Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Piquai Souban posted:

I like when the Trump campaign makes their surrogates or RNC spokespeople go out and talk a bunch of horseshit about My Little Pony before they submarine their hired gun liars by later saying that Melania, in fact, ripped off Michelle Obama, after spending days lying to the contrary.

Poor sean spicer

Bro if the clinton machine gets rid of Sherrif Joe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The latest out of the far-right is that they believe Hillary had a DNC staffer murdered for leaking the EMAILS and then blamed Russia in a coverup.

Of course THE MEDIA is helped the Clinton's in this coverup because they are in BIG CLINTON's pocket.

"Conspiracy Hillary" is like Michael Corleone levels of criminal genius.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Good Citizen posted:

So how long until Trump publicly contradicts his campaign's own talking points? Like 5pm st the latest? I guess it could happen a little bit later if he gets distracted and starts arguing about the baby for another hour or two.

Or arguing with a baby?

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

His page is worth a follow. He's had a few nice write-ups this election cycle. Wouldn't mind seeing him back in the game.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Wow. Thomas 'Both sides do it! Middle way!' Friedman, taking a stand.

This election. :eyepop:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Montasque posted:

The latest out of the far-right is that they believe Hillary had a DNC staffer murdered for leaking the EMAILS and then blamed Russia in a coverup.

Of course THE MEDIA is helped the Clinton's in this coverup because they are in BIG CLINTON's pocket.

How's the alt right handling the polls

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Making me feel momentary respect towards Thomas Friedman, truly the worst of Trump's crimes

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Dan Rather posted:

No trying-to-be objective and fair journalist, no citizen who cares about the country and its future can ignore what Donald Trump said today. When he suggested that "The Second Amendment People" can stop Hillary Clinton he crossed a line with dangerous potential. By any objective analysis, this is a new low and unprecedented in the history of American presidential politics. This is no longer about policy, civility, decency or even temperament. This is a direct threat of violence against a political rival. It is not just against the norms of American politics, it raises a serious question of whether it is against the law. If any other citizen had said this about a Presidential candidate, would the Secret Service be investigating?

Candidate Trump will undoubtably issue an explanation; some of his surrogates are already engaged in trying to gloss it over, but once the words are out there they cannot be taken back. That is what inciting violence means.
To anyone who still pretends this is a normal election of Republican against Democrat, history is watching. And I suspect its verdict will be harsh. Many have tried to do a side-shuffle and issue statements saying they strongly disagree with his rhetoric but still support the candidate. That is becoming woefully insufficient. The rhetoric is the candidate.

This cannot be treated as just another outrageous moment in the campaign. We will see whether major newscasts explain how grave and unprecedented this is and whether the headlines in tomorrow's newspapers do it justice. We will soon know whether anyone who has publicly supported Trump explains how they can continue to do.

We are a democratic republic governed by the rule of law. We are an honest, fair and decent people. In trying to come to terms with today's discouraging development the best I can do is to summon our greatest political poet Abraham Lincoln for perspective:

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."

Lincoln used these stirring words to end his First Inaugural Address. It was the eve of the Civil War and sadly his call for sanity, cohesion and peace was met with horrific violence that almost left our precious Union asunder. We cannot let that happen again.

Good stuff.

zoux posted:

Unskew II: This Time It's True!

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I live in Maricopa County and wish this were possible, but there's no way Arpaio gets ousted. He has a $10M warchest (80% of which comes from donors outside the state). His opponent has $100k.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've seen some people note that Trump could completely end this by simply saying that violence has no place in American politics. He will not do ths.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Past a certain point I can see Clinton spending money just to run up the national popular numbers even in states she probably can't win.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
ha ha ha okay I would like off this roller coaster please. I've been on it for the last four months and I need to eat and pee, what, no don't pull the start lever aga—

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Also I've met Arpiao a bunch of times and he's a real rear end in a top hat in real life. Surprising, I know.

When I was in highschool I rented movies to him often while working at Hollywood Video. He rented under a false name which was bizarre because he didn't rent anything riské or noteworthy.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Montasque posted:

One of Trump's best surrogates is Dr. Ben Carson.

Think about that.

I wonder how many times a day Trump lustily looks at those Gifted Hands™

zen death robot posted:

Soon Trump will be hinting at second amendment solutions to babies crying during his speeches

I'm still betting on him wheeling out the old "Hillary is a lesbian" attack at some point

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

ha ha ha okay I would like off this roller coaster please. I've been on it for the last four months and I need to eat and pee, what, no don't pull the start lever aga—

We will have so much winning if I get elected nominated that you may get bored with winning

alternatively

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Boosted_C5 posted:

Today will be a better day.

Wear the hat you dumbshit cuc.k

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Montasque posted:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Boosted_C5 posted:

Maybe Trump can get some Paul Ryan/Scott Walker/NRA Wisconsin magic and win that state.

