Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I like Rae because she looks like somebody's confused mother trying to be cool and talks like she's having the time of her life in how her emotional range goes from overjoyed with glee to at worst playful panic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

ZearothK posted:

KF1 trader is the woman we need.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Tripwire, I know you have forsaken this thread, but give us:

KF1 Trader
Chicken Commando
Ash (Williams)

TIA

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Give us back Mike Noble.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Has anyone else been experiencing a glitch where after leaving spec mode and joining a game, the title bar with the name of the player you were spectating stays stuck on the screen for the rest of the game? It's annoying as gently caress.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

Luchadork posted:

Has anyone else been experiencing a glitch where after leaving spec mode and joining a game, the title bar with the name of the player you were spectating stays stuck on the screen for the rest of the game? It's annoying as gently caress.

Yeah I've seen this multiple times as well.

Another interesting glitch is when the boss just suddenly explodes for no reason with almost full health. Is this one being tracked?

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Achievements for SWAT have been added. Nothing out of the ordinary, except some achievements revealing that Infernal Realms is getting the official stamp of approval.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/232090/achievements

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Luchadork posted:

Achievements for SWAT have been added. Nothing out of the ordinary, except some achievements revealing that Infernal Realms is getting the official stamp of approval.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/232090/achievements

Infernal Realms is one of my favorite custom maps.

One of my favorites from the creator of that map is Deva-station. It should've won the mapmaking contest for a space-related map. I spoke with the creator of those maps and he said it was inspired by Event Horizon and Dead Space, and it really showed with some familiar layouts of the rooms.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

h ttp://media.tripwirecdn.com/071916/m203.webm

Firing an M203 into a group of clots should vaporize all of them. Not just kill the one in the front.

KF2 isn't going to recapture KF1's magic until the guns actually kill poo poo. Could mutators do this? Could I make and run a custom mutator that would boost damage on the various weapons? I still don't own the game but I would assume this is simple to do.

It's a total bummer that the weapons in this game look awesome, sound awesome, and have great animations, but they don't actually have the in-game power to accompany that.

Bilal fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 10, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Bilal posted:

Firing an M203 into a group of clots should vaporize all of them. Not just kill the one in the front.

KF2 isn't going to recapture KF1's magic until the guns actually kill poo poo. Could mutators do this? Could I make and run a custom mutator that would boost damage on the various weapons? I still don't own the game but I would assume this is simple to do.

It's a total bummer that the weapons in this game look awesome, sound awesome, and have great animations, but they don't actually have the in-game power to accompany that.

Tripwire is just straight-up trash at making the game fun.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Even being a fan of dumb and weird looking guns, the Kriss don't really do it for me.

I'll forever defend the XM8 though, because I love that stupid fish rifle for unexplainable reasons.

And apropos of nothing, if you want a real shitheap of an ugly gun, look no further than the Groza.

"Kill meeeeee"

It bothers me that I can only think of like 2 games that have this gun.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Bilal posted:

My theory is they want to do everything the opposite of KF1 which is why guns in that game popped heads real good but in KF2 they decided the naked invisible woman had to be able to shrug off whole shotgun blasts

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bilal posted:

Wow that's terrible.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
You guys don't get it, they're going for the Dark Souls of co op shooters.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Plan Z posted:

I wouldn't count Battlefield 4 tbh

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Skoll posted:

Dark Souls feels good to play

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fun didn't test well internally

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Skoll posted:

So Tripwire hired David Goldfarb?

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Plan Z posted:

stalker and...?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Battlefield 3 or 4 had it I think.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
They said the M203 would be effectively be the bullpup + the M79, so I'm going to be cautiously optimistic that the reason it's not nuking those clots is because it's A) being used off-perk and B) not the finished product yet.

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
SWAT preview stream up now: https://www.twitch.tv/tripwireinteractive New sprint animation, new trader interface, zeds can block melee attacks, poison crawlers, and alpha clots rallying other zeds, among other things.

I gotta say, I just got back into the game after upgrading my GTX 560Ti to a 1070, and the game seems pretty good to me right now. The Sharpshooter weapons feel great, esp. the LAR, the extended flashlight life is a welcome QoL improvement, and I like the increase in Bloat head health - they were pretty much a joke before. And the Flex effects are a blast, now that I've got the hardware to run them. Sometimes the framerate takes a dump mid-match and never recovers, though - not sure what's up with that. Checked GPU heat levels when it happens, and they're not abnormal. I *am* running an older CPU, so maybe that's a contributing factor.

Edit: Also, martial artist is scrapped? They're still "working on the 10th perk". Katana is being made a zerker weapon, at the very least.

