriously thought the game was over and I was happy that I'd gotten my money's worth

What's this? Castle world?

BOWSER WORLD?! :allears:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Quantum Break is coming to Steam and will run on windows 7. Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Palpek posted:

Quantum Break is coming to Steam and will run on windows 7. Lol

An Xbox/Windows 10 exclusivity period of 162 days.

• Locked thread