It's mostly white Yankee rednecks, right? RIGHT??? Obama winning it 2012 was just a blip, Walker wins repeatedly and the NRA won the people of the state their right to bear arms.

TRUMP COULD PULL IT OFF AND IT COULD PUT HIM OVER THE TOP!!!

no

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

waiting on drudge to relive the glory days and claim that Hillary hosed monica lewinsky

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

zoux posted:

Conspiracy theories. Alt-Righters hope their crowdsourced detective work can take down Hillary. Also some Bernie-or-Bust people are helping out.

Freepers on the other hand believe the only way to stop Hillary is armed insurrection... Picture one million heavily armed rascal scooters storming DC.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

Assange still sexually assaulting people even in death

:drat:

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Dogstoyevsky posted:

Actually, I'm pretty sure Trump was taking fire from all sides on that comment before the Clinton campaign could get anywhere near it.

I'm pretty sure the Trump campaign released a statement condemning the corrupt, unfair media reaction within minutes of him saying it, before any media outlet would have actually had a chance to talk about it yet

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Montasque posted:

Freepers on the other hand believe the only way to stop Hillary is armed insurrection... Picture one million heavily armed rascal scooters storming DC.

:allears:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

I'm still betting on him wheeling out the old "Hillary is a lesbian" attack at some point

The October Surprise :ohdear:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Huh?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/763385288295055360

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Montasque posted:

Conspiracy theories. Alt-Righters hope their crowdsourced detective work can take down Hillary. Also some Bernie-or-Bust people are helping out.

Thank you for your service.

This caught my eye because for a sec I thought he retweeted someone named obongo

The Farenthold "fun thing" from yesterday is this account of a 2007 Trump deposition where they catch him in 30 different lies lmao

quote:

The lawyers confronted the mogul with his past statements — and with his company’s internal documents, which often showed those statements had been incorrect or invented. The lawyers were relentless. Trump, the bigger-than-life mogul, was vulnerable — cornered, out-prepared and under oath.

Thirty times, they caught him.

Trump had misstated sales at his condo buildings. Inflated the price of membership at one of his golf clubs. Overstated the depth of his past debts and the number of his employees.

That deposition — 170 transcribed pages — offers extraordinary insights into Trump’s relationship with the truth. Trump’s falsehoods were unstrategic — needless, highly specific, easy to disprove. When caught, Trump sometimes blamed others for the error or explained that the untrue thing really was true, in his mind, because he saw the situation more positively than others did.

Lyin'.....Donald????

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

zoux posted:

I've seen some people note that Trump could completely end this by simply saying that violence has no place in American politics. He will not do ths.

Trump's insane statements don't matter in and of themselves; they matter because he is incapable of effectively spinning them or apologizing for them. poo poo, he isn't even capable of acting like they never happened and just waiting for people to forget about them. He can only double down on the crazy or cry like a pinkie-dicked orange pissbaby.

Doubling down on the crazy worked in the GOP primary because he only had to lock down a plurality of the lovely minority of Republicans who actually vote in Republican primaries. Now that he has to win an absolute majority of the national electorate it's totally self-destructive, but he's incapable of doing anything else.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zen death robot posted:

Soon Trump will be hinting at second amendment solutions to babies crying during his speeches

Scumbag Baby:
Gets shot for crying
Cries louder

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Montasque posted:

Picture one million heavily armed rascal scooters storming DC.

One of Heinz Guderian's lesser know Blitzkrieg innovations

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

donald trump is nor a liar he is a truth enhancer get it right

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol
https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/763384565297664000

*puffs up, sputters furiously*

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol piers morgan

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
today's schedule

education policy speech and florida rally

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Man's Trump T-shirt sparked crowbar attack, cops say

quote:

BLOOMFIELD — A 62-year-old man was beaten with a crowbar by a complete stranger who allegedly took issue with the man's Donald Trump T-shirt, police said Tuesday...

..."The motorist inquired why (the man) was wearing the shirt, directing profanities at him," Bloomfield Police spokesman Ralph Marotti said. "The (victim) continued to walk away as (the) motorist followed him."

The man then got out of his car with a crowbar, and during an altercation, struck the older man several times, authorities said.

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/08/man_attacked_by_stranger_who_questioned_his_trump.html

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

mannerup posted:

today's schedule

education policy speech and florida rally

So, how many protesters will we see at this closed event /this/ time?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Paul Ryan straight up sticking his fingers in his ears

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/763387750439464960

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

feel bad for the guy, nobody deserves that

that is one god drat abortion of a shirt though

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
lmao heard on NPR on the drive to work talk about Trump's comments on the second amendment and they pulled a CNN, saying "Clinton has never said that and legally can't abolish it", it being the second amendment. I think even NPR is tired of this poo poo

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

I watched the video in that link and think it was a weird thing for Trump to tweet out. The CNN panel is shredding him in it: Don Lemon is able to talk over the Trump surrogate and frankly makes him look like a total tool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/763375759834636288

• Locked thread