Ludicrous Gibs! fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 10, 2016

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

They at least recognize the people want the Chickenator.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ludicrous Gibs! posted:

SWAT preview stream up now: https://www.twitch.tv/tripwireinteractive New sprint animation, new trader interface, zeds can block melee attacks, poison crawlers, and alpha clots rallying other zeds, among other things.
Edit: Also, martial artist is scrapped? They're still "working on the 10th perk". Katana is being made a zerker weapon, at the very least.

Sensing a continuing trend.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Section Z posted:

Sensing a continuing trend.

gently caress melee classes?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Luchadork posted:

gently caress melee classes?

"Tested well internally" is practically a euphemism as this point :v:

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
Well, they're actually putting out a beta release for public testing now, rather than just rolling them into the live version. Maybe they learned their lesson when it comes to relying on internal testing? :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ludicrous Gibs! posted:

Well, they're actually putting out a beta release for public testing now, rather than just rolling them into the live version. Maybe they learned their lesson when it comes to relying on internal testing? :v:
It would be nice if they learned the RIGHT lessons from the Resistance thing. And not "We can just put it in a beta for a few days telling them we won't just force it on them, before forcing it on them anyways and saying we worked too hard on it to want to get rid of it" :sigh:

I just want to be able to one stop pop gorefast skulls with all T1's no problem again. "Headclicking simulator" was vastly more rewarding than the parade of making weapons worse at killing even trash.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 11, 2016

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

They did a beta release for resistances that lasted for about two days of mostly negative feedback, then it went to the live version.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
The resistance beta went:

1) Release beta
2) Ignore the rage against resistances for 2 days
3) Push beta to live status
4) Leave for E3

It was not a good plan.

Honestly, though, right now the game isn't too bad. Like there's still resistances there but for the most part you can still pop heads with 1-2 shots. I don't know if that's the case on HoE but gently caress HoE.

EDIT: Here's a link to the Twitch session today if anyone wants to watch the replay. The Agent Wilkes armor is in! https://www.twitch.tv/tripwireinteractive/v/82866875

Luchadork fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 11, 2016

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I watched most of the match they showed in the stream. I have to say I'm not really impressed with SWAT at all; it's tanking abilities seem like they're poo poo, and the weapons aren't really impressive outside of the gigantic magazines they can have after hitting a lot of level-ups. I think the intention was that the SWAT would be up front in a Zed cluster and tank shots while cutting down trash with the SMG, but the livestream did a piss-poor job at showing it and the SMGs didn't feel too effective compared to a Commando headshotting from a distance or a Demo gibbing everyone.

Some guy on Reddit posted a summary of the livestream. Here's what worries me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/4x4gq4/twis_swat_live_stream_summary/

quote:

Randomized special squads (i.e. Scrake has small chance to spawn on wave 2)

gently caress me. It's like TWI thought the Scrakes and Fleshpounds appearing early in KF1's Objective maps was a great idea and decided to add a limited version of it to KF2. :suicide:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

But in KF1 Objective mode you had the benefit of going for Crossbow headshots if an FP popped up. Or at least that's how I felt on it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
gently caress, I really hope they don't do a dumbass prestige system.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Hans updated, blocks and evades

why

quote:

Zed blocking and evasive manuevers in action.

double why

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Alteisen posted:

why

double why

Maybe they'll buff melee a lot and make it about timing between parries?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Alteisen posted:

why

double why

zerker must be bad. the gods demand it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That also fucks up anyone going for headshots to.

Both bosses are already massive slogs, now you're making them block and evade? :ughh:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Alteisen posted:

That also fucks up anyone going for headshots to.

Both bosses are already massive slogs, now you're making them block and evade? :ughh:

A mindset that would not QUITE be an exaggeration to say consists of "Party wipe = Just right" and "Winning = Too Casual" is sadly, very popular with their internal testers and brown sea faux hardcore posters, alas.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Enemies being more capable of defending themselves should either mean resistances are dropped or a prelude to dealing more effective damage.

I'd really rather prefer a KF2 that drowned you in trash with the occasional hard to deal with big guy that requires some cooperation vs fuckeverythingishardtokill: the game. One makes you feel like a badass, the other is just frustrating. If devs are concerned about longevity then uh, maybe make effective modding tools, expand the game modes and up enemy variety? Instead of forcing weird quirks to be effective or frustratingly dense damage tables? I'd rather bust out a DnD campaign at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

TheTatteredKing posted:

Maybe they'll buff melee a lot and make it about timing between parries?
Yeah I'm sure that's most definitely exactly what they're going to do